Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#18706 May 5, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
And 59 precincts in Philly?
It's the same story, just a different location:

"Obama's dominance was mostly confined to largely African-American areas of West and North Philadelphia. In the third division of Philadelphia's 28th Ward, for example, 94 percent of the residents are black, and the 2010 census recorded only seven white residents. Voter registration lists showed only 12 registered Republicans in the division, none of whom voted for Romney or responded to the Inquirer's requests for comment."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57548626/...
Thomas Scutillo

Manchester, OH

#18707 May 5, 2013
(+_+) duh....
no stupid

United States

#18708 May 5, 2013
hey dumbass wrote:
Corp tax being at 35% is amongst the highest on the planet first of all.
Set it at ZERO and offer tax amnesty to the 18 trillion outstanding untaxed dollars held offshore and corps would flock here even from China no matter what the labor cost is.
Big companies enjoy a huge buffet of credits, shelters, deductions, and other preferences that reduce their rate to an average of 13 percent. Many profitable companies pay no federal income tax at all. Regardless of our nominal rate, our real corporate tax rate is among the lowest. Further cuts cannot stimulate growth.
no stupid

United States

#18709 May 5, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>IF a company were to file for bankruptcy in U.S. federal court, it affects ONLY domestic debt & assets since the U.S. wouldn't have jurisdiction in other countries.
It can be a way for a company to shift assets off shore & protect it. Fair? Ethical? you decide.
I guess it would depend on the countries you do business in. There is a standard that should be set so innocent people aren't exploited. In the case of china I would say its unethical and a tax is fair. Unless you think asian people should have a lower standard of living than us, and just provide us with cheap goods. But with no manufacturing jobs in the states that are economically viable in todays worldwide economy this will leave a large portion of our population out of work.
d pants

United States

#18710 May 5, 2013
Sorry pops I'm stupid and forgot to change my screen name back.
d pants

United States

#18711 May 5, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's not about the lowest. As for your average, we can't use average because all companies and businesses are treated differently when it comes to taxation.
Some companies do pay nothing in taxes while others pay 35%. It's all a matter of who you know in Washington and what kind of industry you're in.
This is why there needs to be a flat corporation tax. No business is going to come here if (with their breaks) they are going to pay 35%.
Tax breaks do work. That's why when cities are competing for a certain company to open up or move their business to their city, the very first thing on the table is tax abatements.
no there should just be a flat tax period. Not a "flat corporation tax". Most of them aren't even based in america.
" The problem with the corporate tax code is not what many think. Frankly, we can change the nominal tax rate to practically anything. It doesn't matter since hardly any corporations pay the nominal rate. What matters is this: Bring up the real tax rate (what companies actually pay) to support needed investments in productivity and competitiveness. Stop penalizing small business. And, end the gimmicks and loopholes that encourage investment in damaging business practices and obsolete industries."
Thomas Scutillo

Lima, OH

#18712 May 5, 2013
for someone who can't run the WHOLE STATE OF OHIO but wants the WHOLE Gamut - of money....sounds sneaky
Thomas Scutillo

Lima, OH

#18713 May 5, 2013
maybe you going to leave the one room school houses in place and build more courts and jails with THAT money
Thomas Scutillo

Lima, OH

#18714 May 5, 2013
got a big displacement PROBLEM thanks to government greed now,
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#18715 May 5, 2013
d pants wrote:
<quoted text> no there should just be a flat tax period. Not a "flat corporation tax". Most of them aren't even based in america.
" The problem with the corporate tax code is not what many think. Frankly, we can change the nominal tax rate to practically anything. It doesn't matter since hardly any corporations pay the nominal rate. What matters is this: Bring up the real tax rate (what companies actually pay) to support needed investments in productivity and competitiveness. Stop penalizing small business. And, end the gimmicks and loopholes that encourage investment in damaging business practices and obsolete industries."
Here is a pretty good article in my Taxes folder I think you should read. If you don't have time, I'll just paste the highlights of it:

Reforming the corporate tax code is the ultimate fix for the economy, Republican budget committee chairman Paul Ryan told CNBC on Friday morning. U.S. publicly traded companies pay more than their counterparts in most of Western Europe and more than China and Brazil, both at 25%; more than Russia’s 20% and India’s 33.9% statutory tax rate, according to RSM McGladrey, Inc., a tax consultancy. Within the advanced economies, the U.S. rate is one of the highest. But there’s a caveat.

Scholars have long documented that multinationals are adept at arranging their affairs to undo differences in taxation across countries. By shifting income from high-tax to low-tax countries through transfer pricing, using hybrid entities that are treated as corporations in some countries and flow-through entities in others, stripping profits from high-tax countries through intracompany financing, repatriating under favorable tax conditions, and other tax avoidance mechanisms, multinationals mitigate the impact of being headquartered in a high-tax state. Google’s famous rerouting its offshore rights to intellectual property through two Irish subsidiaries, a Dutch subsidiary, and a Bermuda entity, lowered its total tax rate on foreign profits to just 2.4%, saving $3.1 billion over the last three years, Bloomberg reported last year.

When it comes to the effective rate, U.S. corporate tax burdens are not the highest in the advanced economies within the Organization of Economic Cooperation and Development, or OECD. But it is also not the lowest.

The average effective federal tax rate is 28% for publicly traded C corporations, according to tax consultants at BDO in New York, and less for smaller businesses with revenues under $10 million that file as S-corporations, partnerships or as sole proprietors, according to the U.S. Small Business Administration.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2011/09...

Now using that average (even though there really is no average) corporations still pay 28% in federal taxes. I think that's very discouraging given the fact our neighbors in Canada are about half of that rate.
GBA

Saint Marys, OH

#18716 May 5, 2013
no stupid wrote:
<quoted text> Big companies enjoy a huge buffet of credits, shelters, deductions, and other preferences that reduce their rate to an average of 13 percent. Many profitable companies pay no federal income tax at all. Regardless of our nominal rate, our real corporate tax rate is among the lowest. Further cuts cannot stimulate growth.
U-R-Stupid, don't you know that you cannot tax corporations? They are going to pass through any up in costs against profit they can. That could be a tax increase, cost of meeting a new regulation, or even an increase in fuel costs. I guess you think that the government boys don't know that, eh? They sure do, and when they want to tax you and everybody else they tax companies and/or put out new regulations. It's coming out of your pocket and you gather and sing, "Oh thank you Obama for bringing that big bad company to its knees and making them pay". Please stay a liberal, we have enough dumb Republicans as it is.
wrong again stupid

United States

#18719 May 6, 2013
Hey Dumbass wrote:
Yeah just tax those corps right on to China cause God knows Americans don't need decent paying jobs.
we don't tax them away,and even if we lowered the nominal rate, they would choose the cheap labor anyway. That's what they focus on, profit not peoples standard of living. http://m.youtube.com/#/watch...
d pantz

United States

#18720 May 6, 2013
http://www.ourfuture.org/blog-entry/201003090...
I really think this has more to do with the sneaky trade deals going on through trade pacts than a corporate tax rate!
ToddlerInTheBibl eBunker

Canton, OH

#18721 May 6, 2013
Dirty Rotten Marxist Dem wrote:
Our fair country only took in 3 TRILLION dollars in tax revenue.
How can we EVER balance a budget on ONLY 3 TRILLION????
That's only 3, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000 dollars.
We want MORE MORE MORE!
And Bush's war was FREE FREE FREE!
tylee

Lodi, OH

#18722 May 6, 2013
wrong again stupid wrote:
<quoted text>we don't tax them away,and even if we lowered the nominal rate, they would choose the cheap labor anyway. That's what they focus on, profit not peoples standard of living. http://m.youtube.com/#/watch...
dumphuk
Thank Bubba blowwjobblue dress for nafta and gatt. And Tommy Sawyer who was the swing vote.
These fine upstanding cityzens gave us the state of our economy
Thomas Scutilo

Yorba Linda, CA

#18723 May 6, 2013
tommy "boy"
sawyer is still on the Governmet Teat- working for the State of ohio....what a JOKE!
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#18724 May 6, 2013
wrong again stupid wrote:
<quoted text>we don't tax them away,and even if we lowered the nominal rate, they would choose the cheap labor anyway. That's what they focus on, profit not peoples standard of living. http://m.youtube.com/#/watch...
Yes, that is what they focus on. What do you focus on when you work, how nice you look in the mirror?

Everybody does what they do for money. It's not just corporations, it's not just small companies, it's not just working individuals.

Companies do have one major consideration besides cheap labor, and that is producing their product close to where they sell that product. Most would be happy to produce and sell their products in the US. A lower and fairer tax base might make some of those companies want to produce in the US.
d pantz

United States

#18730 May 7, 2013
D
tylee wrote:
<quoted text>dumphuk
Thank Bubba blowwjobblue dress for nafta and gatt. And Tommy Sawyer who was the swing vote.
These fine upstanding cityzens gave us the state of our economy
I agree except for the dumphuk part. If you wanna throw down in fisticuffs, fine, I've got Jack Johnson and Tom O'Leary waitin' for ya...right here!
d pantz

United States

#18731 May 7, 2013
GBA wrote:
<quoted text>
U-R-Stupid, don't you know that you cannot tax corporations? They are going to pass through any up in costs against profit they can. That could be a tax increase, cost of meeting a new regulation, or even an increase in fuel costs. I guess you think that the government boys don't know that, eh? They sure do, and when they want to tax you and everybody else they tax companies and/or put out new regulations. It's coming out of your pocket and you gather and sing, "Oh thank you Obama for bringing that big bad company to its knees and making them pay". Please stay a liberal, we have enough dumb Republicans as it is.
what? Read all the posts in reverse and quit making an ass out of yourself.
d pantz

United States

#18734 May 7, 2013
GBA wrote:
<quoted text>
well if our market were so great maybe I could agree with that ,but its a world market and the us dollar is getting ditched by foreign markets for gold.
What they do (corporations) is buy out the competition (if it is not taxed out of existance) and ship all the labor out of this country. Maybe hire somebody here in the states at ten dollars an hour to put a bolt and nut in and a sticker on a product that lies to us reading "made in america", and we buy it a few cents cheaper when it costed 5 dollars less to make.
Corporations exploit whoever and whatever they can for profit, the truth is they can charge what ever the want when there is only limited competition that is shackled by a bought and sold government.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westlake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Disabled people can't use Olmsted Falls library (Feb '11) Mon Helen8809 5
North Ridgeville Internet Providers (Nov '07) Nov 7 MaryEllen Minter 5
Items (Oct '11) Nov 1 Kim 2
Trick or treating Nov 1 Jessica 1
republicans take the senate and america gets be... Oct '14 tommorrow 1
Obituaries 10/26/11 (Nov '11) Oct '14 Roger and Terri 42
Pandrangi Tower will open soon at Southwest Gen... Oct '14 Ivieivy 1
Westlake Dating
Find my Match

Westlake People Search