Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010?

Posted in the Westlake Forum

Comments (Page 1,195)

Showing posts 23,881 - 23,900 of25,331
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone every find out where Obama was during all those hours that the Benghazi embassy was being attacked? Wonder why Obama doesn't answer such a simple question?
"Where were you when Chris Stevens and 3 other Americans were being murdered, Mr. President?"
"uh ... uh ... I uh ... it was the video's fault ... uh ... yeah, yeah, that's the ticket ... uh huh."
Until Obama starts answering some elementary questions, then there's a scandal. He's created it himself.
And as far as you liberals and your so-called "science" goes, you have this fantasy that everything suddenly appeared out of absolutely nothing -- in complete defiance of basic scientific laws -- but somehow it doesn't defy basic scientific laws. Your science is as fuzzy as your math (i.e. spending $7 trillion dollars in 5 years is better than spending $5 trillion in 8 years).
Anyone figure out why the right ignores the 18 embassy attacks on GW Bush's watch? I guess the American lives that were lost in those attacks are just not that important to the Republicans. Strange, seeing how "outraged" they were over common turmoil in that part of the world, on Obama's watch. It's almost as if...nah. It couldn't be. Surely these "Patriots"aren't jumping on any bogus scandal because they don't like black people.
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Getting pregnant does not happen to people that watch too much television. It's not just dumb luck. I never said somebody else getting an abortion is my business. What I am saying is that because we do have legal abortions, people are more careless because there is always an easy out.
If we ever want to really cut unwanted pregnancies, then they need to come out with a male birth control pill.
If people are more careless because abortion is legal, then explain the 13% drop in the abortion rate under this "godless liberal" administration. In fact, I read an article that all the new babies are fueling the housing market. Since most abortions are done by Christian women in this country, it must be due to the 10% drop in those that claim they are Christian in this country, that has caused the drop in abortion.

So housing market growing. Stock Market climbing, manufacturing showing growth, unemployment lower than under Reagan. If only we would have voted for Romney, we could have been at war with Iran right now instead of getting back on our feet.

Since: Jan 13

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
If they had verifiable proof, there wouldn't much of a disagreement.
The only reason bible thumpers disagree is because its easier to use a book of fairy tales as a point of reference than to look at scientific evidence. Denial sure runs deep doesn't it, keep believing the lie.
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Republican 101, I hate to be the one to inform you that his opinion does matter. His taxes pay for some of those abortions.
You mean the same taxes we pay that go to fund public schools? Now about you wanting to force Christian Creationism to be taught in public school science classes...
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Republican 101, I hate to be the one to inform you that his opinion does matter. His taxes pay for some of those abortions.
Only as the law clearly states: Only in the case of RAPE, INCEST or MEDICALLY NECESSARY.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
Democrats in the South didn't change to Republican is the point...
You can keep saying that as much as you like, but it's still not true. Linking to a blog of another misinformed person really doesn't help your case.

"In the 1950s and 1960s, the Republican Party generally opposed desegregation and the Civil Rights Movement. This stance caused a major shift in the voting practices of the African American community to the support of the Democratic Party, the faction which helped legislate laws such as the Voting Rights Act. Party officials, specifically President Richard Nixon's political strategist Kevin Phillips, understood that in order for the Republicans to win the Southern states, they needed to focus their attention on the Caucasian population.

The implementation of the Southern Strategy by the Republican Party represented a major shift in political power in the region. Since the Civil War, the Democratic Party was the primary force in the South due to its support of the region during Reconstruction. In addition, the Republican candidate Abraham Lincoln was seen as the primary instigator of the war by most Southern residents. Between the 1950s and the early 1980s, the South shifted to major support for the Republicans."

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-the-southern-...
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

mutt pretending to be Canton wrote:
Two scientists looking at the same fossil can come up with two different theories about it, and neither one can be proven. The fossil record means absolutely nothing, other than to verify that something lived on the earth at one time.
Of course, since you have no training in science, your opinion doesn't count for much. Among scientists, the fossil record means a great deal. And the vast majority of scientists believe that evidence supports the theory of evolution.

"A 2009 poll by Pew Research Center found that "Nearly all scientists (97%) say humans and other living things have evolved over time 87% say evolution is due to natural processes, such as natural selection."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Level_of_support...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
You can keep saying that as much as you like, but it's still not true. Linking to a blog of another misinformed person really doesn't help your case.
"In the 1950s and 1960s, the Republican Party generally opposed desegregation and the Civil Rights Movement. This stance caused a major shift in the voting practices of the African American community to the support of the Democratic Party, the faction which helped legislate laws such as the Voting Rights Act. Party officials, specifically President Richard Nixon's political strategist Kevin Phillips, understood that in order for the Republicans to win the Southern states, they needed to focus their attention on the Caucasian population.
The implementation of the Southern Strategy by the Republican Party represented a major shift in political power in the region. Since the Civil War, the Democratic Party was the primary force in the South due to its support of the region during Reconstruction. In addition, the Republican candidate Abraham Lincoln was seen as the primary instigator of the war by most Southern residents. Between the 1950s and the early 1980s, the South shifted to major support for the Republicans."
It is true which even FDR & the Democrats were pro segregationist and exempted Blacks and made sure they didnt benefit from the New Deal which is a known fact and it is also a known fact that FDR and the Democrats made sure and mandated in Detroit, MI that a wall be erected to keep blacks on the other side in Detroit since Blacks under the FDR adminstration were not allowed or permitted to live beyond the Detriot Wall in the new all white suburbs of Detroit which is how FDR and the Democrats wanted and they called that Liberalism and the Southern Democrats were Democrats still in the 1960's that held to their beliefs of Liberalism that was founded under FDR is the point and the Southern Democrats did not cross over into Republican Party as Liberal Democrats want to claim and if you want to know I am a Democrat that will tell the truth about the History of the Democrat Party and not afraid to point out the bigots and the bigotry within the Democart Party either.

Detroit Wall

Public or private housing being hard to come by in the city, some African Americans were able to purchase land lots around the Wyoming Avenue and 8 Mile intersection with hopes of eventually building houses. By the late thirties development had reached the northern limits of the city and had surrounded this area with prosperous neighborhoods of single unit family houses. West Outer Drive, Palmer Woods and Sherwood Forest were the all-white neighborhoods in close proximity to this African American enclave. The area was mostly vacant and unattractive to contractors due to its residents as it violated FHA's policy of racially homogeneous neighborhoods. When the FHA was approached by a developer wanting to build an all-white subdivision west of the site, funding was refused because the area was too risky for investment. In a compromise with the FHA, the developer erected the wall that was to divide the "slum" from his new construction project

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detroit_Wall

Why Did FDRs New Deal Harm Blacks?

By Jim Powell

December 3, 2003

http://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/w...
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
Democrats in the South didn't change to Republican is the point...
Old Guy wrote:
You can keep saying that as much as you like, but it's still not true.

"Between the 1950s and the early 1980s, the South shifted to major support for the Republicans."
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
It is true...the Southern Democrats did not cross over into Republican Party as Liberal Democrats want to claim...
Here's the head of the Republican National Committee talking about the Southern Strategy:

"It was called "the southern strategy," started under Richard M. Nixon in 1968, and described Republican efforts to use race as a wedge issue -- on matters such as desegregation and busing -- to appeal to white southern voters.

Ken Mehlman, the Republican National Committee chairman, this morning will tell the NAACP national convention in Milwaukee that it was "wrong."

"By the '70s and into the '80s and '90s, the Democratic Party solidified its gains in the African American community, and we Republicans did not effectively reach out," Mehlman says in his prepared text. "Some Republicans gave up on winning the African American vote, looking the other way or trying to benefit politically from racial polarization. I am here today as the Republican chairman to tell you we were wrong."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Here's the head of the Republican National Committee talking about the Southern Strategy:
"It was called "the southern strategy," started under Richard M. Nixon in 1968, and described Republican efforts to use race as a wedge issue -- on matters such as desegregation and busing -- to appeal to white southern voters.
Ken Mehlman, the Republican National Committee chairman, this morning will tell the NAACP national convention in Milwaukee that it was "wrong."
"By the '70s and into the '80s and '90s, the Democratic Party solidified its gains in the African American community, and we Republicans did not effectively reach out," Mehlman says in his prepared text. "Some Republicans gave up on winning the African American vote, looking the other way or trying to benefit politically from racial polarization. I am here today as the Republican chairman to tell you we were wrong."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...
Nixon was a Liberal too and an American hero of the Left.

Richard Nixon, hero of the American Left

He's justifiably reviled by historians, but Nixon's politics were far more progressive than we give him credit

Emmett Rensin, LA Review of Books

Sunday, May 5, 2013 09:00 AM EDT

http://www.salon.com/2013/05/05/i_was_a_nixon...
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Nixon was a Liberal too and an American hero of the Left.
I can understand why you'd like to change the topic --- wouldn't it be easier just to admit you were mistaken?

I was an adult during Nixon's presidency --- he was never a "hero of the Left."
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
...if you want to know I am a Democrat that will tell the truth about the History of the Democrat Party and not afraid to point out the bigots and the bigotry within the Democart Party either.
You're a Democrat? I find that hard to believe. For one thing, most Democrats refer to it as the "Democratic Party" --- "Democrat Party" is an epithet used by Republicans.

Tell me the last Democratic Presidential candidate that you voted for.
proud

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

joanna50 wrote:
<quoted text>The only reason bible thumpers disagree is because its easier to use a book of fairy tales as a point of reference than to look at scientific evidence. Denial sure runs deep doesn't it, keep believing the lie.
A book of fairy tales!?!?! Well looks like you need to do some of your " scientific" research because there is evidence that the things in the bible did happen! Get your facts straight don't cite science if your not gonna cite it all! Ignorance will get you nowhere in this life...and its easier for science thumpers to think that they can skate by in this life without there being consequences for their actions in this life and the next...dont let your close mindedness rob you of your eternity
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

proud wrote:
<quoted text>
A book of fairy tales!?!?! Well looks like you need to do some of your " scientific" research because there is evidence that the things in the bible did happen! Get your facts straight don't cite science if your not gonna cite it all! Ignorance will get you nowhere in this life...and its easier for science thumpers to think that they can skate by in this life without there being consequences for their actions in this life and the next...dont let your close mindedness rob you of your eternity
You just CAN'T fix stupid. Now that's eternal.
abortion is wrong

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

There is no excuse for abortion a life is a life no matter the circumstances of conception! Whoever believes in abortion should look up a video of an aborted baby! I watched one and it made me lose sleep the doctor poked the baby after they removed it from the mothers womb that baby was still moving ! A life is a life and if you believe otherwise shame on you! Guess under your logic maybe your dad should have shot you on the wall then there would be one less ignorant dumbass in this world!
mutt

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

proud wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is not, I repeat NOT, a legitimate source for "science".
How many times to we need to remind you fascist tax evading pedophile enablers of that simple fact?!?
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

proud wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the most scientifically relevant part of the Bible is when Jesus told his disciples in Matthew that some within their lifetime would see the end of the world. This we know to be true because none of us exist, and the world ended 3000 years ago.

Also, nothing says "dealing with the consequences" of our actions like blaming an invisible evil devil monster from a fire world when we do something wrong, and then believing we are instantly free of consequence for any misdeeds because a water walking Jewish zombie loves us. You know. Accountability. Besides, the scientific fact that Buddhists kill all the time without conscience and are completely void of any morality shows us that only the Bible can teach us to be good people...right?
mutt

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

abortion is wrong wrote:
Guess under your logic maybe your dad should have shot you on the wall then there would be one less ignorant dumbass in this world!
It's always funny watching a "morally superior" bible beater insult other people based on their beliefs.
Yep, they're walking right in Jesus's footsteps, all right...
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

mutt wrote:
<quoted text>The Bible is not, I repeat NOT, a legitimate source for "science".
How many times to we need to remind you fascist tax evading pedophile enablers of that simple fact?!?
It mentions in the Bible that people wore clothes, and we all wear clothes. See? Science. Don't tell me how the Bible ends though, because I want to find out for myself if Harry Potter and Han Solo can cast the Tardis into the fires of Mordor before the evil Captain Kirk and the Wizard of Oz launch their Terminator army at Willy Wonka.
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

abortion is wrong wrote:
There is no excuse for abortion a life is a life no matter the circumstances of conception! Whoever believes in abortion should look up a video of an aborted baby! I watched one and it made me lose sleep the doctor poked the baby after they removed it from the mothers womb that baby was still moving ! A life is a life and if you believe otherwise shame on you! Guess under your logic maybe your dad should have shot you on the wall then there would be one less ignorant dumbass in this world!
Since none of us have anything to do with abortion being legal, why do you claim it's our logic? You should collect all your tears in a jar and mail them to the Supreme Court of the United States of America. So what have you personally done, other than to pat yourself on the back, to change the Supreme Court ruling on abortion? If abortion was made illegal, I suppose you guys could form a human chain at the borders to stop women from traveling to Canada and Mexico to have the procedure done anyway. Maybe if we preach abstinence and no birth control like the church has done for decades, that will fix the problem.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 23,881 - 23,900 of25,331
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Westlake Discussions

Search the Westlake Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Secretary of State in Oh... (Oct '10) 14 hr mjjcpa 170
Review: North Ridge Christian Life Church (Jan '13) Sat Jo Ann Dzierski 19
OH Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in O... (Oct '10) Apr 15 squid 118
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Apr 14 Repub 187
Author James W Renner jailed, arrested (Jul '13) Apr 3 James Renner 3
Review: Wally Hair Salon (Jun '13) Apr 1 client no more 2
Review: Patient First - John Kavlich MD (May '09) Mar 28 Barrett kurilich 55
•••
•••
•••
Westlake Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Westlake Jobs