|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's exactly what Sarah said to Charlie Gibson of ABC. It was topical when Tina Fey did her impression. Have you forgotten?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =cdftnFjQfzsXX
No, I didn't forget. And your post is 100% correct even tho someone judged it negatively.
Big & Little Diomede .islands are less than 3 miles apart. A person standing on a beach has a far ocean horizon of approx 6 miles so they are easily in sight of each other without standing on high ground.
My research says that during most winters one can walk the ice from one to the other & cross the international date line in the process.
As per your next post, like Palin or not, she wasn't ready for the national stage.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>We kinda' extend over 50 states;
"Kinda" is NOT the 'same as'. What's your point if you have one?
To clarify halfbreeds post....Obama said that he had visited 57 states with one to go so that means he believed that there are 58 states, Coming from a so called 'Constitutional professor' and that's pretty sad. That is way worse than 'potatoe'...way worse.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
He might just be hanging out with those that believe that the Bible is literally true.
"12 Then Joshua spoke to the Lord in the day when the Lord delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel:
“Sun, stand still over Gibeon;
And Moon, in the Valley of Aijalon.”
13 So the sun stood still,
And the moon stopped,
Till the people had revenge
Upon their enemies.
Is this not written in the Book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and did not hasten to go down for about a whole day. "
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
You'll notice that it's not the rotation of the Earth that was stopped by God, but the movement of the Sun. Which suggests that the Sun revolves around the Earth.
"Also troubling is the inability of many Americans to distinguish science from pseudoscience... the most glaring — and embarrassing — finding is that 26 percent of us think the sun orbits the Earth. That’s right. One-fourth of us believe that glowing orb is moving around us instead of the other way around."
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/2014...
Wouldn't it be a matter of perspective as to whether or not the sun stopped? Since we now KNOW that the earth revolves around the sun, the ONLY way for it to remain stationary over the earth would be for the earth to have stopped rotating. There is NO other way. Then add another fact of astronomical physics which is that the earths rotation along with it's speed revolution, helps it maintain it's orbit in respect to other celestial bodies.
I have no problem with your FAITH in the bible teachings, they are personal to each person. But remember that between science & the bible, one is tangible & provable, the other is neither.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

Judged:

Canton wrote:
Joy Kramer, 54, of Georgia, a cancer survivor who may be paying just $210 after being denied :
[S]he’s grateful for the Affordable Care Act, and she doesn’t have much patience with its many critics.
“I think those people have never experienced what I’ve experienced,’’ she says.“They are shutting the door on the cancer survivors and the self-employed.”
I guess that that offsets the young girl that Sebelius wouldn't let have a transplant of adult organs. Good thing that the courts intervened on that one.
koolaid

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

We need ted back
ino

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

Judged:

Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Proven a hoax months ago and shown that it was a hoax on this forum.
Link? It couldn't have been too long ago as some of the data in the document was from Jan. 2014
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

Judged:

ino wrote:
<quoted text>Link? It couldn't have been too long ago as some of the data in the document was from Jan. 2014
Sorry. You are correct. I was thinking of another "Unions hate Obamacare" scandal that turned out to be bogus propaganda. I guess all the fake Tea Bagger scandals have me no longer willing to run when someone cries wolf.
half-breed

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

Pops wrote:
"Kinda" is NOT the 'same as'. What's your point if you have one?
To clarify halfbreeds post....Obama said that he had visited 57 states with one to go so that means he believed that there are 58 states, Coming from a so called 'Constitutional professor' and that's pretty sad. That is way worse than 'potatoe'...way worse.
Then Obama said he hadn't been allowed to go to Alaska & Hawaii, which brought the count up to 60.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

Judged:

half-breed wrote:
<quoted text>
But for some reason, there are only 50 stars on the flag. Maybe because territories aren't real states? Even with the territories counted, though, it doesn't add up to 60.
And just in case there's some confusion about it, corpsman isn't pronounced "corpse-man" and "respect" is spelled with 2 "e"s.
Are you stoned or drunk? WTH does that mean? Stupid? yeah. Elaborate a little bit here just exactly what that last line means.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
You're talking to a person that supports the Party of Excuses. DumBama can do no wrong. That's what makes him such a great President. He's never wrong and nothing is ever his fault.
Just like the crap you posted referring to Michael F. Cannon of the CATO Institute. The well known collection of lying, paid for IDIOTS. His own self-described history shows that. You and your little group can't get much more pathetic and dumbed down than that.

woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

Pops wrote:
<quoted text> "Kinda" is NOT the 'same as'. What's your point if you have one?
Wow, I thought you(at least) could recognize some sarcasm.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

Judged:

Pops wrote:
<quoted text> I guess that that offsets the young girl that Sebelius wouldn't let have a transplant of adult organs. Good thing that the courts intervened on that one.
You better re-check, those guidelines and standards adopted from the MEDICAL COMMUNITY were written out long before she became the director. And accepted by the Government as the Guidelines of organ procurement protocol and standards.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

Judged:

half-breed wrote:
<quoted text>
Then Obama said he hadn't been allowed to go to Alaska & Hawaii, which brought the count up to 60.
I missed that one. Then Obviously he can't count & doesn't know his U.S. history
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

Judged:

woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>You better re-check, those guidelines and standards adopted from the MEDICAL COMMUNITY were written out long before she became the director. And accepted by the Government as the Guidelines of organ procurement protocol and standards.
Even tho doctors advised against her position? Doesn't matter. She is in charge & has authority to mitigate & amend anything that comes under her pervue. Hell, Obama does such just about every week for months & months for the ACA & he is likely not done with that.
That's the M.O. of this administration. Just the same as NOT enforcing existing immigration laws & marijuana laws. I won't even get into the 1st, 2nd & 4th amendments.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, I thought you(at least) could recognize some sarcasm.
That's the best defense that you have...that you were posting sarcasm? Please don't mind if I will pass on that one.
ino

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

Judged:

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2014-03...

Unite Here, a union that represents service industry workers, has released a pretty blistering report condemning Obamacare. The report itself is not particularly interesting; its economic analysis is a mishmash of dubious claims and complaints about giving money to insurers but not to unions. On the other hand, the existence of this report is very interesting indeed -- the miracle is not how well the bear dances but that it dances at all. The spectacle tells you a lot about the politics of the Affordable Care Act and the modern Democratic Party.

In the interest of full disclosure, I should note that my father oversaw labor negotiations for years in his role as the head of a construction trade association, and I believe he still sits on the pension board of a union. I have learned a lot about multiemployer plans from him over the years. However, I did not consult him about this post. From which you may infer that I should call my father more often, and right you are. Sorry, Dad.

But I digress.

Notwithstanding my reservations about the quality of this report, unions actually do have three big problems with Obamacare. As the Official Blog Spouse has chronicled, Obamacare has made things hard for the multiemployer health plans that many unions offer:
ino

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

half-breed

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

Judged:

woo-boy wrote:
Are you stoned or drunk? WTH does that mean? Stupid? yeah. Elaborate a little bit here just exactly what that last line means.
Obama pronounces "corpsman" as "corpse-man", and he doesn't know how to spell "respect".
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

Judged:

half-breed wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama pronounces "corpsman" as "corpse-man", and he doesn't know how to spell "respect".
Wow, so it's been dwindled down to this? Do you REALLY want to talk about Obama misspeaking after 8 years of GW Bush bumbling around? Hell, the man gave an unwanted neck massage to a German chancellor!
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, so it's been dwindled down to this? Do you REALLY want to talk about Obama misspeaking after 8 years of GW Bush bumbling around? Hell, the man gave an unwanted neck massage to a German chancellor!
And Obama took a 'Selfie'. Let's give that crap a break.
It means nothing in the overall scheme of things.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Westlake Discussions

Search the Westlake Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Rattlesnake Island Revealed (Sep '08) Aug 16 Sam 21
FitzGerald says there was nothing improper in 2... Aug 9 mike 2
Call about suspicious car led Westlake police t... Aug 3 Conrad 1
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) Aug 2 gary 2,230
Review: North Ridge Christian Life Church (Jan '13) Jul 28 Don 23
roof cleaning Jul 25 Sheila Walshin 1
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Jul 23 They cannot kill ... 231
•••
•••
•••
•••

Westlake Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Westlake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••