Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010?

Posted in the Westlake Forum

Comments (Page 1,136)

Showing posts 22,701 - 22,720 of28,479
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Thanks for the propaganda, Old Guy. joanna probably didn't see your earlier links.

I wonder if the people who believe that aliens started life on earth will be surprised to find out that ID is just Creationism repackaged? Now they're going to have to start their own theory.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

mutt wrote:
I wonder if the people who believe that aliens started life on earth will be surprised to find out that ID is just Creationism repackaged? Now they're going to have to start their own theory.
"According to the popular series Ancient Aliens, on H2 (a spinoff of the History channel), extraterrestrial intelligences visited Earth in the distant past, as evidenced by numerous archaeological artifacts whose scientific explanations prove unsatisfactory for alien enthusiasts. The series is the latest in a genre launched in 1968 by Erich von Däniken, whose book Chariots of the Gods? became an international best seller. "

"Ancient aliens theory is grounded in a logical fallacy called argumentum ad ignorantiam, or “argument from ignorance.” The illogical reasoning goes like this: if there is no satisfactory terrestrial explanation for, say, the Nazca lines of Peru, the Easter Island statues or the Egyptian pyramids, then the theory that they were built by aliens from outer space must be true."

"Ancient aliens arguments from ignorance resemble intelligent design “God of the gaps” arguments: wherever a gap in scientific knowledge exists, there is evidence of divine design. In this way, ancient aliens serve as small “g” gods of the archaeological gaps, with the same shortcoming as the gods of the evolutionary gaps—the holes are already filled or soon will be, and then whence goes your theory? In science, for a new theory to be accepted, it is not enough to identify only the gaps in the prevailing theory (negative evidence). Proponents must provide positive evidence in favor of their new theory. And as skeptics like to say, before you say something is out of this world, first make sure that it is not in this world."

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how...
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

joanna50 wrote:
So is Intelligent design just a fancy word for creationism?
Yep.
joanna50 wrote:
And if a higher power created us why does it have to be the Christian God?
It doesn't have to be, but most of the folks pushing that argument are conservative Christians, like the Discovery Institute:

"The Discovery Institute was founded in 1990 by Bruce Chapman, George Gilder, and Stephen C. Meyer as a non-profit educational foundation and think tank based upon the Christian apologetics of C.S. Lewis. It was founded as a branch of the Hudson Institute, an Indianapolis-based, conservative think tank."

"By 1995 Chapman and Meyer received a promise of $750,000 over three years from the Ahmansons and a smaller grant from the conservative Christian MacLellan Foundation. This was used to fund the institutes's Center for Science and Culture, then called the Center for the Renewal of Science and Culture, which went on to form the motive force behind the intelligent design movement. "I was one of the early beneficiaries of Discovery largess," says William A. Dembski, who, during the three years after completing graduate school in 1996 could not secure a university position, receives what he calls "a standard academic salary" of $40,000 a year through the institute."

http://rightwing.wikia.com/wiki/Discovery_Ins...
Pops

Newport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow...after stammering "Mission Accomplished", you really want to take it there? Oh, and...how many US soldiers died because Obama sent them off to attack the wrong country? Bet you were as quiet as a church mouse through all that. Also, could you go ahead and give us a link to the "coalition of 'Blacks for Obama'" thing you were talking about? Bet you can't.
And Obama didn't say that the Islamist terrorist were 'on the run' or losing power or whatever right after 9/11/2012??
Give us all a break if that's all you have in response to this multi-point post.
I am not looking for angry discourse. Only open discussion. What about you?
OR are you trolling again?
Republican 101

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
I disproved the theory you support. Thermodynamics. Scientifically speaking, none of us are real and the universe doesn't exist.
That's too easy, though. Let's pretend for a minute that we and the world actually exist, and everything evolved from a common ancestor. Where did millions of years of transitional species go between primates and man? There should still be some alive. Primates are still alive. Modern-day man is still alive. Where did everyone else go?
Hey, I just watched part of your neat little "creation science" spiel on television again. Oh wait, that was actually Jeffrey Dahmer...

ROFLMAO!!!

Since: Jan 13

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Judged:

Regardless of how we got here my question is what are we going to do now that we are here. Are we going to make our existence better, be uplifting to our fellow man. Shoulder the responsibilities and work hard, be loyal and honest or are we just going to behave selfishly and in total disregard to how our behavior affects others.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
Creationism is a the Christian (and possibly Islamic?) biblical belief that the earth and everything in it was created in 6 days.
Some believe that particular aspect of the creation story had its origins in earlier Mesopotamian creation myths

"Panbabylonists believe the creation myth in the Book of Genesis came from older Mesopotamian creation myths. The Mesopotamian creation myths are recorded in the Enűma Eliš(or Enuma Elish), the Atra-Hasis, the 'Eridu Genesis' and on the 'Barton Cylinder'. Although the plots are different, there are similarities between the Mesopotamian and Jewish myths.

In the beginning of both myths the universe is shapeless and there is nothing but water. In the beginning of Enűma Eliš there is Abzu (freshwater) and Tiamat (saltwater), which mingle together. In the beginning of Genesis, "darkness was over the surface of the deep" and the Jewish god Yahweh is "hovering over the waters".[Genesis 1:2] It has been argued that the Hebrew word for "the deep", tehom, is cognate with tiamat.

In the Enűma Eliš there are six generations of gods, created one after the other. Each god is associated with something, such as sky or earth. This parallels the six days of creation in Genesis, where Elohim (plural) creates a different thing on each day.

In the Enűma Eliš, the sixth-generation god Marduk consults with other gods and decides to make mankind as servants, so that the gods can rest. Likewise, Elohim makes mankind on the sixth day (saying "let us make mankind in our image") and then rests.

In both myths, day and night forego the creation of the luminous bodies (Genesis 1:5, 8, 13, and 14ff.; Enűma Eliš 1:38), whose function is to yield light and mark time (Genesis 1:14; Enűma Eliš 5:12–13)."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panbabylonism
animal control

Belle Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

"Buying a new toaster should be like a new home mortgage, and if it blows-up in UR face, then UR not at fault?"

Barry Soetoro aka Barack Hussein Soebarkah aka Barack Hussein Obama

no charge
jms

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Why should I worry about supporting my fellow man. I am a true believer in a totally capitalist system of govt, nit to change subjects. These progressives think its ok to steal my hard earned money and give it away, not my idea of a good system Marxism can never work.
LMFAo

Wellston, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

so we need to go to a system where you dont know what you earned?
we have. at base level it's called inflation. the stupider you are the farther you get from being hands on with the most dollars.

you people are wasting a lot of energy hating fellow man. why don't you try to end world hunger? oh, wait, i forgot, youre not hungry and you dont know the acres to person ratio short of googling.

you all might as well breathe fresh air than start another war. goodbye.
LMFAo

Wellston, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

omg it's been 30 minutes and none of you had some super pretentist crap to spew.

are you all asleep??

if you are so special, why are you not designing something to get the average man off this planet, and in fact, prove to "average joe" the 1969 moon landing happened, or for that fact, we are not surrounded by an oval shaped "magic" net?

why are you not building the tsunami proof water wall?
why are you not harnessing the strength of our sun and multiplying it tenfold on the ground?

get a frigging clue, HATERS. people like you are why human rights violations happen on our soil, to citizens and "foreigners". people like YOU are why we bailout a bank but not a citizen for making likewise stupid manuvuers. ALSO, it is why we have wars, send our boys to die, while killing others children.

GET IT?

i doubt it.
grow up old people.
LMFAo

Wellston, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

what is the biggest problem with american society and the world as a result of how WE live?

the fact that most children are not grown at the legal definition of "grown" (18-21) and yet are well on their way to producing more useless progeny.

and yet, appearently, most people on their deathbed have goofier ideas than the average 30 year old.. yet the average american 30 year old is stuck in poverty....

get a grip. you argue about nonsense. want to fix this country? pretend like you care about another human being and have half a grip on what faces us all. fact? i see no one who recognizes us, let alone faces what we face. so? you are just another screamer in the void. L O L
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

Pops wrote:
<quoted text> And Obama didn't say that the Islamist terrorist were 'on the run' or losing power or whatever right after 9/11/2012??
Give us all a break if that's all you have in response to this multi-point post.
I am not looking for angry discourse. Only open discussion. What about you?
OR are you trolling again?
Let's have a look at the date on the post you keep getting hung up on...yah. Thought so. Still though, whenever you see a post that mentions anything about race, Pops will defensively chime in. Wonder why?
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
I disproved the theory you support. Thermodynamics. Scientifically speaking, none of us are real and the universe doesn't exist.
That's too easy, though. Let's pretend for a minute that we and the world actually exist, and everything evolved from a common ancestor. Where did millions of years of transitional species go between primates and man? There should still be some alive. Primates are still alive. Modern-day man is still alive. Where did everyone else go?
2-1-14 nbcnews.com 5:40a.m. Article on the upcoming Tuesday night debate with creationist Ken Ham against Bill Nye.

Bible as Scientific Evidence:
Creationist Ken Ham of 'Answers in Genesis' view is that the Genesis account of the universe's development and the rise of life on earth is LITERALLY true, including the part about "everything being done in six 24-hour days."
As a young-earth creationist, Ham contends that the universe is only about 6,000 years old. When asked "what about the 70 million-year -old fossil bones of dinosaurs"? The way Ham sees it, those are the,( lol) "MILLENNIA OLD BONES OF ANIMALS REFERRED TO IN LEGENDS AS DRAGONS". "What we BELIEVE about the age of the earth(that it is relatively young) is a consequence of our stand on 'BIBLICAL AUTHORITY', and nothing in OBSERVATIONAL science CONTRADICTS," Ham wrote this week. "You see, WE USE THE BIBLE AS EVIDENCE!"

A readers poll with the option for everyone to vote at around noon on 2-2-14 showed these results:

QU; Where do you stand on the evolution debate?
65,512 votes cast.
I side with Bill Nye -67%- 44,144 votes.
I side with Ken Ham-28%-18,030 votes.
I'm on neither side-5%- 3,338 votes.

“Seven Days In May”

Since: Oct 13

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's have a look at the date on the post you keep getting hung up on...yah. Thought so. Still though, whenever you see a post that mentions anything about race, Pops will defensively chime in. Wonder why?
Why haven't you apologized to "XYZ"?
http://l.barackobama.com/african-americans/
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

Oh yeah mutt:
New SCIENTIFIC findings just released in the past few days show that the DNA in Neanderthals exist in today's modern mans DNA. Disprove them with a real argument and facts.
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

Trayvonius Martinez wrote:
<quoted text>Why haven't you apologized to "XYZ"?
http://l.barackobama.com/african-americans/
Haven't seen him post. As you will note in my post, I bet HE didn't have a link. But since you are his official spokes person...Sorry XYZ. Shockingly, blacks supported Obama. Here's some whites supporting Romney...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Now it's your turn to apologize to the American people for trying to inflict this on us.

“Seven Days In May”

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

Canton wrote:
<quoted text> Haven't seen him post. As you will note in my post, I bet HE didn't have a link. But since you are his official spokes person...Sorry XYZ. Shockingly, blacks supported Obama. Here's some whites supporting Romney...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Now it's your turn to apologize to the American people for trying to inflict this on us.
I love watching a leftist trying to change the subject while frantically squirming around his own inability to act like a man.
WILLY DAWWG

Ada, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

Trayvonius Martinez wrote:
<quoted text>I love watching a leftist trying to change the subject while frantically squirming around his own inability to act like a man.
go home greaser.

“Seven Days In May”

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

WILLY DAWWG wrote:
<quoted text> go home greaser.
Another of Canton's ass bandit buddies, are you?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 22,701 - 22,720 of28,479
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Westlake Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Westlake Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••