Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#28754 May 25, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think so. China is a place where there is maximum government control. That sounds more like your side.
Then why are all the jobs there?
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#28755 May 25, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's the problem we have in this country. We have two groups of people: one group that doesn't need the nanny state and the other group that can't expand it enough. I always thought it would be great if we could just divide the country in half. One side is conservative and the other side liberal.
The only problem with that idea is we would have to erect a fence large enough to keep the liberals out of our side. It would only be a short time before all their businesses left to move to our side because of taxation, unions and regulations. Then there would be no jobs.
The entire liberal side would turn into Detroit after a while because nobody but the criminals would have guns. Not to mention there would be no death penalty for murderers. Income taxes would be ridiculous because over half of the population on their side would sit home and not work.
I know dividing the country in half is impossible, but if liberalism is allowed to grow, the entire country will be like that imaginary liberal side. Thank God I'll be off of this planet before that happens.........I hope.
You could find much of what you are asking for in Texas right now --- lower taxes, weak unions, and a laissez-faire approach to business regulation. Why haven't you moved there? It is very easy to complain, but most folks are too lazy to take concrete action.

Also, the "red states" currently receive far more federal spending than the "blue states." If they broke away and had to rely upon their own finances, their standard of living would drop.

"Democratic-leaning states tend to be net contributors to the federal budget while Republican-leaning states are more often net recipients of federal spending."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_taxation...
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#28756 May 25, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
You could find much of what you are asking for in Texas right now --- lower taxes, weak unions, and a laissez-faire approach to business regulation. Why haven't you moved there? It is very easy to complain, but most folks are too lazy to take concrete action.
Also, the "red states" currently receive far more federal spending than the "blue states." If they broke away and had to rely upon their own finances, their standard of living would drop.
"Democratic-leaning states tend to be net contributors to the federal budget while Republican-leaning states are more often net recipients of federal spending."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_taxation...
States don't need federal aid--people do. Red states don't exclusively have red people no more than blue states have blue people. Otherwise we would see 100% of the votes going for the Republican or Democrat candidate. Where did Romney come from? He was a governor in a very blue state, and yet, the Mass holes voted for a Republican.

A better comparison would be cities. Cities tend to lean heavily one way or the other, but usually Democrat. In fact, here in Cleveland, there were districts that didn't have one Romney vote. Same in Philadelphia and a few other places. As you probably already know, Cleveland is broke and was voted the poorest city twice in three years before Detroit--another Democrat city that took that position away from us. Cleveland also led the country in depopulation a few years ago, and Cleveland is in a blue state. See what I mean?

I heard some great things about Texas, especially in the healthcare area. Seems that after they passed Tort Reform, many people in the medical profession moved down there. Texas is stealing people from California by the droves from what I understand. Same with businesses as well. Check out news articles on Toyota.

I've never been one of those people that could just pack up and leave. I wish I was like that. I'm way to close with my family and friends. Otherwise I would move the hell out of this area of the country, or at the very least, west or south of the great lakes.

If we did divide the country, I would hope I'm already on the conservative side. This way the Democrats would have to leave, and if that happened, my property value would double overnight.
Canton

Canton, OH

#28757 May 25, 2014
Free Pizza 4 U wrote:
<quoted text>
See....that's what happens when you attempt to think sparky........
Oddly, I have never commented on health care. Have you been smoking dope in your mom's basement again?
Hey everyone. Look here. It's a Tea Bagger who loves Obamacare. How silly of me to think otherwise.
Canton

Canton, OH

#28758 May 25, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
States don't need federal aid--people do. Red states don't exclusively have red people no more than blue states have blue people. Otherwise we would see 100% of the votes going for the Republican or Democrat candidate. Where did Romney come from? He was a governor in a very blue state, and yet, the Mass holes voted for a Republican.
A better comparison would be cities. Cities tend to lean heavily one way or the other, but usually Democrat. In fact, here in Cleveland, there were districts that didn't have one Romney vote. Same in Philadelphia and a few other places. As you probably already know, Cleveland is broke and was voted the poorest city twice in three years before Detroit--another Democrat city that took that position away from us. Cleveland also led the country in depopulation a few years ago, and Cleveland is in a blue state. See what I mean?
I heard some great things about Texas, especially in the healthcare area. Seems that after they passed Tort Reform, many people in the medical profession moved down there. Texas is stealing people from California by the droves from what I understand. Same with businesses as well. Check out news articles on Toyota.
I've never been one of those people that could just pack up and leave. I wish I was like that. I'm way to close with my family and friends. Otherwise I would move the hell out of this area of the country, or at the very least, west or south of the great lakes.
If we did divide the country, I would hope I'm already on the conservative side. This way the Democrats would have to leave, and if that happened, my property value would double overnight.
You guys can have Texas. Then we can finally build that wall you guys clucked about for years...on the north border of the state. And America lived happily ever after.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#28759 May 25, 2014
Whoops. Seems I'm in a hurry to rush outside and enjoy global warming and hit the Send button too fast.

Democrats twice as likely to be on food stamps:

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2013/07/...

Percentage of Democrats on various social programs:

http://cdn.inquisitr.com/wp-content/uploads/2...
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#28760 May 25, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys can have Texas. Then we can finally build that wall you guys clucked about for years...on the north border of the state. And America lived happily ever after.
CANTON! How are you buddy? Enjoying your global warming weekend? I am. I'm splitting firewood today. What you up to?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#28761 May 25, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why are all the jobs there?
Because China doesn't have unions and minimum wage there. They also have less regulations such as no workman's compensation, unemployment insurance and overtime pay. So businesses flock to where it's cheaper to do business.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#28762 May 25, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Because China doesn't have unions and minimum wage there. They also have less regulations such as no workman's compensation, unemployment insurance and overtime pay. So businesses flock to where it's cheaper to do business.
What a paradise for the working man! You would absolutely love it there. All of the things you hate so much, that you insist have ruined America, in beautiful reality.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#28763 May 25, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The Truck Driver Patriot has finally admitted that his utopian idea for the United States is to become China.
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I always thought it would be great if we could just divide the country in half. One side is conservative and the other side liberal.
The only problem with that idea is we would have to erect a fence large enough to keep the liberals out of our side. It would only be a short time before all their businesses left to move to our side because of taxation, unions and regulations. Then there would be no jobs.
The Conservative Dream; no taxation, no unions, regulations. Or as TDP correctly described it above, China.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#28764 May 25, 2014
<quoted text>
What a paradise for the working man! You would absolutely love it there. All of the things you hate so much, that you insist have ruined America, in beautiful reality.
Not all their ideas are good, but many of them are.

Whether you agree or disagree with how China deals with businesses, the one fact that remains is that China has our jobs because of how they treat their businesses. The one thing in our favor is Chinese people do crappy work. For that reason, some of the work is coming back to the US because it costs too much to ship defective products back to China, and then have them reshipped over to the US again. Chinese wages have increased as well because of supply and demand in the labor pool.

If we are going to compete with places like China, you can't have government creating even more regulations and threats like the Employer Mandate in Commie Care and have that hanging over their heads.

On a personal note, we lost two good deliveries because of our federal government. They just walked into these businesses and shut them down with little or no warning. For us, that accounted for five to ten deliveries every week to those companies. Their loss of work is our loss of work as well. From what I've been told, the one company stated that they may not be able to get back to production for another year before they straighten this paperwork problem out with the federal government. See, the Chinese government doesn't do things like that to their businesses.
Canton

Canton, OH

#28765 May 25, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
CANTON! How are you buddy? Enjoying your global warming weekend? I am. I'm splitting firewood today. What you up to?
Cut the grass. Getting ready to head over to a friend's place for a bonfire. Hopefully he doesn't go on one of his Tea Bagger "the UN invented climate change so we will have to get the mark of the beast" rants. You know those anti-science guys and how dumb they get with a few beers in them.
Canton

Canton, OH

#28767 May 25, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if they have corporations who get subsidies but then dodge paying their taxes like we have over here?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#28768 May 25, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if they have corporations who get subsidies but then dodge paying their taxes like we have over here?
I don't know. But if they do, then it's even more of a reason for businesses to go there.

“Hereeeeee'ssss UR Pizza”

Since: May 13

Columbus, OH

#28769 May 25, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey everyone. Look here. It's a Tea Bagger who loves Obamacare. How silly of me to think otherwise.
LOL...You are fairly silly sparky.

Hopefully you will grow out of it some day........
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#28770 May 25, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Cut the grass. Getting ready to head over to a friend's place for a bonfire. Hopefully he doesn't go on one of his Tea Bagger "the UN invented climate change so we will have to get the mark of the beast" rants. You know those anti-science guys and how dumb they get with a few beers in them.
Just because somebody doesn't believe in GW doesn't mean they are anti-science. It means they don't buy into that particular science.

I hope you enjoy yourself anyway. I'll probably be doing a fire tonight as well with about eight or so Molson Canadian. I don't buy American beer. Our government doesn't let our American breweries make good beer, so you have to buy imports. All American beer does is make you pee a lot.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#28771 May 25, 2014
<quoted text>
The Truck Driver Patriot has finally admitted that his utopian idea for the United States is to become China.
<quoted text>
The Conservative Dream; no taxation, no unions, regulations. Or as TDP correctly described it above, China.
China has good ideas and bad ideas. Just because I like some of the good ideas doesn't mean I would like the US to be like China. A lot of countries have good ideas even though we may disagree with their entire system of government. The US has some good ideas and bad ideas too.
Canton

Canton, OH

#28772 May 25, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because somebody doesn't believe in GW doesn't mean they are anti-science. It means they don't buy into that particular science.
I hope you enjoy yourself anyway. I'll probably be doing a fire tonight as well with about eight or so Molson Canadian. I don't buy American beer. Our government doesn't let our American breweries make good beer, so you have to buy imports. All American beer does is make you pee a lot.
Great Lakes beer is an excellent American made beer. Dortmunder Gold is my favorite by them. They have some seasonals that hit 9% alc. Sure if you drink a six of it you'll pee a lot but you'll also have to close one eye to hit the bowl.

I'm thinking that disagreeing with the overwhelming majority of the scientific community with a twisted logic that includes demonic forces and the number of the beast tossed in is anti-science.
Canton

Canton, OH

#28773 May 25, 2014
Free Pizza 4 U wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...You are fairly silly sparky.
Hopefully you will grow out of it some day........
I'm silly? Let's look as far as your avatar on here to decide how silly you are.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#28774 May 25, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Great Lakes beer is an excellent American made beer. Dortmunder Gold is my favorite by them. They have some seasonals that hit 9% alc. Sure if you drink a six of it you'll pee a lot but you'll also have to close one eye to hit the bowl.
I'm thinking that disagreeing with the overwhelming majority of the scientific community with a twisted logic that includes demonic forces and the number of the beast tossed in is anti-science.
Let's talk reality here and not beasts. Science has a lot of good things to offer when they come up with empirical evidence. When they come up with "might be, could be, I think maybe" then it's only logical to question their beliefs. Questioning climate change is no less whacky than questioning religion. It's not a science, it's a religion or belief.

I can use nature and the hundreds of unbelievable things that happen every day on this planet to make my case that there is a God. But I can't prove it. I can't bring him to the bar and introduce him to everybody. People who believe in UFO's can make some very interesting points. But they can't prove there are aliens from outer space. People who believe in the supernatural can come up with some interesting stories and findings about ghosts. But they can't prove there are any ghosts. The same holds true with Climate Change.

Watch yourself drinking tonight if you are driving. The cops are everywhere and looking for a reason to impress their bosses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westlake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obituaries 10/26/11 (Nov '11) 15 hr Roger and Terri 43
Just Moved Here! Are There Any Indoor Basketbal... Dec 8 Jake777 1
Review: Fifth Third Bank Nov 26 dorothy a beckwith 1
Disabled people can't use Olmsted Falls library (Feb '11) Nov '14 Helen8809 5
North Ridgeville Internet Providers (Nov '07) Nov '14 MaryEllen Minter 5
Items (Oct '11) Nov '14 Kim 2
FitzGerald says there was nothing improper in 2... Aug '14 mike 2
Westlake Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web