Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2014

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
This is such confused logic that I barely know where to start. Again, your premise is a testable one. You suggest that when unions are strong, salaries of those in medicine will have to rise to compete (and, when unions are weak, salaries of those in medicine will fall.) This is not what we've seen. When unions were at the peak of their strength in the 1950s, did doctors salaries rise dramatically? No. And now, when unions are in profound decline, are doctor's salaries falling? No.
<quoted text>
You believe the only reason that anyone works is to make money? Really?
For those with a choice, there are many jobs that are interesting and challenging, and the pay is only one consideration out of many. Working in medicine is difficult, requires many years of training, but the non-financial rewards are great. You get to see the difference you make in people's lives every day.
Have you ever been in a steel mill? I have. The work is hot, the environment is nasty. Every day you work there takes a terrible toll on your body, and it ages you prematurely. Outside of the money, there's not much to recommend it.
<quoted text>
Why didn't you get one of those high paying, unskilled jobs?
I was never much of a lover for big companies. I believe small business is more American and personal when it comes to working. Back in the days when I was working in medical, we were a branch of a large company. You are just a number and nobody really appreciates good work.

However money is the main motivator for most workers. And as I stated, unless you have a passion about that particular kind of work, you will opt to work in another field of work for the same or even more money.

Unions were the driver of non-skilled labor that created a domino effect across the country. That's why most of our goods are made in China today. But it's not just unions that were responsible for our medical personnel shortage, it was other fields of work that required an advanced education. You would be better off being educated as an engineer, an architect, an IT person or other related technology field than medical. Granted, nobody would get training for a job they hate because it paid more money, but they will get training for a job that's acceptable to them.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2014

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
This is interesting because it is a testable idea. We can look at other countries that have equivalent agencies to the FDA, and see if their drug prices are also higher. If so, your idea might have merit.
In Canada, their version of the FDA is Health Canada. It has similar oversight of drugs. And yet, drugs are much cheaper there. Why do you think that is?
"The statistics reflect that prices of brand name drugs in the United States are significantly higher than in Canada, India, the UK and other countries, nearly all of which have price controls."
Why don't we have price controls, or even just allow Medicare to negotiate for the best prices?
"The pharmaceutical industry has thousands of lobbyists in Washington, D.C., that lobby Congress and protect their interests. The pharmaceutical industry spent $855 million, more than any other industry, on lobbying activities from 1998 to 2006, according to the non-partisan Center for Public Integrity."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prescription_dru...
Actually, Hillary Clinton managed to get price controls on our flu vaccine in this country. This was the results:

"In 1993 Hillary Clinton championed the Vaccines for Children program, under which the government uses its purchasing power to negotiate discounts for vaccines and distributes them to physicians and various health agencies for free or at a reduced price, essentially creating a children's vaccine entitlement. As a result, more than half the supply of childhood vaccines is purchased by government at deep discounts. Many firms have simply chosen to leave the market, given the low profit margins. Less than two percent of drug company revenue is derived from vaccines."

http://www.ncpa.org/pub/ba493

The bottom line is that it created a shortage of vaccines in this country. It doesn't work.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2014

Judged:

Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
You a climate scientist? Let's hear what the experts have to say on the matter...Go ahead and pick your own kookie denial claim. I think they address each one of them, as oddly enough, I have heard most of them on here. It's almost as if you are all getting your energy lobby propaganda from the same source .
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/sev...
Come on Canton. Where in my post did I deny climate change? It does not serve to make incorrect claims.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2014

Judged:

Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
You a climate scientist? Let's hear what the experts have to say on the matter...Go ahead and pick your own kookie denial claim. I think they address each one of them, as oddly enough, I have heard most of them on here. It's almost as if you are all getting your energy lobby propaganda from the same source .
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/sev...
And nobody hates propaganda more than Canton:

National Science Foundation funded climate change musical to tune of $700,000
By Perry ChiaramontePublished March 31, 2014FoxNews.com

Call it Climate Change: The Musical!

The National Science Foundation has spent nearly $700,000 on a climate change-themed theatrical production, leaving some in Congress questioning if the organization's grant funds could be put to better use.

Rep. Lamar Smith, R-Texas, questioned White House science czar John Holdren in a hearing last Thursday about the way the NSF is using taxpayer money -- including on the grants for the play, a New York production called "The Great Immensity."

“I support basic research, which can lead to discoveries that change our world, expand our horizons and save lives,” Smith, chairman of the House Science Committee, told FoxNews.com .“But NSF has funded too many questionable research grants. Spending taxpayer dollars to fund a climate change musical called ‘The Great Immensity’ sounds more like a waste of taxpayer dollars -- money that could have funded higher priority research.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/03/31/cl...

We report----you decide.

Since: Aug 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2014

Judged:

Canton just don't get no R S P E C T.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2014

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why didn't you get one of those high paying, unskilled jobs?
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I was never much of a lover for big companies. I believe small business is more American and personal when it comes to working. Back in the days when I was working in medical, we were a branch of a large company. You are just a number and nobody really appreciates good work.
So, after making the argument that the people are primarily driven by money in their job search, and maintaining that they would rather work in a steel mill rather than be a pharmacist because the money is better...now you are telling me that YOU were willing to work for less money because you prefer the working environment of a smaller company?
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Our GDP is 16,244,600 million dollars.
The GDP of the European Union is 16,721,383 million dollars.
The GDP of China is 8,358,363 million dollars.
The GDP of Japan is 5,959,718 million dollars.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countrie...
Pfizer by themselves spent more than 16 million on research in 2013.

you are full of yourself, and full of crap too.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

Judged:

science project for Canton.

what has been the temperature for the last 1000 April 1st in Canton Ohio?

1000 is a mere 1% of Canton's existence.

after the glacier melted, was root cause for the heat that melted the ice due to camp fires smoke?

were the polar bears starving because they could not break ice?

and did your scientists prove Global warming due to man made pollution before man was on Earth?

I proved you a moron on 1st post....this science experiment of fact has more evidence than your scientists do regarding global anything.

today is your national holiday.....fools day.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
Pfizer by themselves spent more than 16 million on research in 2013.
you are full of yourself, and full of crap too.
Wow. That's a lot. What was Pfizer's revenue in 2013?
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

Judged:

Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. That's a lot. What was Pfizer's revenue in 2013?
shareholder meeting this month, but 50 billion is expected.

now go refill your crack pipe and make us laugh some more about your brilliance.

celebrex lost patent alone exceeds your failed ignorant statement.

you prove daily the income disparity of this country....at minimum wage you are grossly overpaid.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The National Science Foundation has spent nearly $700,000 on a climate change-themed theatrical production, leaving some in Congress questioning if the organization's grant funds could be put to better use.
Rep. Lamar Smith, R-Texas, questioned White House science czar John Holdren in a hearing last Thursday about the way the NSF is using taxpayer money -- including on the grants for the play, a New York production called "The Great Immensity."
“I support basic research, which can lead to discoveries that change our world, expand our horizons and save lives,” Smith, chairman of the House Science Committee, told FoxNews.com .“But NSF has funded too many questionable research grants. Spending taxpayer dollars to fund a climate change musical called ‘The Great Immensity’ sounds more like a waste of taxpayer dollars -- money that could have funded higher priority research.”
We report----you decide.
That's just precious, a fool drooling over any crap that fuxed-up news puts out. Texas politicians and science are two whole different things. As usual another Texan showed his lack of brains during that hearing:

https://youtube.com/watch...
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

Link didn't work. It's the video of Randy Weber(R-Tx) showing just how clueless and idiotic some of the members are on that "panel". Just another HUGE waste of taxpayers money.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

Judged:

woo-boy wrote:
Link didn't work. It's the video of Randy Weber(R-Tx) showing just how clueless and idiotic some of the members are on that "panel". Just another HUGE waste of taxpayers money.
what does it matter?

66% of the tax money collected in entirety of all States and Nation are wasted.

your example is chump change, and government officials would not even bend over to pick up that pittance.

get a grip.
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

Reality Speaks wrote:
science project for Canton.
what has been the temperature for the last 1000 April 1st in Canton Ohio?
1000 is a mere 1% of Canton's existence.
after the glacier melted, was root cause for the heat that melted the ice due to camp fires smoke?
were the polar bears starving because they could not break ice?
and did your scientists prove Global warming due to man made pollution before man was on Earth?
I proved you a moron on 1st post....this science experiment of fact has more evidence than your scientists do regarding global anything.
today is your national holiday.....fools day.
The article that I posted from Scientific American already specifically covers your lame oil lobby propaganda you desperately cling to.. I forget. Is Scientific American more legit when it comes to science than a truck driver, a Republican from Texas or a salesman who thinks he's part of the 1%. Hey, every cold day to you proved there was no such thing as climate change. 63 degreed today. You be sure to ignore that one. Big Daddy Koch says today's temperature isn't real. Just like the HOTTEST DECADE IN RECORDED HISTORY (Also see you guys claiming climate change didn't exist at all back then) and 30,000 record high temps in one year, and that's just in the US. None of those documented facts are real. I would say that April Fool's day fits you, but then even a fool is right once and awhile. Your zero percent hit rate is well beyond a fool and deeper into the retardation range.
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
We report----you decide.
So I provide a link from Scientific American to back up my claims on climate science and you provide an opinion from a Republican in Texas and a link to Fox News for your science. Thanks for clearing all that up. It would be fun to compare the IQ of an average truck driver to the IQ of an expert in global climate science. Where's that leave you? Oh that's right. That leaves you saddled up next to morons like Reality Speaks, and it leaves me saddled up next to the overwhelming majority of the scientific community.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
what does it matter?
66% of the tax money collected in entirety of all States and Nation are wasted.
your example is chump change, and government officials would not even bend over to pick up that pittance.
get a grip.
That sandbox and your imaginary race cars are waiting on you.
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

Hey neat. They are calling for temps in the 80s next week. I forget. Is that normal for the start of April in Ohio? Oh, that's right. All the corporate fetch boys are too busy crawling on their bellies like coward dogs for the boss man to hear the truth of the matter.

Stick your fingers in your ears when I state that it will be in the 80s next week and go "La la la la la la la la la". You can't even begin to fathom how utterly stupid you Tea Bagging Koch wh0res seem to the majority of this nation.
Luckily, ALL of the smart people in this country agree with me when it comes to climate science.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

Judged:

Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
The article that I posted from Scientific American already specifically covers your lame oil lobby propaganda you desperately cling to.. I forget. Is Scientific American more legit when it comes to science than a truck driver, a Republican from Texas or a salesman who thinks he's part of the 1%. Hey, every cold day to you proved there was no such thing as climate change. 63 degreed today. You be sure to ignore that one. Big Daddy Koch says today's temperature isn't real. Just like the HOTTEST DECADE IN RECORDED HISTORY (Also see you guys claiming climate change didn't exist at all back then) and 30,000 record high temps in one year, and that's just in the US. None of those documented facts are real. I would say that April Fool's day fits you, but then even a fool is right once and awhile. Your zero percent hit rate is well beyond a fool and deeper into the retardation range.
your hysterical, and should have a TV show.

science is only viable with proven experiments and research.

your data is a snapshot in time.

your entire range of data collected in comparison to age of Earth is similar to a 100th of a second in a 50 years span.

some science junior. By using your definition of science, we are in an economic boom time.

and because you are forced to lie and spin your every word to keep the world from laughing at you is fun, so I took it upon myself to antagonize your lunacy.

Like a baby Bluegill....you bite on anything.

PS: Science experiment for loons.

fill a glass with ice and fill to rim with water. Watch glass overflow as water melts?
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

Judged:

woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>That sandbox and your imaginary race cars are waiting on you.
what is hysterical is your imagination.

and how much you betting on a race?

you pick my wife's car or mine...either do.

If you want to race the pickup then I want a rolling start.

if you don't possess a documented 10 second vehicle you will lose so don't waste anyones fuel.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

Judged:

Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
So I provide a link from Scientific American to back up my claims on climate science and you provide an opinion from a Republican in Texas and a link to Fox News for your science. Thanks for clearing all that up. It would be fun to compare the IQ of an average truck driver to the IQ of an expert in global climate science. Where's that leave you? Oh that's right. That leaves you saddled up next to morons like Reality Speaks, and it leaves me saddled up next to the overwhelming majority of the scientific community.
flawed science........next!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Westlake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Wed Marvin Levels 188
Rattlesnake Island Revealed (Sep '08) Aug 16 Sam 21
FitzGerald says there was nothing improper in 2... Aug 9 mike 2
Call about suspicious car led Westlake police t... Aug 3 Conrad 1
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) Aug 2 gary 2,230
Review: North Ridge Christian Life Church (Jan '13) Jul 28 Don 23
roof cleaning Jul 25 Sheila Walshin 1

Search the Westlake Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Westlake Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Westlake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE