Comments
24,121 - 24,140 of 30,507 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#26630 Mar 7, 2014
half-breed wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless every democrat who voted against the Civil Rights Act left the party afterward, then it looks to me like most of the racists stayed democrat.
"The passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was a significant event in converting the Deep South to the Republican Party; in that year most Senatorial Republicans supported the Act (most of the opposition came from Southern Democrats), but the Republican Party nominated for the Presidency Arizona Senator Barry Goldwater, who had opposed it. From the end of the Civil War to 1960 Democrats had solid control over the southern states in presidential elections, hence the term "Solid South" to describe the states' Democratic preference. After the passage of this Act, however, their willingness to support Republicans on a presidential level increased demonstrably. Goldwater won many of the "Solid South" states over Democratic candidate Lyndon Johnson, himself a Texan, and with many this Republican support continued and seeped down the ballot to congressional, state, and ultimately local levels. A further significant item of legislation was the Voting Rights Act of 1965, which targeted for preclearance by the U.S. Department of Justice any election-law change in areas where African-American voting participation was lower than the norm (most but not all of these areas were in the South); the effect of the Voting Rights Act on southern elections was profound, including the by-product that some White Southerners perceived it as meddling while Black voters universally appreciated it. The trend toward acceptance of Republican identification among Southern White voters was bolstered in the next two elections by the "Southern Strategy" of Richard Nixon."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Democra...
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#26631 Mar 8, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
She didn't, huh?
Ukraine: Sarah Palin and Mitt Romney were right about Russia
The Republicans have been warning us about Russia for years, and we've ignored them every time. They're the little boy who cried wolf. Except that it was a bear and, wouldn't ya know it, the damn thing was real.
First, Sarah Palin. In 2008, the Alaskan conservative warned that Putin was on the prowl. Quote: "After the Russian army invaded the nation of Georgia, Senator Obama's reaction was one of moral indecision and equivalence, the kind of response that would only encourage Russia's Putin to invade Ukraine next."
Wow. Mrs Palin not only got the country that Putin would threaten right, she also predicted the reason behind it. Obama's "indecision and equivalence" over Iran, Egypt and, most importantly, Syria, has probably encouraged Putin to believe that there would be next-to-no Western response to an attack on Ukraine. If Vlad expands his power anymore, Russia won't just be visible from Sarah Palin's house. It'll be visible from the White House, too. Okay, so that's a gross exaggeration – but you get the point. Mrs Palin certainly does, after all she was parodied for her Russophobia in 2008 and is now wallowing in the schadenfreude. "I'm usually not one to Told-Ya-So," she wrote on Facebook, "but I did!" Let her wallow. She's earned this one.
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/timstanley/...
Gee, this was real hard to find. Seems like she and the telegraph has a hard time with facts or the truth;

www.politifact.com/search/...
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#26633 Mar 8, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Politifact can downplay it all they like. The proof is that she made this prediction. It's record as well as liberals that made fun of her at the time.
It's kind of hard for ANYBODY,(some fools excepted) NOT to make fun of somebody so clueless and dumb:

www.politifact.com/personalities/sarah-palin/

www.factcheck.org/tag/sarah-palin/
mutt

Van Wert, OH

#26634 Mar 8, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>It's kind of hard for ANYBODY,(some fools excepted) NOT to make fun of somebody so clueless and dumb:
www.politifact.com/personalities/sarah-palin/
www.factcheck.org/tag/sarah-palin/
She seems to have the support of bible thumping cannibals and uneducated truckers nationwide. Which explains why her political career is doomed.
Hey, while we're on the subject of haggard, irrelevant Fox News bimbos, anyone wanna see a picture of Michele Bachmann deep-throating a corn dog?
Yeah, me neither...
aka Robocall

United States

#26636 Mar 8, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Gee, this was real hard to find. Seems like she and the telegraph has a hard time with facts or the truth;

www.politifact.com/search/...
Do you know what "The Corrupt Bastards Club",(CBC for short), is? It's what Sarah Palin stopped when she became Governor of Alaska. She rooted out all of the sticky-fingered, establishment Democrats and Republicans. This I didn't know until here recently. That in turn, slowed spending down to a manageable level. She may not be the best person ever, but she did make progress up there.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#26637 Mar 8, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, that's the game we're playing now?
http://www.factcheck.org/2009/08/twenty-six-l...
Why did you post this? It seems to be a pretty thorough debunking of a conservative email about all the bad things supposedly present in the Affordable Care Act.

"We can trace the origins of this collection of claims to a conservative blogger who issued his instant and mostly mistaken analyses as brief "tweets" sent via Twitter as he was paging through the 1,017-page bill. The claims have been embraced as true and posted on hundreds of Web sites, and forwarded in the form of chain e-mails countless times. But there’s hardly any truth in them."
Anthony

Cleveland, OH

#26638 Mar 8, 2014
I really don't thing folks truly understand. It doesn't matter if it's a Republican or Democrat, government funding will be cut from cities like East Cleveland or they will receive far less than what they were promised during elections. I know that just as I know every word being typed on my MacBook Pro is being monitored. Check the number of wealthy Democrats vs Republicans that hold seats in the Senate. Ask yourselves, do this folks really relate to my lifestyle? I use to think different until I was set-up by a federal informant relative. I wasn't involved in any criminal activity, we both lived in East Cleveland back in the daze. The set-up happened out of State. I may not had the names of the federal agents, but I checked the judges & their political parties. I checked the Attorney General of the United States from 2004 until Eric Holder took their place. I checked their political agenda & what special interest do they have their money invested in? What's my point? Why do black folks think the Democratic party have some kind of special connection with their lifestyle. I learned CASH IS KING! If you don't have financial security it doesn't matter if you vote Democrat or Republican, you're gonna have to bend over. I no longer live in East Cleveland, but it's sad because I see the property value drop in East Cleveland. I see the lack of interest from capital investors. I see the lack of community pride drop. I hear the rumors from City Hall & I see the finger pointing in City Hall about financial mismanagement. I hear about the crime & I see the decay. Honestly, Democrat Governor, Republican Governor, I don't see East Cleveland from almost going bankrupt. Cities like Cleveland, Ohio kill me, they will elect a Democrat Mayor, but want turn out or support a Democratic Governor. What happens, a Republican Governor is elected & the Governor control budget cuts across the State, but folks will walk around like Cleveland, Ohio inner city program funding will go through because they elected a black Mayor. Governor controls government funding.

Anyway, federal informant I spoke about.
http://whosarat.websitetoolbox.com/post/feder...
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#26639 Mar 8, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, that's the game we're playing now?
http://www.factcheck.org/2009/08/twenty-six-l...
Wow! Just never mind. You just prove how a small mind functions. Your other hero, Michelle Bachmann declared during her CPAC speech that the Tea Party and conservative movements will triumph over progressivism because of the right's because of the right's unstoppable intellectual firepower.

"You see our movement at it's core is an intellectual movement. We are based on the greatest ideas conceived in the mind of man. And I would put those magnificent ideas up against any other idea for freedom in the world."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Oh, there's more, I just had to stop.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#26640 Mar 8, 2014
Woops, one to many because, missed it from laughing too hard.
1 word

Kenton, OH

#26641 Mar 8, 2014
FUCKOFF
half-breed

Chillicothe, OH

#26642 Mar 8, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>It's kind of hard for ANYBODY,(some fools excepted) NOT to make fun of somebody so clueless and dumb:
www.politifact.com/personalities/sarah-palin/
www.factcheck.org/tag/sarah-palin/
Obama: Pants on Fire (1 page)
http://www.politifact.com/personalities/barac...

Obama: False statements (4 pages)
http://www.politifact.com/personalities/barac...

Obama: Mostly-false statements (3 pages)
http://www.politifact.com/personalities/barac...

Obama: Half-true statements (7 pages)
http://www.politifact.com/personalities/barac...
half-breed

Chillicothe, OH

#26643 Mar 8, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
"The passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was a significant event in converting the Deep South to the Republican Party; in that year most Senatorial Republicans supported the Act (most of the opposition came from Southern Democrats), but the Republican Party nominated for the Presidency Arizona Senator Barry Goldwater, who had opposed it. From the end of the Civil War to 1960 Democrats had solid control over the southern states in presidential elections, hence the term "Solid South" to describe the states' Democratic preference. After the passage of this Act, however, their willingness to support Republicans on a presidential level increased demonstrably. Goldwater won many of the "Solid South" states over Democratic candidate Lyndon Johnson, himself a Texan, and with many this Republican support continued and seeped down the ballot to congressional, state, and ultimately local levels. A further significant item of legislation was the Voting Rights Act of 1965, which targeted for preclearance by the U.S. Department of Justice any election-law change in areas where African-American voting participation was lower than the norm (most but not all of these areas were in the South); the effect of the Voting Rights Act on southern elections was profound, including the by-product that some White Southerners perceived it as meddling while Black voters universally appreciated it. The trend toward acceptance of Republican identification among Southern White voters was bolstered in the next two elections by the "Southern Strategy" of Richard Nixon."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Democra...
What point are you trying to make?
Right

Cleveland, OH

#26644 Mar 8, 2014
The political show of the Grand PuppetMaster & the puppet subjects. WHO'S PULLING YOUR STRINGS?
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#26646 Mar 9, 2014
half-breed wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama: Pants on Fire (1 page)
http://www.politifact.com/personalities/barac...
Obama: False statements (4 pages)
http://www.politifact.com/personalities/barac...
Obama: Mostly-false statements (3 pages)
http://www.politifact.com/personalities/barac...
Obama: Half-true statements (7 pages)
http://www.politifact.com/personalities/barac...
Did you bother to read the articles and the explanations for any of those rulings? You left 2 other figures out;

True--113 statements
Mostly true--126 statements
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#26647 Mar 9, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're watching CPAC now? Good for you boy. See how we eventually rub off on you liberals? You can't help yourself. Next you'll be watching Fox news every day and not miss one episode of Bill O'Reilly. Of course during global warming, you'll probably have to record it because you don't want to stay inside.
Hard to miss all the news clips of those idiots spouting pure batshitinsanity. It's funnier than the Comedy Channel. The Snooze Channel and Web page are nothing but a teabag cesspool of dingbats, dumbbells and dickheads. It's a last resort for kinda-sorta-almost journalists whose options have been severely limited by their extreme and intolerant views. Pretty much just a big colostomy bag that's full to the seams.
Their slogan should read 'False Snooze: We read chain emails your grandma gets in her inbox out loud like they were true'.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#26649 Mar 9, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're watching CPAC now? Good for you boy. See how we eventually rub off on you liberals? You can't help yourself. Next you'll be watching Fox news every day and not miss one episode of Bill O'Reilly. Of course during global warming, you'll probably have to record it because you don't want to stay inside.
Have you seen any of the articles of Lyan Paul Ryan and his 'Little Brown Bag' STOLEN story? Those folks will stoop lower than the gutter. The Washington Post Fact Checker has a real good article. Learn something.
half-breed

Chillicothe, OH

#26650 Mar 9, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
Did you bother to read the articles and the explanations for any of those rulings? You left 2 other figures out;
True--113 statements
Mostly true--126 statements
Yep. I was just wondering if you were going to apply the same standard to Obama that you did to Palin, based on his Politifact "record":
"It's kind of hard for ANYBODY,(some fools excepted) NOT to make fun of somebody so clueless and dumb."
half-breed

Chillicothe, OH

#26651 Mar 9, 2014
Where's Canton? Did his mommy & daddy take his computer away?
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#26653 Mar 9, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I think you'd better get used to it because the coming elections are probably going to surprise you. After all, Americans will have two choices: Socialism or Tea Party, and at least according to polls, Americans have had about enough of Socialism.
Hussein is so desperate to save his party from this calamity that he's changed Commie Care over 30 times now--without going through Congress either. Your leader, the President who won Lie Of The Year award in 2012, is not invited to speak on behalf of Democrat representatives facing a challenging reelections. They want him as far away as possible. Who can blame them?
So it might be a good idea to brush up on your Constitution and our founders intent so in the coming years, it won't be like getting slapped in the face with a wet towel once the TP people try to turn this country around.
The big problem that you fools have is your definition of the Constitution and the Supreme Courts definition. They'res count, yours don't. If you look around the country most states that went GOP are having huge buyers remorse. Don't count the chickens too quick.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#26654 Mar 9, 2014
half-breed wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. I was just wondering if you were going to apply the same standard to Obama that you did to Palin, based on his Politifact "record":
"It's kind of hard for ANYBODY,(some fools excepted) NOT to make fun of somebody so clueless and dumb."
Uh- Sarah Loudmouth doesn't have a huge staff giving her the information on just about everything under the sun either. Matter of fact she has nothing on her agenda except making circle-jerk fools like you drool.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westlake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Aug 20 Marvin Levels 188
Rattlesnake Island Revealed (Sep '08) Aug 16 Sam 21
FitzGerald says there was nothing improper in 2... Aug 9 mike 2
Call about suspicious car led Westlake police t... Aug 3 Conrad 1
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) Aug 2 gary 2,230
Review: North Ridge Christian Life Church (Jan '13) Jul '14 Don 23
roof cleaning Jul '14 Sheila Walshin 1
•••
•••
•••

Westlake Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Westlake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Westlake News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Westlake
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••