Who do you support for Governor in Oh...
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#31249 Jul 10, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
So, why can't you afford health insurance? Something doesn't add up here...
Like XXX said, the employer gets 'group rates' An individual does not. Insurance companies are making bank now with the ACA, more than before. Not that insurance companies didn't already make money. Their financial power clearly haelped the ACA bill to pass.
As we all know, money talks & B.S. walks.
Check out the ownership of the tallest/largest buildings in any medium to large city in this country. You will find the ownership to be (in no particular order) insurance companies, banks, & realestate holding companies owning the VAST majority of any & all of these buildings.
ino

Waverly, OH

#31250 Jul 10, 2014
Canton wrote:
Neat fact of the day. After all the claims and "scandals" have now been fact checked, it turns out, Obama has the cleanest administration in 34 years. Now let's all take a long hard look at all those statements about "Obama is the most scandalous liar in the history of blah blah blah". Turns out, all those scandals were just Tea Bagger conniving schemes and we were right all along when we said it was really all about you g Tea Baggers not liking black people. I think we have heard quite enough of the sour grapes of the racist losing team. Stock market is up. Unemployment down. Hero president takes out the number one terrorist in the world, brings our troops home form a needless Halliburton/Christian war and gave us all a tax break. Housing market coming back Consumer confidence rising. Malls that were empty ghost towns under GW Bush now packed with happy Americans spending money. 8 years of Hillary will get this country back on track, and continue to dig us out of this greedy hole the Tea Bagging Bible thumpers inflicted upon this nation.
http://www.factcheck.org/2014/ 07/obamas-numbers-july-2014-up date/
ino

Waverly, OH

#31251 Jul 10, 2014
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#31252 Jul 10, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> Like XXX said, the employer gets 'group rates' An individual does not. Insurance companies are making bank now with the ACA, more than before. Not that insurance companies didn't already make money. Their financial power clearly haelped the ACA bill to pass.
As we all know, money talks & B.S. walks.
Check out the ownership of the tallest/largest buildings in any medium to large city in this country. You will find the ownership to be (in no particular order) insurance companies, banks, & realestate holding companies owning the VAST majority of any & all of these buildings.
Which is the difference between insurance companies and government programs.

Government takes your money and invests it into nothing. Sort of like the proverbial money under the mattress.

Insurance companies take your money and make investments which profits offset the payouts of claims. While not a perfect system, at least there are no insurance companies that borrow money from China to pay these claims. They simply increase the price of their premiums.

But back to the point of my situation: how many working people do you know that have an extra $500.00 a month to play with after all their expenses are paid? Not many of us because most of us are in debt be it credit cards, mortgage, second mortgages, college loans, car payments and so on.

These looney libs that claim they are so financially independent are FOS. They can understand why some Americans don't get jobs instead of living off the government, but can't understand how good people (working Americans) can't come up with $500.00 or more for Commie Care.
Canton

Canton, OH

#31253 Jul 10, 2014
Reality speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
I get paid by the sale only, and receive nothing by the hour.
I can't help laughing at worthless chumps like you.
I closed a $2 million annual sale while fishing yesterday. 5% commission. Took a year, but it is final.
Go soak your head worthless lazy chump.
I plan on investing the entire commission check in land.
Sure you do. A Gajillion Zillion Kabillion.
Canton

Canton, OH

#31254 Jul 10, 2014
ino wrote:
http://www.factcheck.org/2014/ 07/obamas-numbers-july-2014-up date/
So after months of listening to Tea Baggers whine about poor people getting health insurance, you provide us with this? Boy, you showed me.

"57 percent who signed up for private insurance through exchanges had no coverage before. The poll also showed that the majority of those who signed up for individual policies — either through exchanges or directly with insurance companies — rate their Obamacare-compliant coverage as excellent or good, believe it is a good value for what they pay for it, and say they are satisfied with various aspects of their plans."

Hey XXXRayted. Tell us some more ghost stories about how Obamacare will be the end of the civilized world. Also, go ahead and put out that $3000 a year smoking habit and get yourself some health insurance, you leech on society.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#31255 Jul 10, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Really makes you wonder how the liberal mind works.
I mean, when I run across people that are doing better than I'm doing. It's an inspiration. I look at them as real Americans. They took chances many others would never dream of taking. They worked hard early in life so they didn't have to later on. I look up to such people.
Yes, hard work sometimes pays off. It's good to be financially secure in your old age.
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
These looney libs that claim they are so financially independent are FOS.
Wait a minute, I thought you found financial success inspiring...
ino

Waverly, OH

#31256 Jul 10, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
So after months of listening to Tea Baggers whine about poor people getting health insurance, you provide us with this? Boy, you showed me.
"57 percent who signed up for private insurance through exchanges had no coverage before. The poll also showed that the majority of those who signed up for individual policies — either through exchanges or directly with insurance companies — rate their Obamacare-compliant coverage as excellent or good, believe it is a good value for what they pay for it, and say they are satisfied with various aspects of their plans."
Hey XXXRayted. Tell us some more ghost stories about how Obamacare will be the end of the civilized world. Also, go ahead and put out that $3000 a year smoking habit and get yourself some health insurance, you leech on society.
Jobs

The economy as of June had gained just over 4.8 million jobs since Obama took office in January 2009. The unemployment rate has declined to 6.1 percent, which is 1.7 points lower than when he took office and 3.9 points lower than it was at its worst point during October 2009.

Since our last report, the economy has not only regained the 4.3 million jobs lost during Obama’s first 13 months in office, but also has regained the 4.4 million jobs lost during the 12 months before he entered the White House. Total employment now is at a record high — 415,000 jobs higher than the peak number reached before the great recession of 2007-2009.

Many without jobs continue to struggle, however. Despite improvements in recent months, the number of those who have been out of work for at least 27 weeks — the so-called long-term unemployed — is still more than 3 million, and 382,000 higher than when Obama took office. The average number of weeks that the unemployed have been without work also has continued to decline. But it is still 33.5 weeks — or 13.7 weeks longer than the average duration of joblessness for the month Obama entered the White House.
ino

Waverly, OH

#31257 Jul 10, 2014
Record Profits, Soaring Stocks

Meanwhile, corporate profits keep setting records. Even after taxes, corporate profits were running at an annual rate of more than $1.9 trillion in the January-March quarter of 2014, the most recent for which figures are available. That’s the highest on record — and an increase of 184 percent from the recession-wracked fourth quarter of 2008, just before the start of Obama’s tenure.

Corporate stocks also have been rising. As of the close of the market on July 2, the Standard & Poor’s 500 stock index was 145 percent higher than it was when Obama first took office.

Other market indicators also have soared. The Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 114 percent, and the NASDAQ Composite index had more than tripled, rising by 209 percent.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#31258 Jul 10, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it costs a lot of money to keep this place up. This is a long-term investment since SS may not be there for me, so at least for right now, I'm holding on to it.
Most of the rent I collect goes to current or past bills. But if I can stretch it out until my retirement, I may not be doing bad by then once the mortgages are paid off.
My income fluctuates year by year based on what I spend on repairs, improvements and loss of rent because of empty apartments. But the truth is, with my income from work, rental income and expenses, I get a tax refund from the feds every year and sometimes from the state as well.
The problems is everybody who looks at people like me that have something going thinks we are rolling in money. There is no truth to that. You can add up the rents all you like, but then start to deduct the losses, and it's an entirely different story.
That's Obama's fault too, right?
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#31259 Jul 10, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is the difference between insurance companies and government programs.
Government takes your money and invests it into nothing. Sort of like the proverbial money under the mattress.
Insurance companies take your money and make investments which profits offset the payouts of claims. While not a perfect system, at least there are no insurance companies that borrow money from China to pay these claims. They simply increase the price of their premiums.
But back to the point of my situation: how many working people do you know that have an extra $500.00 a month to play with after all their expenses are paid? Not many of us because most of us are in debt be it credit cards, mortgage, second mortgages, college loans, car payments and so on.
These looney libs that claim they are so financially independent are FOS. They can understand why some Americans don't get jobs instead of living off the government, but can't understand how good people (working Americans) can't come up with $500.00 or more for Commie Care.
Maybe you should quit crying and get another job. Isn't that what those rich people you admire so much would do?
Reality speaks

Cleveland, OH

#31260 Jul 11, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should quit crying and get another job. Isn't that what those rich people you admire so much would do?
When are you going to get a job and pay taxes like us normal people do?
Reality speaks

Cleveland, OH

#31261 Jul 11, 2014
ino wrote:
Record Profits, Soaring Stocks
Meanwhile, corporate profits keep setting records. Even after taxes, corporate profits were running at an annual rate of more than $1.9 trillion in the January-March quarter of 2014, the most recent for which figures are available. That’s the highest on record — and an increase of 184 percent from the recession-wracked fourth quarter of 2008, just before the start of Obama’s tenure.
Corporate stocks also have been rising. As of the close of the market on July 2, the Standard & Poor’s 500 stock index was 145 percent higher than it was when Obama first took office.
Other market indicators also have soared. The Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 114 percent, and the NASDAQ Composite index had more than tripled, rising by 209 percent.
And the devalued dollar is worth 20% less than 2008 dollar, and inflation is eating away at the family income that has shrank by $5000 annually under Obama.

This can be fact checked on governments web site.

Look it up yourself.
Reality speaks

Cleveland, OH

#31262 Jul 11, 2014
<quoted text>
You don't know the difference between poor, middle class, and rich.

Middle class starts when you receive zero government subsidies and actually pay federal income tax.

You have no class.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#31263 Jul 11, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are a Troll, and that's all you will ever be.
And I'll bet you blame those skidmark's in your skivies on Obama too. Your hero Rush does even though he promised to leave the country if the ACA passed. As always, he lied. Just like Hannity got waterboarded.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#31264 Jul 11, 2014
Reality speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
When are you going to get a job and pay taxes like us normal people do?
You are the one who doesn't pay taxes, Walter. Tell the truth.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#31265 Jul 11, 2014
Reality speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
Middle class starts when you receive zero government subsidies and actually pay federal income tax.
You have no class.
Your statement doesn't make sense. Your economic class doesn't depend on paying income tax.

If you are under 65, you have to file an income tax return if you make more than $10,000/year. That is definitely not middle class.

And there are those who are definitely "upper class" that pay no taxes:

"According to newly released data from the Internal Revenue Service, the number of tax filers with no federal income tax liability among those with an income of $200,000 or more has risen to more than 20,000, just over half of 1 percent of all those with an income over $200,000. In 2009, about four million returns listed such an income out of 140 million total returns."

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/06/05/...
Canton

Canton, OH

#31266 Jul 11, 2014
Reality speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no class.
I have never received any "subsidies". Now about those greedy corporations that keep leeching off of hard working American's pay checks, but then dodge their taxes when it comes time to pay into the infrastructure they use every day. How sickening. Sickening at the cost of $4000 to $6000 a year for middle class tax payers. Anyhoo.back to listening to you Tea Baggers cry about the $36 a year you have to pay for poor people to eat. How do you guys even live with yourselves? Wish just once you guys would have kept your word and moved out of the country.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#31267 Jul 11, 2014
<quoted text>
I already work two jobs. I think what we need to do is quit crying and get another President. It would sure be a better solution than Americans having to work two jobs, don't you think?
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#31268 Jul 11, 2014
<quoted text>
That's Obama's fault too, right?
Not him directly, but yes, liberal policies come to play.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westlake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Loud noise Jul 20 jay 4
Four car windows smashed: Brook Park police blo... Jul 20 kimberly 2
who is happy chad granger marks has moved out o... Jul 19 JustSaying 4
front yards are not storage areas (1895 Columbi... Jul 4 jpritchard 1
Harrell Faily - Open Door Jun 29 TFJC 2
News Police: 7 arrested for child sex crimes Jun '15 inwoodgang 1
Sam Sheppard Murder Case Jun '15 just wondering 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Westlake Mortgages