Man Clings to Life After Head First Fall into Well

Full story: WJW Fox 8 Cleveland

A man is clinging to life after being submerged in water, upside down, inside a sump pump well for several minutes.
Comments
41 - 50 of 50 Comments Last updated Apr 7, 2010
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Carla

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2010

Many of you readers are third grade dropouts and cannot even comprehend this basic article. It is a wonder that you survive yourselves. The friend did everything right- no question. There is no way any of you complainers could lift a man up by his heels even standing up on dry land much less leaning down into a hole! You morons!!!!
Carla

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2010

the above post said "a hole" and the site made it "****" guess they thought that was going to be a dirty word. ha!
EDD

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2010

bob wrote:
Why did he wait 3-5 minutes to call for help? I hope he will come out of this okay.
It didn't say he waited 3-5 minutes to call. It said the he was submerged for about 5 minutes before the officers arrived. It takes some time for officers to arrive on the scene.

“Living the life.”

Since: Mar 10

Bay Village, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2010

Judged:

sjs wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the article says when officers arrived, not when the call was first placed. Reading comprehension fail.
Wrong again, chum. I heard the 911 tape. I already said that. Try to keep up, mkay?
Bobby Yarush

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2010

Judged:

What a dumb person....
Steve

Lorain, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2010

I know both of the people involved and neither one of them are morons. Only the people bad-mouthing them are morons. You all should be ashamed of yourselves and Karma is indeed a bitch! Most of you would panic just as well.
Steve

Avon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2010

NewGramm wrote:
I don't know if I missed something in this story..but if the police were able to grab his feet and pull him out, why didn't his friend do that instead of waiting 3 - 5 minutes to call for help. My prayers are with this man that he makes a complete recovery.
Did it ever occur to you that maybe his friend tried to get him out by himself first but then realized that he couldn't and THEN called police. Think before you speak you moron!
John

North Olmsted, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2010

Judged:

This is Hals son. I would like to start by saying thank you to everyone for your positive thoughts in this time of difficulty for my father and family. As for the friend. I have known him well most of my life, my father would not be alive today without him. He did everything he should have done correctly. As for the above comment from Bobby Yarush APO, AE, and anyone else who would like to make negative comments I hope you and all your loved ones never have to experience what my father and family have been through.
PatriotDem

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2010

John, How is your father doing? I'm praying for his recovery.

“Perfect? NO. Forgiven? YES!”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2010

John wrote:
This is Hals son. I would like to start by saying thank you to everyone for your positive thoughts in this time of difficulty for my father and family. As for the friend. I have known him well most of my life, my father would not be alive today without him. He did everything he should have done correctly. As for the above comment from Bobby Yarush APO, AE, and anyone else who would like to make negative comments I hope you and all your loved ones never have to experience what my father and family have been through.
Hopefully he is doing much better. Has to be a tough time for all. Forgive me for thinking that his friend didn't do enough. The initial story wasn't very well written. You and your family are in our prayers.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Westlake Discussions

Search the Westlake Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr ino 29,370
Review: North Ridge Christian Life Church (Jan '13) 23 hr Don 23
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 26 Go Blue Forever 2,218
roof cleaning Jul 25 Sheila Walshin 1
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Jul 23 They cannot kill a Spook 231
Donald and Terry Johnson (Jan '14) Jul 20 Old classmate and friend 15
Revamped Brook Park Home Days haven't drawn or ... Jul 20 tim 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Westlake Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Westlake People Search