Who do you support for Governor in Oh...
xxxrayted

Berea, OH

#28794 May 26, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>That's cute. Just like you think a pension is a welfare check. I got money to donate to send xxx a one way ticket to his new beloved communist country of China. Entertain us some more with those pathetic tin foil hat lies that you put so much stock in.
Oh, don't do that. I'll just trade it in for a one-way ticket to North Korea so you can move. You'd love it. Cradle-to-Grave government. And guess what? Government healthcare too!
Canton

Canton, OH

#28795 May 26, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, lucky for us that gasoline isn't 30 cents more per gallon like the Bush years. That 30 cents would kill us today given the prices at the grocery stores and all the people not working today. Very unlike the Bush years when people were working and could easily afford gasoline at $4.00 per gallon.
If only the fantasy you kindle in your mind matched the reality of what every American knows, when it comes to how things were under GW Bush. It does explain however why American voters fought tooth and nail to make sure we kept the great record of the GOP administration alive in the last two presidential elections. Aaaah ha ha ha ha ha!

Now, if you don't mind, my wife and I are going to go hope we can find a place to park, and spend some fun money at the mall that was an empty ghost town back in the glory days of W Bush.
Canton

Canton, OH

#28796 May 26, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike DumBama who bailed out his union buddies that they never totally paid back. And DumBama didn't bailout any banks? Wall Street loves DumBama. After his election, never have the rich gotten richer and the separation between the middle-class and wealthy been further.
I forget. Who was it that deregulated the banks and wall street that caused the crisis? Was it DumBama or whatever a slightly retarded Tea Bagger child would call our current president, or was it one of the greasy @ssed GOP weasels you inflicted on this nation?
xxxrayted

Berea, OH

#28797 May 26, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
I forget. Who was it that deregulated the banks and wall street that caused the crisis? Was it DumBama or whatever a slightly retarded Tea Bagger child would call our current president, or was it one of the greasy @ssed GOP weasels you inflicted on this nation?
Actually it was due to making as many minorities and poor homeowners as possible, also known as Vote Buying. You can't regulate loans going to people that can't pay those loans back. Republicans wanted to create an oversight committee on F and F, but that was met with too much resistance from the Democrats.
xxxrayted

Berea, OH

#28798 May 26, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
If only the fantasy you kindle in your mind matched the reality of what every American knows, when it comes to how things were under GW Bush. It does explain however why American voters fought tooth and nail to make sure we kept the great record of the GOP administration alive in the last two presidential elections. Aaaah ha ha ha ha ha!
Now, if you don't mind, my wife and I are going to go hope we can find a place to park, and spend some fun money at the mall that was an empty ghost town back in the glory days of W Bush.
Don't spend too much. After all, since DumBama took office, household incomes are down by about $5,0000 per family.

It's unfortunate that Americans vote for their President like they vote for their favorite candidate on American Idol. DumBama won a popularity contest and nobody cared about his polices. Now they do because his policies hit home. That's why his approval ratings are sinking lower and lower.
xxxrayted

Berea, OH

#28800 May 26, 2014
EPA’s next target in fight against climate change: cooking stoves
U.S. fight against climate change moves into the kitchen

The war on climate change may soon be moving inside the kitchen.
Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Gina McCarthy is set to unveil on Tuesday six federal grants to universities to fund research on clean cookstove technology.

PHOTOS: Eye-popping excuses in American political scandals
The announcement will put the EPA’s resources squarely behind a United Nations’ quest for cleaner burning stoves and an end to deadly cooking pollution.

“This research will help to improve air quality, protect public health and slow climate change,” the EPA said in explaining why the agency chief will preside over the announcement on Tuesday.

To make the case for why these grants are so important, EPA noted the World Health Organization estimates that exposure to smoke from traditional cookstoves and open pit fires leads to 4.3 million premature deaths each year.

The fact is, though, most of the problem lives far from the shores of the United States, where most Americans have modern gas and electric stoves.

Rather, the target of this research are the 3 billion people, mostly in the developing world, who still cook using solid fuels like wood, crop wastes, charcoal, coal and dung in open fires or leaky stoves., according to the World Heath Organization.

WHO’s own Web site acknowledges most of the cookstoves that are the problems are in poor countries. Not the superpower that is the United States.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/may/...
Follow us:@washtimes on Twitter

17 trillion dollars in debt and growing, yet we have all this cash to give to colleges to study cooking stoves in third world countries.

Seems to me (according to this article) that man has been responsible for global warming long before the first factory, train or car. Cooking food to eat is unnatural and dangerous to our ever so fragile environment. I think what we really need is a global suicide of Homo Sapiens. That way we can restore the planet to it's original pristine condition. We shouldn't be allowed to cook food and eat. What in hell is wrong with us anyway?
woo-boy

Van Wert, OH

#28801 May 26, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Gina McCarthy is set to unveil on Tuesday six federal grants to universities to fund research on clean cookstove technology.
The announcement will put the EPA’s resources squarely behind a United Nations’ quest for cleaner burning stoves and an end to deadly cooking pollution.
“This research will help to improve air quality, protect public health and slow climate change,” the EPA said in explaining why the agency chief will preside over the announcement on Tuesday.
To make the case for why these grants are so important, EPA noted the World Health Organization estimates that exposure to smoke from traditional cookstoves and open pit fires leads to 4.3 million premature deaths each year.
The fact is, though, most of the problem lives far from the shores of the United States, where most Americans have modern gas and electric stoves.
Rather, the target of this research are the 3 billion people, mostly in the developing world, who still cook using solid fuels like wood, crop wastes, charcoal, coal and dung in open fires or leaky stoves., according to the World Heath Organization.
WHO’s own Web site acknowledges most of the cookstoves that are the problems are in poor countries. Not the superpower that is the United States.
17 trillion dollars in debt and growing, yet we have all this cash to give to colleges to study cooking stoves in third world countries.
Seems to me (according to this article) that man has been responsible for global warming long before the first factory, train or car. Cooking food to eat is unnatural and dangerous to our ever so fragile environment. I think what we really need is a global suicide of Homo Sapiens. That way we can restore the planet to it's original pristine condition. We shouldn't be allowed to cook food and eat. What in hell is wrong with us anyway?
You continue to prove why you are so stupid. I read an interview with Justice Scalia, you know the hard right Supreme Court judge. He stated that he quit getting the Washington Times, because (quote) "They are too far out there". Yet you point to that as "LEGIT" source. Small minds cite idiot facts. I'd donate for you to go to North Korea too. You two would probably pass as twins.
xxxrayted

Berea, OH

#28802 May 26, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>You continue to prove why you are so stupid. I read an interview with Justice Scalia, you know the hard right Supreme Court judge. He stated that he quit getting the Washington Times, because (quote) "They are too far out there". Yet you point to that as "LEGIT" source. Small minds cite idiot facts. I'd donate for you to go to North Korea too. You two would probably pass as twins.
Small minded people are those that criticize a source without being able to prove them wrong.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#28803 May 26, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
I find more than a little interesting that the accompanying picture with this article is a typical enclosed wood burner.
Let's also not forget that there was a recent push on lawn mowers. If that push continued on, there may have been PCV valves, fuel injection, catalytic converters & more & a 'simple' 20" cut mower with a 3 1/5 hp engine could cost $500-$600 !
I am glad that that effort seems to have died....for now anyway.
Has anyone noticed the new EPA allowed nozzle on what used to be a typical gas can? They now have a funky spout intended to minimize gasoline vapors in the 10-30 seconds it would take to fuel your mower, chain saw, outboard motor or your car that ran out of gas. The nozzles actually make it a little bit of a task to use the can & depending on the specific tank being fueled can cause some spillage or a longer fueling time.
In fact, they won't even open that little spring loaded flapper in the top in the top of a cars fuel tank.
Old Guy

Mason, OH

#28804 May 26, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
The main focus of this effort is the health effects of indoor air pollution. From the original Request for Information:

"Household air pollution (HAP) resulting from incomplete combustion of solid fuels, such as firewood and coal traditionally used for cooking and heating, affects nearly 3 billion people primarily in low-and middle income countries. HAP remains the greatest single environmental cause of early mortality, contributing to an estimated 4.3 million deaths in 2012 according to the World Health Organization (World Health Organization 2014). HAP’s high level of pollutants, including both particulate and chemical constituents, are associated with a range of health risks, including respiratory infections, chronic pulmonary obstructive disease, lung cancer, and eye disorders in adults, stillbirth, low birthweight, and impaired cognitive development in infants."

"The NIH Household Air Pollution Working Group is evaluating the portfolio of relevant NIH research and considering options for future activities. In this context, the Working Group is interested in scientific and public health opportunities that involve the evaluation of the health benefits of existing and planned cookstove distribution programs around the world, as well as de novo trials of cookstove interventions."

http://www.grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice...

So, it's a serious problem that kills more than 4 million people a year. This particular effort is to determine if cleaner burning stoves do any good to address the problem. Though it will benefit those in poor countries, this information will also be useful to us.
xxxrayted

Berea, OH

#28808 May 27, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> I find more than a little interesting that the accompanying picture with this article is a typical enclosed wood burner.
Let's also not forget that there was a recent push on lawn mowers. If that push continued on, there may have been PCV valves, fuel injection, catalytic converters & more & a 'simple' 20" cut mower with a 3 1/5 hp engine could cost $500-$600 !
Has anyone noticed the new EPA allowed nozzle on what used to be a typical gas can? They now have a funky spout intended to minimize gasoline vapors in the 10-30 seconds it would take to fuel your mower, chain saw, outboard motor or your car that ran out of gas. The nozzles actually make it a little bit of a task to use the can & depending on the specific tank being fueled can cause some spillage or a longer fueling time.
In fact, they won't even open that little spring loaded flapper in the top in the top of a cars fuel tank.
They have already messed with lawnmowers and snowblowers. Just ask any lawnmower mechanic. I talked to two of them and asked why I can't run the engine on a totally closed choke. They both told me the same thing: EPA. It's for pollution standards. You don't get as much power as you do the older engines because of it.

The mechanic that worked on my snowblower last fall told me there is a way to remove (whatever the stupid thing is) out of the engine so it will run normal, but it's not legal for a mechanic to do. However I guess there are internet sites that explain how you can do it yourself if you're handy at wrenching.

This ridiculous measure of cooking stoves is just a gateway to more intrusive things in our life here in the US. I have an outdoor fireplace in my backyard and yes, I burn wood. It's only a matter of time before they try to make that illegal, and I'll be damned if they are going to try and stop me. I live my fireplace in the summertime.

These people that get this government money will be no different than these scientists that get goodies for their climate change and second hand smoke research. They will tilt the scales so something as harmless as burning wood will be the end of the world. When they get this money, they know what government is looking for; a way to have more control over the people.
woo-boy

Van Wert, OH

#28810 May 27, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
They have already messed with lawnmowers and snowblowers. Just ask any lawnmower mechanic. I talked to two of them and asked why I can't run the engine on a totally closed choke. They both told me the same thing: EPA. It's for pollution standards. You don't get as much power as you do the older engines because of it.
The mechanic that worked on my snowblower last fall told me there is a way to remove (whatever the stupid thing is) out of the engine so it will run normal, but it's not legal for a mechanic to do. However I guess there are internet sites that explain how you can do it yourself if you're handy at wrenching.
This ridiculous measure of cooking stoves is just a gateway to more intrusive things in our life here in the US. I have an outdoor fireplace in my backyard and yes, I burn wood. It's only a matter of time before they try to make that illegal, and I'll be damned if they are going to try and stop me. I live my fireplace in the summertime.
These people that get this government money will be no different than these scientists that get goodies for their climate change and second hand smoke research. They will tilt the scales so something as harmless as burning wood will be the end of the world. When they get this money, they know what government is looking for; a way to have more control over the people.
Someone can't even maintain a small engine, yet claims that they are so self sufficient. Always blaming someone or something else for being such a failure. A common known fact- teabaggers are professional victims. Everything was Utopia until 2008.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#28811 May 27, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry. We will still let you have your fireplace. But instead of burning wood, you will have to burn Bibles.
Canton

Canton, OH

#28812 May 27, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> I find more than a little interesting that the accompanying picture with this article is a typical enclosed wood burner.
The nozzle on the gas cans didn't change because of the EPA. It was changed during the Bush years because some redneck moron poured gas with a lit cigarette in his mouth and then sued when it blew up on him. Just like with the folks who voted for the worst president in the history of America, G W Bush, we all have to pay the price of someone else's stupidity.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#28813 May 27, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Someone can't even maintain a small engine, yet claims that they are so self sufficient. Always blaming someone or something else for being such a failure. A common known fact- teabaggers are professional victims. Everything was Utopia until 2008.
That is exactly what Liberals do which is always blaming someone or something else for Liberals being such a failure and then wants the Federal Government to get involved to remedy why they failed to begin with.
Canton

Canton, OH

#28814 May 27, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>That is exactly what Liberals do which is always blaming someone or something else for Liberals being such a failure and then wants the Federal Government to get involved to remedy why they failed to begin with.
We can't all be the brave heroes who dared to fight tooth and nail against the tiny fraction of fraud in the government assistance programs, at the cost of children, vets, disabled and seniors not being able to afford to eat. One has to wonder why you same brave souls don't stand up to the corporations that get subsidies and then dodge paying their fair of taxes or organized crime that costs every American way more than someone buying beer with food stamps. I'm sure it's not based on a certain person's color of their skin when you guys imagine all the free money being handed out. I'm sure that seeming like a corporate fetch boy and supporting a corporate agenda, while attacking the poorest and most powerless of society is just as brave as tackling a real problem. As far as blame, most Americans blame the idiots who voted for Bush twice and rightfully so. Oh that's right. We were in absolute despair under Clinton and Bush's meaningless war was free.
Canton

Canton, OH

#28815 May 27, 2014
I think the poor should give up their government food assistance on the exact same day that the "job creator's" failed companies can no longer file for bankruptcy.
Canton

Canton, OH

#28818 May 27, 2014
I'm just as sick of these freeloaders abusing government freebie handouts as the next guy but somebody has to drill the oil, grow the corn and run the banks.
Canton

Canton, OH

#28819 May 27, 2014
Of the $6,000 in corporate subsidies that the average American family pays each year,$1,231 of it goes to making up for revenue losses from corporate tax havens. Companies that hide their money overseas, to avoid paying their fair share of taxes

Since it only costs that same, average American family $36 on the Foodstamp program, I'll go ahead and step back so you Tea Baggers can all voice your absolute outrage...ready? Go!
xxxrayted

Berea, OH

#28820 May 27, 2014
Canton wrote:
Of the $6,000 in corporate subsidies that the average American family pays each year,$1,231 of it goes to making up for revenue losses from corporate tax havens. Companies that hide their money overseas, to avoid paying their fair share of taxes
Since it only costs that same, average American family $36 on the Foodstamp program, I'll go ahead and step back so you Tea Baggers can all voice your absolute outrage...ready? Go!
I find your source questionable because many families making $50,000 per year don't even pay any income tax which is where any of that money would come from. Nearly half of the income earners pay no income taxes in this country.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westlake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
racial profiling in Rocky River (Mar '06) Apr 7 Chris 7
News Former Playboy Playmante Jennifer Jackson found... (Jan '10) Mar 29 Tommybay 30
Review: Patient First - John Kavlich MD (May '09) Mar '17 Krazychick 66
News Physician Somnath Roy is accused of sex crimes (Nov '07) Feb '17 No name 69
News Dream Team to take on Harlem Wizards in basketball (Nov '09) Jan '17 themoonvilletunnel 2
News Maple Heights drug dealer sold fatal heroin dos... Jan '17 Rochelle anthony 2
Review: Avon Family Dentistry - Geoffrey L Stef... (Oct '08) Jan '17 UNHAPPY CUSTOMER 58

Westlake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Westlake Mortgages