Pops

Newport, KY

#24053 Jan 18, 2014
18wheelHauntedWeatherLab wrote:
<quoted text>
Type this into a search engine. Paul LePage child labor laws. LePage is a Republican governor who is pushing to loosen child labor laws.
And he is an idiot. In fact, lets start on making the name 'LePage' into a word meaning idiot!
That person is such a LePage !! lol
Canton

Canton, OH

#24054 Jan 18, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
As a child laborer. I can tell you the best thing that can happen to kids is to get a work ethic. I've been working since the age of 10 and I thank God I grew up in a time where teaching kids about responsibility was the norm for our society. Now we have a government that teaches quite the opposite, and look where we are today: expanded welfare state, more unemployment extensions, record number of people on food stamps, and foreigners coming to the country to do jobs Americans won't do because companies can't find American workers.
These kids sit home getting fat in front of the computer or video game and could care less about working. They grow up and become liberals because they think everything should be handed to them. I can't tell you how many supervisors or owners of companies I talk to that struggle getting people just to show up in the morning. They don't even bother to call the employer on the phone to prepare them for their absence. They come to work when they feel good and ready. More and more employers are turning to temporary agencies so they can try workers out before hiring them. The constant hiring, training and firing of people that end up on unemployment gets costly to businesses.
Or we could just focus on education. Oh that's right. It would become very difficult to underpay the American worker if they did. Better just stick to undermining the public education system and loosening up child labor laws. Let Liberty ring!
Republican 101

Van Wert, OH

#24055 Jan 18, 2014
UdintBuildThat wrote:
Best thing that happened to me was start working at 8 years old. Anyone else plow 40 acres at that age?
And you got a 400 acre free ride for it. Go cry us a river.
While you're at it, remind us how "personally responsible" one needs to be in order to let his parents pay his medical bills until he turned 21...

ROFLMAO
Canton

Canton, OH

#24056 Jan 18, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, gotta love those climate predictions:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =INvlbY21G9MXX
Ha ha ha ha ha! Youtube is your source now? If that's the case, then want to see a video that scientifically proves that cats can play the keyboard? Stick to chemtrails and gun show conspiracy theories and leave the science to folks that are experts in the field. No...not oil billionaires. Climate experts.
Canton

Canton, OH

#24057 Jan 18, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
As a child laborer. I can tell you the best thing that can happen to kids is to get a work ethic. I've been working since the age of 10 and I thank God I grew up in a time where teaching kids about responsibility was the norm for our society. Now we have a government that teaches quite the opposite, and look where we are today: expanded welfare state, more unemployment extensions, record number of people on food stamps, and foreigners coming to the country to do jobs Americans won't do because companies can't find American workers.
These kids sit home getting fat in front of the computer or video game and could care less about working. They grow up and become liberals because they think everything should be handed to them. I can't tell you how many supervisors or owners of companies I talk to that struggle getting people just to show up in the morning. They don't even bother to call the employer on the phone to prepare them for their absence. They come to work when they feel good and ready. More and more employers are turning to temporary agencies so they can try workers out before hiring them. The constant hiring, training and firing of people that end up on unemployment gets costly to businesses.
I can't tell you how many supervisors and owners who are actually just the lazy, inept son of the old man who started the company. Also, I'm sure there are no children of Republicans who play video games...right? Just the Liberals. You sound sillier with each passing day.

Hey, while I got you...Who was your favorite Conservative president within your lifetime? If you think I am laughing at the fact that you haven't been able to answer that question since I asked it days ago, for once you would be correct.
Republican 101

Van Wert, OH

#24058 Jan 18, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Or we could just focus on education. Oh that's right. It would become very difficult to underpay the American worker if they did. Better just stick to undermining the public education system and loosening up child labor laws. Let Liberty ring!
Educated children make lousy future conservatives. It's a self-preservation thing...
Canton

Canton, OH

#24059 Jan 18, 2014
Darn that Obama! Traveling back in time to turn our nation into a temporary work force under GW Bush! He even had the gull to wipe out people's 401K plans while he was back there. Then he forced our children to pay their entire lives for a war that accomplished nothing other than to make Halliburton rich and to needless kill our American soldiers. Curse you Obama!!!!
Canton

Canton, OH

#24060 Jan 18, 2014
THE SCIENCE IS IN....!!!!

Canton

Canton, OH

#24061 Jan 18, 2014
UdintBuildThat wrote:
Best thing that happened to me was start working at 8 years old. Anyone else plow 40 acres at that age?
How did you ever survive? I mean with all that sitting and all that wheel turning on the tractor.
Canton

Canton, OH

#24063 Jan 18, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> And he is an idiot. In fact, lets start on making the name 'LePage' into a word meaning idiot!
That person is such a LePage !! lol
You got that right. Being a nutball knows no boundaries though. Take Pelosi or Bachman for instance. Batsh1t crazy. Also, would you leave your kids alone with a guy who looks like Rand Paul or Newt Gingrich? Boehner and vice president Biden look like guys who get drunk and shout every word when they are at the bar. What we really need is a polygraph hooked up to all the candidates at the debates and an IQ test for everyone who votes, drives or owns a gun.
Canton

Canton, OH

#24064 Jan 18, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Wipe out 401K's? Mine was just fine. In fact when the market hit bottom, my investment company bought extra shares. It was like a two-for-one sale. On the way down they quit buying shares until the price was low enough that they could take advantage of it. My goodness, I just may retire early thanks to that.
Speaking of a temporary work force, did you know that in December, only 74,000 new jobs were created and half of those were temporary or part-time jobs? They were predicting over 200,000 new jobs but what a disappointment--just like our weather next week and your President.
Hey! Who's going to pay for the 4 trillion DumBama spent in five years there Canton? I guess the grandkids will be covering Bush, so does that mean that the great grandkids will be covering DumBama? Yep, four grand and we have nothing to show for it but our two-star credit rating for the first time in the history of our country.
Would you give us a link to Obama spending 4 trillion in five years? Was it to bail out companies that went under when Bush was in? Also, a link to the "two star" credit rating would be nice also. Since these are statistics, you should be able to find a source that doesn't lead directly back to the Heritage Foundation. Not saying you are a liar. That would be ignorant on my part to do so, without knowing the answer myself. When you get done, go ahead and let me know who your favorite, choice of the people, Conservative president was within your lifetime.
Canton

Canton, OH

#24068 Jan 18, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
That would put the Republican party in leadership forever.
Yah...Read my lips, no new taxes would have made the polygraph machine explode and GW stammering out "Fool me once...uh...we don't get fooled again". would have instantly voided the whole IQ thing. Besides, the GOP has turned their back on you Tea Bagging flunkies so don't play like they represent you anymore. Also, the proven fact that religious people have the lowest IQs on the planet would make your camp's decades long fantasy of them "taking your guns" finally and for the first time, come true.

Hey uh...real quick question that would take 5 seconds to answer...who is your favorite Conservative President within your lifetime. You think long and hard about why it's so hard for you to answer that and when you are done, know the real voice of the American people when it comes to your fantasy America that never was.

Still waiting on your sources for your comments about Obama's spending and out 2 star credit rating. Unless...Tea Bagger emailed propaganda newsletter again?

Since: Aug 12

United States

#24069 Jan 18, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
How did you ever survive? I mean with all that sitting and all that wheel turning on the tractor.
You've never accomplished that much your entire life.

United States

#24070 Jan 18, 2014
Republican 101 wrote:
<quoted text>And you got a 400 acre free ride for it. Go cry us a river.
While you're at it, remind us how "personally responsible" one needs to be in order to let his parents pay his medical bills until he turned 21...
ROFLMAO
Remind me of how you never had a speck of dirt under your fingernails yet you deserve a big fat helping of what others earned.

United States

#24072 Jan 18, 2014
Xxx, libertarian is going to be the way to go. But if Matt Bevins can beat McConnell in the KY senate primary we might be able to take the party back.
Pops

Newport, KY

#24073 Jan 18, 2014
I have a question to anyone that can logically respond or supply appropriate links.
Why or how can our so called representatives find money to increase SNAP payments approx 30% year after year for people that paid in little if anything at all, but increase Social Security only 1.5% at the same time for people that have paid a specific payroll deduction throughout their working lives?
I am NOT talking about the increasing number of those receiving SNAP but the increase of the amount that they receive.
Then in addition there is the fact that recipients of Social Security are paying another tax again for receiving those checks that they had already paid for as a payroll tax.
I could be more expansive about the situation but this much should pique some thoughts.
Any thoughts out there to share?
Pops

Newport, KY

#24074 Jan 18, 2014
18wheelHauntedWeatherLab wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't expect an apology, but I have to say I am impressed that you are willing to keep an open mind to the possibility that what I am trying to tell you guys is correct. Just blurting out that something is a lie, before taking the time to see if it is or not shows an obvious agenda that flies in the face of facts. When Obama lied to the American people about them being able to keep their health care coverage, I was the first to say I was disappointed in his behavior. I posted it right here on this forum. Many on here would rather ignore huge amounts of scientific data and historically documented facts before ever admitting they were wrong. In many ways, it's just human nature.
I have always been on here for the exchange of thoughts & ideas. I have to admit that I have responded with insults & name calling but ONLY after multiple such insults have been directed at me.
I surf the web for info all of my life on the web because my brain is a sponge. Saying that may mean that my mind is full of holes like a sponge but I'll live with that. I also admit that I do NOT have total recall or a photographic memory but I just keep putting one foot in front of the other searching for info. Since I willingly admit my shortcomings, it does piss me off when others pick on the little things like typo's, spelling start calling names because of differing opinions.
I have been voting since '72 & have NEVER pulled a straight party ticket so I have been registered as an Independent for decades.
WE are allowed to have different opinions without denigration. THIS is NOT a 'cookie cutter world'. It would be boring if it were so.
Viva la difference !!
Republican 101

Van Wert, OH

#24075 Jan 18, 2014
UdintBuildThat wrote:
<quoted text>
Remind me of how you never had a speck of dirt under your fingernails yet you deserve a big fat helping of what others earned.
That's your witty response to someone reminding you of your own laziness?
"Neener neener, I know you are but what am I!"
Sounds like you've been taking notes from Silence of the Reality again, banjo boy...
Roflmao!

United States

#24076 Jan 18, 2014
Republican 101 wrote:
<quoted text>That's your witty response to someone reminding you of your own laziness?
"Neener neener, I know you are but what am I!"
Sounds like you've been taking notes from Silence of the Reality again, banjo boy...
Roflmao!
Its not an attempt at being witty dumbass. In all seriousness, the only thing you know is that you wish you had the say so on who is deserving and who is not. Quite an elaborate pipe dream you try to live.

Have a nice trip to liberal land pajama boy.
UgottaGimmeThat

Van Wert, OH

#24078 Jan 18, 2014
Y'all godless libtards ain't entitled ta gits wut muh momma earned!
Screw them starvin chirren and moocherclass war vets, they just needs ta be more personally sponsible! Gimme gimme!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westlake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bed bugs Sep 25 concerned bulldog 1
Man charged in Cleveland rape is now suspect in... Sep 25 Serve Justice 1
Voices From The Dark Descend on Lakewood to Des... Sep 23 Culture Auditor 1
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Sep 19 Vic 231
April Marie Tinsley Case and Amy Renee Mihalije... Sep 15 Advanced Technology 5
Cut screen interpreted as attempted break in: O... Sep 14 BLB 1
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Sep 13 They cannot kill ... 191

Westlake Jobs

Westlake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Westlake News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Westlake

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]