|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

mutt wrote:
<quoted text>And Keyboard Cat says we should teach creation science in public schools because it'll make abortion magically disappear...
So sayeth the Keyboard, thus sayeth the Cat. Chant it with me and achieve an imaginary moral high horse with every unheard prayer.
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

joanna50 wrote:
The only reason bible thumpers disagree is because its easier to use a book of fairy tales as a point of reference than to look at scientific evidence. Denial sure runs deep doesn't it, keep believing the lie.
My dear joanna, there is no need to even mention the bible when debating an evolutionist. They get completely hung up on the most basic of scientific laws. Scientifically-speaking, it is absolutely impossible for even a speck of matter to appear from nothingness. If it weren't for a miracle of gargantuan proportions, you would not exist. So, the fact that many evolutionists believe that the entire universe and everything in it, just appeared from nothing, takes every bit as much faith in the impossible as a belief in God. The only difference is, evolutionists are too stupid and arrogant to realize that they're theory is a fairy tale ... they still keep trying to convince themselves it's science.
Lefty

Newark, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Helen Roper wrote:
<quoted text>haha. Bush was brilliant compared to Barry Obama. He sucks Kenyan donkey nuts.
You're brilliant compared with a cherrystone clam.

Oh, wait - no, you're not.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Oh yeah, and to quote from a famous source often cited from the right wing.... "No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar" Abraham Lincoln
There's are distinctions between being a liar &, wrong & just plain stupid
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

mutt wrote:
<quoted text>Well, XXX is admittedly single, sex outside of marriage goes against God's will, and every fetus has a right to be born, then quickly brainwashed into believing "creation science" in public schools.
It's really simple, actually. If you hadn't lived a life of sin, maybe your senile oldass would understand.
You should listen to Rush Limbaugh sometime. He never lies, unlike our Muslim communist president...
Why bring religion into this? It makes a weak point since there are so many different beliefs.
Then there's the FACT that people violate religious doctrine every second of every day of every year of every life.
You pose NO point with your post.

Since: Jan 13

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
My dear joanna, there is no need to even mention the bible when debating an evolutionist. They get completely hung up on the most basic of scientific laws. Scientifically-speaking, it is absolutely impossible for even a speck of matter to appear from nothingness. If it weren't for a miracle of gargantuan proportions, you would not exist. So, the fact that many evolutionists believe that the entire universe and everything in it, just appeared from nothing, takes every bit as much faith in the impossible as a belief in God. The only difference is, evolutionists are too stupid and arrogant to realize that they're theory is a fairy tale ... they still keep trying to convince themselves it's science.
Well considering there is veritable proof with evolution as opposed to Adam and Eve having 2 kids both boys and a whole race came from them. We didn't come from nothingness we evolved from something. I do believe in God but what and who God is up for anybody's interpretation.
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously the name is all you looked at and not the article which has several hyper-links in the event you doubt the source.
Typical lib: attack the messenger and not the message.
The person who posted it is a fictitious character from a movie. If I posted an article that said you were wrong, written by Mickey Mouse, you'd call bullsh1t too.
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

First they made us pay more at the pump for removing "lead" out of our gasoline, then they try to tell us that industrialization can have an effect on our limited atmosphere...

"About 1000 meters down in a remote part of the Atlantic Ocean sits an unusual legacy of humanity's love affair with the automobile. It's a huge mass of seawater infused with traces of the toxic metal lead, a pollutant once widely emitted by cars burning leaded gasoline. Decades ago, the United States and Europe banned leaded gas and many other uses of the metal, but the pollutant's fingerprint lingers on—as shown by remarkably detailed new 3-D maps released this week. The 3D maps and animations are the early results of an unprecedented $300 million international collaboration to document the presence of trace metals and other chemicals in the world's oceans. The substances, which often occur in minute quantities, can provide important clues to understanding the ocean's past—such as how seawater masses have moved around over centuries—and its future, such as how climate change might shift key biochemical processes."
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

I mean, could you imagine how absurd the notion is of man creating so much carbon that he could actually alter our climate?

Is it true that we’re breathing the same molecules once breathed by the dinosaurs, Julius Caesar or Jesus Christ?

The expert: Dr. Martin St. Maurice, assistant professor of biological sciences

“There is some truth to this possibility. The air we breathe is composed primarily of nitrogen gas and oxygen gas with a small amount of other gases, including carbon dioxide. All of these individual molecules are constantly rearranged and recycled through biochemical and geochemical processes, so you aren’t breathing in the exact same gas molecules that dinosaurs and Julius Caesar once breathed.

"The individual atoms making up those molecules, however, have been on earth for a long time – very little carbon, oxygen or nitrogen is lost to outer space, and only the occasional meteor brings a small extraterrestrial source of new carbon or oxygen to this planet. So, every breath you take and every bite you swallow is composed of atoms that have been here for a long time.
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Crazy Liberals always trying to put their tree hugger Al Gore agenda at the cost of corporate profits!!! We need to deregulate industry in this nation and let the "job creators" govern themselves for the better of the people...

http://world.time.com/2014/02/26/beijing-air-...

http://thumbs.policymic.com/g6Lk9ISfR-3sAR9T0...

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/wp-content/uploads...

http://cdn.theatlanticcities.com/img/upload/2...

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Canton wrote:
Crazy Liberals always trying to put their tree hugger Al Gore agenda at the cost of corporate profits!!! We need to deregulate industry in this nation and let the "job creators" govern themselves for the better of the people...
http://world.time.com/2014/02/26/beijing-air-...
http://thumbs.policymic.com/g6Lk9ISfR-3sAR9T0...
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/wp-content/uploads...
http://cdn.theatlanticcities.com/img/upload/2...
Have to disagree, hugging trees is different than polluting our air and our water supply by greedy corporations. We need much stricter regulations but don't worry that wont happen due to corporate greed, cant forget the politicans as the two go hand in hand. Thanks for killing us all.
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Judged:

joanna50 wrote:
Well considering there is veritable proof with evolution as opposed to Adam and Eve having 2 kids both boys and a whole race came from them. We didn't come from nothingness we evolved from something. I do believe in God but what and who God is up for anybody's interpretation.
I don't advocate the teaching of creationism in public school, so it doesn't matter what my personal belief in Creationism is. I definitely support the teaching of Intelligent Design, though.

There's no proof that anything, other than changes within species, occurs. There is no proof that a monkey evolved into a man.

How do you prove something that supposedly takes millions or billions of years to occur? There's no way to test that. And the so-called "fossil evidence" -- much of which has been reconstructed from disintegrated bones -- is critiqued by scientists who have no idea what was going on during that time in history, and are unable to study groups of these specimens. The scientists take a partial skeleton that is in remarkably-bad shape, and create an entire species from it, complete with drawings and a backstory of the creature's life. Completely fabricated.

My issue isn't with people like you. There are a lot of folks who believe in an intelligent designer, but also in evolution. My issue is with the ones who say there is no intelligent designer, but have this science-defying fantasy that everything in the universe somehow appeared from nothing ... yet they ridicule and shut-down people who believe in a Designer.
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Judged:

joanna50 wrote:
<quoted text>Have to disagree, hugging trees is different than polluting our air and our water supply by greedy corporations. We need much stricter regulations but don't worry that wont happen due to corporate greed, cant forget the politicans as the two go hand in hand. Thanks for killing us all.
I was being sarcastic, Joanna50. Anyone who has been on here for awhile knows I am an environmentalist. The images and links I provided are the opposite of the oil industry sponsored Tea Party agenda I was mocking in my words. I think it is disgusting to cash in on the future generations, or even worse, to repeat oil industry paid propaganda in the face of scientific fact for absolutely no gain at all. Even more disgusting than that, just like the GOP did, the oil industry sponsored Tea Party uses religion to push forward their agenda, and they have been at it long before they hijacked the movement.

“We don’t have to protect the environment, the Second Coming is at hand.”

“After the last tree is felled, Christ will come back”- James Watt, Secretary of Interior, in charge of our environment under Reagan
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Judged:

mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't advocate the teaching of creationism in public school, so it doesn't matter what my personal belief in Creationism is. I definitely support the teaching of Intelligent Design, though.
There's no proof that anything, other than changes within species, occurs. There is no proof that a monkey evolved into a man.
How do you prove something that supposedly takes millions or billions of years to occur? There's no way to test that. And the so-called "fossil evidence" -- much of which has been reconstructed from disintegrated bones -- is critiqued by scientists who have no idea what was going on during that time in history, and are unable to study groups of these specimens. The scientists take a partial skeleton that is in remarkably-bad shape, and create an entire species from it, complete with drawings and a backstory of the creature's life. Completely fabricated.
My issue isn't with people like you. There are a lot of folks who believe in an intelligent designer, but also in evolution. My issue is with the ones who say there is no intelligent designer, but have this science-defying fantasy that everything in the universe somehow appeared from nothing ... yet they ridicule and shut-down people who believe in a Designer.
What is the difference between Creationism and Intelligent Design? Oh that's right, the right wing Christians who try to sneak their religion into our public schools changed the word "Creator" to "Designer". You do not have a monopoly on god or country, despite the decades we had to watch and listen to right wing Christian Conservatives prancing around as if they do. I am a Deist, just like the founders of this country. Now tell us the lie again about how this country was founded on Jesus.
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

joanna50 wrote:
<quoted text>Have to disagree, hugging trees is different than polluting our air and our water supply by greedy corporations. We need much stricter regulations but don't worry that wont happen due to corporate greed, cant forget the politicans as the two go hand in hand. Thanks for killing us all.
Click on the links I provided.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Judged:

mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
"The intelligent design movement was developed by a group of American creationists who revised their argument in the creation–evolution controversy to circumvent court rulings such as the United States Supreme Court's Edwards v. Aguillard decision, which barred the teaching of creation science in public schools on the grounds of breaching the separation of church and state."

"Kitzmiller v. Dover Area School District was the first direct challenge brought in the United States federal courts against a public school district that required the presentation of intelligent design as an alternative to evolution. The plaintiffs successfully argued that intelligent design is a form of creationism, and that the school board policy thus violated the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution."

"In April 2010, the American Academy of Religion issued Guidelines for Teaching About Religion in K-12 Public Schools in the United States, which included guidance that Creation Science or intelligent design should not be taught in science classes, as "Creation science and intelligent design represent worldviews that fall outside of the realm of science that is defined as (and limited to) a method of inquiry based on gathering observable and measurable evidence subject to specific principles of reasoning.""

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligent_Desi...

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Judged:

joanna50 wrote:
Anybody that clicks on those links and doesn't find something seriously wrong has some serious issues. And to think we aren't affected by this you have to be bat shit crazy.
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Judged:

Old Guy,

The ID Theory is supported by a people with an array of beliefs, even those who think that aliens planted life here. The only reason evolutionists keep trying to make ID about religion, is because their own theory is weak. They're afraid to allow an opposing viewpoint, which goes against the true spirit of science. That actually funny, isn't it? Evolutionists are the ones who pretend to be the most science-minded, but they're really just anti-science: Their theory defies basic scientific laws, and they won't allow any teaching contrary to it.
mutt

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Judged:

Wait, did the bloodthirsty cannibal who said the "antichrist is coming and he'll probably be a liberal" and "scientists are liars" just call someone anti-science?
Now THAT'S funny...
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Judged:

mutt wrote:
Old Guy,
The ID Theory is supported by a people with an array of beliefs, even those who think that aliens planted life here. The only reason evolutionists keep trying to make ID about religion, is because their own theory is weak. They're afraid to allow an opposing viewpoint, which goes against the true spirit of science. That actually funny, isn't it? Evolutionists are the ones who pretend to be the most science-minded, but they're really just anti-science: Their theory defies basic scientific laws, and they won't allow any teaching contrary to it.
Nope, purely a Christian agenda.

Science flies men to the moon. Religion flies men into buildings.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Westlake Discussions

Search the Westlake Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) 10 hr gary 2,225
Review: North Ridge Christian Life Church (Jan '13) Jul 28 Don 23
roof cleaning Jul 25 Sheila Walshin 1
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Jul 23 They cannot kill a Spook 231
Donald and Terry Johnson (Jan '14) Jul 20 Old classmate and friend 15
Revamped Brook Park Home Days haven't drawn or ... Jul 20 tim 1
1119 Deitsch resignation nov 19 2013 at board m... Jul 16 FP parent 1
•••
•••
•••
Westlake Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Westlake Jobs

•••