Since: Aug 12

United States

#20012 Aug 18, 2013
Funny how you single out one form of scandal...

Its like you're bragging on how impressive the media is like a teflon condom for all the democrats scandals.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#20013 Aug 18, 2013
UdintBuildThat wrote:
Funny how you single out one form of scandal...
Its like you're bragging on how impressive the media is like a teflon condom for all the democrats scandals.
I've asked him before to provide some evidence of the political affiliation of all the pedophiles in this country, but I guess he can't which means he's full of ship.

Pedophiles come in all shapes, races and forms. They have nothing else so they constantly resort to pedophilia. Remember too how they praised Bill Clinton after taking advantage of a 19 year old underling; not that he hasn't before Monica. But the girl was young enough to be his daughter. Where were those ugly as hell women's rights people during that time? Nowhere to be found.
Pops

Newport, KY

#20014 Aug 18, 2013
It's clear that Canton (& his numerous A.K.A.'s ) is condemned to rant & makes up a lot of things to get attention.
Earlier I mentioned gene pools & that I was glad to NOT be part of Canton's family tree. Well Marilyn Mansion is also from Canton....hmmm

Since: Aug 12

United States

#20015 Aug 18, 2013
Is it any wonder northeast Ohio makes any normal person feel like they entered the twilight zone and traveled back to the early 1900s? With folks like Canton and that kinda mindset they simply will never progress past the early 1900s era.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#20016 Aug 18, 2013
He has the same rants over and over. HIs hatred for oil, Republicans, God and wealthy people is about the only thing he can talk about.
so so ignorant

UK

#20017 Aug 18, 2013
The HeartOfTheGOP wrote:
Please. Those who have supported the GOP their entire voting lives,(Also see won't admit it out of shame), have so much more to explain besides their radical, oil lobby propaganda fed views on our obviously changing climate.
Why do all of those rightwing, Christian Conservative Republican corporate fetch boys like them little kids so much?
http://armchairsubversive.blogspot.com/
Your turn. Go ahead and post a link to a huge scrolling web page of all the Democrats that have been proven to be pedophiles. Strange. There isn't any because the Republicans have been busted groping toddlers a disturbingly and disproportionate amount of times beyond any political group combined.
I'll pray for you. It's going to be hard, but I'll do it.

Since: Aug 12

United States

#20018 Aug 18, 2013
Ill pray for more Fracking on Northwast Ohio.

Since: Aug 12

United States

#20019 Aug 18, 2013
Northwest*** and northeast just for Cantons sake.
lol

Huntington, WV

#20020 Aug 18, 2013
People! It's 2013 not 2010. Get over it!
Pops

Newport, KY

#20021 Aug 18, 2013
lol wrote:
People! It's 2013 not 2010. Get over it!
Have you noticed that the conversation has morphed away from the topic title but that the conversation is still coherent among the posters?
That means that YOUR comment is off of subject. sry to inform you of that. lol
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#20022 Aug 18, 2013
UdintBuildThat wrote:
Funny how you single out one form of scandal...
Its like you're bragging on how impressive the media is like a teflon condom for all the democrats scandals.
Both sides have their sex scandals. The difference is that Republicans are so vocal about being the voice of morality, that they come off as huge hypocrites when their true natures are revealed.

Two examples:
"Republican Helen Chenoweth (1998): The archconservative Idaho congresswoman, who blasted Bill Clinton's infidelity, copped to a six-year affair with a married rancher from her home state in the 1980s."

"Republican James West (2005): The Spokane mayor, who long opposed gay rights bills, was recalled from office after a gay Internet sex scandal and more were revealed."

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2009/06/24...
Pops

Newport, KY

#20023 Aug 18, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Both sides have their sex scandals. The difference is that Republicans are so vocal about being the voice of morality, that they come off as huge hypocrites when their true natures are revealed.
Two examples:
"Republican Helen Chenoweth (1998): The archconservative Idaho congresswoman, who blasted Bill Clinton's infidelity, copped to a six-year affair with a married rancher from her home state in the 1980s."
"Republican James West (2005): The Spokane mayor, who long opposed gay rights bills, was recalled from office after a gay Internet sex scandal and more were revealed."
http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2009/06/24...
Yea, Then there was all 3 of the Kennedy brothers, LBJ, and Weiner said that someone hacked his account & had hired a pro to find out who. Then there was Mr Edwards & then the I believe the South Carolina congressman that simply disappeared & was supposedly hiking the App. Trail. ALL of us could go on & on about this topic.
In recent history, Carter, Reagan & GW were the only ones that seemed to have kept their privates private.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#20024 Aug 18, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Both sides have their sex scandals. The difference is that Republicans are so vocal about being the voice of morality, that they come off as huge hypocrites when their true natures are revealed.
Two examples:
"Republican Helen Chenoweth (1998): The archconservative Idaho congresswoman, who blasted Bill Clinton's infidelity, copped to a six-year affair with a married rancher from her home state in the 1980s."
"Republican James West (2005): The Spokane mayor, who long opposed gay rights bills, was recalled from office after a gay Internet sex scandal and more were revealed."
http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2009/06/24...
They do stand out more because of one, the media is a big help in that department and two, Democrats don't have morality, so when somebody pulls a Monica, it's not looked down by the constituents, it's accepted and even praised.

Every group of people has their bad apples be it the police, the firemen, the Catholic priests, CCW holders, the Democrats and yes, the Republicans. The difference however is how the rest of the people respond to their bad apples.

In the Republican party, they usually throw their own under the bus. In the Democrat party, they stick together. The Democrats did their best to protect Clinton during the Jones situation and impeachment, but when it came to Nixon, they told him to leave the room and don't let the door hit him in the azz.

Trent Lott complimented Strom Thurman at his PRIVATE birthday party saying had he been elected President, our country would be in better shape today. The Democrats spun that into some kind of racial thing and even though Lott did nothing wrong, he resigned from his position. Compare that to when William Jefferson was caught hiding money in a freezer during Katrina, and even summoned the national guard to help him get his car out of the mud. He went down kicking and screaming.
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#20025 Aug 18, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Trent Lott complimented Strom Thurman
If you do a Google search for "Trent Lott complimented Strom Thurman" you'll get 51,700 hits.

So, first, I'm busting you on cutting and pasting random crap from conservative blogs, instead of giving a more thoughtful reply.

Second, his name is Strom Thurmond, not "Thurman." He was a "Dixiecrat", a Southern Democrat that hated the idea of civil rights. So much so, that he filibustered for more than 24 hours the Civil Rights Act of 1957 (still a record!), and in the mid-1960s he opposed the civil rights legislation to end segregation and enforce the voting rights of African-American citizens. That's why Trent Lott's comments were not well received.

There are a lot of negatives to being an old guy, but a positive is that I won't be fooled by those who merely cut and paste the words of others (at least as long as my memory remains intact!)
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#20026 Aug 18, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
If you do a Google search for "Trent Lott complimented Strom Thurman" you'll get 51,700 hits.
So, first, I'm busting you on cutting and pasting random crap from conservative blogs, instead of giving a more thoughtful reply.
Second, his name is Strom Thurmond, not "Thurman." He was a "Dixiecrat", a Southern Democrat that hated the idea of civil rights. So much so, that he filibustered for more than 24 hours the Civil Rights Act of 1957 (still a record!), and in the mid-1960s he opposed the civil rights legislation to end segregation and enforce the voting rights of African-American citizens. That's why Trent Lott's comments were not well received.
There are a lot of negatives to being an old guy, but a positive is that I won't be fooled by those who merely cut and paste the words of others (at least as long as my memory remains intact!)
Then I challenge you. Show me one place where I could have copied and pasted my reply. Just one. You can't, and do you know why? Because I didn't. Those are my own words and my own thoughts.

While I may not be an old guy, I'm not far behind you. And I remember what took place at that birthday party like it was last week. Just like I remember not long afterwards, Rush Limbaugh lost his dream job because he said the media was anxious to promote a black quarterback. Need more? I remember when John Kerry told a bunch of college kids that if they didn't stay in school, they may end up in a place like Iraq. Then he backtracked saying it was a "flubbed' joke.

Or did I get all that from conservative blogs too?

Thurmond like many politicians held a lot of views during his career. For Democrats to conclude that Lott's remark was in reference to his racial views WHILE HE WAS A DEMOCRAT is nothing more than a play at the race card so common with liberals. Again, it was not a public event. It was a private event where some creepy liberal snuck in and recorded Lott's remarks.
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#20027 Aug 18, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Trent Lott complimented Strom Thurman at his PRIVATE birthday party saying had he been elected President, our country would be in better shape today. The Democrats spun that into some kind of racial thing...
That's right, "some kind of racial thing." Since you say you are old enough to remember, maybe you'll remember this:

"Thurmond ran as the presidential nominee of the breakaway Dixiecrat Party in the 1948 presidential race against Democrat Harry Truman and Republican Thomas Dewey. He carried Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi and his home state of South Carolina, of which he was governor at the time.

During the campaign, he said, "All the laws of Washington and all the bayonets of the Army cannot force the Negro into our homes, our schools, our churches."

Thurmond's party ran under a platform that declared in part, "We stand for the segregation of the races and the racial integrity of each race.""

http://archives.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/12/0...
DontMindTheFacts

Canton, OH

#20028 Aug 19, 2013
Funny how every rightwing claim you guys make on here and every prediction you repeat from your Tea Bagger's emailed newsletters is time and time again, proven to be complete garbage and absolutely false. From healthcare, to the environment, to the economy. Every single thing. Wonder how long it will be before you guys stop and realize that? Considering a huge part of America could instantly see that GW Bush and his administration were idiots and conniving, corporate war mongers, cashing in on religion to push forward their oil industry agenda, while you guys gleefully voted for him twice, I'd say it will be a very long time before you guys can take a step back and realize how stupid you sound when you make these false claims.
DontMindTheFacts

Canton, OH

#20029 Aug 19, 2013
Wonder why you never hear people saying things like "He wasn't a real Democrat" or "He wasn't a real Atheist"? Any time a rightwinger gets busted being a scumbag or a liar, we always hear things like "He wasn't a real Republican" or "Conservative" or "Christian". Your camp has been dishing out bullsh1t so long that you have your excuses lined up like a Pez candy dispenser.

Since: Aug 12

United States

#20030 Aug 19, 2013
Maybe you can tell us why his dog doesn't ride on the same plane? It couldn't be because he's a muslim or anything as crazy as that..... so why does bo get his own Osprey?
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#20031 Aug 19, 2013
WordGames wrote:
<quoted text>
"A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in."
-Greek proverb
it is called Succession Planning.

performed daily in the military & business word.

to teach for tomorrow.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westlake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
republicans take the senate and america gets be... Oct 21 tommorrow 1
Obituaries 10/26/11 (Nov '11) Oct 18 Roger and Terri 42
Pandrangi Tower will open soon at Southwest Gen... Oct 15 Ivieivy 1
Wholesale Medical Marijuana supplier Oct 11 good stuff 1
bed bugs Sep 25 concerned bulldog 1
Man charged in Cleveland rape is now suspect in... Sep 25 Serve Justice 1
FitzGerald says there was nothing improper in 2... Aug '14 mike 2
Westlake Dating
Find my Match

Westlake Jobs

Westlake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Westlake News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Westlake

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]