Canton

Canton, OH

#27010 Mar 17, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Twenty-year hiatus in rising temperatures has climate scientists puzzled
GRAHAM LLOYD, ENVIRONMENT EDITOR THE AUSTRALIAN MARCH 30, 2013 12:00AM
DEBATE about the reality of a two-decade pause in global warming and what it means has made its way from the sceptical fringe to the mainstream.
In a lengthy article this week, The Economist magazine said if climate scientists were credit-rating agencies, then climate sensitivity - the way climate reacts to changes in carbon-dioxide levels - would be on negative watch but not yet downgraded.
Another paper published by leading climate scientist James Hansen, the head of NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies, says the lower than expected temperature rise between 2000 and the present could be explained by increased emissions from burning coal.
For Hansen the pause is a fact, but it's good news that probably won't last.
International Panel on Climate Change chairman Rajendra Pachauri recently told The Weekend Australian the hiatus would have to last 30 to 40 years "at least" to break the long-term warming trend.
But the fact that global surface temperatures have not followed the expected global warming pattern is now widely accepted.
Research by Ed Hawkins of University of Reading shows surface temperatures since 2005 are already at the low end of the range projections derived from 20 climate models and if they remain flat, they will fall outside the models' range within a few years.
"The global temperature standstill shows that climate models are diverging from observations," says David Whitehouse of the Global Warming Policy Foundation.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/features...
David Whitehouse works for an climate change denial "think tank" in the UK, so we'll skip his opinion. Seems Ed Hawkins has a little more to say on the subject of climate change than just what you have posted above...https://www.skepticals cience.com/hawkins-hiatus-gif. html
Canton

Canton, OH

#27014 Mar 17, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I don't know what you're talking about because the link doesn't work and you don't know how to post hyperlinks. When you post a link, you have to give it a lot of space for it to come up hyper. That's why I post my links at least one line space under what I'm typing or pasting.
In any case, we can go on all day and night posting links. But the bottom line is that there are plenty of people that buy into this climate change thing as those that don't. And if you so believe that money is a motivator in climate change, it certainly goes both ways.
You wont' find one conservative that doesn't want clean air ...As government keeps on sucking money out of our pockets, it further restrains our ability to circulate money, buy things, make improvements and so on. Government is choking America for the so-called betterment. At this rate, soon we will be a nation with no money to spend because government regulated or sucked it all out of society.
Right blah blah corporate fetch boy, blah. If everyone is taking all our money, then why have CEO salaries increased exponentially, while middle class working America has flat lined? Why are you so ready to turn a blind eye to the real problem with this country, while claiming "Commiecare" took your health insurance? Just like millions of Americans, perhaps you could go to healthcare.gov and find yourself some better health insurance. I would give you a direct link, but if for some reason the hyperlink doesn't paste right and you would have to copy it instead, it would obviously send your whole world spiraling into chaos. I don't believe you when you say your employer dropped your health care by the way, but just like Reality fishing in a parking lot on Christmas day, people can say anything on here. Like you claiming there are just as many people who deny climate change, as there are who know it is happening. You will not find one legitimate link that states anything other than the FACT that the overwhelming majority of the scientific community believes in climate change. Not only that, but you will find the overwhelming majority of who people who claim to deny climate change are paid by the energy industry or a corporate mouthpiece. Wonder why? Now if you don't mind, I'm going to read a recent article about Duke oil company dumping toxic waste into the water supply. Wonder how the CEO of that company is doing? Wonder if Obamacare took all his money? CEOs annual income growing EXPONENTIALLY. Do the math.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#27015 Mar 17, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
How much money do we have to contribute towards clean air and water and is it going to solve anything? So far, it hasn't.
When is the last time you heard about someone dying from cholera? Any of your friends ever contract typhoid fever? Those terrible diseases are now all but unknown in the U.S. because of the legislation which mandated water treatment.

And, living in Cleveland, you should be well aware of the dramatic changes in the cleanliness of the Cuyahoga River over the last 50 years.

"The first time Gene Roberts fell into the Cuyahoga River, he worried he might die. The year was 1963, and the river was still an open sewer for industrial waste. Walking home, Mr. Roberts smelled so bad that his friends ran to stay upwind of him.

Recently, Mr. Roberts returned to the river carrying his fly-fishing rod. In 20 minutes, he caught six smallmouth bass.“It’s a miracle,” said Mr. Roberts, 58.“The river has come back to life.”

Monday is the 40th anniversary of the Cuyahoga River fire of 1969, when oil-soaked debris floating on the river’s surface was ignited, most likely by sparks from a passing train....it became a galvanizing symbol for the environmental movement, one of a handful of disasters that led to the creation of the Environmental Protection Agency and to the passage of the Clean Water Act."

"Today, the Cuyahoga is home to more than 60 species of fish, said Jim White, executive director of the Cuyahoga River Community Planning Organization, a nonprofit group that coordinates cleanup efforts. Beavers, blue herons and bald eagles nest along the river’s banks."

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/21/us/21river....
outside

United States

#27016 Mar 18, 2014
We want ted
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#27017 Mar 18, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Right blah blah corporate fetch boy, blah. If everyone is taking all our money, then why have CEO salaries increased exponentially, while middle class working America has flat lined? Why are you so ready to turn a blind eye to the real problem with this country, while claiming "Commiecare" took your health insurance? Just like millions of Americans, perhaps you could go to healthcare.gov and find yourself some better health insurance. I would give you a direct link, but if for some reason the hyperlink doesn't paste right and you would have to copy it instead, it would obviously send your whole world spiraling into chaos. I don't believe you when you say your employer dropped your health care by the way, but just like Reality fishing in a parking lot on Christmas day, people can say anything on here. Like you claiming there are just as many people who deny climate change, as there are who know it is happening. You will not find one legitimate link that states anything other than the FACT that the overwhelming majority of the scientific community believes in climate change. Not only that, but you will find the overwhelming majority of who people who claim to deny climate change are paid by the energy industry or a corporate mouthpiece. Wonder why? Now if you don't mind, I'm going to read a recent article about Duke oil company dumping toxic waste into the water supply. Wonder how the CEO of that company is doing? Wonder if Obamacare took all his money? CEOs annual income growing EXPONENTIALLY. Do the math.
People who add value are compensated for it.

People spent 50% more time being educated than you, and work double the hours you do.

you want paid the same in your fantasy....notice everyone laughing at you?

no go step and fetch your excuses for your failure from Human services.

do the math.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#27018 Mar 18, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I don't know what you're talking about because the link doesn't work and you don't know how to post hyperlinks. When you post a link, you have to give it a lot of space for it to come up hyper. That's why I post my links at least one line space under what I'm typing or pasting.
In any case, we can go on all day and night posting links. But the bottom line is that there are plenty of people that buy into this climate change thing as those that don't. And if you so believe that money is a motivator in climate change, it certainly goes both ways.
You wont' find one conservative that doesn't want clean air or water. Our position though is the money factor. How much money do we have to contribute towards clean air and water and is it going to solve anything? So far, it hasn't.
The money being sucked out of our checking accounts is extensive, but not really traceable unless you follow it closely. It's intrinsic in all products we buy. I know this because I'm in the transportation business. I know the costs my employer has to pass on to our customers. I know our customers have to pass all these costs to us the consumer when we go and purchase those products.
It's not just Green that sucks that money out, it's medical care, Commie Care, insurance and so on. It hits us when we're not even looking. But this giant vacuum has one common denominator, and that is government. The more we support such government, the more it costs all Americans, and the less money we have to circulate in our economy.
Sorry I'm a little touchy right now, but my employer called me into his office today and told me to close the door. When he says that, it's trouble.
I found out that my employer is discontinuing our healthcare coverage. Yes, because of Commie Care; another giant government vacuum. With this new contract and last years, his premiums went up 30%. He can no longer afford it and can't pass that extreme cost to our customers any longer. So for the fist time in my 35 years of full-time employment, I will be without healthcare insurance as of the beginning of April. I don't know if I can afford my own and I doubt if I can. But if I do get coverage, it's more money out of circulation in our society just like climate change.
As government keeps on sucking money out of our pockets, it further restrains our ability to circulate money, buy things, make improvements and so on. Government is choking America for the so-called betterment. At this rate, soon we will be a nation with no money to spend because government regulated or sucked it all out of society.
Pure B.S. LIES. You're pathetic. If it's so bad here your lover Putin will welcome you with open arms. Must be a real,real small company for him to tell you in private. NAH, you're just a liar.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#27019 Mar 18, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
People spent 50% more time being educated than you, and work double the hours you do.
do the math.
Most people do know that you are nothing but a bloomin' idiot.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#27020 Mar 18, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Most people do know that you are nothing but a bloomin' idiot.
said the Private of the mutt pack loser squad.

fact check.......... while you run your mouth in waverly accomplishing nothing, some of us will go to work today.

Is it unfair that those who work earn more than those who don't ?

Only a blooming idiot thinks yapping on the internet about social justice will fix their situation, and looks everyday in the mailbox for a check from someone or thing that agreed with their fantasy.

getting out and being recognized as quality worker pays better than whining FYI.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#27021 Mar 18, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
said the Private of the mutt pack loser squad.
fact check.......... while you run your mouth in waverly accomplishing nothing, some of us will go to work today.
Is it unfair that those who work earn more than those who don't ?
Only a blooming idiot thinks yapping on the internet about social justice will fix their situation, and looks everyday in the mailbox for a check from someone or thing that agreed with their fantasy.
getting out and being recognized as quality worker pays better than whining FYI.
You do know that playing in that sandbox in your mommy's back yard with those hundredthousand dollar racemupcars isn't very productive. It's not called work either.
Canton

Canton, OH

#27022 Mar 18, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
do the math.
Gee little huffy the parking lot fisherman. In the real world, CEOs are handed companies by their fathers who started the company for some pocket lint and a wooden nickle. No special money making powers. No secret education magic. Just an inept, bloated idiot, riding their parents coat tails, who runs the company into the ground at the cost of the American workers you despise so much. If you had EVER had to earn what you have instead of your parents paying your lazy country club powdered wig sissy way, you'd know this is a fact. Only a little Putin fan corporate fetch boy would think boss man works harder than the employees.

I don't notice anyone "laughing" at me , but I did notice how you flounder around the forum like a spindly scarecrow, blurting out absurd predictions of your scared and laughable little fantasy world where somehow you are still relevant in this country. You know, the reason why everyone on here can rattle off five things you have said that make you look like a moron at any given moment. Hey, how's Texas doing after being divided into five states? Aaaaaaah ha ha ha ha ha ha! How weak.
Canton

Canton, OH

#27023 Mar 18, 2014
How sad, that in 2014, we still have to listen to the nutball notions of a group of unproven religious people claiming God is on their side and that the sooner the end of the world comes, the sooner Jesus will return and prove them right. If the Bible is correct, and as many rightwing Christian nutballs like to claim, "the end is near", then why do any of you care about our nation's debt? It certainly explains why you have not a shred of decency or even preservation for the human race when it comes to turning our world into a toxic wasteland for a buck, and screwing future generations for your own greed. Who cares, right? Jesus will be back any minute now. How both sad and disgusting. Just a doomsday oil cult in this modern age.
Canton

Canton, OH

#27024 Mar 18, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>You do know that playing in that sandbox in your mommy's back yard with those hundredthousand dollar racemupcars isn't very productive. It's not called work either.
That old woman who used to circle around her students like an unprofessional sex vulture isn't his mother.
Republican 101

Van Wert, OH

#27025 Mar 18, 2014
Canton wrote:
How sad, that in 2014, we still have to listen to the nutball notions of a group of unproven religious people claiming God is on their side and that the sooner the end of the world comes, the sooner Jesus will return and prove them right. If the Bible is correct, and as many rightwing Christian nutballs like to claim, "the end is near", then why do any of you care about our nation's debt? It certainly explains why you have not a shred of decency or even preservation for the human race when it comes to turning our world into a toxic wasteland for a buck, and screwing future generations for your own greed. Who cares, right? Jesus will be back any minute now. How both sad and disgusting. Just a doomsday oil cult in this modern age.
On the plus side, Dahmer's fascist lapdog finally STFU with his "special" brand of maniacal religious fanaticism, so it's not ALL bad.
ROFLMAO
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#27030 Mar 18, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you're saying is that if we took the CEO's money away from him or her, that would help you or others? Explain that.
If you operate a drill press, and your employer is paying you $15.00 per hour, he is paying you that amount of money because he can make $30.00 per hour off of your work. Same with a CEO. If a company is giving a CEO a 5 million dollar bonus, it's likely because that CEO is bringing in 9 million dollars in work to that company. That's why companies pay their CEO's that kind of money.
Now when you can bring your employer 9 million dollars of work, he will pay you a 5 million dollar bonus too. See how it all works now? It works that way in sports, it works that way in entertainment, it works that way in the music industry, it works that way for everything.
This is not to mention that without that CEO making good decisions for his company, those lowly workers might not even have a job without him.
Yeah, the first thing my boss showed me was the Commie Care site. He had it on his computer before he even called me in. He only answered the primary questions on my part such as my age and how much I make at our company. The plans that came up were five to eight thousand dollar deductibles. And I would have to pay for any of those plans with after-tax money. I'm sure those prices that he showed me would be double after I punched in my medical conditions and my actual adjusted income.
BUT BUT BUT YOU'VE ALWAYS TOOK CARE OF YOURSELF. Guess you haven't huh. By the way, Iv'e built things that you have probably drove by, you drive a truck.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#27031 Mar 18, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>BUT BUT BUT YOU'VE ALWAYS TOOK CARE OF YOURSELF. Guess you haven't huh. By the way, Iv'e built things that you have probably drove by, you drive a truck.
XXX wasn't being particularly specific but if YOU libs want to twist, avoid or duck the facts, go right ahead. It just proves you to be all of the more stupid, superficial thinking & aggressive when you are wrong.
I am more than content to NOT be such a putz as you & so happy to have a brain.
It is HONORABLE to admit that one is wrong & has changed their mind. YOU have NO honor. Sad sad
Canton

Canton, OH

#27033 Mar 18, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you're saying is that if we took the CEO's money away from him or her, that would help you or others? Explain that.
If you operate a drill press, and your employer is paying you $15.00 per hour, he is paying you that amount of money because he can make $30.00 per hour off of your work. Same with a CEO. If a company is giving a CEO a 5 million dollar bonus, it's likely because that CEO is bringing in 9 million dollars in work to that company. That's why companies pay their CEO's that kind of money.
Now when you can bring your employer 9 million dollars of work, he will pay you a 5 million dollar bonus too. See how it all works now? It works that way in sports, it works that way in entertainment, it works that way in the music industry, it works that way for everything.
This is not to mention that without that CEO making good decisions for his company, those lowly workers might not even have a job without him.
Yeah, the first thing my boss showed me was the Commie Care site. He had it on his computer before he even called me in. He only answered the primary questions on my part such as my age and how much I make at our company. The plans that came up were five to eight thousand dollar deductibles. And I would have to pay for any of those plans with after-tax money. I'm sure those prices that he showed me would be double after I punched in my medical conditions and my actual adjusted income.
How extreme. No need to "take all the CEO's money". How about the CEOs only make 400 times more than the employees, instead of 480, and the employees get paid enough to not be on all those social programs you hate so much, and to actually be able to afford to purchase the products the "job creators" are selling from right here in the United States. You know, like the Unions were saying back in the 70s..."Buy American". Then of course there are all those bonuses those CEOs like to give themselves, and their love of having their headquarters located in America, yet do everything under the sun to avoid paying taxes or to be responsible for their industries destroying our land to the point that they have truck drivers barking out their corporate/political agendas without the slightest idea why and in the face of the middle class working man's best interests.
Canton

Canton, OH

#27034 Mar 18, 2014
You can pretend that the enormous wealth gap created by the greedy 1% in this country isn't the main reason our middle class are sinking but don't expect the hard working voters of this nation to dance along in your fool's parade. The GOP has catered to Tea Bagging religious extremists, theocratic fascism and anti-environmental corporate agendas and you guys want to blame the Democrats? Good luck selling that one to the younger generations when they have all seen how out of touch you Lawrence Welk fans are a decade before they can even vote. Probably yet another conniving reason why your camp tries to suppress voting so much. Also probably the reason why so many rightwing Tea Bagger nutballs are writing children's books that rewrite history and are aimed at those too young to call you guys out on your greed and hate.

Hey, at least when they are choking on the air and getting cancer from the drinking water and riots, death and famine are consuming the world from the affects of climate change, you guys will go down in history as the people who not only caused it, but fought to make it that way.
ino

Ashburn, VA

#27035 Mar 18, 2014
So you are saying you go along with all the Socialist agendas? Why the bitterness and hate toward our country ? All your goals are listed in the Socialist of America agenda.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#27036 Mar 19, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>BUT BUT BUT YOU'VE ALWAYS TOOK CARE OF YOURSELF. Guess you haven't huh. By the way, Iv'e built things that you have probably drove by, you drive a truck.
your snowman you built melted.

lots of kids build snowmen.

you want a trophy for doing normal activity.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#27037 Mar 19, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>XXX wasn't being particularly specific but if YOU libs want to twist, avoid or duck the facts, go right ahead. It just proves you to be all of the more stupid, superficial thinking & aggressive when you are wrong.
I am more than content to NOT be such a putz as you & so happy to have a brain.
It is HONORABLE to admit that one is wrong & has changed their mind. YOU have NO honor. Sad sad
If you want to believe his lies then go right ahead. I have more brains than that. The last time I worked at a job making a little over 20 grand a year it was still a decent wage. Did you use the subsidy for your policy?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westlake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
North Ridgeville Internet Providers (Nov '07) Nov 7 MaryEllen Minter 5
Items (Oct '11) Nov 1 Kim 2
Trick or treating Nov 1 Jessica 1
republicans take the senate and america gets be... Oct '14 tommorrow 1
Obituaries 10/26/11 (Nov '11) Oct '14 Roger and Terri 42
Pandrangi Tower will open soon at Southwest Gen... Oct '14 Ivieivy 1
Wholesale Medical Marijuana supplier Oct '14 good stuff 1
Westlake Dating
Find my Match

Westlake People Search