Residents Irate Over Eruv Re-Emergence

Residents Irate Over Eruv Re-Emergence

There are 2 comments on the The Independent story from Sep 1, 2010, titled Residents Irate Over Eruv Re-Emergence. In it, The Independent reports that:

A firestorm of controversy is set to reignite in Westhampton Beach. In recent years, the issue of an eruv, or symbolic religious boundary, has sharply divided residents of Westhampton Beach.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Independent.

florence

Nanuet, NY

#1 Sep 21, 2010
i think t he idea of an eruv is a terrible one next these same folks will be stonning our cars when we ride through this area on their sabbath and holy days. Being of the Jewish faith I have experienced this in the town of Monsey in Rockland county New York and other Rockland county communites.It will allow them to dictate what business can open and when
Furthermore this religious sect make their own tradition as they go on there is nothing in the bible that dictates these laws
Gos

United States

#2 Jun 21, 2015
The eruv will divide and destroy a wonderful community of all religions
Knowing the destruction it brings as a jewish person I am terrified that our wonderful community will be ruined by the beliefs of this group
We all love Wedthampton
Jews and non jews alike and need to do everything in our power to keep the wonderful blend that makes the sea breezesveven more apppealing

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westhampton Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Westhampton cops Jul 25 Truth 1
Review: Ten Nail Jun '15 Lucy 1
News Donate School Supplies to Needy Children at Hun... Jun '15 mjjcpa 1
FarmHouse Farm Jun '15 CrisCee614 1
News Animal cruelty charge for Manorville woman (Dec '10) May '15 JPJP 12
Son Beaten by Riverhead Jail Sargent (Jan '09) May '15 piercingeyes7 168
News Lawsuit: Quogue residents fear cops (Jul '07) May '15 Quioguer 27
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Westhampton Beach Mortgages