Hundreds protest shooting of dog in Westlake, call for officer's dismissal

Mar 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: West Shore Sun

Hundreds of animal activists protested today outside City Hall, several demanding the firing of an officer who shot and killed a family pet on March 6. The demonstration turned heated at times, after one Westlake resident raised a sign in support of the officer and traded verbal obscenities with members of the heavily pro-animal crowd.

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Mar 15, 2010
Man enuff NOT to kill dog

Aurora, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2010

GOD, I hope I don't sneeze if ever pulled over in Worstlake. "To protect and Serve, or, KILL?" What a WUSS! Don't use the taser, just be the man you are and fire at the dog protecting his territory. I hope you wind up with Michael Vick, the two of you can sniff each other's butts while enjoyiong your monagamous manhood together! And private citizens must get a permit just to carry a gun? Perhaps you thought it was a German Shepard, and it didn't understand your English when you ordered it to "STOP" before you fired?
sigh

North Royalton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2010

Man enuff NOT to kill dog wrote:
GOD, I hope I don't sneeze if ever pulled over in Worstlake. "To protect and Serve, or, KILL?" What a WUSS! Don't use the taser, just be the man you are and fire at the dog protecting his territory. I hope you wind up with Michael Vick, the two of you can sniff each other's butts while enjoyiong your monagamous manhood together! And private citizens must get a permit just to carry a gun? Perhaps you thought it was a German Shepard, and it didn't understand your English when you ordered it to "STOP" before you fired?
hundreds LOL what a slanted story 58 protesters there was almost more media there waiting for the 3000 people
herraraT

North Olmsted, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2010

hey sigh - what did u do, count everyone! I don't think so. There were certainly more than 58 protesters present that afternoon. Where did u get the 3000 people figure - some A.M. radio station call in where the talk show host "filtered" calls taking mostly calls that were FOR what happened, justifying that it was OK?? No one is going to agree on this but it certainly speaks volumns when every media station, newspaper and the APL are all involved. Says that "something not right" with this story. Not everyone thinks it was justified!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Westlake Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Westlake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Westlake News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Westlake