Old Guy

United States

#20001 Aug 17, 2013
They make penis enlargement pills Canton? I've been hangin short and flacid ever since Jima Cawta was president. Spose they'll work for me too?
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#20002 Aug 17, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
They make penis enlargement pills Canton? I've been hangin short and flacid ever since Jima Cawta was president. Spose they'll work for me too?
Stealing my name now? I don't think folks will have too much difficulty telling us apart. I'm the one that knows how to spell.
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#20003 Aug 17, 2013
UdintBuildThat wrote:
It all has to do with sun spots, solar flares and sometimes earths volcanic activity....
"Over the last 35 years the sun has shown a slight cooling trend. However global temperatures have been increasing. Since the sun and climate are going in opposite directions scientists conclude the sun cannot be the cause of recent global warming."

http://www.skepticalscience.com/solar-activit...
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#20004 Aug 17, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't post a link to explain your "18 years have been below normal summer temperatures" claim. I'd like to see it.
Post |#19964
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#20005 Aug 17, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Post |#19964
OK, I went back and looked.
Here's your link: http://fox8.com/weather/forecast/

It doesn't support your claim that: "18 years have been below normal summer temperatures." It doesn't say anything like that.

"Summer ends as Cleveland's hottest in 10 years
Published: Friday, September 21, 2012"

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2012...

And the year before that...

"Summer hits Northeast Ohio with some of its warmest and wettest weather in years
Published: Thursday, September 01, 2011
This summer will go down as one of the warmest and wettest in the last half-century."

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2011/09/summe...
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#20006 Aug 17, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, I went back and looked.
Here's your link: http://fox8.com/weather/forecast/
It doesn't support your claim that: "18 years have been below normal summer temperatures." It doesn't say anything like that.
IT DOESN'T?

Hmmm. Let's look at that again:

"Provided by Scott Sabol: By the way, I ran the numbers for the ENTIRE SUMMER starting on June 1st. Believe it or not, this summer is NEAR AVERAGE compared to all of the summers since 1983. 18 summers since 1983 have been COOLER than this summer"

Okay, so from what is printed here, our summer is pretty close to average.

Our past 18 summers have been cooler than average.

What am I missing here? And when he said it was "close to average," I'm assuming that even this summer is a bit cooler than average.
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#20007 Aug 17, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
IT DOESN'T?
Hmmm. Let's look at that again:
"Provided by Scott Sabol: By the way, I ran the numbers for the ENTIRE SUMMER starting on June 1st. Believe it or not, this summer is NEAR AVERAGE compared to all of the summers since 1983. 18 summers since 1983 have been COOLER than this summer"
Okay, so from what is printed here, our summer is pretty close to average.
Our past 18 summers have been cooler than average.
What am I missing here? And when he said it was "close to average," I'm assuming that even this summer is a bit cooler than average.
No, it doesn't say that. The page has probably changed since you captured that quote.

But, let's look at what you say he said: "18 summers since 1983 have been COOLER than this summer." There have been 29 summers since 1983. He is saying that 18 of those 29 have been cooler than this summer.(That means that 11 have been warmer than this summer.) You somehow took this to mean that the last 18 summers have been cooler than average. That's dead wrong.

Pops

Newport, KY

#20008 Aug 17, 2013
It is great when there is civil discourse instead of narrow minded, aggressive name calling!
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#20009 Aug 17, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it doesn't say that. The page has probably changed since you captured that quote.
But, let's look at what you say he said: "18 summers since 1983 have been COOLER than this summer." There have been 29 summers since 1983. He is saying that 18 of those 29 have been cooler than this summer.(That means that 11 have been warmer than this summer.) You somehow took this to mean that the last 18 summers have been cooler than average. That's dead wrong.
Fair enough. I can do the math, and what the math says is that we have had more cooler summers than warmer in the last 30 years.. We had 18 summers with temperatures below average and 12 summers who knows?

The point is, there is nothing unusual going on here. Maybe in the next 30 years, we will have 18 warmer summers and 12 cooler ones. That would not be indicative of anything either.

If Global Warming or Climate Change or whatever you want to call it was really happening, we would be experiencing a consistent trend of warmer weather. It hasn't happened. And some predict (according to what's happening with the sun) that we will have a decade of cooler weather. Again, indicative of nothing.

The point is that this Global Warming farce is nothing more than an endless pit of money. And if you are an old guy, then you know exactly what I'm talking about.

We got rid of freon, we got rid of leaded gas and paint, we got rid of gas guzzling cars for the most part, we got rid of fluorocarbons in our armpit spray, we improved our carbon footprint in the energy we use such as electric, we greatly reduced global gasses thanks to fracking, we installed computer systems in cars and truck, and speaking of such, trucks now have Diesel Emission Fluid containers that we have to refill all the time and lower sulfur diesel fuel that keeps diesel fuel a buck or so higher than gasoline.

And wat do we have to show for it? More climate change?????

Isn't it enough already? Haven't we yet learned there is nothing we can do to change God's plan pro or con? Haven't we learned enough from the millions of jobs we lost to places like China and the trillions we already spent to understand we have no control of this?

When will we really learn--after we are totally broke?
The HeartOfTheGOP

Canton, OH

#20010 Aug 18, 2013
Please. Those who have supported the GOP their entire voting lives,(Also see won't admit it out of shame), have so much more to explain besides their radical, oil lobby propaganda fed views on our obviously changing climate.

Why do all of those rightwing, Christian Conservative Republican corporate fetch boys like them little kids so much?

http://armchairsubversive.blogspot.com/

Your turn. Go ahead and post a link to a huge scrolling web page of all the Democrats that have been proven to be pedophiles. Strange. There isn't any because the Republicans have been busted groping toddlers a disturbingly and disproportionate amount of times beyond any political group combined.
The HeartOfTheGOP

Canton, OH

#20011 Aug 18, 2013
It's almost as if you guys are deeply involved in a kookie little pseudo religious, kiddie groping oil cult. Minus the almost part. That puts your constant paranoia of the Feds, and your desperate need to hoard military grade weapons in a crystal clear perspective.

Since: Aug 12

United States

#20012 Aug 18, 2013
Funny how you single out one form of scandal...

Its like you're bragging on how impressive the media is like a teflon condom for all the democrats scandals.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#20013 Aug 18, 2013
UdintBuildThat wrote:
Funny how you single out one form of scandal...
Its like you're bragging on how impressive the media is like a teflon condom for all the democrats scandals.
I've asked him before to provide some evidence of the political affiliation of all the pedophiles in this country, but I guess he can't which means he's full of ship.

Pedophiles come in all shapes, races and forms. They have nothing else so they constantly resort to pedophilia. Remember too how they praised Bill Clinton after taking advantage of a 19 year old underling; not that he hasn't before Monica. But the girl was young enough to be his daughter. Where were those ugly as hell women's rights people during that time? Nowhere to be found.
Pops

Newport, KY

#20014 Aug 18, 2013
It's clear that Canton (& his numerous A.K.A.'s ) is condemned to rant & makes up a lot of things to get attention.
Earlier I mentioned gene pools & that I was glad to NOT be part of Canton's family tree. Well Marilyn Mansion is also from Canton....hmmm

United States

#20015 Aug 18, 2013
Is it any wonder northeast Ohio makes any normal person feel like they entered the twilight zone and traveled back to the early 1900s? With folks like Canton and that kinda mindset they simply will never progress past the early 1900s era.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#20016 Aug 18, 2013
He has the same rants over and over. HIs hatred for oil, Republicans, God and wealthy people is about the only thing he can talk about.
so so ignorant

UK

#20017 Aug 18, 2013
The HeartOfTheGOP wrote:
Please. Those who have supported the GOP their entire voting lives,(Also see won't admit it out of shame), have so much more to explain besides their radical, oil lobby propaganda fed views on our obviously changing climate.
Why do all of those rightwing, Christian Conservative Republican corporate fetch boys like them little kids so much?
http://armchairsubversive.blogspot.com/
Your turn. Go ahead and post a link to a huge scrolling web page of all the Democrats that have been proven to be pedophiles. Strange. There isn't any because the Republicans have been busted groping toddlers a disturbingly and disproportionate amount of times beyond any political group combined.
I'll pray for you. It's going to be hard, but I'll do it.

United States

#20018 Aug 18, 2013
Ill pray for more Fracking on Northwast Ohio.

United States

#20019 Aug 18, 2013
Northwest*** and northeast just for Cantons sake.
lol

Huntington, WV

#20020 Aug 18, 2013
People! It's 2013 not 2010. Get over it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westlake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Just Moved Here! Are There Any Indoor Basketbal... Dec 8 Jake777 1
Review: Fifth Third Bank Nov 26 dorothy a beckwith 1
Disabled people can't use Olmsted Falls library (Feb '11) Nov 24 Helen8809 5
North Ridgeville Internet Providers (Nov '07) Nov '14 MaryEllen Minter 5
Items (Oct '11) Nov '14 Kim 2
Trick or treating Nov '14 Jessica 1
FitzGerald says there was nothing improper in 2... Aug '14 mike 2
Westlake Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web