Bakery worker gets 22 years to life i...

Bakery worker gets 22 years to life in boss' killing

There are 19 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 9, 2009, titled Bakery worker gets 22 years to life in boss' killing. In it, Newsday reports that:

An employee of a Patchogue bakery who admitted killing his boss and then fleeing to Mexico was sentenced to 22 years to life in prison yesterday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

gaby

Madison, NJ

#1 Feb 2, 2009
I thought all ecuadorean immigrants were saints. My bad.

“Go Ahead Liberal, Make My Day”

Since: Dec 07

Florida...home of Trump

#2 Feb 2, 2009
what's the world coming to when you can't hide in Mexico anymore ?

“It might have been !!!”

Since: Aug 07

F&P City

#3 Feb 2, 2009
Guinness Drinker wrote:
what's the world coming to when you can't hide in Mexico anymore ?
He should have contacted Olivia's ex-boyfriend and asked to hide out on his boat.

“Go Ahead Liberal, Make My Day”

Since: Dec 07

Florida...home of Trump

#4 Feb 2, 2009
Tap San in LIC wrote:
<quoted text>
He should have contacted Olivia's ex-boyfriend and asked to hide out on his boat.
probably; too much activity on Mars for sure
The Bronx

New York, NY

#5 Feb 2, 2009
White kids looking at 4 1/2 years for killing hispanic man. Hispanic man gets 22 years for killing white man. Is something wrong with that picture? Or is it just Suffolk County being racist again? Or is it that that white mans life is worth more than that hispanic mans life? I'm confused.

“Miss Princess Evaya”

Since: Sep 08

Purgatory

#6 Feb 2, 2009
The Bronx wrote:
White kids looking at 4 1/2 years for killing hispanic man. Hispanic man gets 22 years for killing white man. Is something wrong with that picture? Or is it just Suffolk County being racist again? Or is it that that white mans life is worth more than that hispanic mans life? I'm confused.
Different circumstances. The white kids that you are talking about are minors. This case was premeditated, and the man was paid to kill his boss. I see a big difference in the cases, but I agree with you that one life should not be worth more than anothers.

“Trying is...”

Since: Feb 08

the first step towards failure

#7 Feb 2, 2009
The Bronx wrote:
White kids looking at 4 1/2 years for killing hispanic man. Hispanic man gets 22 years for killing white man. Is something wrong with that picture? Or is it just Suffolk County being racist again? Or is it that that white mans life is worth more than that hispanic mans life? I'm confused.
Ugh. Somehow I don't think "Rodrigo Jimenez-Olmedo" was married to Buffy and played squash at the country club. BUT, if you read the article before you went on your ridiculous rant, you would've seen the victim was a Mexican immigrant.
The Bronx

New York, NY

#8 Feb 2, 2009
Evaya wrote:
<quoted text>
Different circumstances. The white kids that you are talking about are minors. This case was premeditated, and the man was paid to kill his boss. I see a big difference in the cases, but I agree with you that one life should not be worth more than anothers.
Granted they were minors. But not only did they plan and intend to kill this hispanic man, they are now being charged with 7 or 9 other hate crimes associated with assaulting and robbing other hispanic people. The bottom line is, if this had of been a "gang" of black kids they would all be getting at least 15 years to life a piece for there involvement and the killer would be getting 25-life, no doubht, no question, no mercy. There are many black minors sitting in Riverhead and Sing Sing right now who are witness to the racial bias and prejudice in Suffolk County.
The Bronx

New York, NY

#9 Feb 2, 2009
Al Kahalik wrote:
<quoted text>
Ugh. Somehow I don't think "Rodrigo Jimenez-Olmedo" was married to Buffy and played squash at the country club. BUT, if you read the article before you went on your ridiculous rant, you would've seen the victim was a Mexican immigrant.
Still a double standard. One gets 22 years for taking a life, the other gets 4 1/2 years for taking a life. Both murders were intentional.Who determines the value of a life. Who determines who's life is worth more?

“Trying is...”

Since: Feb 08

the first step towards failure

#10 Feb 2, 2009
The Bronx wrote:
<quoted text>
Still a double standard. One gets 22 years for taking a life, the other gets 4 1/2 years for taking a life. Both murders were intentional.Who determines the value of a life. Who determines who's life is worth more?
Your post was wrong, period. But this is what you're about. I merely pointed out that perhaps you should read the article, this way you're better informed, and don't post silly, irrelevant comments. As far as racial injustice conversation, plenty of other folks on here who'll engage with you, not I.

“Miss Princess Evaya”

Since: Sep 08

Purgatory

#11 Feb 2, 2009
The Bronx wrote:
<quoted text>
Granted they were minors. But not only did they plan and intend to kill this hispanic man, they are now being charged with 7 or 9 other hate crimes associated with assaulting and robbing other hispanic people. The bottom line is, if this had of been a "gang" of black kids they would all be getting at least 15 years to life a piece for there involvement and the killer would be getting 25-life, no doubht, no question, no mercy. There are many black minors sitting in Riverhead and Sing Sing right now who are witness to the racial bias and prejudice in Suffolk County.
Well, you don't know how long those 'white kids' are looking at either. You are comparing something that is done to something that you are anticipating. The kids have yet to be convicted and therefore yet to be sentenced.
The Bronx

New York, NY

#12 Feb 2, 2009
Al Kahalik wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post was wrong, period. But this is what you're about. I merely pointed out that perhaps you should read the article, this way you're better informed, and don't post silly, irrelevant comments. As far as racial injustice conversation, plenty of other folks on here who'll engage with you, not I.
So then why are you wasting your time commenting back, if your so sure of yourself?
The Bronx

Bronx, NY

#13 Feb 3, 2009
Evaya wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you don't know how long those 'white kids' are looking at either. You are comparing something that is done to something that you are anticipating. The kids have yet to be convicted and therefore yet to be sentenced.
The article says they are facing 4 1/2 years if convicted. That's a plea bargain deal.

A black kid wouldn't get a plea bargain, they would get the maximum, weather they did it or not.

No matter what you say, this is an example of what has been happening in Suffolk County for a long time. The double standard, the prejudice and the one sidedness of the legal system. You may not want to acknowledge it nor admit it because it's painful and embarrassing and very unfair. But truth be told, it's always been that way and it took a high profile case like this involving white kids to bring this to light. Now the public knows it's not just the black kids being distructive and being a menace to society. It never has just been the black kids. The media just tends to focus more on what happens in poor black communities, they want you to think it's just the black people doing all this terrible stuff. When in fact it's very far from the truth.
BOBBY

Orlando, FL

#14 Feb 3, 2009
The Bronx wrote:
<quoted text>
The article says they are facing 4 1/2 years if convicted. That's a plea bargain deal.
A black kid wouldn't get a plea bargain, they would get the maximum, weather they did it or not.
No matter what you say, this is an example of what has been happening in Suffolk County for a long time. The double standard, the prejudice and the one sidedness of the legal system. You may not want to acknowledge it nor admit it because it's painful and embarrassing and very unfair. But truth be told, it's always been that way and it took a high profile case like this involving white kids to bring this to light. Now the public knows it's not just the black kids being distructive and being a menace to society. It never has just been the black kids. The media just tends to focus more on what happens in poor black communities, they want you to think it's just the black people doing all this terrible stuff. When in fact it's very far from the truth.
here we go again the john white backer is on the scene again.
Bob

Berkeley, CA

#15 Feb 3, 2009
Bull, anyone hear of the Jena 6? How about the black gang that attacked the white kids at halloween? They came into a white neighborhood, planned and carried out the attack. Not much news coverage there? What about the racist stomping of a white basketball player's head the other night by a black player? Hmm?? Enough with the cry baby racist garbage. More violent crimes are committed against white people by "non-white" people every day.
The Bronx

Bronx, NY

#16 Feb 3, 2009
BOBBY wrote:
<quoted text>here we go again the john white backer is on the scene again.
Absolutely, and what about it? Fair is fair, people are tired of the racism, prejudice and bigotry. Knock it off and you won't have to hear it.
The Bronx

New York, NY

#17 Feb 4, 2009
Bob wrote:
Bull, anyone hear of the Jena 6? How about the black gang that attacked the white kids at halloween? They came into a white neighborhood, planned and carried out the attack. Not much news coverage there? What about the racist stomping of a white basketball player's head the other night by a black player? Hmm?? Enough with the cry baby racist garbage. More violent crimes are committed against white people by "non-white" people every day.
Were talking about the jail time. We are not talking about the actuall crime. Crime is crime, violence is violence, murder is murder. Anybody who commits it deserves to go to jail. There should not be a double standard. There are sentencing guidelines that should be followed for everybody not just for those who don't have money to pay for a lawyer. Those incidents you are referring to I am sure those black kids got the book thrown at them. You don't need to hear about it in the media, it doesn't need media coverage, it's all too common. We all know that.

So what is your point? Mine is, there is and always will be racism and prejudice in Suffolk County, Long Island.
Clueless

Mamaroneck, NY

#18 Feb 4, 2009
The Bronx wrote:
<quoted text>
Were talking about the jail time. We are not talking about the actuall crime. Crime is crime, violence is violence, murder is murder. Anybody who commits it deserves to go to jail. There should not be a double standard. There are sentencing guidelines that should be followed for everybody not just for those who don't have money to pay for a lawyer. Those incidents you are referring to I am sure those black kids got the book thrown at them. You don't need to hear about it in the media, it doesn't need media coverage, it's all too common. We all know that.
So what is your point? Mine is, there is and always will be racism and prejudice in Suffolk County, Long Island.
So stay in the Bronx. Problem solved.
The Bronx

New York, NY

#20 Feb 4, 2009
Clueless wrote:
<quoted text>
So stay in the Bronx. Problem solved.
I'll stay where ever I want to stay. If I choose to come to Suffolk to confront the racism, I'll do that. If I choose to stay in the Bronx and ignore it, I can do that too. That's the beauty about the Constitution. And there is nothing you or anyone else can do about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westhampton Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Charges Filed In LI Chimney Sweep Scam (Feb '06) Apr 15 Mill Ania 340
News Quogue Village Police reports (Dec '09) Apr 6 Erika B 35
News Cops: Calverton man stabbed girlfriend in fight (Dec '07) Mar '18 Toothless Lou 63
News Cops: Hampton Bays man fatally stabbed (Jul '07) Feb '18 Bellhelll 286
Apt for rent Feb '18 Loser 5
Son Beaten by Riverhead Jail Sargent (Jan '09) Jan '18 SLAUS 179
News Southampton Town Police reports (Feb '09) Jan '18 Mel Brooks 6

Westhampton Beach Jobs

Personal Finance

Westhampton Beach Mortgages