Scouts may lift ban on gays

Jan 29, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Indianapolis Star

The Boy Scouts of America is considering lifting its ban on gay Scouts and troop leaders, but to what extent the decision would have an impact in Indiana is unclear.

Comments
81 - 100 of 596 Comments Last updated Feb 18, 2013
Truth-Hurts

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#103
Jan 31, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

"Former Scout Leader charged with forcible sodomy faces bond hearing"

http://www.c-ville.com/former-scout-leader-ch...

"Boy Scout leader charged with molesting boy"

http://www.suntimes.com/news/4730752-418/down...

Get used to more headlines like this...

Lifting a ban that at least "attempts" to prevent these sickos...will allow them a free pass to play.
unsound

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#104
Jan 31, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Truth-Hurts wrote:
"Former Scout Leader charged with forcible sodomy faces bond hearing"

http://www.c-ville.com/former-scout-leader-ch...

"Boy Scout leader charged with molesting boy"

http://www.suntimes.com/news/4730752-418/down...

Get used to more headlines like this...

Lifting a ban that at least "attempts" to prevent these sickos...will allow them a free pass to play.
Problem is we could go all day long on teachers, politicians, priests, ministers, family members etc...
You can't lay it on one organization and say its the end of society cause now they are openly allowed in. Everyone should have a very vigilant set of eyes and watch who is around their children at all times
unsound

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#105
Jan 31, 2013
 
Personally anyone who injures a child and takes their innocence doesn't deserve life in my opinion. The death penalty is used to little and when it is used it takes way to long. If we were more serious about these crimes on our children I feel less people would be so inclined to act so horrific

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#106
Jan 31, 2013
 
unsound wrote:
<quoted text>
Problem is we could go all day long on teachers, politicians, priests, ministers, family members etc...
You can't lay it on one organization and say its the end of society cause now they are openly allowed in. Everyone should have a very vigilant set of eyes and watch who is around their children at all times
Agree but when you can't be there for your children make sure they have been taught how to defend themselves verbally and physically against such perpetrators. They need to know that its "ok" to take extreme measures if necessary.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#107
Jan 31, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Truth-Hurts wrote:
"Former Scout Leader charged with forcible sodomy faces bond hearing"
http://www.c-ville.com/former-scout-leader-ch...
"Boy Scout leader charged with molesting boy"
http://www.suntimes.com/news/4730752-418/down...
Get used to more headlines like this...
Lifting a ban that at least "attempts" to prevent these sickos...will allow them a free pass to play.
Sweetie, the ban clearly failed because the sickos you found were both openly practicing heterosexuals:

http://www.readthehook.com/108852/nuclear-all...
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-...

It's the heterosexual monsters who have been happy to join the Boy Scouts all these years, because they knew they had everybody looking for the homosexual ones.

By the way, most of the gay folk who want to be a part of the program are either parents of kids in the scouts or grew up as scouts themselves and want to pass what they learned on. The Boy Scouts have drastically curtailed their problems, not by banning gays, but by insisting that no adult volunteer ever be left alone with any scouts. Once they instituted what is known as two-deep training (two or more adults with all scouts all the time), current reports of abuse dropped significantly.
Truth-Hurts

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#108
Feb 1, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Sweetie, the ban clearly failed because the sickos you found were both openly practicing heterosexuals:
http://www.readthehook.com/108852/nuclear-all...
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-...
It's the heterosexual monsters who have been happy to join the Boy Scouts all these years, because they knew they had everybody looking for the homosexual ones.
By the way, most of the gay folk who want to be a part of the program are either parents of kids in the scouts or grew up as scouts themselves and want to pass what they learned on. The Boy Scouts have drastically curtailed their problems, not by banning gays, but by insisting that no adult volunteer ever be left alone with any scouts. Once they instituted what is known as two-deep training (two or more adults with all scouts all the time), current reports of abuse dropped significantly.
If a male plays with a little boy he's not hetero...PERIOD! However, you're right, and I agree the ban didn't prevent any of these atrocities. If a sicko wants to hurt someone they will. Now, if only the liberals could use this same logic when it comes to guns. Hmmmmm...

Since: Oct 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#109
Feb 1, 2013
 

Judged:

3

1

1

Truth-Hurts wrote:
<quoted text>If a male plays with a little boy he's not hetero...PERIOD! However, you're right, and I agree the ban didn't prevent any of these atrocities. If a sicko wants to hurt someone they will. Now, if only the liberals could use this same logic when it comes to guns. Hmmmmm...
A persons sexual identity be it homosexual or heterosexual has nothing to do with their decision to go after a child.

“Is this thing on?”

Since: Jun 07

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#110
Feb 1, 2013
 

Judged:

4

2

2

Pimpin in a Double Wide wrote:
<quoted text>
A persons sexual identity be it homosexual or heterosexual has nothing to do with their decision to go after a child.
As soon as they entertain thoughts & desires to go after a child, and put those desires into actions, I would say that they no longer fit into the either hetero or homo category. Their sexual identity should be strictly classified as "child predator", and nothing else.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#111
Feb 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Truth-Hurts wrote:
If a male plays with a little boy he's not hetero...PERIOD!
Wouldn't it be nice if reality actually worked that way? Sorry, but it doesn't. The vast majority of both men who sexually abuse boys (but who don't actually sexually fetishize children) and pedophiles who are exclusively attracted to boys, or both boys and girls are heterosexual in terms of both their self-identification and in terms of their sexual history with other adults. In any single case of male on male child sexual abuse, the statistical "norm" for the perpetrator is the man having sex with mommy, even more so if it isn't daddy.
Born_Again_Christian wrote:
However, you're right, and I agree the ban didn't prevent any of these atrocities. If a sicko wants to hurt someone they will. Now, if only the liberals could use this same logic when it comes to guns. Hmmmmm...
The ban actually gave them cover, not gay, not even slightly, nothing but everything to see here and as long as they had people hunting for actual queers in the pup tents, they could go on unmolested, so to speak.

Want to keep perverts, regardless of their adult sexual orientation, away from your kids when you leave them in the care of anyone else, not just boy scouts, but anywhere? NEVER leave them in a situation where there will only be one adult you are hoping you can trust. That doesn't just apply to protecting them from the perverts, but the neglectful, stupid and otherwise incredibly dangerous people you can expose them to as well. Always have more than one set of adult eyes on your kids whenever possible, bad can happen fast.

I say let lesbian and gay parents and the young men who grew up in scouting but who also grew up gay volunteer, they can keep an eye on the volunteer, heterosexually married step-father that is also hanging out with those boys.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#114
Feb 1, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The heII it don't, you stupid fk. A Queer will more likely go after the kind of plumbing he likes, which is a male as where a straight person would go after female. You're an idiot.
You've got the word homo mixed up with pedophile. A pedophile can be hetero or "queer".
Do alittle research.

Since: Oct 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#115
Feb 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The heII it don't, you stupid fk. A Queer will more likely go after the kind of plumbing he likes, which is a male as where a straight person would go after female. You're an idiot.
Pick up a book now and then you hilljack retard. All the research done on the matter refutes your claim. Then again evidence and fact means very little to inbred white trash like yourself. You seem to be very well versed on the topic of homosexuality, probably another truck stop fag sucking dong in the bathrooms and hating himself because you just can't resist. Oh Lordy Jeebus save this mans soul.
T0P1CSArchive

El Segundo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#118
Feb 1, 2013
 
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Su:cking DlCK in a Double Wide, The heII it don't, you stupid fk. A Queer will more likely go after the kind of plumbing he likes, which is a male as where a straight person would go after female. You're an idiot.
Archived.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#120
Feb 1, 2013
 
Ok. Lets try it again. Homosexuals, gays, lesbians, etc. Etc. etc. Is a way of life for a small percentage of people. I never said that I condone this. I was trying to instill in you that a pedophile is considered to have a disease of the mind who doesn't necessarily show signs of being gay but has an uncontrollable urge to molest.
I can only figure that you believe all gay people are diseased....

Since: Oct 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#122
Feb 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey shiteater, you do your own research, you stupid A$$ retarded Fa$$ot.
The average gay pedophile has about 280 victims.
Homosexual males are only maybe 2% of the population.
At least 1 in 6 boys are molested before age 18. That is pretty much equal to girls.
http://1in6.org/the-1-in-6-statistic/
Did you engage in your homosexual lifestyle before 18? I'm sure your drunk piece of shit daddy probably "molested" you quite often. I put molest in quotes because in your case, the willing can't truly be molested.

Since: Oct 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#124
Feb 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't describe your pathetic early life to me you fking Shiteater. I'm very sure you turned Queer because you daddy molested you as a little fked up kid. Your pathetic life you're living now, su:cking D:ck in a double wide, is sick. Do the world a favor, step in front of a moving train.
As self proclaimed expert in the armchair pyschology of queers you had to get your knowledge from somewhere. It's obvious from your posts that you lack traditional education so it's only reasonable to come to the conclusion that you've been ran through like an alter boy. Did you even pretend to fight back or did you gleefully take it. It was probably a whole family affair for your hilljack dumbass. Momma sittin there cheering your dad on while you funneled his dong. Hell, Eminem's song insane could double as your biography.

Since: Oct 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#131
Feb 2, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Shiteater, you're a classic example of a baby Fa$$ot coming up in the ranks of the family affair. After your shiteating dad taught you how to pack his sh:t, you showed all your trailer trash brothers how. Showed them all about su:cking co:ck and enjoying your favorite dessert, SHlT on a DlCK.
Is there a reason you keep going back and responding repeatedly to the same posts with the same dumbass 3rd grade material, or are you just so retarded that you forgot that you had previously responded?
Truth-Hurts

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#132
Feb 2, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Scouts oath...

On my honor I will do my best
To do my duty to God and my country
and to obey the Scout Law;
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong,
mentally awake, and...

(drumroll)

"MORALLY STRAIGHT."

Just saying...
skyy

Trumann, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#133
Feb 2, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Rent a Cop wrote:
I do not understand why people think they have the right to force their agenda on a privately ran organization like the scouts? If they do not want to allow gays, good for them. This country is going to shit because of the gay agenda. I'm sick to death of an opinion like " People are born gay" being past off as fact. Just because some homo claims to have been born gay, doesn't make it truth or fact. I'm also sick of people acting like gays are some minority group like blacks. If gays deserve special rights for being a minority group, then so do child molesters, bank robbers and drug dealers. Being gay, a child molester, bank robber and a drug dealer are all examples of choices.
You said just because "some claim to have been born gay" hell, we all claim that and who better would know than a gay man, or all gay men. You are the one that doesn't know what you are talking about. Psychiatrist and psychologist agree and they all agree that no matter how much I want to "not be gay", I have no control over it just as straight people have no control over their hetrosexuality. If we did, and you did, we would just convert all of you to our side and end the controversay. But it just doesn't work that way. And only idiots would think that it did.
Truth-Hurts

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#134
Feb 2, 2013
 

Judged:

2

skyy wrote:
<quoted text>
You said just because "some claim to have been born gay" hell, we all claim that and who better would know than a gay man, or all gay men. You are the one that doesn't know what you are talking about. Psychiatrist and psychologist agree and they all agree that no matter how much I want to "not be gay", I have no control over it just as straight people have no control over their hetrosexuality. If we did, and you did, we would just convert all of you to our side and end the controversay. But it just doesn't work that way. And only idiots would think that it did.
Regardless of whether or not it's a choice, which I tend to believe it is, because I know someone who was married and fathered 3 children..and now he's "all of a sudden" gay. Your response has nothing to do with the FACT that BSA is a PRIVATE organization. If the gays want boy scouts...no one is stopping them from making their own club. Why force this organization to follow YOUR agenda?
skyy

Trumann, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#135
Feb 2, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Truth-Hurts wrote:
"Former Scout Leader charged with forcible sodomy faces bond hearing"
http://www.c-ville.com/former-scout-leader-ch...
"Boy Scout leader charged with molesting boy"
http://www.suntimes.com/news/4730752-418/down...
Get used to more headlines like this...
Lifting a ban that at least "attempts" to prevent these sickos...will allow them a free pass to play.
Topix really should revise their judging system and include:
1. Just Plain Stupid
2. Ignorance running wild
3. Foolish beyond repair

When I read something that is just downright stupid, illogical and meaningless, I only have "clueless" to check in the Judge it drop-down. In many cases, a much stronger adjective is needed.

It is a well proven fact that most child mollestation and abuse is conducted at the hand of straight men and not gay men. And this is true in about 96% of the cases. Pedifiles are generally straight and rapist are generally straight. You fools are hating the wrong people.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Westfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ralph's Brake & Muffler Madison Ave 19 min Warty-lipped Butt... 1
Jeff punky Combs at it again 1 hr lisr 9
Courts tell Indiana to honor gay marriages from... 18 hr who cares 4
officer Wilson 18 hr Simon 2
They riot with no facts or evidence 19 hr Simon 9
My new jeep Wed Rogains 5
Landlord registration in Indianapolis: Section ... Wed Rogains 5

Search the Westfield Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Westfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Westfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Westfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Westfield
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••