Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010?

Posted in the Westlake Forum

Comments (Page 1,151)

Showing posts 23,001 - 23,020 of25,324
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jan 13

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

mutt wrote:
Has anyone watched the debate between Bill Nye & Ken Ham? Both Nye and Ham did a very good job. Really interesting, the different viewpoints.
I was surprised by the answers to the last question, or rather by the implications in the answers. The question was: "What is the one thing, more than anything else, on which you base your belief?" I won't try to explain each of the answers, because I wouldn't do them justice, but I was left with the sobering reminder that life and the pursuit of science without God is profoundly meaningless.
You can watch the debate here:
http://debatelive.org/...
I have a question for you. If God created Adam and Eve who then had 2 sons one of which murdered the other how did our earth get populated?.
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

joanna50 wrote:
<quoted text>I have a question for you. If God created Adam and Eve who then had 2 sons one of which murdered the other how did our earth get populated?.
Adam and Eve had other sons and daughters. I think the son Eve had after Abel was killed was Seth. He was in the lineage of Christ.
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
We've come a long way together, mutt. When I first encountered you, you said there was no evidence. Now we are talking about the quality of the evidence.
And you linked to a good article, form a good journal. Well done!
I don't want to crap on your new-found respect for me, as I do enjoy debating with you, but I did say that I had misspoke when I used the word "evidence". I should have said "proof". There is evidence for any belief, but the evidence doesn't necessarily prove the theory.

I've consistently tried to discuss the quality of the evidence that scientists have found, as well as the accuracy of the dating methods and the questionable interpretations of the evidence. As I said before, I believe it's possible that another race of humans lived on the earth before Adam's race, and it was destroyed by a catastrophic event. So, I don't doubt that very old fossils have been found. But I doubt the reconstructions of them and the very detailed assumptions that scientists have made about these lifeforms based on very little evidence. The fact that the scientists continually change their opinions, shows that they're making assumptions about things they don't know enough about. I think the evidence more strongly supports the theory that there have been two separate human races and types of lifeforms on the earth at different times, more than it supports any other theory.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
Adam and Eve had other sons and daughters. I think the son Eve had after Abel was killed was Seth. He was in the lineage of Christ.
So they just slept with their siblings then and that's how the earth got populated by inbreeding?. How was Seth in lineage of Christ.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want to crap on your new-found respect for me, as I do enjoy debating with you, but I did say that I had misspoke when I used the word "evidence". I should have said "proof". There is evidence for any belief, but the evidence doesn't necessarily prove the theory.
I've consistently tried to discuss the quality of the evidence that scientists have found, as well as the accuracy of the dating methods and the questionable interpretations of the evidence. As I said before, I believe it's possible that another race of humans lived on the earth before Adam's race, and it was destroyed by a catastrophic event. So, I don't doubt that very old fossils have been found. But I doubt the reconstructions of them and the very detailed assumptions that scientists have made about these lifeforms based on very little evidence. The fact that the scientists continually change their opinions, shows that they're making assumptions about things they don't know enough about. I think the evidence more strongly supports the theory that there have been two separate human races and types of lifeforms on the earth at different times, more than it supports any other theory.
So did God create these life forms before Adam, thought Adam was a human what type of race was before that.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

joanna50 wrote:
<quoted text>So they just slept with their siblings then and that's how the earth got populated by inbreeding?. How was Seth in lineage of Christ.
Here's what the Bible says in Genesis 5:

"1This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;

2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, and after his image; and called his name Seth:

4 And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:

5 And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's what the Bible says in Genesis 5:
"1This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;
2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.
3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, and after his image; and called his name Seth:
4 And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:
5 And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
Still doesn't answer my question of how the earth was populated. You cant keep inbreeding and have genetically inferior offspring, the gene pool is tainted. So basically Seth just looked like Adam in physical appearance?.
Huh

Napoleon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

joanna50 wrote:
<quoted text>Still doesn't answer my question of how the earth was populated. You cant keep inbreeding and have genetically inferior offspring, the gene pool is tainted. So basically Seth just looked like Adam in physical appearance?.
You lady, have missed the part, about the Land Of Nod! People from here were the procreators with Adam & Eve's son!
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

joanna50 wrote:
So they just slept with their siblings then and that's how the earth got populated by inbreeding?.
Yeah, I guess so. If the bible is correct, Adam is the father of all of us.
How was Seth in lineage of Christ.
He had a son, who had a son, who had a son, etc.... all the way to either Joseph or Mary.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Huh wrote:
<quoted text> You lady, have missed the part, about the Land Of Nod! People from here were the procreators with Adam & Eve's son!
So God created more people than just Adam and Eve then?. If that's the case why doesn't it say that in the bible.
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

joanna50 wrote:
So did God create these life forms before Adam, thought Adam was a human what type of race was before that.
Probably human, based on the fossils that have been found. I don't know if I'm right -- it just makes sense to me. I believe there had to have been a God to create the universe. It's impossible for us to exist without a miracle. And because of my personal experiences, I believe the Christian God is real. So, I'm basing the hypothesis of another human race on what it says in God's word:

Gen 1:1-5
"1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

3 And God said,“Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day."

The creation of the heavens and the earth appear to be separate from the 6 days of creation, because day and night were the 1st day, and the earth happened before that.(This is the way I'm interpreting it -- not saying it's the right way.) Plus, dinosaur bones have been found all over the earth, and whatever wiped them out appears to have done a thorough job. If that event had occurred during the past 8,000 years, I think it would have wiped out practically everything. There's no mention of it in any historical writings, though.

God has no beginning, so I'm guessing he's been around a long time. It's difficult to say what he has created before us.
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Judged:

joanna50 wrote:
So God created more people than just Adam and Eve then?. If that's the case why doesn't it say that in the bible.
Adam lived for almost 1,000 years, and probably had many children, and their children had children, and so forth. A lot of people can be born in 1,000 years.
Huh

Napoleon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

joanna50 wrote:
<quoted text>So God created more people than just Adam and Eve then?. If that's the case why doesn't it say that in the bible.
Why is the sky blue? Why is ice cold? Why is fire hot? Why do politicians lie on every statement? Huh? More research needed?

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Huh wrote:
<quoted text> Why is the sky blue? Why is ice cold? Why is fire hot? Why do politicians lie on every statement? Huh? More research needed?
What is your point?.
Huh

Napoleon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Judged:

joanna50 wrote:
<quoted text>What is your point?.
. Duh! The point is, we don't know! If you had all the answers , It would not be such a mystery! You have not seen this subject debated before? What was their answer? There are more unanswered questions on this, than any subject in the world! Just guessing, but I would say this is where the " belief ", comes from!
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
Adam lived for almost 1,000 years, and probably had many children, and their children had children, and so forth. A lot of people can be born in 1,000 years.
And you actually believe that a human being lived to be 1,000 years old. That's just pure batshitinsanity.
I also find it odd that until 2008, God didn't seem to have much interest in talking to politicians, now he wants them to take over the government in HIS Holy name. I wonder what happened in 2008 that pissed God off so badly? And why does he only talk to GOTP'rs.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Well according to the Book of Jubilees Cain married his sister Awan.. Also the land of Nod is not a land at all it is a Hebrew word for wanderer.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
What I'm all for is everybody minding their own business about who makes what and worry about themselves. Not worry about what anybody else makes and let government worry about them instead of themselves.
Back to that cradle-to-graver complaint about Wal-Mart employees using public assistance? Tell me, how many fast food workers are on public assistance? How many K-Mart or Target employees are on public assistance?
You're so consumed with Wal-Mart because your puppet masters told you to be. So next time you read their garbage, why don't you dig around the internet and tell me what special tax breaks Wal-Mart gets that no other store of their kind don't?
I'll be here waiting, obviously for a long time.
Okay, as of Jan. 2012 in the State of Ohio:
On Medicaid:
#1- WalMart 16,098 employees
#2-McDonalds 12,615 " "
#4-Wendy's 5,270 " "
#11-Target-2,479 " "
#14-CLEVELAND CLINIC 2,267 " "
#25-Kmart 1,849

On Food Stamps:
#1-WalMart 14,799 employees
#2-McDonalds 12,645 " "
#3Wendy's 5,216 " "
#11-Target 2,383 " "
#19-Kmart 1,841 " "
#25- CLEVELAND CLINIC 1,616 " "

I got a list of the top 50, the names on it might surprise you.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said before, I believe it's possible that another race of humans lived on the earth before Adam's race, and it was destroyed by a catastrophic event.
Let me see if I understand YOUR theory. The Earth was created before the six days of creation, so there was plenty of time for another race of humans before us. To me this is another sign of your progress in thinking: you are trying to explain away all of this fossil evidence without giving up on the Biblical story of creation.

There's a couple of problems I see with your idea. Since "the earth was without form" (according to Genesis), where did they stand? There was no ground until the 3rd day of creation. "And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so. And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good."

And, what did these pre-humans eat? Since the Bible also tells us that there was no food until the third day: "And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so."

And, finally, since there was no light until the first day, did these pre-humans use flashlights?
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the evidence more strongly supports the theory that there have been two separate human races and types of lifeforms on the earth at different times, more than it supports any other theory.
This will henceforth be known as the "mutt theory of pre-Creation Earth." Of course, the fossil and genetic evidence is against it, but that's never stopped you before.
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Judged:

I stated awhile back that all of this is really about forcing Christianity on society, and those that don't want that. Like the founders of our country. What does abortion or gay rights have to do with "Conservatism"? Nothing, that's what. Now show me a Conservative that isn't against abortion or gays getting married. All just a religious agenda. So anyway...what were we talking about?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 23,001 - 23,020 of25,324
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Westlake Discussions

Search the Westlake Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Secretary of State in Oh... (Oct '10) Tue worm 168
OH Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in O... (Oct '10) Tue squid 118
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Apr 14 Repub 187
Author James W Renner jailed, arrested (Jul '13) Apr 3 James Renner 3
Review: Wally Hair Salon (Jun '13) Apr 1 client no more 2
Review: Patient First - John Kavlich MD (May '09) Mar 28 Barrett kurilich 55
OH Who do you support for Attorney General in Ohio... (Oct '10) Mar 20 Recon 403
•••
•••
•••
•••

Westlake Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Westlake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance