Who do you support for Governor in Oh...
Canton

Canton, OH

#26995 Mar 17, 2014
"A University of California-Berkeley study on earth surface temperatures, financed in large part by Libertarian petrochemical billionaire Charles Koch's foundation, has found that global warming is indeed happening and that the emissions of greenhouse gases are truly caused by humans."
Canton

Canton, OH

#26997 Mar 17, 2014
Thanks "job creators". You obviously should be completely deregulated and allowed to decide for yourselves what is best for society. Be sure to publically cry extra loud for the lumps of unborn cells as you dump that into the water supply...

A new study by the Harvard School of Public Health has found a link between exposure to toxic "industrial chemicals" and a recent spike in children with autism, ADHD and dyslexia.

HSPH adjunct professor of environmental health Philippe Grandjean says there is a "silent pandemic" of children experiencing cognitive delays caused by exposure to "neurointoxicants."

The greatest concern is the large numbers of children who are affected by toxic damage to brain development in the absence of a formal diagnosis. They suffer reduced attention span, delayed development, and poor school performance. Industrial chemicals are now emerging as likely causes.

The report has added six chemicals to the list of those believed to contribute to developmental disabilities, including manganese - "associated with diminished intellectual function and impaired motor skills" - and a solvent "linked to hyperactivity and aggressive behavior."
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#26998 Mar 17, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
reminds me of when computers went down, and WalMart shoppers and EBT cards went on spending spree.
or the 1000's in office who steal daily.
Honesty?
it is extinct.
So, everything that you post is just a deception? Or do you consider yourself an exception to this rule?

Honesty is not extinct. But it may be on the endangered species list.
Canton

Canton, OH

#26999 Mar 17, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened to those scandals? They talk about these ongoing investigations on Bill O' and Fox all the time. Sorry you're missing them. Stick with MSM or wherever you're not getting your information from. I'm sure they'll lead you in the right direction. And if anybody aks, just plead the Fifth.
I'm guessing most intelligent folks gave up on following all those "scandals" after the first ten or so were proven to be bogus. How about you?

Why would I watch obvious leftist propaganda shows when I have already made it very clear that I am much too smart to buy into it? Now about you gobbling up that right wing propaganda from Rush Limbaugh, Fox News...
Canton

Canton, OH

#27000 Mar 17, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
So, everything that you post is just a deception? Or do you consider yourself an exception to this rule?
Honesty is not extinct. But it may be on the endangered species list.
Strange that Reality would think honesty is gone when 76% of the nation is Christian, and the Bible clearly states you shouldn't lie. Wisdom tells us that writing a symphony for a chimp is a bad idea, no matter how much time you put into it or even how beautiful it may sound. None of that matters if your audience is still just a chimp. That's where Reality fits into this picture.
Canton

Canton, OH

#27001 Mar 17, 2014
Fox News...what's not to trust? Except for everything...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_News_Channel...
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#27002 Mar 17, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange that Reality would think honesty is gone when 76% of the nation is Christian, and the Bible clearly states you shouldn't lie. Wisdom tells us that writing a symphony for a chimp is a bad idea, no matter how much time you put into it or even how beautiful it may sound. None of that matters if your audience is still just a chimp. That's where Reality fits into this picture.
can you be trusted?
Canton

Canton, OH

#27004 Mar 17, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
can you be trusted?
We'll let every single post I have ever made on here be the judge of that. Have I been caught lying on this forum? Nope. Now how about you? Your wife still making six figures filing papers?
Canton

Canton, OH

#27005 Mar 17, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Well let's use your logic both ways here. Isn't it possible that climate change deniers in the scientific community have that very integrity that you write of?
If you can agree to that, then perhaps you should be responding to Canton since he believes that when it comes to CC deniers, it's all about money and they'll tell you anything to get that money.
I was just trying to show Canton how it does go both ways. Can money corrupt anybody or just who Canton thinks it can corrupt?
So Old Guys says you are being evasive and you blame me? Such a stand up kind of guy, XXX. Since you are just a regular Joe who loves his crude oil, you should change your name to XXXon Mobil.
Canton

Canton, OH

#27006 Mar 17, 2014
Sure, those climate change deniers seem legit. Nothing says "legit" like having to hide where your money is coming from.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/dar...
Canton

Canton, OH

#27010 Mar 17, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Twenty-year hiatus in rising temperatures has climate scientists puzzled
GRAHAM LLOYD, ENVIRONMENT EDITOR THE AUSTRALIAN MARCH 30, 2013 12:00AM
DEBATE about the reality of a two-decade pause in global warming and what it means has made its way from the sceptical fringe to the mainstream.
In a lengthy article this week, The Economist magazine said if climate scientists were credit-rating agencies, then climate sensitivity - the way climate reacts to changes in carbon-dioxide levels - would be on negative watch but not yet downgraded.
Another paper published by leading climate scientist James Hansen, the head of NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies, says the lower than expected temperature rise between 2000 and the present could be explained by increased emissions from burning coal.
For Hansen the pause is a fact, but it's good news that probably won't last.
International Panel on Climate Change chairman Rajendra Pachauri recently told The Weekend Australian the hiatus would have to last 30 to 40 years "at least" to break the long-term warming trend.
But the fact that global surface temperatures have not followed the expected global warming pattern is now widely accepted.
Research by Ed Hawkins of University of Reading shows surface temperatures since 2005 are already at the low end of the range projections derived from 20 climate models and if they remain flat, they will fall outside the models' range within a few years.
"The global temperature standstill shows that climate models are diverging from observations," says David Whitehouse of the Global Warming Policy Foundation.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/features...
David Whitehouse works for an climate change denial "think tank" in the UK, so we'll skip his opinion. Seems Ed Hawkins has a little more to say on the subject of climate change than just what you have posted above...https://www.skepticals cience.com/hawkins-hiatus-gif. html
Canton

Canton, OH

#27014 Mar 17, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I don't know what you're talking about because the link doesn't work and you don't know how to post hyperlinks. When you post a link, you have to give it a lot of space for it to come up hyper. That's why I post my links at least one line space under what I'm typing or pasting.
In any case, we can go on all day and night posting links. But the bottom line is that there are plenty of people that buy into this climate change thing as those that don't. And if you so believe that money is a motivator in climate change, it certainly goes both ways.
You wont' find one conservative that doesn't want clean air ...As government keeps on sucking money out of our pockets, it further restrains our ability to circulate money, buy things, make improvements and so on. Government is choking America for the so-called betterment. At this rate, soon we will be a nation with no money to spend because government regulated or sucked it all out of society.
Right blah blah corporate fetch boy, blah. If everyone is taking all our money, then why have CEO salaries increased exponentially, while middle class working America has flat lined? Why are you so ready to turn a blind eye to the real problem with this country, while claiming "Commiecare" took your health insurance? Just like millions of Americans, perhaps you could go to healthcare.gov and find yourself some better health insurance. I would give you a direct link, but if for some reason the hyperlink doesn't paste right and you would have to copy it instead, it would obviously send your whole world spiraling into chaos. I don't believe you when you say your employer dropped your health care by the way, but just like Reality fishing in a parking lot on Christmas day, people can say anything on here. Like you claiming there are just as many people who deny climate change, as there are who know it is happening. You will not find one legitimate link that states anything other than the FACT that the overwhelming majority of the scientific community believes in climate change. Not only that, but you will find the overwhelming majority of who people who claim to deny climate change are paid by the energy industry or a corporate mouthpiece. Wonder why? Now if you don't mind, I'm going to read a recent article about Duke oil company dumping toxic waste into the water supply. Wonder how the CEO of that company is doing? Wonder if Obamacare took all his money? CEOs annual income growing EXPONENTIALLY. Do the math.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#27015 Mar 17, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
How much money do we have to contribute towards clean air and water and is it going to solve anything? So far, it hasn't.
When is the last time you heard about someone dying from cholera? Any of your friends ever contract typhoid fever? Those terrible diseases are now all but unknown in the U.S. because of the legislation which mandated water treatment.

And, living in Cleveland, you should be well aware of the dramatic changes in the cleanliness of the Cuyahoga River over the last 50 years.

"The first time Gene Roberts fell into the Cuyahoga River, he worried he might die. The year was 1963, and the river was still an open sewer for industrial waste. Walking home, Mr. Roberts smelled so bad that his friends ran to stay upwind of him.

Recently, Mr. Roberts returned to the river carrying his fly-fishing rod. In 20 minutes, he caught six smallmouth bass.“It’s a miracle,” said Mr. Roberts, 58.“The river has come back to life.”

Monday is the 40th anniversary of the Cuyahoga River fire of 1969, when oil-soaked debris floating on the river’s surface was ignited, most likely by sparks from a passing train....it became a galvanizing symbol for the environmental movement, one of a handful of disasters that led to the creation of the Environmental Protection Agency and to the passage of the Clean Water Act."

"Today, the Cuyahoga is home to more than 60 species of fish, said Jim White, executive director of the Cuyahoga River Community Planning Organization, a nonprofit group that coordinates cleanup efforts. Beavers, blue herons and bald eagles nest along the river’s banks."

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/21/us/21river....
outside

United States

#27016 Mar 18, 2014
We want ted
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#27017 Mar 18, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Right blah blah corporate fetch boy, blah. If everyone is taking all our money, then why have CEO salaries increased exponentially, while middle class working America has flat lined? Why are you so ready to turn a blind eye to the real problem with this country, while claiming "Commiecare" took your health insurance? Just like millions of Americans, perhaps you could go to healthcare.gov and find yourself some better health insurance. I would give you a direct link, but if for some reason the hyperlink doesn't paste right and you would have to copy it instead, it would obviously send your whole world spiraling into chaos. I don't believe you when you say your employer dropped your health care by the way, but just like Reality fishing in a parking lot on Christmas day, people can say anything on here. Like you claiming there are just as many people who deny climate change, as there are who know it is happening. You will not find one legitimate link that states anything other than the FACT that the overwhelming majority of the scientific community believes in climate change. Not only that, but you will find the overwhelming majority of who people who claim to deny climate change are paid by the energy industry or a corporate mouthpiece. Wonder why? Now if you don't mind, I'm going to read a recent article about Duke oil company dumping toxic waste into the water supply. Wonder how the CEO of that company is doing? Wonder if Obamacare took all his money? CEOs annual income growing EXPONENTIALLY. Do the math.
People who add value are compensated for it.

People spent 50% more time being educated than you, and work double the hours you do.

you want paid the same in your fantasy....notice everyone laughing at you?

no go step and fetch your excuses for your failure from Human services.

do the math.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#27018 Mar 18, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I don't know what you're talking about because the link doesn't work and you don't know how to post hyperlinks. When you post a link, you have to give it a lot of space for it to come up hyper. That's why I post my links at least one line space under what I'm typing or pasting.
In any case, we can go on all day and night posting links. But the bottom line is that there are plenty of people that buy into this climate change thing as those that don't. And if you so believe that money is a motivator in climate change, it certainly goes both ways.
You wont' find one conservative that doesn't want clean air or water. Our position though is the money factor. How much money do we have to contribute towards clean air and water and is it going to solve anything? So far, it hasn't.
The money being sucked out of our checking accounts is extensive, but not really traceable unless you follow it closely. It's intrinsic in all products we buy. I know this because I'm in the transportation business. I know the costs my employer has to pass on to our customers. I know our customers have to pass all these costs to us the consumer when we go and purchase those products.
It's not just Green that sucks that money out, it's medical care, Commie Care, insurance and so on. It hits us when we're not even looking. But this giant vacuum has one common denominator, and that is government. The more we support such government, the more it costs all Americans, and the less money we have to circulate in our economy.
Sorry I'm a little touchy right now, but my employer called me into his office today and told me to close the door. When he says that, it's trouble.
I found out that my employer is discontinuing our healthcare coverage. Yes, because of Commie Care; another giant government vacuum. With this new contract and last years, his premiums went up 30%. He can no longer afford it and can't pass that extreme cost to our customers any longer. So for the fist time in my 35 years of full-time employment, I will be without healthcare insurance as of the beginning of April. I don't know if I can afford my own and I doubt if I can. But if I do get coverage, it's more money out of circulation in our society just like climate change.
As government keeps on sucking money out of our pockets, it further restrains our ability to circulate money, buy things, make improvements and so on. Government is choking America for the so-called betterment. At this rate, soon we will be a nation with no money to spend because government regulated or sucked it all out of society.
Pure B.S. LIES. You're pathetic. If it's so bad here your lover Putin will welcome you with open arms. Must be a real,real small company for him to tell you in private. NAH, you're just a liar.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#27019 Mar 18, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
People spent 50% more time being educated than you, and work double the hours you do.
do the math.
Most people do know that you are nothing but a bloomin' idiot.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#27020 Mar 18, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Most people do know that you are nothing but a bloomin' idiot.
said the Private of the mutt pack loser squad.

fact check.......... while you run your mouth in waverly accomplishing nothing, some of us will go to work today.

Is it unfair that those who work earn more than those who don't ?

Only a blooming idiot thinks yapping on the internet about social justice will fix their situation, and looks everyday in the mailbox for a check from someone or thing that agreed with their fantasy.

getting out and being recognized as quality worker pays better than whining FYI.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#27021 Mar 18, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
said the Private of the mutt pack loser squad.
fact check.......... while you run your mouth in waverly accomplishing nothing, some of us will go to work today.
Is it unfair that those who work earn more than those who don't ?
Only a blooming idiot thinks yapping on the internet about social justice will fix their situation, and looks everyday in the mailbox for a check from someone or thing that agreed with their fantasy.
getting out and being recognized as quality worker pays better than whining FYI.
You do know that playing in that sandbox in your mommy's back yard with those hundredthousand dollar racemupcars isn't very productive. It's not called work either.
Canton

Canton, OH

#27022 Mar 18, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
do the math.
Gee little huffy the parking lot fisherman. In the real world, CEOs are handed companies by their fathers who started the company for some pocket lint and a wooden nickle. No special money making powers. No secret education magic. Just an inept, bloated idiot, riding their parents coat tails, who runs the company into the ground at the cost of the American workers you despise so much. If you had EVER had to earn what you have instead of your parents paying your lazy country club powdered wig sissy way, you'd know this is a fact. Only a little Putin fan corporate fetch boy would think boss man works harder than the employees.

I don't notice anyone "laughing" at me , but I did notice how you flounder around the forum like a spindly scarecrow, blurting out absurd predictions of your scared and laughable little fantasy world where somehow you are still relevant in this country. You know, the reason why everyone on here can rattle off five things you have said that make you look like a moron at any given moment. Hey, how's Texas doing after being divided into five states? Aaaaaaah ha ha ha ha ha ha! How weak.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westlake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Patient First - John Kavlich MD (May '09) Sat kkovacic 59
North Ridgeville High School Transportation Aug 17 MonicaC 1
health Aug 12 drwill 1
News Group circulates petitions aimed at keeping Lak... Aug 2 kwarren 1
Loud noise Jul '15 jay 4
Four car windows smashed: Brook Park police blo... Jul '15 kimberly 2
front yards are not storage areas (1895 Columbi... Jul '15 jpritchard 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Westlake Mortgages