Victim's Family: Don't Free the Killer

Full story: WJW Fox 8 Cleveland

It has been 24 years since 13-year-old Robyn Field was murdered in Berea at the hands of her 15-year-old boyfriend.
Comments
1 - 20 of 135 Comments Last updated May 27, 2014
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
gidg

Andover, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2010

Judged:

i say let him rot,,,,,,sorry for his family but he took a life and doesnt deserve to be out to take another,,,,,,,my heart goes out to the girls family i am in the position they are in and understand their feelings 100%
traci

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2010

Judged:

our law system is so screwed up. why give a killer another chance. He took this poor innocent girls life!!! He does need to rot in prison. I say we need to give a lethal injection to all the killers to get rid of them. why should our hard working tax dollars pay for them ???
Kimmie

Independence, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2010

Judged:

Anything I can do to help keep this animal off the streets,I will happily do so,For not only the victim but her family.
Angie Ward

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2010

Judged:

I went to school wirh Robyn I was very good friends with her. I hope that her killer stays behind bars were he should be.He took a young girls life there for he should not be able to have a lifr of his own.What he done was so un fair to Robyn her family and all her friends. Robyn was the type of person you could never forget. For all that got to no her was lucky.She wa a sweet girl.Love ya Robyn and miss you alot,
Kellie Schultz

Berea, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2010

Judged:

As a member of Robyn's Family, please go to this site http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/deny-parole-... and you can write your comments and electronically sign a petition to Keep him in jail which we will be taking to the parole board. We, the family cannot thank Fox 8, Danelle Frizzi, and the entire news crew for helping us reach out to everyone for support. Thanks to all who care!
Mrs Michael Heatherington

New Philadelphia, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2010

Judged:

I personally would rather this person not be released to the Berea area, it is a college town, and with this offense they should not be living anywhere near a school of any grade from elementary through college level. I fully support Robyn's family in their efforts to see that this offender completes his full sentence.
Bob

Berea, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2010

Let's not forget the kind, good, angelic presence she projected. It's a shame the world lost such a treasure to such a monster.
jan

Brook Park, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2010

Judged:

I remember this horrific murder. I grew up in Berea and knew Robin and her family. Robin's family and the rest of society deserves to have this monster left in jail were he is now. No parole, no freedom,he should rot in jail.
Bob

Berea, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2010

Judged:

I couldn't agree more Jan! He planned it out for days.
Joe Miller

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2010

FOX8: My utomost gratitude for your coverage of Robyn's story and for highlighting her family's campaign to keep Robyn's killer where he belongs.

Most sincerely,

Webmaster, http://rememberrobyn.net
Wanda Gilfilen

Twinsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2010

Judged:

Please don't let Brown out.In many cases you can serve more time for Drugs than murder. I know because it has happened in my family. My son was shot and the KILLER got out early his years to be sereved turned to months.When you give someone a sentence of life for murder let them serve it. don't let them out on parole because they were good for a year.as you can tell I am still very bitter. I feel justic is only for some.and still no apology.Brown dosen't deserve to get out. This happens to often.
Tina

Amherst, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2010

I grew up in Berea on Chestnut rd to think this guy lived in that city freaks me out and one of his famly members helped him to cover it up is scary.
Donna

Canal Winchester, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2010

Judged:

I believe the punishment should fit the crime, I as well grew up in the area and still do....who would want this "thing" on our streets and so close....I say quit feeding him and giving him a place to "live" GET RID OF HIM FOR GOOD, SAVE SOME TAXPAYERS MONEY!!!
Felix

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2010

The laws of this country and the courts of this country continue to disappoint me. It seems as if this convicted killer has more rights than the innocent 13 year old girl he killed in 1986. This animal needs to stay in jail where he belongs and he actually is lucky to be alive since there are many countries throughout the world that would have put a rope around his neck or a bullet through his head the same day he was convicted. I have always been curious to see what would happen in this country if convicted killers were executed the same day they were convicted. I am willing to wager a bet with anybody that the number of murders would decrease in this country instantly if these monsters knew that a rope or bullet was waiting for them as soon as they were found guilty. I remember the murder of Robyn Field in 1986 since I was also 13 years old at the time. Her murder deeply saddened me when it occurred since I was the same age as her when she was killed and her pretty smile always made me wonder why would anybody want to hurt or kill that sweet looking girl. I actually remember The Plain Dealer devoting a Sunday Magazine (the old magazine that The Plain Dealer used to publish in the Sunday paper) article to Robyn a year or so after she was killed. I never had the chance to know Robyn, but it appears that anybody who was lucky to know her was uplifted by her wonderful and caring personality.
Gina

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2010

Judged:

I remember when this happened, I was living in Berea at the time on Wallace Drive. Robin and I were on the same bus. The whole community mourned for Robin and her family and my heart still goes out to them.

I say leave him in jail, he took an innocent child's life and NOBODY should be let out of jail for murder. People would need to live in fear that he would do it again if he was set free.
Connie Zajdek Connor

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2010

Judged:

It was one of the worst evenings in my life to have to go in and tell my 14 year old daughter that what she was hearing that evening was her friend at school Robyn was found dead. Then I watched outside my kitchen window as Paxton stood in our yard talking to my daughter on the day he was arrested asking her if she believed he did this. I had to help her overcome the grief of losing her friend then being lied to by another of her classmates Paxton. We have never forgotten Robyn and all of this again has brought painful memories to the surface for my daughter at a time in her life when her, Robyn and all of her young friends should have been enjoying their young lives. Instead this story has served as a lesson my daughter now has passed on to her own daughters about always wanting to know who, what, when and where. Meeting the parents of their friends and verifying their whereabouts. They never understood and at times resentful of mom invading their privacy until they read and heard my daughter's story and read the website and newspaper articles....they now understand. I stand behind Robyn's family and will always support them in this cause. I truely don't want another family to go through this tragedy and serves as a possible lesson to anyone wanting/contemplating such a horrific act.......
Randy

Salem, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2010

Judged:

Let that killer ROT in prison..
Randy

Salem, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2010

Judged:

Let that killer rot in prison...
Melisssa Zajdek Walton

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2010

Judged:

Please , please DO NOT let Warren Paxton Brown out of prison , he is a cold hearted killer - i had the pleasure of being friends with Robyn Field back in school ( 1986 ) and this tragdey was horrible to experience at only 14 years old - I also knew Paxton Brown , and i can remember him acting as though he knew nothing about her death - wehen in the back of his mind , he knew very well what he did to her ........ we have to protect our children from people like this ........please go on her webiste and sign the petition and keep him in prison !!!!!!
thank you
annonamous

Avon Lake, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2010

Judged:

I think this man should never be released from prison. The family of this beautiful child will never be released from their pain and loss. I think once a person has killed that it is easy for them to kill again. To release this man on society would be a very big mistake.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Westlake Discussions

Search the Westlake Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 20 min d pantz 29,417
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) 11 hr Ant 2,222
Review: North Ridge Christian Life Church (Jan '13) Jul 28 Don 23
roof cleaning Jul 25 Sheila Walshin 1
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Jul 23 They cannot kill a Spook 231
Donald and Terry Johnson (Jan '14) Jul 20 Old classmate and friend 15
Revamped Brook Park Home Days haven't drawn or ... Jul 20 tim 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Westlake Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Westlake People Search