Ind. could be first to require armed school employees

Apr 3, 2013 Full story: USA Today 584

The Indiana House Education Committee approved legislation Tuesday, April 2, 2013, that would mandate the creation of a protection officer for each school.

Full Story

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#124 Apr 4, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Sources of Guns Used in Crimes – FBI Report
March 20, 2009 by Aaron
Filed under Uncategorized
Leave a Comment
FBI reports:
According to the 1997 Survey of State Prison Inmates, among those possessing a gun, the source of the gun was from –
&#9632;a flea market or gun show for fewer than 2%
&#9632;a retail store or pawnshop for about 12%
&#9632;family, friends, a street buy, or an illegal source for 80%
In other words, it ain’t legal purchases from firearms dealers in legal shops or gun shows that criminals use.”
After 1996, less than 10% of nonfatal violent crimes involved firearms.
Only 2% of prison inmates used a military-style semiautomatic gun.
It's not illegal to buy a gun from a private individual and no background check is required.

That's kinda the problem.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#125 Apr 4, 2013
ALL AM 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
More laws is not the answer. It doesn't matter how many times we say it, it will never change the fact that criminals will have guns.
Not requiring background checks makes this easier.

Imagine taxpayers paying the rent on buildings where guns are routinely sold to felons without a requirement of checking the background - a process that usually takes but (literally) a few minutes.

Tawas City, Michigan

#126 Apr 4, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>If you are caught in the act of killing, armed robbery, gang violence or drug sales, the easy way to end crime is for the judge to have the police take the perp out after the jury finds them guilty and shoot them in the head. Problem solved.
Agreed. But that does nothing to stop the next person with a gun from doing the same thing.

The only way to cut down on gun crimes is to get rid of as many guns as possible.

It's a shame it had to come to this, but there's no other solution now.

Tawas City, Michigan

#127 Apr 4, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
You just admitted it's not about guns, the issue is about mental stability. The kind of people you liberals want to medicate and release onto the streets, rather than "exploit" and lock away. Guns aren't the problem, nutjobs and liberals are.
If they can't get a gun, then they can be as crazy as a loon for all I care.

Location hidden

#128 Apr 4, 2013
ALL AM 1 wrote:
We can't completely prevent the first offense, but we do have a way of preventing a second.
Sure.

E.G.: if you sell a gun to a felon, we put you into jail and we make sure you no longer have access to a gun again.

We catch a felon in possession of a firearm... we give him/her one year in jail... if he/she coughs up the seller's name, they can split the sentence.

Six months each and we take you off the market.

Sound fair?

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#129 Apr 4, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
If they can't get a gun, then they can be as crazy as a loon for all I care.
Until they come up behind you with a knife, right?

Location hidden

#130 Apr 4, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure.
E.G.: if you sell a gun to a felon, we put you into jail and we make sure you no longer have access to a gun again.
We catch a felon in possession of a firearm... we give him/her one year in jail... if he/she coughs up the seller's name, they can split the sentence.
Six months each and we take you off the market.
Sound fair?
Only if, each time a law abiding citizen is shot and killed, we can randomly pick one "anti-gun" advocate, and put them in prison for a year. I bet you are going to say, "that isn't fair", because that person had nothing to do with with the crme. On the same note, neither did my gun.

Location hidden

#131 Apr 4, 2013
ALL AM 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if, each time a law abiding citizen is shot and killed, we can randomly pick one "anti-gun" advocate,
I say we start with ballickers like yourself who allowed the killer to have the gun in the first place.

You know: when you sold him the gun and he slipped you an extra fifty to not ask any questions.

Location hidden

#132 Apr 4, 2013
ALL AM 1 wrote:
On the same note, neither did my gun.
Of course, the gun gnutter insists others are 'anti-gun' when they just aren't intelligent enough to understand that people are anti gun gnutter.

I have never seen a gun jump off the night table and kill the wife and kids but I see it happen all the time when the gun is in the hands of the gun gnutter.

Location hidden

#133 Apr 4, 2013
ALL AM 1 wrote:
I bet you are going to say, "that isn't fair", because that person had nothing to do with with the crme. On the same note, neither did my gun.
What a shame you didn't put your money where your mouth is.

PS: I am not arguing for putting guns in jail, I am arguing putting you in jail for committing a crime.

I do understand: you want special rights, you don't want to be prosecuting for a crime if it involves firearms.
serfs up

Daytona Beach, FL

#134 Apr 4, 2013
ALL AM 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if, each time a law abiding citizen is shot and killed, we can randomly pick one "anti-gun" advocate, and put them in prison for a year. I bet you are going to say, "that isn't fair", because that person had nothing to do with with the crme. On the same note, neither did my gun.
As times get worse, many of the people on the other side of this issue will be put into their place or made to be inert. Indeed many people will. They just constantly blame someone else even if it was their insane policies that caused most of the messes we have. So they keep blaming former people in power that was not of their own party while giving the ones they love a free ride. The differences between our two sides is ..on the Repub side we have verbal infighting and it ends there and we feel we have been let down by our politicians. On the other side, the real threat of physical confrontation between their own is inevitable as the economy declines. Then you will see how strong their movement is then. The potential violence of a good amount of them will have many of the rest scurrying to the ones they demean who will be suffering themselves but have a much higher rate of civility. At that point the progressive movement will be over.

Location hidden

#135 Apr 4, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, the gun gnutter insists others are 'anti-gun' when they just aren't intelligent enough to understand that people are anti gun gnutter.
I have never seen a gun jump off the night table and kill the wife and kids but I see it happen all the time when the gun is in the hands of the gun gnutter.
First of all a** clown, let's get one thing straight. I am not a gun lover, gun hugger or a fanatic about anything. I do not collect, or sell guns, so you can shove your "gun nut" sh*t up your a**. Sorry, but if you call me a "ball licker", you should be prepared to receive the same type of courtesy from me.

My point is simple. It is the same point that has been preached for years, and it still hasn't happened. If you commit a crime using a firearm, you go to jail, and you don't get out for a very long time. If you are a convicted, violent felon, and you are caught with a firearm, you don't get out of jail, period. This alone, would eliminate a huge percentage of the gun crime.

There have been guns in homes for as long as this country has existed. Guns have always been used to settle disputes, and I am not implying that this is a good thing. However, violence in general, has increased in the past years, meaning that it isn't a gun problem, it is a society problem.

Why can't you grasp the fact that you will never get, or keep the guns out of the hands of those who wish to use them improperly?

Location hidden

#136 Apr 4, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
What a shame you didn't put your money where your mouth is.
PS: I am not arguing for putting guns in jail, I am arguing putting you in jail for committing a crime.
I do understand: you want special rights, you don't want to be prosecuting for a crime if it involves firearms.
So tell me, why would you put me in jail? I have not committed a crime.
see the light

El Paso, TX

#137 Apr 4, 2013
Well lets see how this works

Location hidden

#138 Apr 4, 2013
ALL AM 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all a** clown, let's get one thing straight. I am not a gun lover,
I don't care who or what you love, ballicker, as far as most states outside of Kentucky, it is illegal but I am not judging you for that.

Funny how it's okay to label people as anti-gun but you get whine and stomp your feet when people do the same thing to you.

You want a hankie, hon?

Location hidden

#139 Apr 4, 2013
ALL AM 1 wrote:
Sorry, but if you call me a "ball licker", you should be prepared to receive the same type of courtesy from me.
Don't dish it out if you are going to cry when it gets thrown back in your face.

Want a hankie?

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#140 Apr 4, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no individual right to own a gun illegally, so there is no infringement.
More double speak. If the law is against owning weapons, then it is infringing on my constitutional rights.

Location hidden

#141 Apr 4, 2013
ALL AM 1 wrote:
I do not collect, or sell guns, so you can shove your "gun nut" sh*t up your a**.
What makes you think I CARE, peach fuzz?

I'm not the one insisting that I should have the right to sell weapons top anyone I please.

That would be you, dear.

I don't care if you have one gun, ten guns, or no guns: you arguing for the "right" to sell guns to felons puts my life and the lives of people I care about in jeopardy.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#142 Apr 4, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
More double speak babble from the low information spokes person.

White House asks for 'flexibility' on sequestration cuts...

FLASHBACK: Obama threatens to veto GOP bill giving him flexibility on sequestration cuts...

Location hidden

#143 Apr 4, 2013
ALL AM 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So tell me, why would you put me in jail? I have not committed a crime.
If you sell a TV set to your next door neighbor and it turns out that the TV is stolen, is that a crime?

If you don't know the guy you are selling a deadly firearm to is a felon, are your responsible for that sale?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike Brown screams Mr Wilson 1 hr BlackGhettoThug 2
K-mart's shutting down 5 hr jack 20
Why do most Blacks hate Whites? (Jul '13) 5 hr Learn to Read 305
jack cottey deceased 6 hr Blackology 8
Could Terry Curry Be 1st Democratic 2-Term Pros... 6 hr Blackology 1
William montez 7 hr Mr Wu 4
Cop arrested on third DUI (Mar '07) Fri advocate in IL 136
Westfield Dating
Find my Match

Westfield Jobs