Etta James plays Westhampton Beach an...

Etta James plays Westhampton Beach and Manhattan

There are 5 comments on the Newsday story from May 5, 2009, titled Etta James plays Westhampton Beach and Manhattan. In it, Newsday reports that:

Legendary blues singer Etta James has not mellowed with age. She blasted Beyonce and President Barack Obama at a Seattle concert in January after not being invited to sing "At Last" at an inaugural ball .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Chiswald

Fredericksburg, VA

#1 May 7, 2009
No thanks, I'll keep my money in my wallet and avoid rewarding this grouchy old crone for dissing Beyonce and Obama.

“It might have been !!!”

Since: Aug 07

F&P City

#2 May 7, 2009
Chiswald wrote:
No thanks, I'll keep my money in my wallet and avoid rewarding this grouchy old crone for dissing Beyonce and Obama.
Of course, for all the reasons not to see her the most important ones are Beyonce and Obama, thank you very much but I'll stick with the usual, who cares.

“Trying is...”

Since: Feb 08

the first step towards failure

#3 May 7, 2009
Chiswald wrote:
OK, but like Tap, I just don't care.

-BDIS-

“"Sure thing, giant beer!"”

Since: Jan 08

Sunnyside

#4 May 7, 2009
Tap San in LIC wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, for all the reasons not to see her the most important ones are Beyonce and Obama, thank you very much but I'll stick with the usual, who cares.
well spoken ye olde dikstainer!!!!
liner

Bronx, NY

#5 May 7, 2009
I was beginning to think it was just me who thought Etta was coming across as an old crone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westhampton Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Quogue Music Thread (Aug '15) Nov 16 Musikologist 4
FarmHouse Farm (Jun '15) Nov '16 Maureen 2
News Charges Filed In LI Chimney Sweep Scam (Feb '06) Oct '16 Trouble 333
News Nesconset man sentenced in slaying of Smithtown... (Jun '08) Sep '16 BUTTOX 19
News Residents Irate Over Eruv Re-Emergence (Sep '10) Jun '15 Gos 2
News Police concerns plague changing Quogue (Jul '07) Sep '14 artistbynature 22
News The Zombies Coming to WHBPAC, 8/16 (Aug '14) Aug '14 Vinnie Fontaine 1

Westhampton Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Westhampton Beach Mortgages