Police Dashcam Released in Dog Shooting

The owner of the dog shot and killed by a local police officer has met with Westlake Mayor Dennis Clough. Full Story
Paula K

Vanda, Finland

#1 Aug 11, 2010
This is all too awful. A policeman just cannot do ANYthing. I think he simply should be fired.
fpw29

Saint John, Canada

#2 Sep 18, 2010
THESE COPS HAVE GOT TO STOP WITH THESE GUNS ... YOU WANT TO SHOOT EM OFF GO TO A RANGE AND DO IT.

I think they should go to a training forum to learn how to deal with dogs here is a good site to start

http://www.nacanet.org/

they should also not only go through the course but also demonstrate proficiency against an attacking dog and notice the difference in charges....friendly and unfriendly before putting on the badge for the first time
Miriam Troyan

Akron, OH

#3 Sep 24, 2010
As a Cleveland Police officer, I have a scar on my left ankle from getting bit by a dog, which I pepper sprayed. Deadly Force was not necessary. Officer Morales is connected and protected though, so nothing would happen to him. Of course he didn't remember: they teach you in the Police Academy the phrase "I cannot recall."
What I think happened was that Morales is scared sh*tless of dogs, and he reacted like any other bully on the Job would.
What scares me is that when they shoot a dog, they go back to the station and laugh about it.
One of my claims to fame is that I missed a dog with a 12-guage shotgun about fourteen years ago, and I declared that I didn't want to shoot the dog, but I knew he was also scared and I didn't want him to bite me. Finally, the Lieutenant gave me a copy of a Form-1, to fill in the blanks, as to why I discharged the weapon. The scary thing is that Morales' report reads about the same as mine, with different times and dates: I was a rookie then. The dog was approaching in a menacing fashion. Your partner was the only witness.
They tried to save the animal because Morales F*CKED up! It was not conscience but fear, the same fear that propelled him to shoot the animal in the first place.
Miriam Troyan

Akron, OH

#4 Sep 24, 2010
If you are a police officer, snicthes get stitches. I remember Jill Pedersen holding a gun to a guy's head while her partner Lisa Cornell sat on the handcuffed man's back and bitch slapped him. It was our incident and arrest.
I agree with JUSTICE. I remember Sgt. Marty Stanton rolling up onto a scene and saying, "Shoot that dog!" because it was a Pittie. I pet the dog and got doogie kisses, and the owner said "Thank You."
Police officers are very much a legalized gang, but so are lawyers and politicians.
I remember Officer Robert Nagy was harassing a man with a Pit Bull, because he could. Officers receive no dog training, and they would probably sleep through class anyway. This man was surrounded by police, and I assessed the dog's body language. Sergeant Kevin Dunlay supported his guys told me to get away from the dog. I yelled back that he was not vicious! He yelled back that he has teeth, and could bite. Now that I am at the end of my police career, I guess I have teeth, too. I might not be able to make change or eliminate hypocricy, but I am sure gonna try!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westlake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teens flee the scene when owner finds them in g... (Sep '09) Feb 19 Michael 2
Man found dead after car plunge over cliff alon... Feb 15 freethinkradio do... 1
Review: Patient First - John Kavlich MD (May '09) Feb 1 scary doctor 57
Just Moved Here! Are There Any Indoor Basketbal... Jan '15 Maureen 2
Review: North Ridge Christian Life Church (Jan '13) Jan '15 Pat 25
roof cleaning (Jul '14) Jan '15 maryjaneprincton 2
Disabled people can't use Olmsted Falls library (Feb '11) Jan '15 Helen8809 6
Westlake Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Westlake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:32 am PST

ESPN 8:32AM
'$UH?' billboards aimed at DT up in Detroit
NBC Sports 9:01 AM
$omebody in Detroit is $ort of up$et about Ndamukong $uh
CBS Sports11:00 AM
LOOK: Lions fans put up '$UH' billboards around Detroit
Bleacher Report12:15 PM
Hawkins Wrote Fake Recommendation to Land an NFL Agent
Bleacher Report 2:00 PM
Should Browns Spend Big on Maclin or Draft WR?