Ex-Westfield officer Scott Fross pleads guilty to bribery

Aug 19, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Indianapolis Star

WESTFIELD, Ind. -- A former Westfield police lieutenant accused of stealing about $1,000 in shakedowns of Hispanic motorists has pleaded guilty to bribery.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
Jessica

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2008

This Scott Fross guy is misunerstood he was confused and i think and know hes a good guy who has made some bad chioces.... havent we all?
Punk

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2008

Judged:

Sure we have, some make bad choices that warrant jail time. This is one case.
Bad Cop! No Donut for you!
sdm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2008

This guy is actually a nice person; he was my neighbor for a couple years. The story goes that he was hurting for money for his family. His wife worked, but I think there were some expenses for taking care of either his mother or his mother in law--not really sure. He just made a bad choice, but when you serve on the police force, you should know right from wrong. He probably did but just didn't think he'd get caught. If the hispanic he pulled over didn't have money on him, Scott Fross would follow behind the person to his house and have him go in to get some. I found this out from an acquaintance that had worked with him.
Hmmm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2008

Judged:

I don't think that he should get jail time. Maybe community service or even probation- but he has a great family and a beautiful child- I don't think his daughter deserves this. It would hurt her so much to see this happen to her father. We have all made bad choices- in this case, he lost his job. His only way to provide for his family. I think that's a huge punishment in itself. The authority to make these choices was taken away from him. It's not fair to his family to suffer from this, as well. They must have been hurting in the first place for this to have even been an issue. I am sure that they are really hurting now- I think he's served enough punishment...not to mention the embarrassment this whole thing has caused his family.
Hmmm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2008

Judged:

Also, he put his life on the line for many years for us. He's not just some criminal off the street who made a bad choice- he's a man who would have given his life to protect ours.
Hmmm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2008

Judged:

Those without sin may cast the first stone. We have all sinned. We have all made a bad choice. I think this mans public humiliation of his as well as what he is suffering from as a human being by not being able to meet his family's financial needs is punishment enough. I have made some extremely bad choices in my time, but I can't imagine how much worse it would have effected me if it had been aired out for everyone to see. But I also understand that he was a public servant. All I can say is that God knows his heart. I don't want God to know mine as a judging one. That's his job.
God

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2008

Judged:

I say some jail time is in order.
Carolyn G

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2008

Scott Fross is a quality human being that fell into temptation. I saw it fit to offer him a position IMMEDIATELY following the demise of his police career. God is a God of 2nd chances and I will NEVER regret the decision that our company made when taking him on. I wish everyone we ever hired had the fortitude, integrity,, honesty and hard work ethic that this man has. Just for the record, there are a company of witnesses that will be there for him at the sentencing hearing including those of the hispanic community that have offered prayer as well as financial help to him and his family, which speaks volumes of his remorse and reconciliation with some of the Mexican community. I have never been so amazed at the ability of man to forgive and to change. Thank you Scott for all that you have taught me and others as you recover from this lesson learned.
JohnLaw

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2008

Judged:

Sorry- he might have been a good guy at one time, but he committed a crime, which now makes him a bad guy. Who cares what temptation he fell into? As a law enforcement officer, he should have known where to go for help. It was his job to do that for others every day. Instead, he turned to crime as the answer.

On top of all that, he left the rest of his former co-workers in the embarrassing position of wearing the black eye that HE put on the police department. He left the good men and women of his former police agency to pay for his "sins" in the public eye. If you want to feel sorry for anyone, feel sorry for them, not Scott "Guilty" Fross.
Get Serious

Noblesville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2008

Judged:

He was not a good man, he was a robber and a thief. He was despicable and should spend time in prison.
Sarah Palin

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2008

Carolyn G wrote:
Scott Fross is a quality human being that fell into temptation. I saw it fit to offer him a position IMMEDIATELY following the demise of his police career. God is a God of 2nd chances and I will NEVER regret the decision that our company made when taking him on. I wish everyone we ever hired had the fortitude, integrity,, honesty and hard work ethic that this man has. Just for the record, there are a company of witnesses that will be there for him at the sentencing hearing including those of the hispanic community that have offered prayer as well as financial help to him and his family, which speaks volumes of his remorse and reconciliation with some of the Mexican community. I have never been so amazed at the ability of man to forgive and to change. Thank you Scott for all that you have taught me and others as you recover from this lesson learned.
Do you hire other criminals? Child molesters? C'mon, give them a 2nd chance also!
Jessica

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2008

well, in my oppinion people have 100% read this the wrong way. no body knows scott fross like me. This coming from his 13 year old daughter jessica. My dad made a bad choice but the only reason this is so bad is because he was a cop. and because all of the reporters lied. I mean we do c on the news about druggies and child moelsters but there is AWALYS a second side 2 a story and that the news cant not get. My dad was a police man for 17 years not 10 he is 38 not 41 and ask anyone we know our family friends anyone and they WILL tell you that he IS A GREAT GUY! Everyone does make mistakes im 13 and i have made a few myself. Half the people who are on this websight writing bad things about my dad dont know the whole story. So next time you hear somthing on the news about someone doing somthing wrong try to think, inside they are a human being with feelings and familys. We hav ALL done things wrong do we wish we could take the back, He most certantly does!!!!!! And for all the people who are reading this thinking this little girl is full of it well tht is y the world is full of hate nobody can really know how this feels to go to school as my brother and i and having all of these kids asking us Questions its hard and its hard for my dad especialy. People need to stop and think. so remember if a little 13 year old girl can come stand up for her father we know someone raised me right.
Get Serious

Noblesville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2008

Jessica wrote:
well, in my oppinion people have 100% read this the wrong way. no body knows scott fross like me. This coming from his 13 year old daughter jessica. My dad made a bad choice but the only reason this is so bad is because he was a cop. and because all of the reporters lied. I mean we do c on the news about druggies and child moelsters but there is AWALYS a second side 2 a story and that the news cant not get. My dad was a police man for 17 years not 10 he is 38 not 41 and ask anyone we know our family friends anyone and they WILL tell you that he IS A GREAT GUY! Everyone does make mistakes im 13 and i have made a few myself. Half the people who are on this websight writing bad things about my dad dont know the whole story. So next time you hear somthing on the news about someone doing somthing wrong try to think, inside they are a human being with feelings and familys. We hav ALL done things wrong do we wish we could take the back, He most certantly does!!!!!! And for all the people who are reading this thinking this little girl is full of it well tht is y the world is full of hate nobody can really know how this feels to go to school as my brother and i and having all of these kids asking us Questions its hard and its hard for my dad especialy. People need to stop and think. so remember if a little 13 year old girl can come stand up for her father we know someone raised me right.
No, we know that your daddy is a thief and a criminal. Grow up little girl, the world isn't roses and butterflies. What your father did was despicable, criminal, dirty and you should be ashamed of him. There is no "other side to the story" to justify criminal behavior. One of these days if you actually grow into a productive member of society, you'll realize how hard times are for everyone, and how much we ALL need money. Then you'll realize that responsible, decent human beings don't go and take it by force or the threat of force from others. Your defense of your father is admirable, but absolutely blind to reality. You're 13 years old, you don't know ANYTHING about life, you don't know anything about the law and you don't know anything about consequences for breaking laws. Your dad broke laws, he breached trust placed in him, he shamed an entire profession, he made you and your mother look like idiots and he absolutely deserves anything coming to him. Good men don't rob people, good men find a second job, or a third or a fourth to help out when they're in financial strife. Cowards and criminals take the easy way out and take from the weak. Your dad is a coward and a criminal. Get used to it, THAT is the reality of the situation.
Get Serious

Noblesville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2008

Jessica wrote:
This Scott Fross guy is misunerstood he was confused and i think and know hes a good guy who has made some bad chioces.... havent we all?
You're an idiot. My bad choices have been not researching a stock enough before buying, picking the wrong outfit for a dinner date, etc. No, sweetie, we don't ALL make the concious choice to rob people.
Get Serious

Noblesville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2008

Jessica wrote:
Oh and "ALL the reporters lied?" You have a lot of growing up to do little girl. Of course, with a criminal as your father, nobody is holding out much hope for you.
jessica

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2009

omg omg omg! ok i am a kid, woopdie freakin doo! but yew this stupid get serious guy, yer a fake, wow, i no tht u wanted my dad not daddy,, dad 2 go 2 prison or jail poor yew, cuz he didnt :( boo hoo, im sorry tht yer dreams got crushed! awww do yew need 2 go cry 2 yer mommy now? wait hold on, ill call her and tell her u will be home in time 4 dinner and quit calling me "little girl" im 14 not 5
jessica

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2009

Oh! and hey buddy! if im so little, you shudnt b calling me an idoit, its not nice 2 call " little girls" names
jessica

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2009

Judged:

yer soooooooo annoying mr/mrs. get serious, do yew have a job? y r yew on the computer this much just 2 say bad things ABOUT A PERSON YEW DONT KNOW? im a kid, i dnt wrk, i go 2 skewl, wen i get home frm school, i get on my computer, but other than that, i have a life, maybe yew should get one 2
Christian

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2012

Carolyn I used to work with Scott and would like to talk to you....what would be the best way to do that?

Christian
Carolyn G wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Westfield Discussions

Search the Westfield Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Police investigating shooting near 56th and Geo... 3 hr pearlofagirl 3
Time to spit in Gays food 15 hr The Great One 1
Israel Nazi's wiping out women and kids 15 hr The Great One 1
Officer Renn isn't dead 16 hr One Big Lie 2
It's time Jewish schools admit Blacks and Hispa... (Feb '13) 23 hr Please 23
Excuse Me. Excuse ME! Fri Suzanne Sugarbaker 1
Will the real Craig please stand up Fri Last name 2
•••
•••