15 votes

Click on an option to vote

Buried

Cremated

Other Explain

Wondering

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Jan 20, 2013
Other please explain what you would do. As in maybe donate your body to science.
joe

Carmel, IN

#2 Jan 20, 2013
Donate so the young medical students can carve me up.
unsound

United States

#3 Jan 20, 2013
Nope the medical students can't have me, but hopefully all my organs are good enough to find a new home and I die in a way that makes that possible.
Tricky Dick

Sylacauga, AL

#4 Jan 21, 2013
I won't care. I'll be dead. I do have a diner card though.
However I don't think they will want my liver.

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

#6 Jan 21, 2013
Everything is pre-planned and paid for including service and grave and headstone. Cost: Around $10,000.
nuffsaid

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Jan 21, 2013
DavidM wrote:
Everything is pre-planned and paid for including service and grave and headstone. Cost: Around $10,000.
Dumbass. You could have invested that money in an IRA or other, and made a lot more for your heirs to bury you, and also have some left over to help with grandkids' school costs, etc.
Prepaid funerals are the biggest scam there is. THEY make the interest off your money, not you.
Ralph

Bloomingdale, IN

#8 Jan 21, 2013
nuffsaid wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumbass. You could have invested that money in an IRA or other, and made a lot more for your heirs to bury you, and also have some left over to help with grandkids' school costs, etc.
Prepaid funerals are the biggest scam there is. THEY make the interest off your money, not you.
They don't make very much interest today, unless they are in a tax free municiple bond.
Ralph

Bloomingdale, IN

#9 Jan 21, 2013
unsound wrote:
Nope the medical students can't have me, but hopefully all my organs are good enough to find a new home and I die in a way that makes that possible.
Dispite Obamacare, I plan to use mine up and die when the good Lord decides it is time.
Ralph

Bloomingdale, IN

#10 Jan 21, 2013
DavidM wrote:
David, Is it too cold to meet at the Cherry Street McDonalds? I know it is too chilly to panhandle.
nuffsaid

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Jan 21, 2013
Ralph wrote:
<quoted text>They don't make very much interest today, unless they are in a tax free municiple bond.
Even with all the stock market fluctuations in the last decade, my IRA's have grown considerably. At my age, I'm able to withdraw some here or there, penalty-free (of course I have to pay the tax), and have a nice vacation once a year.
Do THAT with a prepaid funeral plan.

Indianapolis

#12 Jan 22, 2013
I would agree with you but with the investment return as of late, it looks like I might have made a good deal. Don't forget to figure in inflation. You know the inflation that Obama refuses to mention.
nuffsaid wrote:
<quoted text>

Indianapolis

#13 Jan 22, 2013
Then Ralph the tax free municipal bonds are not really tax free. It makes my social security, 85% taxable because of my income. BTW, not a bad year in investing.
Ralph wrote:
<quoted text>They don't make very much interest today, unless they are in a tax free municiple bond.
YtVQGH

Indianapolis, IN

#14 Jan 22, 2013
Ah, the poor man's millionaire giveth advice
nuffsaid

Indianapolis, IN

#15 Jan 22, 2013
DavidM wrote:
I would agree with you but with the investment return as of late, it looks like I might have made a good deal. Don't forget to figure in inflation. You know the inflation that Obama refuses to mention.
<quoted text>
And don't forget that your tax rate will be lower after 65, as you withdraw funds from an IRA. So it all balances out.

Indianapolis

#16 Jan 23, 2013
Good point about IRA's. But, the bonds are outside of my IRA. My IRA investments is great because that is where I trade stocks. That way I don't have to pay capital grains if I see at a profit. And doing it online cuts the commissions some 90%. Funny I am making more now then when I was working.
nuffsaid wrote:
<quoted text>
And don't forget that your tax rate will be lower after 65, as you withdraw funds from an IRA. So it all balances out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
white girls 8 hr RZA 1
When Did Indy Become So Racist and Why? 14 hr The Zombie 77
Vote to outlaw whittieeee Christmas 15 hr The Zombie 26
Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band coming to Ba... 16 hr fyi 15
Lonely 16 hr gary 3
Why do most Blacks hate Whites? (Jul '13) Tue Horsechief 445
Let it Out (Oct '07) Tue Get real dude 229
Westfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Westfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Westfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Westfield

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:45 am PST

NFL10:45AM
One Preview: Steelers could ride 'Triplets' to division title
NFL11:45 AM
Injury roundup: A.J. Green misses Bengals practice
NBC Sports11:49 AM
Reggie Wayne needs offseason triceps surgery
NBC Sports 1:29 PM
Colts say they will be all business despite nothing to gain - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 2:15 AM
Should New England Patriots Rest Key Starters in Week 17?