Who do you support for Governor in Oh...
hellenredman

Pittsburgh, PA

#32936 Aug 17, 2014
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#32937 Aug 17, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot forget that the poor have a higher high school dropout rate as well. I'm not sure, but I thought that you had to be at least be a high school graduate to join the military.
I didn't get to Old Guys links yet because I'm kind of busy today, but this one shows that it's not the rich or the poor that join our military. It's pretty much middle-class America serving our country, and we do have volunteers from families that do pretty well in life.
Good point. From my experience, need for a HS diploma is a little flexible. IF a military branch has their quota, a diploma would be required. IF they haven't achieved their needed numbers it can be waived. The recruiter will inquire as to why you didn't get a diploma & proceed from there. Family hardship, personal behavior or whatever.
Our military is getting more technical every year so a diploma is a starting point.
It is a 'mixed bag' Recruits do take the ASFAB test which carries a lot of weight since it is geared a lot towards military needs/occupations. That test can seperate those that were advanced through demanding schools & did not graduate & not so demanding schools where anyone can graduate. The process can be judgmental at many points.
All of the advancements in equipment, gear & weapons does increase our defense budget but it is saving American & ally lives while taking enemy lives. Sadly, that is a goal of warfare. It's difficult to put a value on that.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#32938 Aug 17, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet Pops claims it was Obama that divided this nation.
You really are a troll & a tool. Your comment has no connection to previous posts as you think that they do. Except maybe in your own mind.
You are nearly unique.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#32939 Aug 17, 2014
Canton wrote:
Here's Jerry Falwell blaming Liberals and gays for 9/11. He's the guy who GW Bush often looked to for advice. Divide the nation much? Hey Pops, be sure to blame Obama.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =MK_hYsCkDH4XX
A lot of people looked to Falwell for advice. As with Jackson, Billy Graham, & others. The point is how they acted on such advice. NOT who they solicited for advice. Especially since NONE of us were privy to those countless conversations with numerous presidents, NOT just Bush II. Conversations by phone, snail nail, electronic media or in person.
You have no chance to know where or what was being inquired of or the objectives by either party, do you tool ?
You see what you WANT to see, you hear what you WANT to hear, you say/post what you WANT to post, you ASSUME what you WANT to assume, without concern to being even slightly objective or informed. troll
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#32940 Aug 17, 2014
Canton wrote:
Gee, Tea Baggers are not only hoarding assault weapons but are also hoarding ammo too? Shocking.
You know or should know that the vast number of private weapons are NOT assault weapons.
Ammo & weapons are like the chicken & the egg. A firearm without ammo is NOT a weapon. Without 1 there can not be the other. What's your tool non-point troll?
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#32941 Aug 17, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet Pops claims it was Obama that divided this nation.
You asked me to compare presidents. Agnew was never a president. Once again. you show that you are a tool, a very rusty tool. See how you twist things? Of course you don't.
Obama is still the most divisive president in my 12 president lifetime.
Canton

Canton, OH

#32942 Aug 17, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> You asked me to compare presidents. Agnew was never a president. Once again. you show that you are a tool, a very rusty tool. See how you twist things? Of course you don't.
So basically take all of your last several posts and realize that you have completely and once again misunderstood everything that has been said on this forum. You are like trying to explain a credit card to a retarded chimp. This is the part where you claim it was the Liberals that wanted credit cards for animals. Not the Conservatives. Then you'll toss in either a blatant lie, like you claiming I asked you to compare presidents, or you will be so baffled by common phrases that people will get sick of trying to explain it to you a hundred times and move on. It is most certainly bedtime for you, Bonzo.
Canton

Canton, OH

#32943 Aug 17, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> You know or should know that the vast number of private weapons are NOT assault weapons.
Ammo & weapons are like the chicken & the egg. A firearm without ammo is NOT a weapon. Without 1 there can not be the other. What's your tool non-point troll?
Right, now imagine how stupid a person would have to be to think the government could go door to door and take all those guns that they have no idea who or what people even own. All those handguns, rifles and shotguns passed down from father to son that are on no books anywhere. Imagine how paranoid and stupid you would have to be to think the government is coming for all those guns. As far as your blabbering about ammo, I'm about as scared as reloading my own rounds allows me to be. Not at all.
Canton

Canton, OH

#32944 Aug 17, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because we have a US Constitution and a Supreme Court to stop them thankfully.
But the point of these articles (and many more I have) is that Democrats all across the country ARE putting the fear of gun restrictions and ammo taxations into Americans. They are the people responsible for the overwhelming interest in firearms the past several years. In some places line New York, they already started.
So don't be so quick to criticize people about being worried of government making it harder to purchase guns or ammo. And if DumBama (or if Hillary follows him) are able to turn our Supreme Court into a liberal mecca, you're damn right they may be able to disarm Americans down the road.
Who is making money off of all these gun stories in the news? The Republican backed gun lobby and gun makers, that's who. Now blame the Democrats. I own guns but also find it hard to justify a citizen needing a 50 caliber sniper rifle. Ever see one? Tell me why anyone would need one...ever. That's really what any of the gun restrictions have ever been about. The kind of common sense that gun owners like me can understand, but gun hoarders flip out on some paranoid vision with. That whole "Clinton is going to take all our guns" thing was played out before and it amounted to basically a restriction on high capacity clips and modifications to flash suppressors. Need a 100 round clip for home protection? How about hiding your muzzle flash from the burglar climbing through the window on the otherside of the room? Need to conceal the flash from him, do we?
Canton

Canton, OH

#32945 Aug 17, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> You asked me to compare presidents. Agnew was never a president. Once again. you show that you are a tool, a very rusty tool. See how you twist things? Of course you don't.
So...you claimed I asked you to compare presidents. I did not. Then you make a comment about a link that I did not post. Then two insults, followed by you claiming that I twist things and ending with you implying that your comments are over my head.

Is that ironic to you? Do you see a problem with your perception of things?
Old Guy

Mason, OH

#32946 Aug 17, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> Good point. From my experience, need for a HS diploma is a little flexible. IF a military branch has their quota, a diploma would be required. IF they haven't achieved their needed numbers it can be waived. The recruiter will inquire as to why you didn't get a diploma & proceed from there. Family hardship, personal behavior or whatever.
Pops, this was true about 10 years ago, but there was a crackdown, and my understanding is that it's very rare now. Even if you have a GED or vocational training, it's very tough to get in the military. They want that diploma.

"For enlistment purposes, the military breaks education into three overall categories: Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3. The vast majority (over 90 percent) of all enlistments are from the Tier 1 category.

Tier I

Applicants in Tier I have a high school diploma, or at least 15 college credits. This means a high school diploma, not a GED. Depending on state law, completion of high school by home study may or may not be considered equivalent to a high school diploma.

Tier II

Tier II includes GEDs, home study (in some states), Certificate of Attendance, Alternative/Continuation High School, Correspondence School Diplomas, and Occupational Program Certificate (Vo/Tech). The services limit the number of Tier II candidates it will allow to enlist each year.

Tier III

Individuals who are not attending high school and are neither high school graduates nor alternative credential holders. The services almost never accept a Tier 3 candidate for enlistment.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joiningthemili...
Old Guy

Mason, OH

#32947 Aug 17, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> A lot of people looked to Falwell for advice.
Many conservative Republicans "looked to Falwell for advice" , but Falwell was never very popular with Democrats. His organization (Moral Majority) was a front for Republican political activity.

"The Moral Majority was promoted as being "pro-life", "pro-traditional family", "pro-moral" and "pro-American" and was credited with delivering two thirds of the white, evangelical Christian vote to Ronald Reagan during the 1980 presidential election. According to Jimmy Carter, "that autumn [1980] a group headed by Jerry Falwell purchased $10 million in commercials on southern radio and TV to brand me as a traitor to the South and no longer a Christian." During his time as head of the Moral Majority, Falwell consistently pushed for Republican candidates and for conservative politics. This led Billy Graham to criticize him for "sermonizing" about political issues that lacked a moral element, before adding, "We did not always agree on everything, but I knew him to be a man of God."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Falwell#Mo...
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>As with Jackson, Billy Graham, & others. The point is how they acted on such advice. NOT who they solicited for advice. Especially since NONE of us were privy to those countless conversations with numerous presidents, NOT just Bush II.
Billy Graham was different. He was received by members of both parties. We do know what he and Richard Nixon talked about, thanks to Nixon's taping system.

"A 1973 conversation between President Nixon and evangelist Billy Graham about Jews, laden with critical references including a Biblical verse on the "synagogue of Satan," has put the aging, frail Graham back in unwelcome headlines.

An earlier release of tapes in 2002 shocked fans of Graham, who is heard agreeing with Nixon as the president rails against liberal Jews' political activism and media clout. Graham tells Nixon how Jews befriend him but adds, "They don't know how I really feel about what they're doing to this country."

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/religion/...

I never felt the same about Billy Graham after those conversations were released.

Since: Aug 14

Ardsley, NY

#32948 Aug 17, 2014
I'm confused, I thought the topic was for governor for 2010?!
Even tho 2010 is well in the past lol
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#32950 Aug 18, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
So basically take all of your last several posts and realize that you have completely and once again misunderstood everything that has been said on this forum. You are like trying to explain a credit card to a retarded chimp. This is the part where you claim it was the Liberals that wanted credit cards for animals. Not the Conservatives. Then you'll toss in either a blatant lie, like you claiming I asked you to compare presidents, or you will be so baffled by common phrases that people will get sick of trying to explain it to you a hundred times and move on. It is most certainly bedtime for you, Bonzo.
And YOU are the chimp
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#32951 Aug 18, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
Show us in the Constitution where any government obligation is prioritized. Don't you think we have an obligation to only kill our volunteer army for really good reasons, or are they expendable for any whim? It's good to see you are still blissfully ignorant.
well…..the constitution only specifically names the military…..all your liberal progressive programs are not written in the constitution.

no list required.

your ability to think is again on display again, and you prove you can't again as usual.

job description……soldier?

Your's…..play checkers for 4 years and be entitled to free college degree.

Reality…..patriots who fight with their life for the country. A soldiers job is WAR, and to prevent them from occurring by overwhelming strength.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#32952 Aug 18, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
So...you claimed I asked you to compare presidents. I did not. Then you make a comment about a link that I did not post. Then two insults, followed by you claiming that I twist things and ending with you implying that your comments are over my head.
Is that ironic to you? Do you see a problem with your perception of things?
my perception of you is that you are an idiot.

a failed liberal whack job drunk ranting on the internet.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#32953 Aug 18, 2014
Alias Dave Mustaine wrote:
I'm confused, I thought the topic was for governor for 2010?!
Even tho 2010 is well in the past lol
the liberals are slow learners and have not figured it out yet that Strickland lost.

the rest of use toy with them for comedy relief.
woo-boy

Van Wert, OH

#32954 Aug 18, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because we have a US Constitution and a Supreme Court to stop them thankfully.
But the point of these articles (and many more I have) is that Democrats all across the country ARE putting the fear of gun restrictions and ammo taxations into Americans. They are the people responsible for the overwhelming interest in firearms the past several years. In some places line New York, they already started.
So don't be so quick to criticize people about being worried of government making it harder to purchase guns or ammo. And if DumBama (or if Hillary follows him) are able to turn our Supreme Court into a liberal mecca, you're damn right they may be able to disarm Americans down the road.
I'll help you out:
www.dailysquib.co.uk/world/9130-obama-cops-ne...
Canton

Canton, OH

#32955 Aug 18, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
my perception of you is that you are an idiot.
a failed liberal whack job drunk ranting on the internet.
Nobody was even talking to you, little sissy rich boy. My perception of you is yet another law enforcement/military want a be who has confused his parent's money with actually earning his way through life. Don't worry. Hillary's gonna teach you how to be a real man.
Canton

Canton, OH

#32956 Aug 18, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
the liberals are slow learners and have not figured it out yet that Strickland lost.
the rest of use toy with them for comedy relief.
...said the stammering scarecrow buffoon, followed by the entire nation pointing and laughing at his kookie little corporate sponsored fringe group of oil cult for Jesus flunkies. Although it is common for a president's approval rating to drop in his second term, what explains the huge drop in Americans willing to admit they are for the Tea Party? I mean besides the fact that the whole country views you as a bunch of racists?

Flush....Toodles.

Ahhh ha ha ha ha ha!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westlake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ward 1 Councilman David Tadych Could Be Feeling... 2 hr villageperson 2
News Dell Bethel, Renaissance man: North Ridgeville ... (Nov '08) Aug 15 Niki 7
News What's next for Mayor Debbie Sutherland, Bay Vi... Aug 9 justbnme 1
News Cupcake Wishes brings flavorful fun to Avon's F... (Aug '13) Aug 2 dapperme 2
News Happier Meal? McDonald's nixing some unpalatabl... Aug 2 Elise Gingerich 1
News Cleveland remains calm so far as police patrol ... Jul '16 They cannot kill ... 7
News 911 call about ISIS causes panic at Ohio hotel Jul '16 Maverick 808 3

Westlake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Westlake Mortgages