Farmingdale Sex Offender Housing Scrapped

Jan 13, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Long Island Press

Suffolk County says it is closing two trailer housing sites for sex offenders on eastern Long Island and scrapping a plan to replace them with sex offender housing in East Farmingdale.

Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Feb 18, 2010
EAST FARMINGDALE NO

Bethpage, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

It was horrible to discover that Suffolk County was actually thinking of placing a homeless shelder for sex offenders on Gazza Blvd. This location is two blocks from a number of children's birthday party locations, three blocks from Adventureland. Smack dab in the middle of the Half Hollow Hills School District. How Suffolk County could even think of this is absurd. What is further blows the mind is the only solution is to give them $90 a night to stay in a local motel.

What is further criminal is that while the Farmingdale School district got the message out, the Half Hollow Hills School District where this facility would have been located in remained silent. No Broadcasts, No E-Mails, not even a note on it's webpage. That district so often forgets about it's Town of Babylon residents it's shamefull. The School District recently got veryinvolved with the town of huntington's proposed legislature change but did not even lift a pencil with regards to the possibility of housing 35 sex offenders in it's district. How can they do this. The answer, it did not concern the town of Huntington. Shame on you Half Hollow Hills
Truth be TOLD

Farmingville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

I think it was a good location and a good idea!!

Adventureland is a dump.
EAST FARMINGDALE NO

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2010

Truth be TOLD wrote:
I think it was a good location and a good idea!!
Adventureland is a dump.
Then move it to your Neighborhood and Your Neighborhood Children
Truth be TOLD

Farmingville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2010

EAST FARMINGDALE NO wrote:
<quoted text>
Then move it to your Neighborhood and Your Neighborhood Children
I see, so long as it is not in your neighborhood you do not care.
where to go

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2010

I guess the question is -where do they go? No matter what town you place them in, there is going to be a school, a party place, a park, etc. NO ONE wants them and I am from F'dale. I think I would rather have them in one place together, then give them hotel voucher thing. Probably too, depending on what level offender they were. In the end, there is no easy answer as where they should go, because there is that question if high level offenders are ever cured. I think alot of people would be surprised on how many are living in their towns. Just check the state registry. BUT do check what they were in for and what level they are before freaking out.
EAST FARMINGDALE NO

Bethpage, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2010

Rather than put them in a location where there are plenty of children who go to a Park without their parents. Rather than give them $ 90 per day. Put a GPS device on them and make sure they stay away from places where children gather. A GPS a little Software and you have a Child Molester Tracking System.
EAST FARMINGDALE NO

Bethpage, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2010

Truth be TOLD wrote:
<quoted text>
I see, so long as it is not in your neighborhood you do not care.
No, I don't want them, does anyone. But putting them in a location where there are children some of which are dropped there becuase it is to be a safe place is beyond stupidity. Why not give them jobs as washroom attendants at the local movie house.
Weighing In

Miami Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2010

Here in Miami, Florida, we have them living under a bridge. Over 70 sex offenders are unsupervised living in the shadows. Sexual assaults are common here and I wonder why? Keep them as supervised as possible. Otherwise you will have a high number of sexual assaults that your county government can deny has anything to do with putting them in motels and policing themselves.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Westhampton Beach Discussions

Search the Westhampton Beach Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 4 hr Redumblican Teabagger 6,352
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) Thu Steve Douchy 6,364
Trial begins in Coram chopped-up bodies case (Nov '09) Thu Bernard colletti 49
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Jul 23 Sham Hannuty 16,777
Malaysia Airlines retires MH17 flight number Jul 22 _malon_goblok 3
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) Jul 20 Sham Hanutty 436
Deja Phew: Plane lands on NY highway for 2nd time Jul 19 Rev Donald Wildmoan 3
•••
•••

Westhampton Beach News Video

•••
Westhampton Beach Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Westhampton Beach Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000