Hamilton County Jail inmate dies

Authorites have scheduled an autopsy today for a Hamilton County Jail inmate who was pronounced dead after correction officers found him lying unconscious in his cellblock. Full Story
First Prev
of 23
Next Last

Since: Jul 07

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Jan 22, 2008
He slipped on and through the cracks.
Mary K

Evansville, IN

#3 Jan 22, 2008
Hamilton co. is worst run jail in the state.I have never been in there but have known friends and family who have been.They are rude and very ill-manner in their treatment of citizens.
GOOD GRIEF

United States

#4 Jan 22, 2008
Yipeeee! ONE LESS I HAVE TO PAY FOR,(SORRY)MAY GOD REST HIS SOUL!

Since: Dec 07

Indianapolis

#5 Jan 22, 2008
Public Servant wrote:
One less crook on the streets. Crack kills.
You have idea why he was arested? Dont make snap judgments based on very little info! I will pray for him/family.
Orange Jumpsuit

Indianapolis, IN

#6 Jan 22, 2008
Probably heart attack due to his lifestyle.
to goode public servant

United States

#7 Jan 22, 2008
This is someones brother, son, father or friend---how can you be so cruel? Drug use starts out a choice or a decision and soon becomes a disease. Drug addiction can happen to anyone---and many recover and lead productive lives---this guy perhaps never had a chance. Perhaps he was surrounded by people like you who give up on human beings. I hope nobody ever gives up on you.
concerned citizen

Florence, KY

#8 Jan 22, 2008
You've got to be kidding. Have you ever been at the Marion County jail? Hamilton County is a state of the art facility. They may have been rude to you, but prisioners get excellent care.
Mary K wrote:
Hamilton co. is worst run jail in the state.I have never been in there but have known friends and family who have been.They are rude and very ill-manner in their treatment of citizens.
The Truth

New Albany, IN

#9 Jan 22, 2008
Mary K wrote:
Hamilton co. is worst run jail in the state.I have never been in there but have known friends and family who have been.They are rude and very ill-manner in their treatment of citizens.
Oh my! They are being rude to the criminals?! They lose some of their rights as "citizens" when they violate the law bad enough to end up in jail. Rude?! You must be joking, Mary!
BILLY

New Albany, IN

#10 Jan 22, 2008
Mary K wrote:
Hamilton co. is worst run jail in the state.I have never been in there but have known friends and family who have been.They are rude and very ill-manner in their treatment of citizens.
don't do the crime,don't do the time
it's why they call it dope, stupid.
jesus

Martinsville, IN

#12 Jan 22, 2008
GOOD GRIEF
Indianapolis, IN Reply
|Report Abuse |#4 12 min ago
Yipeeee! ONE LESS I HAVE TO PAY FOR,(SORRY)MAY GOD REST HIS SOUL!

Dear Good Grief: I think it was your cousin's son. We're so sorry to have to tell you. He was a really good kid but got mixed up after your cousin left him and his mom w/o any money when she was pregnant with his little sister. Hope the family can pull together. Oh, I'm sorry. You're "bad grief" rather than "good". My mistake.
Dude

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Jan 22, 2008
Good Heavens! how dare jail staff be rude to inmates? It isn't like they did anything wrong and deserve to be locked up. Do you expect jail staff to behave like waiters?
Public Servant

Fishers, IN

#14 Jan 22, 2008
GrannyOf3 wrote:
<quoted text>You have idea why he was arested? Dont make snap judgments based on very little info! I will pray for him/family.
Read the article. It tells why he was arrested. Possession of cocaine (crack). Possession of paraphernalia (crack pipe). Crack kills.
HoosierHusker

Covington, KY

#16 Jan 22, 2008
Ten to one. He was withdrawing from his cocaine. You can't blame it on the jail personnel.
Nobletuckian

Indianapolis, IN

#18 Jan 22, 2008
Mary K wrote:
Hamilton co. is worst run jail in the state.I have never been in there but have known friends and family who have been.They are rude and very ill-manner in their treatment of citizens.
If you've never been there, then shut up already. I'm sure I'd find it a little hard to put up with some of the shenanigans and cr*p that they (I assume you meant the guards by your "they") probably have to put up with. And I'd probably be a little rude and ill-mannered with some of those prisoners, too.
JoJo18

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#20 Jan 22, 2008
Can't we ... all ... j-j-just get ... along ??
Public Servant

Fishers, IN

#23 Jan 22, 2008
to goode public servant wrote:
This is someones brother, son, father or friend---how can you be so cruel? Drug use starts out a choice or a decision and soon becomes a disease. Drug addiction can happen to anyone---and many recover and lead productive lives---this guy perhaps never had a chance. Perhaps he was surrounded by people like you who give up on human beings. I hope nobody ever gives up on you.
Oh...and I'm not being cruel...I'm being honest. And often times the truth hurts. Get over it.
Kelli

Indianapolis, IN

#24 Jan 22, 2008
Do you know how many people are arrested, just arrested and taken to jail on a suscipion? Many! Do you know how they are treated in jail? They keep the jails at 32 degreees, if you take medicine they give you the wrong medicine, you have to pay into a commissary fund in order to buy yourself a toothbrush, toothpaste, towel and washcloth - taxpayers you are not paying for anything but the Sherrif's salary. The prisoner pays for their own items and they are not given care. There are many who have committed crimes that deserve to be in jail, but there are also others who do not deserve to be in jail, but because our judicial system is run by people who are elected and only give favors to those who helped them get elected - many others are left to fend for themselves against charges. I was in a court a year ago as an observer for an article and I heard the judge say "I am elected and I have a reputation to uphold and even though I am not totally convinced of your guilt, I have a right to the voters" I have it on record my friends. Wrong! Totally Wrong! I hope this family contacts the ACLU because I can just about guarantee that the jail staff did not check on him and let him lay there. I know of one jail inmate that was so sick that he was banging on the door with a cup and the guard kept coming by saying he would get him a nurse - two days later the nurse came and said he never received a message from the guard.
Public Servant

Fishers, IN

#25 Jan 22, 2008
HoosierHusker wrote:
Ten to one. He was withdrawing from his cocaine. You can't blame it on the jail personnel.
Oh...but they will. Blame anyone but the responsible party.
Orange Jumpsuit

Indianapolis, IN

#27 Jan 22, 2008
Kelli wrote:
Do you know how many people are arrested, just arrested and taken to jail on a suscipion? Many! Do you know how they are treated in jail? They keep the jails at 32 degreees, if you take medicine they give you the wrong medicine, you have to pay into a commissary fund in order to buy yourself a toothbrush, toothpaste, towel and washcloth - taxpayers you are not paying for anything but the Sherrif's salary. The prisoner pays for their own items and they are not given care. There are many who have committed crimes that deserve to be in jail, but there are also others who do not deserve to be in jail, but because our judicial system is run by people who are elected and only give favors to those who helped them get elected - many others are left to fend for themselves against charges. I was in a court a year ago as an observer for an article and I heard the judge say "I am elected and I have a reputation to uphold and even though I am not totally convinced of your guilt, I have a right to the voters" I have it on record my friends. Wrong! Totally Wrong! I hope this family contacts the ACLU because I can just about guarantee that the jail staff did not check on him and let him lay there. I know of one jail inmate that was so sick that he was banging on the door with a cup and the guard kept coming by saying he would get him a nurse - two days later the nurse came and said he never received a message from the guard.
This whole post is a load of cr*p. I know from experience.
chris

Salem, IN

#28 Jan 22, 2008
Mary K wrote:
Hamilton co. is worst run jail in the state.I have never been in there but have known friends and family who have been.They are rude and very ill-manner in their treatment of citizens.
Well I am so sorry to here that. Maybe they can add room service and then rename it the Hilton County Jail.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 23
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
white girls 22 min RZA 1
When Did Indy Become So Racist and Why? 6 hr The Zombie 77
Vote to outlaw whittieeee Christmas 6 hr The Zombie 26
Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band coming to Ba... 8 hr fyi 15
Lonely 8 hr gary 3
Why do most Blacks hate Whites? (Jul '13) Tue Horsechief 445
Let it Out (Oct '07) Tue Get real dude 229
Westfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Westfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Westfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Westfield

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:36 am PST

NBC Sports10:36AM
Dalton sick as Bengals get ready for Pittsburgh - NBC Sports
NFL10:45 AM
One Preview: Steelers could ride 'Triplets' to division title
NFL11:45 AM
Injury roundup: A.J. Green misses Bengals practice
NBC Sports11:49 AM
Reggie Wayne needs offseason triceps surgery
NBC Sports 1:29 PM
Colts say they will be all business despite nothing to gain - NBC Sports