Rocky River Rec Center-gays/lesbians ...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
RR Rec Center Member

Cleveland, OH

#21 Jun 9, 2011
Just came across this posting as I was looking up a rec center offering--have raised my family in RR, have taken advantage of many rec offerings and am presently a "family" member of the center along with my adult daughter who is temporarily living at home. Never imagined that this sort of prejudicial issuing of family memberships existed. I hope that by the time of this comment that the issue has been resolved.
DaWolf

Lead Hill, AR

#22 Jun 7, 2012
NonPerson wrote:
Well Chris, you certainly show where you stand. Funny how the rest of the people posting on this are from the surrounding area but you are out of state. Are you from this area and thus have an interest in the community, which may be why you would choose to write...Or do you go searching for "gay" things on the internet so you can voice throw in your two cents?
I am not "owed" anything because I am gay, I would just like the same benefits that others like myself that are paying taxes for this rec center get. Strange how you would see it as whining.
I agree, stop whining.
Tim

Cleveland, OH

#23 Mar 6, 2013
Being gay is a choice, I am tolerant of that choice, but with that choice you also choose and should accept the consequences. Don't choose to be gay but then complain about what comes with that choice. Family has always been defined as a union between a husband and a wife being the foundation because that is what is needed to produce children. Family is not about just having feelings for each other, it's about being bonded by blood and being blessed by God. Gay and Lesbian couples will never be blood families or blessed by God, it's not about hate or tolerance it's about fact and truth. If y'all who choose to be Gay want that for yourselves than as a Christian who disagrees with it, I respect your decision but don't look for the approval of society or gov't to help justify your decisions or try to force people to accept or agree with your lifestyle choice.
newman

Rocky River, OH

#24 Mar 8, 2013
It looks like the rec had a change of heart/ or pocketbook. 2013 rec book states family 2 adult members of the same house. No reference of gender or relations. So now Real Everyday Families can join!
Jane

West Salem, OH

#25 Mar 9, 2013
Whatever if you are not married why would u get a married couple discount? Stop being so ridiculous

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westlake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Physician Somnath Roy is accused of sex crimes (Nov '07) Nov 12 Big Red 70
Sheline (Dec '16) Nov 7 Juror 3
News Maple Heights drug dealer sold fatal heroin dos... (Jan '17) Oct 23 Umm 9
News Obituaries 10/26/11 (Nov '11) Oct 18 Roger Terri 50
Steve Dewitt realtor Oct '17 Patrick Fussell 1
Patty Yarchow Collins Sep '17 MyGod 1
Review: Patient First - John Kavlich MD (May '09) Sep '17 anon2 69

Westlake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance