18-year-old faces sex charges involving girl, 14

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

A Noblesville man has been charged with having sex with a 14-year-old girl. Benjamin Trebing, 18, faces one count of sexual misconduct with a minor, a Class C felony.

Comments (Page 4)

Showing posts 61 - 77 of77
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Vote or Shut it!”

Since: Oct 07

Sasparilla

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80
Jul 3, 2008
 
it is all moot. The Romeo and Juliet law states that even at 14, as long as the sex was consensual and there is no more than 4 years in age difference that the boy has not broken the law. Even at 18...the sex is legal. Get over it. The law says no crime.

“Vote or Shut it!”

Since: Oct 07

Sasparilla

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#81
Jul 3, 2008
 
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,288594,00...

for more info on the Indiana Romeo and Juliet law that went into effect in July of 2007.
no one important

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#82
Jul 15, 2008
 
so for everyone that keeps asking what happened with this case..... it was all dropped. ben was only in jail for a month and i half.

the funniest thing of all is that he's right back at it.... kristen best??? COME ON!!! i swear.... people NEVER learn.

i used to be really good friends with ben and i used to think that he was such an awesome guy, but he isn't.

did anyone know that he had a girlfriend at the time of these charges. it was prom night and instead of bringing his girlfriend of so many years to the dance he was fucking a drunk 14 year old..... not to mention that he even talked to his girlfriend that night and the next morning and didn't even have the guts to fess up to what he had done. she had to find out through his friends that witnessed to whole fiasco.

ben didn't learn a damn thing and that just shows why we have the laws that we do. if he was in jail for 2-8 years because of this crime, do you think he would've thought twice before doing it again??

he's a piece of shit and he always will be.
no one important

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83
Jul 15, 2008
 

Judged:

1

instead of looking at it like you do or don't know him, think of it as your daughter that he was having sex with??

i heard the 14 year old girl say that if she was sober and knew what was going on then she wouldn't have had sex with him. she said it herself.
Carmel Patriot

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#84
Jul 16, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

I don't like sex. They should make it illegal for ugly people like me.
hmm

Noblesville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85
Jul 16, 2008
 

Judged:

1

Ben has been through high school, is graduated, a young man - adult by law. The girl is just entering high school, has only the experience of an eigth grader. Yes, she is probably messing with fire, yes she has problems and yes, her parents are probably hurt, confused and have a battle with this girl. HOWEVER, Ben knew better. He did the crime, he has to do the time. Too bad all his upbringing did not prevent him from making a stupid decision.
amyyyy

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#87
Oct 6, 2008
 
Medea wrote:
Ben may be the nicest guy in the world, but it looks like he'll just be the nicest guy in jail for awhile.
Ben is 18 years old. He is an adult. Therefore, he is responsible for his own actions, and he is responsible for knowing the law.
The girl is a minor. This means that her parents are responsible for her actions, as well as her well-being.
An 18 year old has NO reason to have sex with a 14 year old. You "friends" of Ben need to educate yourselves on the laws, and also get your head out of the middle ages. A girl dressing or acting in a seductive manner does not magically make a man's pants fly off and make him have sex with her.
Ben is an adult. Ben chose to break the law. And therefore, Ben chose to face the possibility of jail time. Unfortunately for him, he got caught and has to bear responsibility for his actions.
yes ben is a very sweet and loving young man, who has a really big heart.

And i do agree with the fact that ben is 18 years old, and is responsible for his own actions! and a 14 year old parents SHOULD be responsible for their actions and well being but unfortunately todays world doesn't work like that..
cause when that "14 year old" lies about their age that responsibility then falls out of her parents hands and into her own!
she knew what she was doing the second she lied, so don't put this all back on him!

And before you go off making judgement on bens "friends" learn the whole story yourself, don't look down on us like we're uneducated and have no idea what we're talking about when its actually the complete opposite!
we may be young but we're not stupid.
amyyyy

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88
Oct 7, 2008
 
no one important wrote:
so for everyone that keeps asking what happened with this case..... it was all dropped. ben was only in jail for a month and i half.
the funniest thing of all is that he's right back at it.... kristen best??? COME ON!!! i swear.... people NEVER learn.
i used to be really good friends with ben and i used to think that he was such an awesome guy, but he isn't.
did anyone know that he had a girlfriend at the time of these charges. it was prom night and instead of bringing his girlfriend of so many years to the dance he was fucking a drunk 14 year old..... not to mention that he even talked to his girlfriend that night and the next morning and didn't even have the guts to fess up to what he had done. she had to find out through his friends that witnessed to whole fiasco.
ben didn't learn a damn thing and that just shows why we have the laws that we do. if he was in jail for 2-8 years because of this crime, do you think he would've thought twice before doing it again??
he's a piece of shit and he always will be.
I'm sorry but you clearly have no idea what your talking about, this case wasn't "dropped" all bens charges are pending!

And its funny how you say you were really good friends with ben, when it sounds like you have no idea what your talking about?
ben has changed and is really getting his life together, he might be dating a younger girl but shes "legal" if thats what you bitching about?

and honestly it just sounds as if your lashing out on a page, saying stuff that really doesn't matter!
who cares who he was dating or who he talked to before it happened?
amyyyy

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#89
Oct 7, 2008
 
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Your vocabulary, grammar, and punctuation is simply amazing, to say nothing of your spelling. To the point, though, this 18 year old coerced this girl into having sex. That is not the parents' fault. That is not the girl's fault. We have these laws for a reason: even when a CHILD thinks they know what they want, oftentimes the only reason they want it is because they have been influenced by adults that they trust. So, we say: adults cannot have sex with minors, because we recognize that minors do not yet have fully formed reasoning capacity. Which brings me to an interesting question: You are a
minor, aren't you?
I would just like to point out that in this you said "this 18 year old COERCED this girl into having sex"
so now my question to you is do you even know what "coerced" means??
well it means to FORCE someone to do something!

Ben might have had sex with and underage girl but he did not FORCE her!
elango

Chennai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91
Feb 7, 2009
 
vada poechae
devilal

Ambala, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#93
Mar 21, 2009
 
sex
sweetpea

South Vienna, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#94
Sep 13, 2009
 
Who is to say that just because your 18 means your an adult.. your still a teenager.. RIght? and all these young girls out here are so eager to get older guys. They lie and say they are older. My friends son is facing 80 charges of child molest, because he had a relationship with a 14 year old. Her grandmother even let him spend the night, but the prosecutor doesnt care. They are throwing the book at him. He has some mental issues and shouldnt be sitting in jail for falling in love.. If it had been two hundred years ago, it would be totally acceptable. People used to get married at age 12 and 13. All of you need to stop judging these kids, thats what they are.. IF he was 25.. itd be one thing.. A 18 year old is still a kid.Im not condoning it, but sometimes these girls throw themselves on the guys, and with their hormones sometimes its hard to have a right idea of what to do. My son who suffers from aspergers, ocd, depression, and has an iq of 73 has been in this situation. they are trying to give him 15 years in prision.. is this fair? The girl was totally the aggressor. She was one month shy of her 14th birthday. She even told him that when she gets sleepy she gets freaky.> Hows that for a 13 year old to talk? My son is the kind that does what he thinks you want him to. so do you all think he deserves to sit in prision with killers and thugs who will probably prey on him. Even though he has a maturity level of a 14 year old??
Anon

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95
Dec 10, 2009
 
Farah wrote:
this is stupid..they need to let him out of prison b/c he doesnt deserve to be there. Ben would hurt a fly..he one of the sweetest guys i have ever met..the girl is obviously the ridiculous one...she is fourteen and she snuck out- she knew what she was getting herself into.
Wouldn't hurt a fly, eh?
Beverly

Madison, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#96
Feb 22, 2012
 
Hey Dan can understand your point ....however I have raised my daughter in church and she does know right from wrong and no she is not promiscuous, but didn't get on the bus "ditched school" and walked right across street and had sex with an 18 year old ....now that was her first time and that doesn't make her promiscuous and of course she will not be seeing him anymore the way i see it if he being 18 knew that she was in school then as the adult he should have told her she had to go to school instead of thinking of himself ...thats kinda part of becoming an adult you learn to make wiser decisions and you are held accountable as an adult . What could someone who is concidered to be an adult have in common with a school aged kid ....even if the girl wants to have sex you don't let them if they are still a child id he thinking about her education etc.
baba

Ahmedabad, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#97
Oct 30, 2012
 
Kam in
WELLOK

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#98
Oct 30, 2012
 
You realize you are digging up a 3 year old thread???
i know the truth

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#99
Dec 11, 2012
 
no one important wrote:
instead of looking at it like you do or don't know him, think of it as your daughter that he was having sex with??
i heard the 14 year old girl say that if she was sober and knew what was going on then she wouldn't have had sex with him. she said it herself.
This girl is an idiot sounds like a crazy ex girlfriend of bens and her option means nothing. You speak all lies ben didn't have a girlfriend and he had no idea of the girls age she came to him he didn't ask her to sneak out. She was just a young skank trying to be cool.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 77 of77
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Westfield Discussions

Search the Westfield Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The Amy Weidner murder 34 min Crime Stopperzs 2
Republican Child Molesters 34 min Ronald Reagan 82
Why do most Blacks hate Whites? (Jul '13) 59 min Righteous 192
Obama throws race card. Voter ID fraud is key 1 hr Uh Clem 43
HIV/AIDS Rising Among Blacks In Indiana, Indian... 1 hr fair_guy 10
Republicans Still Destroying America 4 hr Starlett Miller 104
Republicans Molesting Children 4 hr Starlett Miller 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

Westfield Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Westfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••