Model airplanes might get parked

TALLMADGE: When Summit County Metro Parks took control of about 290 acres just north of the county fairgrounds last year, the Corsair Model Aircraft Club was excited. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
trashbug

Aurora, IL

#86 Jun 27, 2008
Who Cares wrote:
Grown people playing with little kids toys..Time To GROW UP..Spend more time contributing something useful to society.
Let's me think this one through. Use a couple of "Kid's toys", balls and sticks as an example of how out of touch you are. According to your definition we need to get rid of baseball, football, basketball, hockey, golf, soccer, volley ball..and on. What do you do for recreation? Read a book? NOPE you can't do that 'cause kids do that! Wow, you must have a really dull life!

I think I would rather play with my "Kids Toys" You obviously have a very "Shy" outlook on life.(sorry I couln't resist)

Since: Jun 08

Warm Springs, GA

#87 Jun 27, 2008
Now more to the point.

Keith Shy, the "Rules Are Rules" guy ended up in court because he wouldn't follow his city's regulations for lawn upkeep. Apparently he feels that the only good rules are the ones be agrees with. I've known a few folks like that and they were jerks. Maybe Shy doesn't fit this groove but from what I've heard and seen he's a perfect fit.

Rumor has it that Shy sent his employees looking for and photographing model airplane remains on his newly acquired kingdom. He thinks this proves his claim that the models are hazardous to public safety. I'll bet he didn't take any pictures of fallen trees or tree limbs that have hit the ground over the last 35 years.

There are two ways to lie. The first by commission and the second by omission; Frequently what we don't say can be more important than what we do say. I can lie by telling you something that I know to be untrue and I can lie by NOT telling you what I know to be true. This type of lie is especially important when I'm trying to convince you that the lie I told you is true.

Yes, I'm calling Shy a liar.

Prove me wrong.
crazybug

Norwalk, OH

#88 Jun 30, 2008
I'm a little lost by trashbugs comments that Shy was "in court" over grass? I looked up every court website in summit county, and there are no records against shy or the parks for grass. Clarify if you could please. Understand, I am not standing up for him, but you need to post facts, not lies.

“Just Watching the Parade”

Since: Jul 07

Akron

#89 Jun 30, 2008
Who Cares wrote:
Grown people playing with little kids toys..Time To GROW UP..Spend more time contributing something useful to society.
Oh, good grief...
It's a HOBBY fr' cryin' out loud!

Do you understand the concept behind hobbies?
Doing something FUN!

How sad must your life be.
trashbug

Cleveland, OH

#90 Aug 1, 2008
I hope I donít fall off this soap box and break something butÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ.

I donít believe any decision will be made by the Metro Parks Commissioners until after the November election. After the election you can pretty much count on them backing Keith Shy in his effort to make it impossible for the Corsair Model Aircraft Club to fly at the Summit County Fairgrounds.

They donít want any backlash to spill over on Judge Spicer who is the person that appointed them and could if he wanted to, remove them. Judge Spicer is running for reelection in November.

FIY, Judge Spicer is a Republican, the three ladies he appointed to the Metro Parks commissioners post are staunch Republicans and smart money says Keith Shy is a Republican. The nuts never fall far from the tree. This really is an issue of right and wrong and not one of politics. Unfortunately, because of the way the cards have been dealt the only remedy I see is at the ballot box. I donít know if Judge Stormer will do anything to solve this problem but voting her into office is the place to start if you have any interest in righting this wrong. This smells almost as bad as some of the eminent domain problems Iíve seen in the past few years.

Personally I have decided to wait until September 1, to give the Commissioners a fair chance to make a decision favorable to the CMAC. If they have made no decision by that time or have made a decision to back Mr. Shy in kicking out the CMAC from the home they have enjoyed for 38 years I ask all of you, your family, friends and acquaintancesí to join me in supporting Judge Stormer in an effort to get Judge Spicer out of office and then the Metro Parks commissioners and Director as well.

http://www.judgestormer.com/

From now until after the November election you will likely see this message or one similar to it in as many places as I can get it printed or posted. It would give me great pleasure if you would write your own note or copy this one and post it wherever you can!
trashbug

Cleveland, OH

#91 Oct 22, 2008
Why did the Akron Beacon Journal endorse Spicer over Stormer for Probate Judge? I've sorted the information presented by the BJ on Oct. 9, 2008
http://www.ohio.com/editorial/opinions/306715...
Let's figure this one out based on what the BJ knows about the candidates.
Judge Spicerís plus column:
1. He has been an outstanding judge in many ways.(opinion)
2. He continues to be a leader in shaping state guardianship laws. He remains an able administrator, a most important aspect of the job in handling wills and estates. He has risen to the occasion in difficult end-of-life matters.(opinion)
3. He takes seriously other duties, including appointments to the Metro Parks board.(An opinion)
Judge Spicerís negative column:
1. Spicer also has permitted excessive partisanship to infect the court.(fact)
2. In 2005, the Ohio Supreme Court reprimanded Spicer for professional misconduct stemming from campaign ads attacking his opponent in 2002.(fact)
http://www.sconet.state.oh.us/communications_...
3. This episode wasn't the first involving the apparent intersection of partisanship and the court.(fact)
4. Worth emphasis is that Arshinkoff worked with Joe Masich, then and now Spicer's top assistant. All three, judge, assistant and political boss, sullied the office.(fact)
Judge Stormerís plus column:
1. Stormer is intelligent, energetic and accomplished.(opinion)
2. Stormer would bring fresh eyes and a record of achievement.(opinion)
3. She has shown much administrative skill.(opinion)
4. She helped revamp the probation department.(opinion)
5. She has been innovative.(opinion)
6. Launched a drug court at the municipal level to a re-entry court for those leaving prison and looking to build a productive life.(fact)
7. She has many proposals for the probate court, for instance, a citizenís advisory board.(fact)
Judge Stormerís negative column:
1. At the same time, her candidacy carries a splash of political payback.(opinion)
2. You almost hear Democratic minds turning (opinion)
3. She has little experience in probate law.(opinion. That she has LESS experience would most likely be fact.)
Here are the facts presented by the Beacon Journal endorsement
Judge Spicer
1. Has permitted excessive partisanship to infect the court.
2. In 2005 the Ohio Supreme Court reprimanded Spicer for professional misconduct.
3. This episode wasn't the first.
4. Arshinkoff worked with Joe Masich, then and now Spicer's top assistant. All three, judge, assistant and political boss, sullied the office.
Judge Stormer
1. Launched a drug court at the municipal level to a re-entry court for those leaving prison and looking to build a productive life.
2. Has many proposals for the probate court, for instance, a citizenís advisory board.
The Bottom Line
Using the information contained in the Akron Beacon Journal endorsement of Judge Spicer over Judge Stormer, If we add the plusís and minusís for each candidate, we come up with a plus 4 for Stormer and a minus 1 for Spicer. Based on the information contained in the BJ article It looks like Stormer is the better choice.
Disregarding opinions itís even more decisive with Stormer receiving a plus 2 with Spicer at a minus 4. I have to wonder how the BJ came to their conclusion!
Although Judge Spicer has been in office for many years the only compelling reason for him to remain in office is his length of service. Unfortunately his length of service is also the reason he must go. Too often politicians become complacent and forget their responsibility to ALL the people in their community. It is also unfortunate that any judge would make decisions like the ones appointing the Summit County Metroparks Commissioners which I believe were based more on political connections than abilities.

Judge Stormer should have the opportunity rid our Probate Court of excessive partisan politics.
trashbug

Norwalk, OH

#92 Oct 22, 2013
crazybug wrote:
I'm a little lost by trashbugs comments that Shy was "in court" over grass? I looked up every court website in summit county, and there are no records against shy or the parks for grass. Clarify if you could please. Understand, I am not standing up for him, but you need to post facts, not lies.
It was a misdemeanor. It won't show up in court records unless you go to the court house and search.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westlake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 5 hr PASStyme2retireUR... 31,129
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Fri Vic 231
April Marie Tinsley Case and Amy Renee Mihalije... Sep 15 Advanced Technology 5
Cut screen interpreted as attempted break in: O... Sep 14 BLB 1
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Sep 13 They cannot kill ... 191
'Amy Mihaljevic' author draws 100 (May '07) Sep 11 Advanced Technology 4
Urine bucket challenge, Shermanfest reaction, w... Sep 8 Old school justice 2
•••

Rip Current Statement for Cuyahoga County was issued at September 21 at 4:17AM EDT

•••
•••

Westlake Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Westlake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Westlake News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Westlake
•••