Victim's Family: Don't Free the Killer

Victim's Family: Don't Free the Killer

There are 195 comments on the WJW Fox 8 Cleveland story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Victim's Family: Don't Free the Killer. In it, WJW Fox 8 Cleveland reports that:

It has been 24 years since 13-year-old Robyn Field was murdered in Berea at the hands of her 15-year-old boyfriend.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJW Fox 8 Cleveland.

CuriousoityInc

Cleveland, OH

#122 Mar 9, 2010
It's funny, the more I read of this story, the more the truth has been blurred and changed. Looking back at the original stories, it appears the family seems to have forgotten the truth.

Maybe if they found the truth within them they could let this go, face it, she is dead, there is nothing you can do to change that.

You all are really pathetic. And I for one look forward to writing the parole board and asking them to grant parole. Maybe if you had a little compassion.

And as you have seen, all your wringing of hands and crying to the media has not rallied people to your side, because you are all losers. Nobody cares!!!!
apartment in parma

Cleveland, OH

#123 Mar 9, 2010
CuriousoityInc wrote:
It's funny, the more I read of this story, the more the truth has been blurred and changed. Looking back at the original stories, it appears the family seems to have forgotten the truth.
Maybe if they found the truth within them they could let this go, face it, she is dead, there is nothing you can do to change that.
You all are really pathetic. And I for one look forward to writing the parole board and asking them to grant parole. Maybe if you had a little compassion.
And as you have seen, all your wringing of hands and crying to the media has not rallied people to your side, because you are all losers. Nobody cares!!!!
You sure do care a lot about this story for someone who is not involved... or are you ... maybe your name is Charlene Murphy. Whatever ... we all will be judged one day, even you. Have a nice day. I hope you feel better because you seem really sick.
Brenda Chicago IL

Chicago, IL

#124 Mar 22, 2010
I have to say the little I have read about this case is a terrible case of injustice. Warren Paxton Brown should have got life without parole. The Aunt should have got 25 to life. And Martin should have got at least 5 to 10 years. Whoever tried this case should have done a much better job. I wish it would have been me.
AGilbert

New York, NY

#125 Apr 19, 2010
Robyns Family... U have rallied up A LOT of hearts that will stand by you. My husband and his sisters remember this tragedy too well... They lived in the neighborhood and were around the same ages as Robyn and the monsters. What a scary time for everyone! Our son is now 14 and it blows my mind that ANY teen would even think about killing someone. I love my children, but if one of them did this I would want justice for all, even if that meant prison for life. God bless all of you, my heart is with you.
Kim

Pierceton, IN

#126 Apr 28, 2011
I actually knew Paxton growing up in Indiana. Our mothers were friends. We never heard the real story about what happened after they moved to OH. We were under a totally different impression all together. I don't exactly know why or how we were told of a different (and much less) crime. You can imagine my shock to find the truth when I googled his name. It makes me ill to know that the boy that I played tag with, spent summers swimming with and going to the drive in with did such a horrible thing; and so soon after telling him and his mother good bye. I'm just barely older than Robyn was. It's very difficult to wrap my brain around. How could the thought "That could have been me" not enter my mind. Now that I'm an adult, looking back I can see indications that Paxton was a very disturbed kid. Things that, as a child myself, I couldn't have understood as wrong or indicators of something sinister. I'll keep the family of Robyn in my prayers. I'm so sorry for their loss. I pray, too, for Paxton's mother, Linda. In truth, she was a kind person struggling to raise her son as a single mother. That's how I knew her, at least. The best I can do for Paxton is to pray that he will repent with a full heart for what he's done accepting his fate and sentence with knowledge that he deserves this. I pray that he seek and receive the mercy that only Christ can give.
Rick and Kellie Schultz

North Olmsted, OH

#127 Apr 28, 2011
Kim,
Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers. It was a tough road, but we kept him in for at least another five years, actually four years now. I never got to know Robyn, I came into the family later, but I can attest to the pain this family suffers everyday. We will go through this fight every five years, whatever it takes to make sure he never hurts another person. I can only imagine, as the reality sets in regarding what he did, how it must have hit you. And sadly you are right, it could have been you. He is a very sick individual If you would like more info on the whole truth, you can go top www.robynstarfield.com . There is an article there from the newspaper, that hits the whole truth. Thank you for caring....and God bless
Kim

Pierceton, IN

#128 Apr 28, 2011
Kellie,
The link isn't working. Is there a different link? Also, I'll certainly sign the petition for you in four years. I'm sure every signature counts. I'm a mother myself and I'd like to help.

BTW: I realized I worded something incorrectly. I'm just barely older than Robyn would be; not than she was.

God Bless to you and the family as well.
Brittany Brown

Indianapolis, IN

#129 Oct 6, 2012
He is my brother and how dare any of you judge someone who was 15 at the time of this murder. He needed help not prison. Someone explain to me how it is fair that a person who is older can shoot and kill someone and walk the streets in 7 years. He was a child just like her and he is loved and has remorse. please do not judge the man he is now for the child that he was...
Rick and Kellie Schultz

North Olmsted, OH

#130 Oct 6, 2012
Brittany - obviously you are not old enough to know the story or even be able to understand the pain "you brother" has caused this family. He knew exactly what he was doing, even planned it days in advance. He has never, ever shown any remorse, ever admitted what he did or ever told this family he was sorry for murdering Robyn. You cannot show remorse when you won't even admit what you did. He is a cold blooded, heartless murderer and deserves to spend the rest of his life in prison. He put this entire family in their own prison, aching for Robyn on every holiday, birthday, & family event. He chose to do what he did, and he deserves no mercy. Be thankful that you can still see him and be in contact with him. We do not have the luxury with Robyn. All we can do is visit a stone granite engraved with her name. He took her away from her family and left a hole that time will never fill. I have no doubt there are alot of facts in this case that you are not aware of, but please do not expect anyone to offer any kind words or sympathy for a cold blooded heartless killer. At 15, he was not a child, he was a man who made the decision to remove an angel from this earth in a brutal fashion. This family will do every thing they can to make sure that he spends the rest of his life in prison so he can never hurt another person.
Rick and Kellie Schultz

United States

#131 Oct 8, 2012
Brittany Brown wrote:
He is my brother and how dare any of you judge someone who was 15 at the time of this murder. He needed help not prison. Someone explain to me how it is fair that a person who is older can shoot and kill someone and walk the streets in 7 years. He was a child just like her and he is loved and has remorse. please do not judge the man he is now for the child that he was...
Brittany - obviously you are not old enough to know the story or even be able to understand the pain "you brother" has caused this family. He knew exactly what he was doing, even planned it days in advance. He has never, ever shown any remorse, ever admitted what he did or ever told this family he was sorry for murdering Robyn. You cannot show remorse when you won't even admit what you did. He is a cold blooded, heartless murderer and deserves to spend the rest of his life in prison. He put this entire family in their own prison, aching for Robyn on every holiday, birthday, & family event. He chose to do what he did, and he deserves no mercy. Be thankful that you can still see him and be in contact with him. We do not have the luxury with Robyn. All we can do is visit a stone granite engraved with her name. He took her away from her family and left a hole that time will never fill. I have no doubt there are alot of facts in this case that you are not aware of, but please do not expect anyone to offer any kind words or sympathy for a cold blooded heartless killer. At 15, he was not a child, he was a man who made the decision to remove an angel from this earth in a brutal fashion. This family will do every thing they can to make sure that he spends the rest of his life in prison so he can never hurt another person.
Brittany Brown

Indianapolis, IN

#132 Oct 8, 2012
I am 28 years old and old enough to know exactly what happened. Yes I do know the "facts" as you put it and our family aches too, I'm sorry for your loss and He does have remorse, you have no idea. I wasn't expecting kind words or sympathy but he was a child and he did and still does need help. I love my brother very much and I'm sorry for what everyone on both sides has had to endure. I did not respond to this to be mean or angry because everyone has hurt over this and it is a very sensitive subject, I just wanted to express a diffrent side to this issue. I am sorry if my response hurt you ar anyone else, but you must know that he is also loved and his family hurts for him and for yours
james

Brecksville, OH

#133 Jan 17, 2014
Rick and Kellie Schultz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if you would bother to read the story then you would understand the HISTORY!!!! And as far as letting it go and moving on, are you a complete moron? You obviously have no idea what loving and losing someone in such a violent manner does to a person with a caring loving soul. We are trying to make sure that this sociopath does not hurt anyone else. But since you are so into letting it go, open your doors and let this insane criminal come and live in your home, eat at your table and interact with your family. You are an absolute idiot, and as someone psoted above, you are not worth anyones time. Stupid people truly do not know they are stupid. thank you for answering that question
I would let warren come in my home he has changed and is not a naive 15 yr old child i let him hold my son who is nine months old and did two years with him. He is very different than the way people describe him on the net. I feel for her family but warren has. Never been offered the opportunity to apologize or explain his rehabilitation i personaly know him as of this year and i would gladly let him live with me and take full responsibility for him. Warren is like a brother to me and he is super intelligent and has rehabilitated in 28 yrs. FREE WARREN PAXTON BROWN
james

Brecksville, OH

#134 Jan 17, 2014
CuriousoityInc wrote:
Iam getting a group together on warrens behalf i will be in touch with you look for freewarrenbrown sites to be popping up soon i have about a thousand supporters and growing daily thanks for your support FREE WARREN BROWN !!!!!!
james

Akron, OH

#135 Jan 18, 2014
Also for everyone that thinks prison is such a horrible place it sux to have no privacy but other than that you live a worry free life no bills no job no responsibilities and when u look at your own lives consumed by work and struggle and dwelling on trying everyday to put all your effort into keping Warren Brown behind bars in this "terrible" place i ask you now consumed by hatred in the eyes of God who is the prisoner? I dont condone murder i any sense but at fifteen we all made mistakes. Warren has found God and will live free no matter where he is living. I would open my home to Warren before any of you because he knows what he did and has repented. He knows how to love and from what i can see u people only know hate. And hy the way he would like to talk to the family and apologize and answer thier questions but they will not open thier hearts or minds to listen to this man. This is not the same boy that commited this crime 28 YRZ ago. Even tho he is in prison sets a very good example of what this corections system was designed to do REHABILITATE PEOPLE THAT HAVE COMMITED CRIMES i will never stop trying to free my dear friend FREE WARREN PAXTON BROWN
james

Columbus, OH

#136 May 27, 2014
http://m.youtube.com/watch...
This is Warren Paxton Brown the man not an animal
Love You Warren praying everyday for you
Katie Bement

Avon Lake, OH

#137 Aug 16, 2014
I 100% support Robyn's family in keeping the killer behind bars. As a resident of Berea that lives close to the murder location, it breaks my heart everyday to see that lot and think a sweet and innocent 13 year old girl was not only brutally murdered there, but that her body was left there and dragged to be hidden elsewhere. Absolutely disgusting, especially on the adult aunts part as far as hiding the body! To Robyn's family you have our outmost support in all that you do to keep this man behind bars!
unknown

Brook Park, OH

#138 Nov 10, 2014
He should remain in prison so the streets are safe. My uncle was murdered 1983 on lawn ave. In Cleveland Ohio . His murderer Donald linville did make parole. He is back in prison for murder again.
Kellie Carpenter Schultz

Beachwood, OH

#139 Nov 11, 2014
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/324/374/558/de... #

We are fighting this fight once again...we won last time and we are determined to win again. Here is the link to sign the new petition for his parole hearing in 2015. We will not rest until parole is denied. Statistics show he will be a repeat offender within 3 months after release....we do not want another family to go thru what we have....please sign and share our new petition...God Bless !
annonamous 2

Columbus, OH

#140 Jan 4, 2015
annonamous wrote:
I think this man should never be released from prison. The family of this beautiful child will never be released from their pain and loss. I think once a person has killed that it is easy for them to kill again. To release this man on society would be a very big mistake.
It is a sad thing to lose a loved one. And even more so when the loved one is taken pre-maturely and in such a horrendous manner. The pain of the family I can only imagine, yet I know that God can release them from the pain they experience while holding onto the memory of their lovely daughter. The hatred and bitterness that I've experienced on this blog site has indicated that the killer is not the sole monster in this supposedly quaint little town. Forgiving is not forgetting. Forgive and let the healing begin!
Kellie and Rick Schultz

Maple Heights, OH

#141 Jan 4, 2015
annonamous 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a sad thing to lose a loved one. And even more so when the loved one is taken pre-maturely and in such a horrendous manner. The pain of the family I can only imagine, yet I know that God can release them from the pain they experience while holding onto the memory of their lovely daughter. The hatred and bitterness that I've experienced on this blog site has indicated that the killer is not the sole monster in this supposedly quaint little town. Forgiving is not forgetting. Forgive and let the healing begin!
Obviously you have not read the entire story or you are related to the murderer, either way, you are totally clueless. This quaint, little town has shown nothing but love and loss for Robyn and her family, and rightly so. They are the victims here, not the murderer, or his aunt Charlene Murphy, or Jimmy Martin or the countless other family members of the murderer who did everything they could to cover up this crime. The murderer and his family have NEVER, EVER admitted that Paxton Brown committed this murder. If you would like a full story on this please go to Robyns website at www.robynstarfield.com and there you will find the facts as written in full detail by an outside source. Further, if you for one second think that this murderer has changed, I invite you to google this monster and watch his pathetic attempt at showing his "remorse" for a "crime he was convicted of", not a crime he committed. And finally,. I invite you to watch your TV guide for the show "On the Case" with Paula Zahn which will showcase every detail of this horrendous crime and will splash the name of Robyn's murderer and all the other people involved across the country, recognizing all of them for there part of the "Shameless Murder of Robyn Field." This, my uneducated Annonamous2 (anonymous spelled correctly) is why Robyn's family is fighting so hard to keep this monster in prison so that no other family, not even those associated with people who have no clue about our family, will never suffer the pain and loss associated with such a crime. If let out, he will do this again, there is no doubt. If you can watch is video and find any sign of true emotion then you really must be related to him. We have sent all naysayers to his video for them to watch and form their own opinion, and we are happy to say that after watching it, they all come back disgusted at this cold-hearted murderer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westlake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Maple Heights drug dealer sold fatal heroin dos... (Jan '17) Wed Daddy 10
News Timothy Sheline sentenced for having his murder... (Mar '09) Wed Cdubbs 3
News Physician Somnath Roy is accused of sex crimes (Nov '07) Dec 5 Big Red 72
Sheline (Dec '16) Nov '17 Juror 3
News Obituaries 10/26/11 (Nov '11) Oct '17 Roger Terri 50
Steve Dewitt realtor Oct '17 Patrick Fussell 1
Patty Yarchow Collins Sep '17 MyGod 1

Westlake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance