Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#19771 Aug 6, 2013
Scandalbot wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't lied about anything. You get caught lying often. I base my logic on the years I worked for Newt Gingrich. You base your mouth on emailed Tea Bagger newsletters.
Newt Gingrich is no different than Bill Clinton when it comes to ethics and morals.
Scandalbot

Canton, OH

#19772 Aug 6, 2013
More on the GOP and their "family values".

http://armchairsubversive.blogspot.com/
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#19773 Aug 6, 2013
Scandalbot wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed, but then Clinton was just being a dog, where Newt tried to set himself up as a pillar of what traditional family values should be. Also, did you know that the Koch brother oil billionaires had a direct hand in penning The Contract with America?
Well I tried to tell you how great those Koch brothers are. The Contract With America was one of the best legislations ever written in our lifetime.

Now if you read the FactCheck piece I posted, it told the story of this over decade long torture of a marriage between Newt and his ex-wife. I've seen several bad marriages in my life where the couple would struggle to remain married because of the children. They were loveless marriages like the Gingrich's, and if not for the kids, they would have ended long before they did.

According to the FactCheck article, their troubles started back in 1969 when nobody even knew the name Newt Gingrich. So it's not like he found new fame and decided use his popularity to hunt down women like Clinton. As far as I know, the cheating didn't start until many years after the trouble began.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#19774 Aug 6, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you notice the correction to your article, which was added on December 27th?
"Update, Dec. 27: In fact, Newt Gingrich had already filed for divorce about two months before the September visit, and Battley was contesting the divorce."
Correct. Perhaps you missed this part, so I'll post it again:

"My mother and father were already in the process of getting a divorce, which she requested."

Here she is making reference to that hospital room visit. Again, the divorce was in the process by her mothers request. And then there is this:

Update, Dec. 27: The court papers made public by CNN reveal that at the time of the hospital visit Battley was seeking alimony, support, custody of the children and legal fees. She got them all.

It appears her reluctance to the divorce was not that she didn't want one, but that she was unhappy with the settlement which is very typical in divorce cases.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#19775 Aug 6, 2013
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>But the fact still remains that Newt wasted over $14 million on a witch hunt that that led to the impeachment fiasco, all the while having an affair during it.
The impeachment was not because Clinton was having an affair, it was because he lied about making a pass at Paula Jones. Jones sued Clinton which he agreed to pay her off, but she also wanted an apology for the things his minions said about her in public, and Clinton was too proud to make that apology. That's where Monica came into the picture. They were trying to prove that it's very Clinton like to take advantage of his female underlings. When he lied about Monica in court, that's where he screwed up and that's why he was impeached--not because he was fooling around.
Pops

Newport, KY

#19776 Aug 6, 2013
Scandalbot wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't lied about anything. You get caught lying often. I base my logic on the years I worked for Newt Gingrich. You base your mouth on emailed Tea Bagger newsletters.
I never said that you lied. I did not lie & I would not be lying unless I said that you were a lucid thinking person, which I would not do.
I do not subscribe to any "Tea Bagger E-mail(s)"either. Another example of your meanness & lack of comprehension while making a baseless assumption.
Oh, Your claim to having logic is a delusion on your part. In fact I am about to bend one of my rules while informing you that you are a true putz. And that is not a lie either.
Pops

Newport, KY

#19777 Aug 6, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
You meant John Edwards.
Remember that clown running for VP under our current joke of Secretary of state?
America flushed those John's, but gave John Sr. a parting glory reign.
The guy who fathered a love baby while his wife raised his other children while having chemo then dying.
The traditional values are nowhere in the Democratic party, and fleeing the GOP as well.
Do you find it interesting as to how <someone> judged Cantons post that you commented on? Now that's interesting!
Pops

Newport, KY

#19778 Aug 6, 2013
Scandalbot wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed, but then Clinton was just being a dog, where Newt tried to set himself up as a pillar of what traditional family values should be. Also, did you know that the Koch brother oil billionaires had a direct hand in penning The Contract with America?
For once I agree with something that you have alluded to. That being that politicians can all to often be bought. Money does buy influence/favors.
It's a shame that SCOTUS has time after time ruled 1st amendment rights concerning 'political contributions' & increased what I call Graft even tho there are other more legitimate names.
Sadly, SCOTUS has made much of it legal & every party takes advantage of it.
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#19779 Aug 6, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The Contract With America was one of the best legislations ever written in our lifetime.
Here's what the Cato Institute said about the Contract, back in 2000:

"Over the past three years the Republican-controlled Congress has approved discretionary spending that exceeded Bill Clinton’s requests by more than $30 billion. The party that in 1994 would abolish the Department of Education now brags in response to Clinton’s 2000 State of the Union Address that it is outspending the White House when it comes to education. My colleagues Stephen Moore and Stephen Slivinski found that the combined budgets of the 95 major programs that the Contract with America promised to eliminate have increased by 13%."

The whole article is worth reading.

http://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/m...
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#19780 Aug 6, 2013
Also interesting is this Rolling Stone article, which sees the Contract as a VERY successful political appeal to the folks that had voted for third party candidate Ross Perot:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/blogs/na...
BigfootScandals

Canton, OH

#19782 Aug 7, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The impeachment was not because Clinton was having an affair, it was because he lied about making a pass at Paula Jones. Jones sued Clinton which he agreed to pay her off, but she also wanted an apology for the things his minions said about her in public, and Clinton was too proud to make that apology. That's where Monica came into the picture. They were trying to prove that it's very Clinton like to take advantage of his female underlings. When he lied about Monica in court, that's where he screwed up and that's why he was impeached--not because he was fooling around.
Seeing how I made 10K more a year under Clinton, than I did under Bush, I kinda wish GW would have banged a fat chick also. Instead he went with an unfounded war and unpaid for Medicare.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#19783 Aug 7, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's what the Cato Institute said about the Contract, back in 2000:
"Over the past three years the Republican-controlled Congress has approved discretionary spending that exceeded Bill Clinton’s requests by more than $30 billion. The party that in 1994 would abolish the Department of Education now brags in response to Clinton’s 2000 State of the Union Address that it is outspending the White House when it comes to education. My colleagues Stephen Moore and Stephen Slivinski found that the combined budgets of the 95 major programs that the Contract with America promised to eliminate have increased by 13%."
The whole article is worth reading.
http://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/m...
Rule #1:When a Republican is in the oval office we spend like drunken sailors on shore leave. Tax cuts! unfunded, off budget wars of choice! bloated new bureaucracies! expensive new entitlements structured to give money away to favored donors.

Rule #2:When a Democrat is in the oval office,it's time for super duper austerity. All poor people are lazy, worthless freeloaders and moochers who don't deserve any help from government. All rich people are noble and selfless job creators,even when they're not, so we need to coddle them with more tax cuts.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#19784 Aug 7, 2013
BigfootScandals wrote:
<quoted text>
Seeing how I made 10K more a year under Clinton, than I did under Bush, I kinda wish GW would have banged a fat chick also. Instead he went with an unfounded war and unpaid for Medicare.
you made 10K less, because your employer discovered your real worth.

your childish rant of excuses did nothing but highlight your failures.

go crawl back under your rock.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#19785 Aug 7, 2013
Kasich
NationalEnquirer Scandals

Canton, OH

#19786 Aug 7, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
you made 10K less, because your employer discovered your real worth.
your childish rant of excuses did nothing but highlight your failures.
go crawl back under your rock.
Childish, you say? To this, may I respond with a direct quote from the brilliance that can only be Reality Speaks...

"your dance is the poopie dance when diarrhea is sure to mess your pants"

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/laurelville-o...

Post #15451

Now silence, you inbred retarded little chimp of a man.

Canton, OH

#19787 Aug 7, 2013
Peek your little tinfoil hat wearing head out that hole again, little bunny.

Canton, OH

#19788 Aug 7, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Do you find it interesting as to how <someone> judged Cantons post that you commented on? Now that's interesting!
Yah, those judge icons are really the cat's pajamas. They've got real moxie, I tell you.

Pappy still drooling over shiny things? Go punch your clown to the Golden Girls. You had your big day in the sun. America is still digging itself out of it.
transloader

Lakeview, OH

#19789 Aug 7, 2013
I can tell you I'm a registered Rep. I voted for McCain in 08 and Romney in 2012. I did vote for Kasich this last time. However he did something that really "grinded my gears" my parents are in their 70's both retired. Both played by the rules, as many of you know if you live on a piece of property you own and over 65 years old you get approx. 400 dollars credit the state government "eats". My parents got a notice in the mail for 2014 they are ending that. So the first time in a LONGGGGGGGGG time more than likely I'll be going Democrat. Kasich has the money to expand our Medicaid program but he doesn't have money to keep the programs we got. Yeah that's real fair Mr. Gov.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#19790 Aug 7, 2013
BigfootScandals wrote:
<quoted text>
I see. So Clinton was responsible for you making 10K more than you did under Bush? Please explain how Clinton did that.

I know I would be making more today, but because of all the pollution gadgets in these trucks that make them nearly unaffordable, my employer can't give out raises. Add to that the increased costs of our healthcare insurance thanks to DumBama, and who knows if I'll ever see a raise again?

Then of course we have our utilities that are predicted to drain our wallets. DumBama closed down many coal fired power plants, and that's going to usher in higher energy costs because the ones he left open have to invest millions of dollars for cleaner electricity. Our water and sewer costs are predicted to increase each year for the next couple of years thanks to federal regulations.

It's a good thing some of those additional expenses are offset by lower natural gas prices thanks to fracking. That would be fine, except it's predicted that the next decade will be much colder than it has been in the past because global warming is officially over.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/article/2533902
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#19791 Aug 7, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I see. So Clinton was responsible for you making 10K more than you did under Bush? Please explain how Clinton did that.
It's easy to forget now, but the late 90s was the time of the tech boom. Certain technical skills were suddenly worth a lot of money. Ever upward stock prices were a source of daily happiness. Lots of folks were feeling very flush, and the idea of ditching fixed benefit pensions in favor of a pension tied to personal investments sounded like a pretty good bet.

After a brutal stock market correction, followed by a decade of a flat growth, that fixed benefit pension is now a fading standard, which everyone still remembers and desires, but very few achieve.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westlake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bed bugs Sep 25 concerned bulldog 1
Man charged in Cleveland rape is now suspect in... Sep 25 Serve Justice 1
Voices From The Dark Descend on Lakewood to Des... Sep 23 Culture Auditor 1
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Sep 19 Vic 231
April Marie Tinsley Case and Amy Renee Mihalije... Sep 15 Advanced Technology 5
Cut screen interpreted as attempted break in: O... Sep 14 BLB 1
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Sep 13 They cannot kill ... 191

Westlake Jobs

Westlake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Westlake News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Westlake

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]