Who do you support for Governor in Oh...
Canton

Canton, OH

#24034 Jan 18, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Nixon's (and later Reagan's) "War on Drugs" was always focused on punishing drug users and sellers, with increased enforcement and mandatory penalties. I'm old enough to remember, but don't take my word for it.
"In June 1971, President Nixon declared a “war on drugs.” He dramatically increased the size and presence of federal drug control agencies, and pushed through measures such as mandatory sentencing and no-knock warrants."
"The presidency of Ronald Reagan marked the start of a long period of skyrocketing rates of incarceration, largely thanks to his unprecedented expansion of the drug war. The number of people behind bars for nonviolent drug law offenses increased from 50,000 in 1980 to over 400,000 by 1997."
http://www.drugpolicy.org/new-solutions-drug-...
Another interesting little tidbit. Many of these prisons are privately owned. Something that was pushed for by the right. The inmates, many of whom are non-violent pot offenders (Also see majority of Americans consider weed harmless and should be legal) work in manufacturing jobs in these prisons, with the product beings sold for profit, by the private owned prisons. These same owners push for tough drug laws in their states and get cheap labor factory workers, while making money hand over fist. Let freedom ring.
Republican 101

Van Wert, OH

#24035 Jan 18, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Another interesting little tidbit. Many of these prisons are privately owned. Something that was pushed for by the right. The inmates, many of whom are non-violent pot offenders (Also see majority of Americans consider weed harmless and should be legal) work in manufacturing jobs in these prisons, with the product beings sold for profit, by the private owned prisons. These same owners push for tough drug laws in their states and get cheap labor factory workers, while making money hand over fist. Let freedom ring.
Why do you hate capitalism so much?
Sounds to me like those patriotic job creators deserve a tax break...
18wheelHauntedWe atherLab

Canton, OH

#24039 Jan 18, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
If that's what you consider check mate, then I advise you to never play chess. You'll be in for a lot of disappointments.
Yah, but tell us who your favorite Conservative President was within your lifetime. See that? Check and mate, baby.

The real fun will start when climate change is so drastic that even the dumbest of our society can no longer hide behind out dated oil industry propaganda. Then, magically, just like all the people who voted for Bush twice, and anyone who was ever a racist in this country, you climate change deniers will instantly vanish.

Finally, let me know when you can prove my statements on here are lies, because despite your twisting of words and desperation, it hasn't happened yet.
18wheelHauntedWe atherLab

Canton, OH

#24040 Jan 18, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
How do they do that with all those black helicopters flying overhead?
Are you still trying to muddy the waters with absurd notions in the face of documented fact? Typical rightwing tactic. Better go ask the Heritage Foundation.
18wheelHauntedWe atherLab

Canton, OH

#24041 Jan 18, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
Don't look now, but global warming has struck again. This time the new more environmentally friendly gasoline will not only ruin your car, but will void your manufacturers warranty. Take a look:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ceW9Nc1hVHUXX
Don't look now, but the truck driver thinks he's a weather expert. Tell us again your rational ideas about your truck being haunted. Then you can tell us how science is hogwash. You guys are like the Honey Boo Boo of climate science.
18wheelHauntedWe atherLab

Canton, OH

#24042 Jan 18, 2014
Republican 101 wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you hate capitalism so much?
Sounds to me like those patriotic job creators deserve a tax break...
Sure and toss in the fact that the right was trying to loosen up child labor laws and you have yourself a steaming heap of patriotic job creators who in no way seem like they are trying to turn the American work force into one of the 3rd world nations they so gleefully outsource to in the name of Liberty.
Pops

Newport, KY

#24043 Jan 18, 2014
[QUOTE who=
And Canton did provide you with evidence for one of the dumbest things things that GHW Bush ever said: that atheists were less patriotic than other Americans. But the context of that was an offhand remark, not a prepared speech. Still, it did reveal a dumb prejudice of Bush (and one shared by many others.) So, you owe Canton an apology for calling him a liar on that point. But you seem to be unable to admit error, so I won't get my hopes up.[/QUOTE]Yep, that was one of GHW's boners. An example of the overly passionate. And they exist everywhere in every subject.
As far as the 'apology' mention in your post, I'll leave that to other parties at this time.
18wheelHauntedWe atherLab

Canton, OH

#24044 Jan 18, 2014
Also, the fact that the right is trying to undermine the public school system in no way supports my comments about them trying to turn America into an under educated, underpaid, 3rd world work force.

Your side is nothing short of vile and conniving and as un-American as you can get. Be sure to thank the internet and easily accessible, historically documented and scientifically proven facts for shutting down all the unchecked lies and bogus propaganda you guys have been using as your number one political tactic for decades.

If only you guys could just shoot into the crowd of those unarmed facts, like how your camp did to the children of American citizens in Kent Ohio.
Pops

Newport, KY

#24045 Jan 18, 2014
18wheelHauntedWeatherLab wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure and toss in the fact that the right was trying to loosen up child labor laws and you have yourself a steaming heap of patriotic job creators who in no way seem like they are trying to turn the American work force into one of the 3rd world nations they so gleefully outsource to in the name of Liberty.
I don't know that I would say 'the right was trying' to change labor laws as much as some people were making noise in that direction that happen to be on the right. Fortunetly those dummies found out that they are dummies rather quickly.
18wheelHauntedWe atherLab

Canton, OH

#24046 Jan 18, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, that was one of GHW's boners. An example of the overly passionate. And they exist everywhere in every subject.
As far as the 'apology' mention in your post, I'll leave that to other parties at this time.
I don't expect an apology, but I have to say I am impressed that you are willing to keep an open mind to the possibility that what I am trying to tell you guys is correct. Just blurting out that something is a lie, before taking the time to see if it is or not shows an obvious agenda that flies in the face of facts. When Obama lied to the American people about them being able to keep their health care coverage, I was the first to say I was disappointed in his behavior. I posted it right here on this forum. Many on here would rather ignore huge amounts of scientific data and historically documented facts before ever admitting they were wrong. In many ways, it's just human nature.
18wheelHauntedWe atherLab

Canton, OH

#24047 Jan 18, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> I don't know that I would say 'the right was trying' to change labor laws as much as some people were making noise in that direction that happen to be on the right. Fortunetly those dummies found out that they are dummies rather quickly.
Type this into a search engine. Paul LePage child labor laws. LePage is a Republican governor who is pushing to loosen child labor laws.
18wheelHauntedWe atherLab

Canton, OH

#24048 Jan 18, 2014
Really, as far as I am concerned, the only REAL things Obama did that were crap was losing all those guns in Mexico, something I am sure he didn't directly have his hands on, and lying about people being able to keep their current health care coverage. That's about it. Everything else has been proven to be bogus, propaganda fueled garbage and the scandal of the week tactic the Tea Party uses has been shown time and time again to be lies.

Since: Aug 12

United States

#24051 Jan 18, 2014
Best thing that happened to me was start working at 8 years old. Anyone else plow 40 acres at that age?
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#24052 Jan 18, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, next time I get to the Bush library, I'll make sure to check it out. Gheeze.
What this guy said is that this supposed statement was never on tape, audio or video. In fact, he said several other reporters were there and nobody else reported on this supposed statement.
Whether you believe that report or not, it was made. That means that Canton did not make that up. He was telling you a story that has been around for years. That doesn't seem like "lying" to me (unless it can be demonstrated that the story is untrue.)
Pops

Newport, KY

#24053 Jan 18, 2014
18wheelHauntedWeatherLab wrote:
<quoted text>
Type this into a search engine. Paul LePage child labor laws. LePage is a Republican governor who is pushing to loosen child labor laws.
And he is an idiot. In fact, lets start on making the name 'LePage' into a word meaning idiot!
That person is such a LePage !! lol
Canton

Canton, OH

#24054 Jan 18, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
As a child laborer. I can tell you the best thing that can happen to kids is to get a work ethic. I've been working since the age of 10 and I thank God I grew up in a time where teaching kids about responsibility was the norm for our society. Now we have a government that teaches quite the opposite, and look where we are today: expanded welfare state, more unemployment extensions, record number of people on food stamps, and foreigners coming to the country to do jobs Americans won't do because companies can't find American workers.
These kids sit home getting fat in front of the computer or video game and could care less about working. They grow up and become liberals because they think everything should be handed to them. I can't tell you how many supervisors or owners of companies I talk to that struggle getting people just to show up in the morning. They don't even bother to call the employer on the phone to prepare them for their absence. They come to work when they feel good and ready. More and more employers are turning to temporary agencies so they can try workers out before hiring them. The constant hiring, training and firing of people that end up on unemployment gets costly to businesses.
Or we could just focus on education. Oh that's right. It would become very difficult to underpay the American worker if they did. Better just stick to undermining the public education system and loosening up child labor laws. Let Liberty ring!
Republican 101

Van Wert, OH

#24055 Jan 18, 2014
UdintBuildThat wrote:
Best thing that happened to me was start working at 8 years old. Anyone else plow 40 acres at that age?
And you got a 400 acre free ride for it. Go cry us a river.
While you're at it, remind us how "personally responsible" one needs to be in order to let his parents pay his medical bills until he turned 21...

ROFLMAO
Canton

Canton, OH

#24056 Jan 18, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, gotta love those climate predictions:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =INvlbY21G9MXX
Ha ha ha ha ha! Youtube is your source now? If that's the case, then want to see a video that scientifically proves that cats can play the keyboard? Stick to chemtrails and gun show conspiracy theories and leave the science to folks that are experts in the field. No...not oil billionaires. Climate experts.
Canton

Canton, OH

#24057 Jan 18, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
As a child laborer. I can tell you the best thing that can happen to kids is to get a work ethic. I've been working since the age of 10 and I thank God I grew up in a time where teaching kids about responsibility was the norm for our society. Now we have a government that teaches quite the opposite, and look where we are today: expanded welfare state, more unemployment extensions, record number of people on food stamps, and foreigners coming to the country to do jobs Americans won't do because companies can't find American workers.
These kids sit home getting fat in front of the computer or video game and could care less about working. They grow up and become liberals because they think everything should be handed to them. I can't tell you how many supervisors or owners of companies I talk to that struggle getting people just to show up in the morning. They don't even bother to call the employer on the phone to prepare them for their absence. They come to work when they feel good and ready. More and more employers are turning to temporary agencies so they can try workers out before hiring them. The constant hiring, training and firing of people that end up on unemployment gets costly to businesses.
I can't tell you how many supervisors and owners who are actually just the lazy, inept son of the old man who started the company. Also, I'm sure there are no children of Republicans who play video games...right? Just the Liberals. You sound sillier with each passing day.

Hey, while I got you...Who was your favorite Conservative president within your lifetime? If you think I am laughing at the fact that you haven't been able to answer that question since I asked it days ago, for once you would be correct.
Republican 101

Van Wert, OH

#24058 Jan 18, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Or we could just focus on education. Oh that's right. It would become very difficult to underpay the American worker if they did. Better just stick to undermining the public education system and loosening up child labor laws. Let Liberty ring!
Educated children make lousy future conservatives. It's a self-preservation thing...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westlake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Local Woman Dies After Jumping From Moving Car ... (Oct '09) May 11 Family 60
News Pitbull supporters parade in Lakewood, North Ol... May 11 joanie 1
Harrell Faily - Open Door May 6 Scared in Grafton 1
375 Lear Rd./Walker Rd. Learwood Center Goodwill!! Apr '15 Avon Lake Goodwill 2
News William W. Stawicki Mar '15 DBozzie 1
roof cleaning (Jul '14) Jan '15 maryjaneprincton 2
News FitzGerald says there was nothing improper in 2... (Aug '14) Aug '14 mike 2
More from around the web

Westlake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]