Renowned surgeon accused of sex assaults

Jun 29, 2007 Full story: The Plain Dealer 18

“The way he did it, it couldn't have been an accident”

The Cleveland Clinic fired Dr. Baldev Sekhon, the top heart surgeon at Fairview Hospital, after a doctor and five other women accused him of sexually assaulting them in his office. via The Plain Dealer

Full Story
anon

United States

#1 Jul 3, 2007
there are two sides to every story. read between the lines and you can come up with the problem here

Since: May 07

United States

#2 Jul 12, 2007
----------between the lines tells the same facts----that doctor is a creep.
-----Why has this creep not been outsourced back to India yet ??

c-19 francesco
Mary

Little Rock, AR

#3 Jul 12, 2007
frankCC wrote:
----------between the lines tells the same facts----that doctor is a creep.
-----Why has this creep not been outsourced back to India yet ??
c-19 francesco
I agree. I think the doctor is a creep and should be deported ASAP.
laura

Elyria, OH

#4 Jul 20, 2007
it is so amusing when people suggest we ship out every negative person in the USA. there are skeletons in everyone's closets; quite likely people in your families have been less than perfect at some point. should we ship them back to a country best matching their last name?

in addition, many americans complain about the situations in other countries and how they affect us. why would we send people who do bad things to those countries? so they can no longer be monitored by us? real smart!
Mary

Little Rock, AR

#5 Jul 20, 2007
laura wrote:
it is so amusing when people suggest we ship out every negative person in the USA. there are skeletons in everyone's closets; quite likely people in your families have been less than perfect at some point. should we ship them back to a country best matching their last name?
in addition, many americans complain about the situations in other countries and how they affect us. why would we send people who do bad things to those countries? so they can no longer be monitored by us? real smart!
I feel he should be shipped back to wherever he came from because he broke the law. Period. He wasn't born here,it was a PRIVELEDGE for him to be here. He violated that priveledge. And if he's in his OWN country, molesting women THERE, we don't NEED to monitor him. His OWN government does.

People who were born here and commit heinous crimes like this against women are imprisoned. THIS man just simply went to another hospital and got another job. Is that how YOU think he should be rewarded?

Since: May 07

United States

#6 Jul 21, 2007
--------well Laura---you are amused -----and you are certain that everyone has a skeleton in their closet------and that statement--
" ship them back to the country that matches their last name "--- was very clever---and you are right again---we should keep those bad people here so we can watch for them when they do some more bad things. I bet you are on the City Council---right ??

c-19 francesco

Since: Jun 07

Barnesville, OH

#7 Jul 22, 2007
laura wrote:
it is so amusing when people suggest we ship out every negative person in the USA. there are skeletons in everyone's closets; quite likely people in your families have been less than perfect at some point. should we ship them back to a country best matching their last name?
in addition, many americans complain about the situations in other countries and how they affect us. why would we send people who do bad things to those countries? so they can no longer be monitored by us? real smart!
Wake up dumbass. Send them backj to where they came from. We defend our shores and our people. You take for granted everything you have and feel sorry for everyone. If that was your mom or your daughter would you feel the same way? If you say yes you are a fool if you say no then you are a hypocrite. Choose your poison fool.
Mary

Little Rock, AR

#8 Jul 22, 2007
C W H wrote:
<quoted text>
Wake up dumbass. Send them backj to where they came from. We defend our shores and our people. You take for granted everything you have and feel sorry for everyone. If that was your mom or your daughter would you feel the same way? If you say yes you are a fool if you say no then you are a hypocrite. Choose your poison fool.
BINGO! Great answer and right on target! It's ok to feel empathy for someone (although not THIS guy if he did what he was accused of) without feeling like you have to PAY for it. And if this man is a sexual predator, he needs to GO HOME...and let HIS government watch him. We have ENOUGH perverts here, both legally and illegally! The Department of Homeland Security did a report some years ago...about 5 or 6 I think....we had, at THAT time 240,000 illegal alien sexual predators in this nation. I think that's enough!
clevelander

Mason, MI

#9 Aug 9, 2007
if he guilty,he should be punished, no doubt.if not-- just by accusation one doesn't become gulty he is an american citizen so this is his country as well , he should atleast be heard and given fair trial and if found guilty, he should be punished according to our law here.

it is a shame is although they have filed for divorce, they are still very much together, going to all the weddings, functions you can think of , its another way of fooling the system.so there in case of lawsuit, he does not have to pay any body any fine to anyone as the wife will have everything!
it is a shame and some one should do some thing about it.
anonymous

Cleveland, OH

#10 Mar 8, 2008
People these days lie to get money and how do you all know that the girl didn't lie. And another fact USA wouldn't be running so well if the foreigners wern't here. Before you say anything about anything get your facts straight. No one knows the truth and maybe no one will ever know
anonymous

Port Clinton, OH

#11 Apr 29, 2008
I know I don't know all the facts of the case, and I'm pretty sure none of us do. There's only one way to learn all the facts, a trial by jury. We live in a country where we are innocent until we are proven guilty. Thank God this is the case. Sexual assault is a very sensitive subject. But, until they are proven guilty, who are we to judge? And, how would you feel if this happened to you?
He may be guilty, but the people who are accusing him may also be jealous of his success or they just may not get along with him.
If these accusations were so true, the police could have filed charges without an individual person filing them. If he were found guilty his medical license would be gone. I know this because I'm a physician.
adam

Cleveland, OH

#12 May 22, 2008
The previous comment is perfect. I can't believe these idiots saying we should deport this guy...he is a citizen of the US. Other than Native Americans, none of us has any more right to stay here than he does. Have you morons read the constitution?

As a physician, you don't understand how often people are jealous of you. They don't care that you spent your entire life until your were 33 in school/residency and the next 5 paying off your loans. Jealous, petty and downright racist when you start talking about money or deporting citizens.
michelle

North Olmsted, OH

#13 Apr 26, 2011
This doctor saved my life. His skill, his reassurance to me in the height of my fears and the kindness he showed me as well as my family will never be forgotten. He was absolutely professional in every way, and I find these comments more than unkind especially since most of you have probably never even met him
healthcommentato r

Jaipur, India

#14 Oct 20, 2011
Whatever we say should be said with a sense of responsibility. Nobody knows what transpired even in the case of Bill Clinton also. His reputation has suffered because of the allegations and that is a punishment in itself. He has been a great surgeon and has done a lot of good work. Nobody denies that it was a misconduct but then we all are humans who have done mischievious things at some point in our life and those who have never done anything wrong are gods and hats off to them
Sweetie USA

Olmsted Falls, OH

#15 Nov 2, 2011
Men from India always try to say they are so innocent. They are guilty of sexual abuse.
mandy

Delhi, India

#16 Sep 4, 2012
its not about bein from USA or india, a person who is proven guilty should be punished , by deporting him to his country his attitude towards women wont change , he will still consider them as a commodity
these ppl should be severely punished , their degrees should be held invalid so that they are not treated as God by the trusting patients
no name

Carroll, OH

#17 Sep 4, 2012
Sweetie USA wrote:
Men from India always try to say they are so innocent. They are guilty of sexual abuse.
im glad only men from india r all rapist
mandy

Delhi, India

#18 Sep 5, 2012
only men from india are rapist?????????
As if rape isnt happening in any other part of the world?
what i m saying is guilty shoud be severley punished and not left in the society openly to do more harm to innocent people

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westlake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
republicans take the senate and america gets be... Tue tommorrow 1
Obituaries 10/26/11 (Nov '11) Oct 18 Roger and Terri 42
Pandrangi Tower will open soon at Southwest Gen... Oct 15 Ivieivy 1
Wholesale Medical Marijuana supplier Oct 11 good stuff 1
bed bugs Sep 25 concerned bulldog 1
Man charged in Cleveland rape is now suspect in... Sep 25 Serve Justice 1
FitzGerald says there was nothing improper in 2... Aug '14 mike 2
Westlake Dating
Find my Match

Westlake Jobs

Westlake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Westlake News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Westlake

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]