Newport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

It is great when there is civil discourse instead of narrow minded, aggressive name calling!
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it doesn't say that. The page has probably changed since you captured that quote.
But, let's look at what you say he said: "18 summers since 1983 have been COOLER than this summer." There have been 29 summers since 1983. He is saying that 18 of those 29 have been cooler than this summer.(That means that 11 have been warmer than this summer.) You somehow took this to mean that the last 18 summers have been cooler than average. That's dead wrong.
"Summer ends as Cleveland's hottest in 10 years
Published: Friday, September 21, 2012"
http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2012...
Fair enough. I can do the math, and what the math says is that we have had more cooler summers than warmer in the last 30 years.. We had 18 summers with temperatures below average and 12 summers who knows?

The point is, there is nothing unusual going on here. Maybe in the next 30 years, we will have 18 warmer summers and 12 cooler ones. That would not be indicative of anything either.

If Global Warming or Climate Change or whatever you want to call it was really happening, we would be experiencing a consistent trend of warmer weather. It hasn't happened. And some predict (according to what's happening with the sun) that we will have a decade of cooler weather. Again, indicative of nothing.

The point is that this Global Warming farce is nothing more than an endless pit of money. And if you are an old guy, then you know exactly what I'm talking about.

We got rid of freon, we got rid of leaded gas and paint, we got rid of gas guzzling cars for the most part, we got rid of fluorocarbons in our armpit spray, we improved our carbon footprint in the energy we use such as electric, we greatly reduced global gasses thanks to fracking, we installed computer systems in cars and truck, and speaking of such, trucks now have Diesel Emission Fluid containers that we have to refill all the time and lower sulfur diesel fuel that keeps diesel fuel a buck or so higher than gasoline.

And wat do we have to show for it? More climate change?????

Isn't it enough already? Haven't we yet learned there is nothing we can do to change God's plan pro or con? Haven't we learned enough from the millions of jobs we lost to places like China and the trillions we already spent to understand we have no control of this?

When will we really learn--after we are totally broke?
The HeartOfTheGOP

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

Please. Those who have supported the GOP their entire voting lives,(Also see won't admit it out of shame), have so much more to explain besides their radical, oil lobby propaganda fed views on our obviously changing climate.

Why do all of those rightwing, Christian Conservative Republican corporate fetch boys like them little kids so much?

http://armchairsubversive.blogspot.com/

Your turn. Go ahead and post a link to a huge scrolling web page of all the Democrats that have been proven to be pedophiles. Strange. There isn't any because the Republicans have been busted groping toddlers a disturbingly and disproportionate amount of times beyond any political group combined.
The HeartOfTheGOP

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

It's almost as if you guys are deeply involved in a kookie little pseudo religious, kiddie groping oil cult. Minus the almost part. That puts your constant paranoia of the Feds, and your desperate need to hoard military grade weapons in a crystal clear perspective.

Since: Aug 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

Funny how you single out one form of scandal...

Its like you're bragging on how impressive the media is like a teflon condom for all the democrats scandals.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

UdintBuildThat wrote:
Its like you're bragging on how impressive the media is like a teflon condom for all the democrats scandals.
I've asked him before to provide some evidence of the political affiliation of all the pedophiles in this country, but I guess he can't which means he's full of ship.

Pedophiles come in all shapes, races and forms. They have nothing else so they constantly resort to pedophilia. Remember too how they praised Bill Clinton after taking advantage of a 19 year old underling; not that he hasn't before Monica. But the girl was young enough to be his daughter. Where were those ugly as hell women's rights people during that time? Nowhere to be found.
Pops

Newport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

It's clear that Canton (& his numerous A.K.A.'s ) is condemned to rant & makes up a lot of things to get attention.
Earlier I mentioned gene pools & that I was glad to NOT be part of Canton's family tree. Well Marilyn Mansion is also from Canton....hmmm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

Is it any wonder northeast Ohio makes any normal person feel like they entered the twilight zone and traveled back to the early 1900s? With folks like Canton and that kinda mindset they simply will never progress past the early 1900s era.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

He has the same rants over and over. HIs hatred for oil, Republicans, God and wealthy people is about the only thing he can talk about.
so so ignorant

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

The HeartOfTheGOP wrote:
Please. Those who have supported the GOP their entire voting lives,(Also see won't admit it out of shame), have so much more to explain besides their radical, oil lobby propaganda fed views on our obviously changing climate.
Why do all of those rightwing, Christian Conservative Republican corporate fetch boys like them little kids so much?
http://armchairsubversive.blogspot.com/
Your turn. Go ahead and post a link to a huge scrolling web page of all the Democrats that have been proven to be pedophiles. Strange. There isn't any because the Republicans have been busted groping toddlers a disturbingly and disproportionate amount of times beyond any political group combined.
I'll pray for you. It's going to be hard, but I'll do it.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

Ill pray for more Fracking on Northwast Ohio.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

Northwest*** and northeast just for Cantons sake.
lol

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

People! It's 2013 not 2010. Get over it!
Pops

Newport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

lol wrote:
People! It's 2013 not 2010. Get over it!
Have you noticed that the conversation has morphed away from the topic title but that the conversation is still coherent among the posters?
That means that YOUR comment is off of subject. sry to inform you of that. lol
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

UdintBuildThat wrote:
Both sides have their sex scandals. The difference is that Republicans are so vocal about being the voice of morality, that they come off as huge hypocrites when their true natures are revealed.

Two examples:
"Republican Helen Chenoweth (1998): The archconservative Idaho congresswoman, who blasted Bill Clinton's infidelity, copped to a six-year affair with a married rancher from her home state in the 1980s."

"Republican James West (2005): The Spokane mayor, who long opposed gay rights bills, was recalled from office after a gay Internet sex scandal and more were revealed."

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2009/06/24...
Pops

Newport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Both sides have their sex scandals. The difference is that Republicans are so vocal about being the voice of morality, that they come off as huge hypocrites when their true natures are revealed.
Two examples:
"Republican Helen Chenoweth (1998): The archconservative Idaho congresswoman, who blasted Bill Clinton's infidelity, copped to a six-year affair with a married rancher from her home state in the 1980s."
"Republican James West (2005): The Spokane mayor, who long opposed gay rights bills, was recalled from office after a gay Internet sex scandal and more were revealed."
Yea, Then there was all 3 of the Kennedy brothers, LBJ, and Weiner said that someone hacked his account & had hired a pro to find out who. Then there was Mr Edwards & then the I believe the South Carolina congressman that simply disappeared & was supposedly hiking the App. Trail. ALL of us could go on & on about this topic.
In recent history, Carter, Reagan & GW were the only ones that seemed to have kept their privates private.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Two examples:
They do stand out more because of one, the media is a big help in that department and two, Democrats don't have morality, so when somebody pulls a Monica, it's not looked down by the constituents, it's accepted and even praised.

Every group of people has their bad apples be it the police, the firemen, the Catholic priests, CCW holders, the Democrats and yes, the Republicans. The difference however is how the rest of the people respond to their bad apples.

In the Republican party, they usually throw their own under the bus. In the Democrat party, they stick together. The Democrats did their best to protect Clinton during the Jones situation and impeachment, but when it came to Nixon, they told him to leave the room and don't let the door hit him in the azz.

Trent Lott complimented Strom Thurman at his PRIVATE birthday party saying had he been elected President, our country would be in better shape today. The Democrats spun that into some kind of racial thing and even though Lott did nothing wrong, he resigned from his position. Compare that to when William Jefferson was caught hiding money in a freezer during Katrina, and even summoned the national guard to help him get his car out of the mud. He went down kicking and screaming.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Trent Lott complimented Strom Thurman
If you do a Google search for "Trent Lott complimented Strom Thurman" you'll get 51,700 hits.

So, first, I'm busting you on cutting and pasting random crap from conservative blogs, instead of giving a more thoughtful reply.

Second, his name is Strom Thurmond, not "Thurman." He was a "Dixiecrat", a Southern Democrat that hated the idea of civil rights. So much so, that he filibustered for more than 24 hours the Civil Rights Act of 1957 (still a record!), and in the mid-1960s he opposed the civil rights legislation to end segregation and enforce the voting rights of African-American citizens. That's why Trent Lott's comments were not well received.

There are a lot of negatives to being an old guy, but a positive is that I won't be fooled by those who merely cut and paste the words of others (at least as long as my memory remains intact!)
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
If you do a Google search for "Trent Lott complimented Strom Thurman" you'll get 51,700 hits.
So, first, I'm busting you on cutting and pasting random crap from conservative blogs, instead of giving a more thoughtful reply.
Second, his name is Strom Thurmond, not "Thurman." He was a "Dixiecrat", a Southern Democrat that hated the idea of civil rights. So much so, that he filibustered for more than 24 hours the Civil Rights Act of 1957 (still a record!), and in the mid-1960s he opposed the civil rights legislation to end segregation and enforce the voting rights of African-American citizens. That's why Trent Lott's comments were not well received.
There are a lot of negatives to being an old guy, but a positive is that I won't be fooled by those who merely cut and paste the words of others (at least as long as my memory remains intact!)
Then I challenge you. Show me one place where I could have copied and pasted my reply. Just one. You can't, and do you know why? Because I didn't. Those are my own words and my own thoughts.

While I may not be an old guy, I'm not far behind you. And I remember what took place at that birthday party like it was last week. Just like I remember not long afterwards, Rush Limbaugh lost his dream job because he said the media was anxious to promote a black quarterback. Need more? I remember when John Kerry told a bunch of college kids that if they didn't stay in school, they may end up in a place like Iraq. Then he backtracked saying it was a "flubbed' joke.

Or did I get all that from conservative blogs too?

Thurmond like many politicians held a lot of views during his career. For Democrats to conclude that Lott's remark was in reference to his racial views WHILE HE WAS A DEMOCRAT is nothing more than a play at the race card so common with liberals. Again, it was not a public event. It was a private event where some creepy liberal snuck in and recorded Lott's remarks.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Trent Lott complimented Strom Thurman at his PRIVATE birthday party saying had he been elected President, our country would be in better shape today. The Democrats spun that into some kind of racial thing...
That's right, "some kind of racial thing." Since you say you are old enough to remember, maybe you'll remember this:

"Thurmond ran as the presidential nominee of the breakaway Dixiecrat Party in the 1948 presidential race against Democrat Harry Truman and Republican Thomas Dewey. He carried Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi and his home state of South Carolina, of which he was governor at the time.

During the campaign, he said, "All the laws of Washington and all the bayonets of the Army cannot force the Negro into our homes, our schools, our churches."

Thurmond's party ran under a platform that declared in part, "We stand for the segregation of the races and the racial integrity of each race.""

http://archives.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/12/0...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Westlake Discussions

Search the Westlake Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 23 min They cannot kill a Spook 231
Donald and Terry Johnson Jul 20 Old classmate and friend 15
Revamped Brook Park Home Days haven't drawn or ... Jul 20 tim 1
1119 Deitsch resignation nov 19 2013 at board m... Jul 16 FP parent 1
Police charge Ohio woman with murder in husband... Jul 15 No Mold Whatsoever 3
pelosi is wrong and raping womens choices Jul 11 tommorrow 1
Democratic gubernatorial candidate Ed FitzGeral... Jul 4 Solarman 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Westlake Jobs

•••