Slumlord Weather Expert

Van Wert, OH

#33125 Saturday Aug 23
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say no liberals have a job. I said that no liberals on Topix seem to have a job.
Yeah, because if someone works different hours than you do, AND they have the audacity to disagree with a racist, chain smoking paperboy on Topix, they're obviously an unemployed liberal. Right???
Slumlord Weather Expert

Van Wert, OH

#33126 Saturday Aug 23
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>That's because we weren't private school educated delivery boys working at a small family owned distribution company.
We'll just need to get a list of approved work hours from the diabetic pack mule, since he obviously knows what's best for everyone. After all, I don't want my schedule to interfere with a racist trucker's preconceived notion of reality...
They cannot kill a Spook

Detroit, MI

#33127 Saturday Aug 23
Slumlord Weather Expert wrote:
<quoted text>We'll just need to get a list of approved work hours from the diabetic pack mule, since he obviously knows what's best for everyone. After all, I don't want my schedule to interfere with a racist trucker's preconceived notion of reality...
Racist trucker? You mean Eric Holder is delivering loads of firearms himself to mexican drug gangs? What is he driving an old ford with a an automatic transmission out of a 1979 school bus so as not to attarct attention in the Southwest?
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#33128 Saturday Aug 23
Slumlord Weather Expert wrote:
<quoted text>We'll just need to get a list of approved work hours from the diabetic pack mule, since he obviously knows what's best for everyone. After all, I don't want my schedule to interfere with a racist trucker's preconceived notion of reality...
Awww. Now isn't that sweet? The trolls are ganging up together.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#33129 Sunday Aug 24
Here's an interesting article:

"The American middle class, long the most affluent in the world, has lost that distinction.

While the wealthiest Americans are outpacing many of their global peers, a New York Times analysis shows that across the lower- and middle-income tiers, citizens of other advanced countries have received considerably larger raises over the last three decades."

"The findings are striking because the most commonly cited economic statistics — such as per capita gross domestic product — continue to show that the United States has maintained its lead as the world’s richest large country. But those numbers are averages, which do not capture the distribution of income. With a big share of recent income gains in this country flowing to a relatively small slice of high-earning households, most Americans are not keeping pace with their counterparts around the world.

“The idea that the median American has so much more income than the middle class in all other parts of the world is not true these days,” said Lawrence Katz, a Harvard economist who is not associated with LIS.“In 1960, we were massively richer than anyone else. In 1980, we were richer. In the 1990s, we were still richer.”

That is no longer the case, Professor Katz added."

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/23/upshot/the-...
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#33130 Sunday Aug 24
One.......two......three...... Thanks Obama! The hope and change we've been looking for.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#33131 Sunday Aug 24
xxxrayted wrote:
One.......two......three...... Thanks Obama! The hope and change we've been looking for.
And again you show a serious lack of math and comprehension skills you have from that "private education". It's obvious that article and ALL of the other facts shown to you have been "WAY" over that little pea-brained head. Keep on "VAN-IN" and slobbering over Limpdick.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#33132 Sunday Aug 24
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>And again you show a serious lack of math and comprehension skills you have from that "private education". It's obvious that article and ALL of the other facts shown to you have been "WAY" over that little pea-brained head. Keep on "VAN-IN" and slobbering over Limpdick.
Let's try some math and comprehension that even you can follow Boy Toy: THE RICH HAVE NEVER GOTTEN RICHER THAN UNDER DUMBAMA!!!!
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Seville, OH

#33133 Sunday Aug 24
Old Guy wrote:
Here's an interesting article:
"The American middle class, long the most affluent in the world, has lost that distinction.
While the wealthiest Americans are outpacing many of their global peers, a New York Times analysis shows that across the lower- and middle-income tiers, citizens of other advanced countries have received considerably larger raises over the last three decades."
"The findings are striking because the most commonly cited economic statistics — such as per capita gross domestic product — continue to show that the United States has maintained its lead as the world’s richest large country. But those numbers are averages, which do not capture the distribution of income. With a big share of recent income gains in this country flowing to a relatively small slice of high-earning households, most Americans are not keeping pace with their counterparts around the world.
“The idea that the median American has so much more income than the middle class in all other parts of the world is not true these days,” said Lawrence Katz, a Harvard economist who is not associated with LIS.“In 1960, we were massively richer than anyone else. In 1980, we were richer. In the 1990s, we were still richer.”
That is no longer the case, Professor Katz added."
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/23/upshot/the-...
That's because taxes on the wealthiest Americans and corporations are too high, there is too much regulation on industry and the minimum wage is too high, right?
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Seville, OH

#33134 Sunday Aug 24
xxxrayted wrote:
Explain to all of us non-truck drivers how President Obama is responsible for the rich getting richer and the middle class being driven into the ground.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Seville, OH

#33135 Sunday Aug 24
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's try some math and comprehension that even you can follow Boy Toy: THE RICH HAVE NEVER GOTTEN RICHER THAN UNDER DUMBAMA!!!!
And I have never had a better winning percentage on my fantasy football team than under Obama either. Do you think he is responsible for that?
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#33136 Sunday Aug 24
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain to all of us non-truck drivers how President Obama is responsible for the rich getting richer and the middle class being driven into the ground.
Okay, but just for you non-truck drivers.

All that federal money being pumped into the stock market is creating a bubble no different than the housing or tech bubble. Like all bubbles, it's going go burst. Until it does, the wealthy are enjoying the free ride since the market is just about the best place to put money, especially when you consider the interest rate.

The economy is still in a slump even after five years of DumBama. Median income is down several thousand dollars per family since he took over. This is your typical supply and demand scenario. More workers than there is work. This gives employers the leverage they need to maintain lower rates of pay. If DumBama can somehow give amnesty to all these illegals here, it will lower pay even more.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#33137 Sunday Aug 24
<quoted text>
because of Liberalism as it is known today which encourages people to live on the dole.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#33138 Sunday Aug 24
<quoted text>
And I have never had a better winning percentage on my fantasy football team than under Obama either. Do you think he is responsible for that?
My ping pong game is better than ever. My forehand serve has so much topspin on it that it is often unreturnable.

Thanks, Obama.

woof

Location hidden

#33139 Sunday Aug 24
<quoted text>
This people in this article want to know where this recovery that Obama and the Liberal Democrats keep talking about.

Unemployed take their case to Fed officials at Jackson Hole

JACKSON HOLE Wyo. Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:25pm EDT

(Reuters)- Reginald Rounds was among those present at the Federal Reserve's high-flying monetary conference here, enjoying the chance to button hole two top officials of the U.S. central bank.

The St. Louis resident is neither an economist nor a central banker. He's a 57-year-old unemployed worker, who said he is trained in the green technology field and can't find a job.

He was among a group of activists who gathered on the sidelines of the Fed's annual symposium wearing green t-shirts with "What Recovery?" on the front and a chart depicting sluggish U.S. wage growth on the back.

"From the world where I reside, there is no recovery. We need a boost. We need a jump start," said Rounds. "The key is jobs creation."

The ten activists, most of whom were unemployed and seeking jobs, were sent as emissaries for a coalition of advocacy groups that has launched an unusual campaign from the left to press the U.S. central bank to keep monetary policy easy.

The coalition, consisting of more than 70 organizations, released an open letter to Fed officials earlier this week urging them to hold off on interest rate hikes until wages were rising more swiftly.

While small in number, the activists managed to get a great deal of face time with senior officials. On Thursday, they spoke with the host of the conference, Kansas City Federal Reserve Bank President Esther George, for two hours.

On Friday, Fed Vice Chairman Stanley Fischer stepped out of the conference to spend ten minutes to listen to their plight.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/08/23/us-...
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#33140 Sunday Aug 24
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
All that federal money being pumped into the stock market is creating a bubble no different than the housing or tech bubble. Like all bubbles, it's going go burst. Until it does, the wealthy are enjoying the free ride since the market is just about the best place to put money, especially when you consider the interest rate.
The economy is still in a slump even after five years of DumBama. Median income is down several thousand dollars per family since he took over. This is your typical supply and demand scenario. More workers than there is work. This gives employers the leverage they need to maintain lower rates of pay. If DumBama can somehow give amnesty to all these illegals here, it will lower pay even more.
Ummmm, did Obama sign NAFTA?

woof

Location hidden

#33141 Sunday Aug 24
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummmm, did Obama sign NAFTA?
woof
Liberal Democrat Bill Clinton did and also gave China Most-Favored-Nation Trade Status too in 1993.

Statement on Most-Favored-Nation Trade Status for China
May 28, 1993

the American people won a tremendous victory as a majority of the House of Representatives joined me in adopting our plan to revitalize America's economic future.

Today Members of Congress have joined me to announce a new chapter in United States policy toward China.

I am happy to have with me today key congressional leaders on this issue. I am also honored to be joined by representatives of the business community and several distinguished Chinese student leaders. Their presence here is a tangible symbol of the unity of our purpose. I particularly want to recognize Senate Majority Leader George Mitchell of Maine and Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi of California. Their tireless dedication to the cause of freedom in China has given voice to our collective concerns. I intend to continue working closely with Congress as we pursue our China policy.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/...

President Bill Clinton - Remarks on the Signing of NAFTA

Bill Clinton signs NAFTA into law -- December 8, 1993

https://www.youtube.com/watch...
John boner

Hinckley, OH

#33142 Sunday Aug 24
I support john boner her gets my vote because I like his name.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Seville, OH

#33143 Sunday Aug 24
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't really explain what Obama has done to create this wealth disparity. But let's assume it is because of "federal money being pumped into the stock market." What should the President be doing to address the wealth disparity?
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Seville, OH

#33144 Sunday Aug 24
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>because of Liberalism as it is known today which encourages people to live on the dole.
So you believe that by proposing an increase in the minimum wage, proposing infrastructure repair legislation that would put people to work, proposing childcare assistance that would help people go to work, etc., President Obama is encouraging people to "live on the dole"? Interesting. I would love to read the policy statement or quote from the White House that says, "The American people need to quit their jobs and get on the dole." You are the King of cut and paste. You got it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westlake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Fri Vic 231
April Marie Tinsley Case and Amy Renee Mihalije... Sep 15 Advanced Technology 5
Cut screen interpreted as attempted break in: O... Sep 14 BLB 1
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Sep 13 They cannot kill ... 191
'Amy Mihaljevic' author draws 100 (May '07) Sep 11 Advanced Technology 4
Urine bucket challenge, Shermanfest reaction, w... Sep 8 Old school justice 2
FitzGerald says there was nothing improper in 2... Aug '14 mike 2
•••
•••
•••

Westlake Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Westlake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE