Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#28448 May 15, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Not important at all. When I get a smart azz remark, I return one.
I also love how libs bash right leaning sites but can never prove them wrong. Just say they are right leaning sites and nothing more needs to be said, right?
Most of us prefer news sources that are not so closely aligned with a particular political party or with an obvious ideological ax to grind. This non-story about French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius is true, but meaningless. He definitely made that weird, isolated comment, but didn't explain what he meant by it. That's why it got so little play in the "main stream media."

http://www.state.gov/secretary/remarks/2014/0...
CMS

West Chester, OH

#28449 May 16, 2014
Kasich is the only choice, 15 points ahead of the Democrat whose only plan is"tax the rich!"
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#28450 May 16, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of us prefer news sources that are not so closely aligned with a particular political party or with an obvious ideological ax to grind. This non-story about French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius is true, but meaningless. He definitely made that weird, isolated comment, but didn't explain what he meant by it. That's why it got so little play in the "main stream media."
http://www.state.gov/secretary/remarks/2014/0...
I know it's meaningless OG, I was responding to Canton who makes smart ass remarks about my opinion of global warming. He seems to be the expert--not me.

But as long as we're on the subject of global warming, I have to say I don't remember many times in the middle of May where I had to run my furnace like I am this morning. It's in the middle 40's up here and that's cold as hell for this time of the year. Usually in the middle of May, you awaken to your windows wide open and a nice cool (not cold) breeze coming through the window.

I suspect that's why Canton didn't respond yet. He probably refuses to run his furnace this time of year because damn it, we have global warming, and he's under the covers trying to stay warm.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#28451 May 16, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I know it's meaningless OG, I was responding to Canton who makes smart ass remarks about my opinion of global warming. He seems to be the expert--not me.
But as long as we're on the subject of global warming, I have to say I don't remember many times in the middle of May where I had to run my furnace like I am this morning. It's in the middle 40's up here and that's cold as hell for this time of the year. Usually in the middle of May, you awaken to your windows wide open and a nice cool (not cold) breeze coming through the window.
I suspect that's why Canton didn't respond yet. He probably refuses to run his furnace this time of year because damn it, we have global warming, and he's under the covers trying to stay warm.
I've never had to cover plants in May due to frost either. Oh, wait, yes I have.
Canton

Canton, OH

#28452 May 16, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
So you still can't wrap your head around the fact that the climate scientists predicted an extreme winter and that climate change doesn't just mean hot in the summer? Uh oh...it looks like thousands of people in San Diego didn't get the latest Tea Bagger emailed newsletter and have let the imaginary record setting wildfires burn their imaginary record setting drought stricken countryside.

Also, I didn't respond to your Frenchie comment because you used a typical rightwing ploy and shifted my observation that your other link was from a rightwing site that has been busted telling lies on a regular basis to me claiming the French guy never said something. Wonder why? Must be the same reason why you can't post one scientifically valid link to back up your climate change denial claims.

Every major and reputable scientific site in the world, and every major technology site in the world is openly discussing the obvious damage your fossil fuel cult has caused to this planet from their greed. The fact that you choose oil lobby propaganda over the entire thinking world makes you just an oil cult flunkie and just another Fox News has been.
Canton

Canton, OH

#28453 May 16, 2014
The real reason why you Tea Baggers don't believe in climate change is because you just can't admit you were wrong. Nothing more. Just like the real reason you don't like our current president who is so moderate, he makes Reagan look like a Liberal tax happy, terrorist negotiating commie is because he is black. Nothing more.

Now back to all of you pretending we don't know these things for a fact...
Canton

Canton, OH

#28454 May 16, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Record number of tornadoes? Where? When?
Too cold outside? Global warming.
Too warm outside? Global warming.
Too much rain? Global warming.
Too little rain? Global warming.
Tornadoes? Global warming.
Hurricanes? Global warming.
Snow? Global warming.
Forest fires? Global warming.
Earthquakes? Global warming.
It's getting to the point where it's easier just to point out the normal events that aren't global warming.
It's not fair for you to claim earthquakes are caused by Climate Change. The earthquakes are being caused by fracking. You know, that thing Big Daddy Koch said was as safe as the day is long?(Also see the same oil billionaires who spent millions to refute climate change)

Could you imagine how stupid someone would have to be to believe oil lobby propaganda over the entire scientific world? I bet you can. Also, go ahead and add "Record setting" in front of just about everything you listed there and call it normal.
Canton

Canton, OH

#28455 May 16, 2014
Record setting high temps? Call it normal
Record setting low temps? Call it normal
Record setting drought? Call it normal
Record setting wildfires? Call it normal
Record setting floods? Call it normal
Record setting hurricanes? Call it normal

Look at how stupid you guys sound to the thinking people of this planet. Look how completely in denial you would have to be to call all these things normal.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#28456 May 16, 2014
Canton wrote:
The real reason why you Tea Baggers don't believe in climate change is because you just can't admit you were wrong. Nothing more. Just like the real reason you don't like our current president who is so moderate, he makes Reagan look like a Liberal tax happy, terrorist negotiating commie is because he is black. Nothing more.
the climate changed.....it was 80 earlier this week, and now we narrowly escaped frost this morning.

what is wrong, is to take your snapshot in time argument, and call it factual.

Man recording 100 years of data claiming it fact.......falls short with those knowing the planet is over a billion years old.

Ohio covered in a glacier, and it melted.

Record winters and summers.

Tornado's, hurricanes, drought, flood, lightning.

in 1000 more years of data collecting the scientists will have a larger snapshot of time to garner opinion on.

at the current level of experimentation your opinion carries little weight with those who can think without being told what to think.
canton

Akron, OH

#28458 May 16, 2014
pretty ass$ i saw this morning not im horney it was a mans ass$ was hott
canton

Akron, OH

#28459 May 16, 2014
still looking at childrens ass$ i know he molested several i know of truth
Clairton PA

Canton, OH

#28460 May 16, 2014
Two more posts that should sound interesting when read out loud in a court of law.
Canton

Canton, OH

#28461 May 16, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
the climate changed.....it was 80 earlier this week, and now we narrowly escaped frost this morning.
what is wrong, is to take your snapshot in time argument, and call it factual.
Man recording 100 years of data claiming it fact.......falls short with those knowing the planet is over a billion years old.
Ohio covered in a glacier, and it melted.
Record winters and summers.
Tornado's, hurricanes, drought, flood, lightning.
in 1000 more years of data collecting the scientists will have a larger snapshot of time to garner opinion on.
at the current level of experimentation your opinion carries little weight with those who can think without being told what to think.
And you base this "bigger picture" snapshot that supposedly only people who are on the Heritage Foundation's email list can see on what? That's right. It was the scientists that told you about glaciers and things that happened billions of years ago. The same scientists that accurately predicted the hottest decade in recorded history and who accurately predicted a record cold winter. I could listen to your irrational mouth spew desperate oil lobby propaganda spin while you pretend to have some secret greater knowledge, but I'll stick with the overwhelming majority of not just the scientific world, but every thinking person on this planet who knows climate change is happening and who knows just how much the oil industry has to lose on it.

You just can't admit you are wrong. That's all. Just a fringe group oil cult flunkie who gulped down huge amounts of oil lobby propaganda sh1t and is now trying to tell us how good it tastes. No thanks.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#28462 May 16, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not fair for you to claim earthquakes are caused by Climate Change. The earthquakes are being caused by fracking. You know, that thing Big Daddy Koch said was as safe as the day is long?(Also see the same oil billionaires who spent millions to refute climate change)
Could you imagine how stupid someone would have to be to believe oil lobby propaganda over the entire scientific world? I bet you can. Also, go ahead and add "Record setting" in front of just about everything you listed there and call it normal.
Oh please, the brainwashers want you to believe everything is because of climate change:

The “hurricane drought” in the U.S. continues, as last year saw the lowest number of hurricanes since 1982, according to government storm data.

For the 2013 hurricane season — which runs from June 1st to November 30th — thirteen named storms formed in the North Atlantic Ocean, the Caribbean and the Gulf of Mexico. Only two of those storms reached hurricane strength, according to the National Hurricane Center.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/03/20/number-of-h...

Study: Global Warming Will Cause 180,000 More Rapes by 2099
Controversial new research predicts that over the coming century, rising temperatures will result in more violent crime.
—By Jeremy Schulman | Thu Feb. 27, 2014

http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2014/0...

A Fracking Good Story

Carbon dioxide emissions in the U.S. are at their lowest level in 20 years. It’s not because of wind or solar power.
By Bjørn Lomborg

Weather conditions around the world this summer have provided ample fodder for the global warming debate. Droughts and heat waves are a harbinger of our future, carbon cuts are needed now more than ever, and yet meaningful policies have not been enacted.

But, beyond this well-trodden battlefield, something amazing has happened: Carbon-dioxide emissions in the United States have dropped to their lowest level in 20 years. Estimating on the basis of data from the US Energy Information Agency from the first five months of 2012, this year’s expected CO2 emissions have declined by more than 800 million tons, or 14 percent from their peak in 2007.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_scie...
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#28463 May 16, 2014
Canton wrote:
Moderate?

He was supported by the US Communist party both elections. How much leftist does it get than that???
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#28464 May 16, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
So you still can't wrap your head around the fact that the climate scientists predicted an extreme winter and that climate change doesn't just mean hot in the summer? Uh oh...it looks like thousands of people in San Diego didn't get the latest Tea Bagger emailed newsletter and have let the imaginary record setting wildfires burn their imaginary record setting drought stricken countryside.
Also, I didn't respond to your Frenchie comment because you used a typical rightwing ploy and shifted my observation that your other link was from a rightwing site that has been busted telling lies on a regular basis to me claiming the French guy never said something. Wonder why? Must be the same reason why you can't post one scientifically valid link to back up your climate change denial claims.
Every major and reputable scientific site in the world, and every major technology site in the world is openly discussing the obvious damage your fossil fuel cult has caused to this planet from their greed. The fact that you choose oil lobby propaganda over the entire thinking world makes you just an oil cult flunkie and just another Fox News has been.
Start thinking for yourself for a change. HTF do you think they could have predicted the hottest summer, by how much global warming we had that year?

Scientists estimated that only 10% of that warm summer had anything to do with climate change. Ever hear of the sun, the clouds, rain???

Toi your chagrin, the climate has been changing since God put the planet here. And do you know what's going to happen in 500 years from today? The climate will still be changing.
Canton

Canton, OH

#28465 May 16, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please, the brainwashers want you to believe everything is because of climate change:
The “hurricane drought” in the U.S. continues, as last year saw the lowest number of hurricanes since 1982, according to government storm data.
For the 2013 hurricane season — which runs from June 1st to November 30th — thirteen named storms formed in the North Atlantic Ocean, the Caribbean and the Gulf of Mexico. Only two of those storms reached hurricane strength, according to the National Hurricane Center.
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/03/20/number-of-h...
Study: Global Warming Will Cause 180,000 More Rapes by 2099
Controversial new research predicts that over the coming century, rising temperatures will result in more violent crime.
—By Jeremy Schulman | Thu Feb. 27, 2014
http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2014/0...
A Fracking Good Story
Carbon dioxide emissions in the U.S. are at their lowest level in 20 years. It’s not because of wind or solar power.
By Bjørn Lomborg
Weather conditions around the world this summer have provided ample fodder for the global warming debate. Droughts and heat waves are a harbinger of our future, carbon cuts are needed now more than ever, and yet meaningful policies have not been enacted.
But, beyond this well-trodden battlefield, something amazing has happened: Carbon-dioxide emissions in the United States have dropped to their lowest level in 20 years. Estimating on the basis of data from the US Energy Information Agency from the first five months of 2012, this year’s expected CO2 emissions have declined by more than 800 million tons, or 14 percent from their peak in 2007.
http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_scie...
I'm sorry. Were you saying something? I was too busy reading how the Dead Sea is drying up. You know. The old shtick where a sea mentioned back when the Bible was written and that existed to this day, dries up. Just another one of those common thinger do's you guys keep telilng me about.
Canton

Canton, OH

#28466 May 16, 2014
I like your radical Mother Jones story in an attempt to belittle the overwhelming majority of the scientific community but the other oil lobby sponsored websites almost seem as if you have an obvious agenda. Perhaps if we look to what the overwhelming majority of the scientific community is saying right now...Oh look. The polar ice shelf is collapsing into the ocean. Just like they predicted. Let me know if you need a link to the Conservative farmer who sold his land to fracking and now regrets it because his house is being rocked by earthquakes. I think it was on the news last night. Right next to the record setting wildfires in the west, due to the record setting drought they are having. Better go grab some two year old links from oil lobby propaganda sites or a year old motherjones kook story to try to saddle up next to the absurd claims of FEMA death camps, Obamacare Death Panels and all the other birth certificate garbage you have spewed on the thinking world. Me? I'll stick with the news I saw today. I'll go with the scientists who accurately predicted the HOTEST DECADE IN RECORDED HISTORY while the oil lobby...ooops...I mean the Tea Party was claiming it didn't exist at all. I'll go with what I can see with my own eyes while you cry in denial like a little girl because you and yours just CAN'T ADMIT YOU ARE WRONG. No...make that...you are not allowed to admit you are wrong.
Canton

Canton, OH

#28467 May 16, 2014
More on your link to The Daily Caller...

http://mediamatters.org/tags/the-entire-staff...

Look at the fetid garbage this truck driving climate expert keeps calling facts.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#28468 May 16, 2014
Canton wrote:
More on your link to The Daily Caller...
http://mediamatters.org/tags/the-entire-staff...
Look at the fetid garbage this truck driving climate expert keeps calling facts.
Media Matters? HAHAHAHAHAH.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westlake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
republicans take the senate and america gets be... 13 hr tommorrow 1
Obituaries 10/26/11 (Nov '11) Oct 18 Roger and Terri 42
Pandrangi Tower will open soon at Southwest Gen... Oct 15 Ivieivy 1
Wholesale Medical Marijuana supplier Oct 11 good stuff 1
bed bugs Sep 25 concerned bulldog 1
Man charged in Cleveland rape is now suspect in... Sep 25 Serve Justice 1
FitzGerald says there was nothing improper in 2... Aug '14 mike 2
Westlake Dating
Find my Match

Westlake Jobs