Model airplanes might get parked

TALLMADGE: When Summit County Metro Parks took control of about 290 acres just north of the county fairgrounds last year, the Corsair Model Aircraft Club was excited. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Serving Summit County

Norwalk, OH

#1 Jun 22, 2008
Hear me Parkies:

Accomodation is necessary, otherwise no more tax increases.
Use Common Sense

Cleveland, OH

#2 Jun 23, 2008
They kick out remote control boats at Springfield Lake and now remote planes, nice job Summit County. Having fun in Ohio is against the law!
SDespot

Warren, OH

#3 Jun 23, 2008
I don't own a plane like this, but come on, this is a bunch of bull! Someone is always trying to take the fun away from someone all of the time. As soon as someone gets a bug up their butt about something then it is a huge deal all over the place.

In the last 8 years I have seen more fun and more rights taken away from U.S. citizens than ever before.

Since: Mar 07

Akron, OH

#5 Jun 23, 2008
Let's see. We can spend millions and millions on bike paths, hikin' trails, bridle trails, etc, but we can't accommodate a model airplane club at no extra cost?
Traditionalist

Baltimore, MD

#7 Jun 23, 2008
Leave the planes alone. Keith Shy - back off. I've never even flown one before but I've lived in Tallmadge all my life and worked at the park (Munroe Falls) for five summers. They create no nuisance whatsoever. You are making an issue where there is none.
Real teacher

Canton, OH

#9 Jun 23, 2008
Kieth Shy you stink!
Your park system is an overpriced SCAM.

Perhaps you should go after your employees (O'neil Woods/Big Bend skating site are their favorite place) that SLEEP on the job before some model airplanes.

When will you be looking for more money from me in the form of a levy?

“Just Watching the Parade”

Since: Jul 07

Akron

#10 Jun 23, 2008
No remote control toys in the park? Why?
TFC

Lowellville, OH

#11 Jun 23, 2008
NO smoking, NO gambling, NO hookers, NO r/c boats, NO r/c/ planes....NO FUN!!!
resident

Uniontown, OH

#12 Jun 23, 2008
we the people are getting tired of having everything we enjoy doing taken away.that field should be dedicated for the use of model airplane.
exceptions to rules are made everyday.its time to make one here.

“Just Watching the Parade”

Since: Jul 07

Akron

#13 Jun 23, 2008
TFC wrote:
NO smoking, NO gambling, NO hookers, NO r/c boats, NO r/c/ planes....NO FUN!!!
Can you imagine how crappy your life would be if you were a smoking, gambling hooker with a passion for R/C models?

“Er...Protector of Free Speech?”

Since: Mar 08

The AKR

#14 Jun 23, 2008
LITTLE TYREE wrote:
What next.....kick all the fat girls out of barberton??
Tyree, you a little off on this one. The point is all of the FUN is being declared unlawful. The fatties in Barbertucky are anything but fun! And, therefore, unfortunately still legal! Yikes!

Oh yeah, let 'em keep the daggum planes!

The AKR

#15 Jun 23, 2008
B_Radley wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you imagine how crappy your life would be if you were a smoking, gambling hooker with a passion for R/C models?
Sounds like a Democrat to me!!!
Real teacher

Canton, OH

#16 Jun 23, 2008
Wait until 2009. You ain't seen nutin' yet!
SDespot wrote:
I don't own a plane like this, but come on, this is a bunch of bull! Someone is always trying to take the fun away from someone all of the time. As soon as someone gets a bug up their butt about something then it is a huge deal all over the place.
In the last 8 years I have seen more fun and more rights taken away from U.S. citizens than ever before.
SDespot

Hudson, OH

#17 Jun 23, 2008
Bergermeister wrote:
<quoted text>
Tyree, you a little off on this one. The point is all of the FUN is being declared unlawful. The fatties in Barbertucky are anything but fun! And, therefore, unfortunately still legal! Yikes!
Oh yeah, let 'em keep the daggum planes!
If you think that is bad, you should look around Akron. Fatties are FAR worse there.
Soulman

Akron, OH

#18 Jun 23, 2008
This "rules are rules" crap shows that:
A. This guy is very closed minded
B. He has never had a day of fun in his whole life
and C. He does not want any more funding from the taxpayers.

Remember this the next time you ask for money!!! These people were there before you and you should let them stay.

The AKR

#19 Jun 23, 2008
SDespot wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think that is bad, you should look around Akron. Fatties are FAR worse there.
Face it Despot. They are everywhere in this country. But, we're off topic. Let's get back to bashin' local governments for banning harmless recreational activities. Unless, of course you hit someone with a model plane!

BTW, if that did happen, would NTSB get involved for the crash investigation?
City Worker

Dayton, OH

#20 Jun 23, 2008
Serving Summit County wrote:
Hear me Parkies:
Accomodation is necessary, otherwise no more tax increases.
Exactly---if those planes aren't flying, don't expect a "yes" vote on your next levy.
Real teacher

Canton, OH

#21 Jun 23, 2008
Soulman--You are the MAN!

Shy is close minded and his park 'rules' reflect this mentality.

This is why I stay out of the Metro Parks.

FUNNY--THE CRIME IN THESE PARKS NEVER SEEM TO MAKE THE AKRON BEACON JOURNBAL--FROM THE PURSE SNATCHINGS AT THE GORGE TO THE PERVERTS FORNICATING AT SAND RUN.

JUST A COINCIDENCE OR IS THE ABJ IN THE TANK WITH THE METRO PARKS SERVING SUMMIT COUNTY
Soulman wrote:
Remember this the next time you ask for money!!! These people were there before you and you should let them stay.
City Worker

Dayton, OH

#22 Jun 23, 2008
Soulman wrote:
This guy(who probably isn't "satisfied" as the Rolling Stones would say) needs to resign and be replaced by someone who realizes parks are about FUN and not about RULES.

NO more parks levies passing if the planes aren't flying.
Revshredd

Cleveland, OH

#23 Jun 23, 2008
If you ban the club from their current home at the fairgrounds, it will be my mission to campain relentlessly to never pass a park levy again. You are lucky you were given that land to begin with and now you act like a spoild little brat not wanting to share. Give me a break Shy, you've already run the place into the ground with rumors flying that you may close the swimming park. You keep this level of performance up and NO ONE will want to come any where near your park. Get a clue for a change and pull your head out of your rear. Next thing you know you'll be shooting birds out of the sky that fly over the park. What a joke. Enjoy your levy support now while you have it because it will soon come to an end if you don't wise up!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westlake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
North Ridgeville Internet Providers (Nov '07) Nov 7 MaryEllen Minter 5
Items (Oct '11) Nov 1 Kim 2
Trick or treating Nov 1 Jessica 1
republicans take the senate and america gets be... Oct '14 tommorrow 1
Obituaries 10/26/11 (Nov '11) Oct '14 Roger and Terri 42
Pandrangi Tower will open soon at Southwest Gen... Oct '14 Ivieivy 1
Wholesale Medical Marijuana supplier Oct '14 good stuff 1

High Wind Warning for Cuyahoga County was issued at November 24 at 11:34AM EST

Westlake Dating
Find my Match

Westlake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Westlake News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Westlake

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:38 am PST

CBS Sports 7:38AM
Belichick on Dominic Raiola: 'He's never beaten us; tough day for him'
NBC Sports 7:40 AM
Bill Belichick twists the knife on Dominic Raiola for cut block
Bleacher Report 8:11 AM
Hoyer Is 1st Browns QB with 300-Yds Back-to-Back Since '83
Bleacher Report 8:18 AM
Insider Buzz: Lions' Failed Test at NE to Have Huge Impact on Suh Contract Talks
NFL 8:21 AM
Brian Hoyer: 'I feel like I let the team down'