Canton

Canton, OH

#32658 Aug 12, 2014
If what is happening in Iraq is Obama's fault, then care to explain to us EXACTLY what "Mission Accomplished" was all about? Zing!
Canton

Canton, OH

#32659 Aug 12, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>You mean Obama's Foreign Policy folly everyone is talking about including Hillary Clinton.
And then suddenly it happened. Like magic, the life long right wing Conservative who could never really admit it sided with Hillary R. Clinton. So sayeth the flip. Thus sayeth the flop.
d pantz

United States

#32660 Aug 12, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
I know it was a long time ago, but George W. Bush was president when we invaded Iraq and created the anarchy that is currently there. If you don't remember, there are ready things you could look at that will confirm that.
And a bunch of democrats voted for it. Just sayn... it was a long time ago in case you forgot.
d pantz

United States

#32661 Aug 12, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
And then suddenly it happened. Like magic, the life long right wing Conservative who could never really admit it sided with Hillary R. Clinton. So sayeth the flip. Thus sayeth the flop.
You smoketh too much crack..
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#32662 Aug 12, 2014
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text>
And a bunch of democrats voted for it. Just sayn... it was a long time ago in case you forgot.
And that makes it Obama's fault how?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#32663 Aug 12, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously what it is your a Liberal Demcorat that has a problem with Hillary Clinton now with her flip flopping which is common especially for Liberal Democrats.

Clinton faults Obama for rise of ISIS

By Jesse Byrnes - 08/10/14 04:55 PM EDT

Foreign policy decisions under President Obama have allowed Islamic terrorists to gain a better footing in the Middle East, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said this week.

Clinton, a potential 2016 presidential contender, told The Atlantic in an interview published Sunday that the failure to build up Syrian rebels battling President Bashar Assad "left a big vacuum, which the jihadists have now filled."

Some have criticized Obama for not helping Syrian rebels early on in the rebellion in order to combat al Qaeda-inspired terrorist groups like the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS), which has since taken over large swaths of Iraq and Syria.

"It is striking, however, that you have more than 170,000 people dead in Syria. You have the vacuum that has been created by the relentless assault by Assad on his own population, an assault that has bred these extremist groups, the most well-known of which, ISIS ó or ISIL ó is now literally expanding its territory inside Syria and inside Iraq," Clinton said.

http://thehill.com/policy/international/21479...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#32664 Aug 12, 2014
<quoted text>
And that makes it Obama's fault how?
Obama says he opposed Iraq war from start

By John Whitesides, Political Correspondent

AMES, Iowa Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:31am EST

Clinton, now a war critic who has promised to end the conflict if she wins the White House, has been criticized by some Democrats for her 2002 Senate vote on authorization and for not renouncing the vote.

Edwards, the party's 2004 vice presidential nominee and a former senator from North Carolina, has called his vote in 2002 a mistake.

Obama was not in the Senate at the time of the vote but opposed the war from the start. He has proposed a phased withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq to be completed by the end of March 2008, and he told reporters he was uncertain how Clinton intended to end the conflict.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2007/02/12/us-...
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#32665 Aug 12, 2014
Canton wrote:
If what is happening in Iraq is Obama's fault, then care to explain to us EXACTLY what "Mission Accomplished" was all about? Zing!
Zing. Mission Accomplished was the mission that removed Saddam Hussein from power. Hussein was the leader of Iraq who was ultimately executed thanks to George W Bush.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#32666 Aug 12, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Since it's a common fact that Harvard educated presidents of the most powerful nation in the history of the human race are smarter than truck drivers, do you keep calling your president "Dumbama" because you are too stupid to spell it correctly? Considering that whole "I don't believe in science" thingy you got rolling, it's the only logical conclusion.
Hey everyone. Remember when we all used to call Bush "Mush"? Yah...me neither.
I'm sorry. From now on, I'll call him by his name: Hussein.

All the education in the world doesn't make you a smart person--especially when you do dumb things all the time. That's why I call him DumBama.....and the fact it eats away at you liberals. LOL!

A smart man doesn't get the economy going by taxing people that spend the most in this country. A smart man doesn't get the economy going by placing additional burdens on our job creators and additional taxes on their business. A smart man doesn't get the economy going by closing down businesses with new taxes and regulation.

A smart man doesn't put more money in the hands of people by making social programs more inviting. A smart man doesn't put more money in their hands by taxing them directly and indirectly.

A smart man doesn't pull our troops out of a country knowing full well that terrorists are dying for a break--any break to take over that country.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#32667 Aug 12, 2014
<quoted text>
I know it was a long time ago, but George W. Bush was president when we invaded Iraq and created the anarchy that is currently there. If you don't remember, there are ready things you could look at that will confirm that.
I know it was a very short time ago, but Iraq was under control and out of the hands of terrorists. I know it was a short time ago, but one of the few promises DumBama kept was pulling the troops out of Iraq. Now it's a terrorist hotbed and George Bush had nothing to do with it. Now they are trying to control Iraqi oil. What does oil mean? Oil means money, and what happens when you allow terrorists the ability to make a lot of money?

Thanks to DumBama, people in Iraq are being nailed to crosses just like Jesus Christ. Thanks to DumBama, women and children are being beheaded or buried half-alive in mass graves no different than what Hitler did to the Jews. And we owe it all to DumBama.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#32668 Aug 12, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Zing. Mission Accomplished was the mission that removed Saddam Hussein from power. Hussein was the leader of Iraq who was ultimately executed thanks to George W Bush.
And everything got all better, right?
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#32669 Aug 12, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I know it was a very short time ago, but Iraq was under control and out of the hands of terrorists. I know it was a short time ago, but one of the few promises DumBama kept was pulling the troops out of Iraq. Now it's a terrorist hotbed and George Bush had nothing to do with it. Now they are trying to control Iraqi oil. What does oil mean? Oil means money, and what happens when you allow terrorists the ability to make a lot of money?
Thanks to DumBama, people in Iraq are being nailed to crosses just like Jesus Christ. Thanks to DumBama, women and children are being beheaded or buried half-alive in mass graves no different than what Hitler did to the Jews. And we owe it all to DumBama.
Uh, it was out of the hands of "the terrorists" before we invaded them. None of this would be happening in Iraq now if Saddam Hussein was still in charge there. Essentially, what you are saying, is that we should have continued to occupy Iraq in perpetuity. Exactly how would you propose paying for that, fiscal conservative? The same way W. did? Borrow the money and keep it off the books? It is utterly insane to place the blame for what is happening in Iraq on President Obama.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#32670 Aug 12, 2014
<quoted text>
Uh, it was out of the hands of "the terrorists" before we invaded them. None of this would be happening in Iraq now if Saddam Hussein was still in charge there. Essentially, what you are saying, is that we should have continued to occupy Iraq in perpetuity. Exactly how would you propose paying for that, fiscal conservative? The same way W. did? Borrow the money and keep it off the books? It is utterly insane to place the blame for what is happening in Iraq on President Obama.
So it's okay to pizz away money on green energy and failed economic plans but not okay to occupy a country until it's ready to defend itself?

Oh all you compassionate liberals. Blame what happened to Iraq on Bush when Bush was President and blame DumBama for what is happening to Iraq today. Had Bush been President today, he would have never pulled all our troops out of Iraq in spite of his military advisors. A lot of money and lives lost there wasted only to have a buffoon to make it all in vain just to win a reelection.

For crying out loud, people are dying in the most inhumane way and all you can think about is how to defend your loser. 12 year old girls making their way across Mexico being raped and killed because your leader put out a Welcome To America sign.

I know the Democrat party is the party of irresponsibility, but perhaps just this once, put the responsibility where it rightfully belongs.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#32671 Aug 12, 2014
<quoted text>
About as good as our problems with terrorism after Bin Laden was executed.
Jerry K

Waverly, OH

#32672 Aug 12, 2014
The cost to occupy Iraq, hmmm. I would like the bean counters to show Americans an up to date cost figure for occupying Europe and Asia over the past 70 years. Then again maybe I don't want to know, it would only piss me off.
ino

Waverly, OH

#32673 Aug 12, 2014
Hillary got orders from headquarters ( Move On)

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10148689...
ino

Waverly, OH

#32674 Aug 12, 2014
Read the comments in the above comment. The Dems do not want or like Hillary.
d pantz

United States

#32675 Aug 12, 2014
<quoted text>
Nope and that was never the plan. Ask Hillary she'll tell you all about the new enemy in Iraq.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#32676 Aug 12, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>I found that story too from another link. I am sure of what I read, maybe last year when I was doing some other surfing.The link that I recently found could also be an opinion article & thusly refutable. So I am looking for the one that I based my assertion on. The one I read may have been in error or flattering of TJ but I am certain that I found it while researching TJ
But we still did not war with the Barbary Pirates until the 19 century & it was the U.S.'s 1st foreign war.
Give me a little time since I know that I didn't make it up, I don't do that. And I have a few chores in front of me tonight.
I don't think you made it up. This is a talk radio "meme", one that I believe originated with Michael Medved. You are carrying on the oral tradition, where someone tells you a story and you tell the story to someone else. It's a great way to learn things and spread the word.

But you always have to consider the source --- does the teller have some ax to grind? I don't want to read a history written by Rush Limbaugh or Mark Levin. You know that will be a thinly disguised political tract. I'd rather read a book by some unknown history nerd that will give me a lot of interesting details and let me draw my own conclusions.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#32677 Aug 12, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Blame what happened to Iraq on Bush when Bush was President...
Actually, I'm more inclined to blame Dick Cheney. But the buck stops with George. It was his ultimate decision.

"MR. TIM RUSSERT: In Iraq, six months ago, the war began with shock and awe. Vice President Dick Cheney appeared on MEET THE PRESS:

(Videotape, March 16):

VICE PRES. DICK CHENEY: My belief is we will, in fact, be greeted as liberators.

(End videotape)

MR. RUSSERT: Did the Bush administration misjudge the level of organized resistance, the number of American troops needed, the cost of securing Iraq, and the existence of weapons of mass destruction?"

"MR. RUSSERT: The Washington Post asked the American people about Saddam Hussein, and this is what they said: 69 percent said he was involved in the September 11 attacks. Are you surprised by that?

VICE PRES. CHENEY: No. I think itís not surprising that people make that connection.

MR. RUSSERT: But is there a connection?

VICE PRES. CHENEY: We donít know."

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/3080244/ns/meet_the...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westlake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
republicans take the senate and america gets be... Tue tommorrow 1
Obituaries 10/26/11 (Nov '11) Oct 18 Roger and Terri 42
Pandrangi Tower will open soon at Southwest Gen... Oct 15 Ivieivy 1
Wholesale Medical Marijuana supplier Oct 11 good stuff 1
bed bugs Sep 25 concerned bulldog 1
Man charged in Cleveland rape is now suspect in... Sep 25 Serve Justice 1
FitzGerald says there was nothing improper in 2... Aug '14 mike 2
Westlake Dating
Find my Match

Westlake Jobs