Who do you support for Governor in Oh...
Mike Lane

Newark, OH

#30725 Jun 28, 2014
Can't we get a good old guy like

Ted Kasick or John Strickland

Any one of the 2 has my vote. And they are good honest solid trustworthy ain't pullin the wool over your eyes kind of men!

A MANS MAN THAT HAS MY VOTE! and Judge Judy can't be Mayor....

UNLESS SHE RUNS WITH JUDGE WHOPPNER! And seein how he kicked the bucket some 20 years ago

I support fair legislation, free hot dog Sundays at the Zoo, free medical care for all shelter pets and an extra can of water in your 1 can soup.

Let's get these kasicks and Strickland's in or I'm watching Ludlow on Channel 6.

Oh crap!
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#30726 Jun 28, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder where he got that idea?
"According to the Congressional Research Service, President Ronald Reagan made 240 recess appointments, President George H. W. Bush made 77 recess appointments, President Bill Clinton made 139 recess appointments. President George W. Bush made 171 recess appointments, and as of January 5, 2012, President Barack Obama had made 32 recess appointments."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recess_appointme...
The real question was do very brief, pro forma sessions, where no business is conducted constitute being "in session"? The Supreme Court said "yes".
"The practical impact of the ruling over time “remains to be seen,” Justice Antonin Scalia said in a concurrence. Many experts say that if either house of Congress is controlled by the party opposed to the president, lawmakers can effectively block recess appointments by requiring pro forma sessions every three days. The Constitution says that each house must get the approval of the other chamber to adjourn for more than three days.
But Justice Scalia was skeptical, noting that the president had the constitutional power to set adjournments when the chambers disagreed."
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/27/us/supreme-...
Exectutive appointments are often legal but your links do not determine if any of these in or out of appointments are legal. I am curious about that
Old Guy

Mason, OH

#30727 Jun 28, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Exectutive appointments are often legal but your links do not determine if any of these in or out of appointments are legal. I am curious about that
Pops, the recess appointments are legal, and have been used since Washington's Presidency to fill important offices that became vacant when Congress was not in session. In recent years, Presidential recess appointments have been blocked by holding brief "pro forma" sessions (where no business is conducted) when Congress is otherwise in recess. Harry Reid did it to George Bush, blocking some of his recess appointments. Obama's Justice Department argued that these brief, no work sessions did not constitute being "in session". The Supreme Court said this week that that interpretation is wrong. So, the opposition party can legally block recess appointments, by making sure that Congress is never officially recessed.
figured out

United States

#30728 Jun 29, 2014
We want Ted back
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#30729 Jun 29, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>They both have authority to determine what they believe to be constitutional or not. The SCOTUS right is superior.
And therefore what DumBama thinks is constitutional is irrelevant. It doesn't matter what he thinks.

A President can do unconstitutional things, but he is not the judge as to whether it's constitutional or not. Judges decide if he is within the constraints of the Constitution.
Canton

Canton, OH

#30731 Jun 29, 2014
Funny how the Tea Baggers act like their latest email provided "outrage" is what it's been about all along. Nevermind every single other thing that they no longer feel "outraged" about has been proven to be complete crap. Ignore the fact that the Tea Baggers don't want to talk about any of their past "outrage" because it makes them seem desperate and retarded.

Remember when Obama took all our guns away? Remember the FEMA death camps we were all forced to live in? How about Obama's secret civilian army? Remember that? How about the nightmare world that the Affordable Healthcare Act plunged us into? I heard that it was so bad that a job creator gave a truck driver a big raise. Could you guys possibly be any more absurd?
Canton

Canton, OH

#30732 Jun 29, 2014
I wonder if Bush did anything that would be deemed "Unconstitutional"? Seeing how the Conservatives all waved their little flags at the Patriot Act, I'm sure GW must have followed the Constitution to the letter. Of course there's always this...

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/20999950/ns/us_news...
Canton

Canton, OH

#30733 Jun 29, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
And therefore what DumBama thinks is constitutional is irrelevant. It doesn't matter what he thinks.
A President can do unconstitutional things, but he is not the judge as to whether it's constitutional or not. Judges decide if he is within the constraints of the Constitution.
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/20999950/ns/us_news...
figured out

United States

#30734 Jun 29, 2014
Bring Ted back
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#30735 Jun 29, 2014
Canton wrote:
Funny how the Tea Baggers act like their latest email provided "outrage" is what it's been about all along. Nevermind every single other thing that they no longer feel "outraged" about has been proven to be complete crap. Ignore the fact that the Tea Baggers don't want to talk about any of their past "outrage" because it makes them seem desperate and retarded.
Remember when Obama took all our guns away? Remember the FEMA death camps we were all forced to live in? How about Obama's secret civilian army? Remember that? How about the nightmare world that the Affordable Healthcare Act plunged us into? I heard that it was so bad that a job creator gave a truck driver a big raise. Could you guys possibly be any more absurd?
Economy in freefall? 1Q revision shows shrinkage of 2.9%
Published June 25, 2014

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/06/25/economy-...
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#30736 Jun 29, 2014
Canton wrote:
"Mayfield charged that the provisions, allowing electronic surveillance and authorizing physical searches, violate the Fourth Amendment’s prohibition on unreasonable searches and seizures.

A federal judge agreed with Mayfield that the provisions violate the Fourth Amendment requirement of probable cause. An appeals court panel reversed, ruling that Mayfield’s settlement with the government had resolved his case and that he no longer had legal standing to challenge the alleged Fourth Amendment violation.

The appeals court did not examine the Fourth Amendment issue."

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2010/110...
woo-boy

Van Wert, OH

#30737 Jun 29, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Economy in freefall? 1Q revision shows shrinkage of 2.9%
Published June 25, 2014
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/06/25/economy-...
Shows how much the GOP is focusing on that promise of more jobs. Oh, wait a minute.
ino

Clyde, OH

#30738 Jun 29, 2014
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#30739 Jun 29, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Shows how much the GOP is focusing on that promise of more jobs. Oh, wait a minute.
Yep, nothing is ever DumBama's fault. Nothing.

Now get back to your television set and find out what the Democrat politicians want you to think next.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#30740 Jun 29, 2014
ino wrote:
http://majorityleader.gov/Jobs Tracker/
This can't be correct. CNN, MSNBC nor ABC reported on this. LOL!

It's the Republicans fault.
ino

Clyde, OH

#30741 Jun 29, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#30742 Jun 29, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Exectutive appointments are often legal but your links do not determine if any of these in or out of appointments are legal. I am curious about that
So was the President. So he appointed some folks during one of the Senate's phony recesses to find out. The SCOTUS said they weren't. Question answered.

It's really that simple and you folks run around like you found another fake Kenyon birth certificate.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#30743 Jun 29, 2014
Mike Lane wrote:
Can't we get a good old guy like
Ted Kasick or John Strickland
Any one of the 2 has my vote. And they are good honest solid trustworthy ain't pullin the wool over your eyes kind of men!
A MANS MAN THAT HAS MY VOTE! and Judge Judy can't be Mayor....
UNLESS SHE RUNS WITH JUDGE WHOPPNER! And seein how he kicked the bucket some 20 years ago
I support fair legislation, free hot dog Sundays at the Zoo, free medical care for all shelter pets and an extra can of water in your 1 can soup.
Let's get these kasicks and Strickland's in or I'm watching Ludlow on Channel 6.
Oh crap!
Are you for real? I am not perfect & we all make typo's but There are so many grammatical & spelling errors in your post that I won't bother pointing them out. BUT I do need to point out that Judge Wapner would be saddened to find out that he died 20 years ago. He must be a zombie I guess since he's walking the earth today even tho very old.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#30744 Jun 29, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, Buford. I suppose on an 8th grade level of understanding you are correct. My bad trying to discuss this on a more nuanced level that you don't have any chance of understanding.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#30745 Jun 29, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, Buford. I suppose on an 8th grade level of understanding you are correct. My bad trying to discuss this on a more nuanced level that you don't have any chance of understanding.
Correct. I don't understand any liberal and never want to. I hope I never think like that in my life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westlake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ward 1 Councilman David Tadych Could Be Feeling... Sep 13 justbnme 5
Amy Mihaljevic Case Sep 7 Bonjovihair 1
News Dell Bethel, Renaissance man: North Ridgeville ... (Nov '08) Aug '16 Niki 7
News What's next for Mayor Debbie Sutherland, Bay Vi... Aug '16 justbnme 1
Water Heater Jun '16 daveweger 1
waterheater Jun '16 daveweger 1
Toczek (Mar '16) Mar '16 Uncle Daryl 1

Westlake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Westlake Mortgages