Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Putting a story up saying suburban people read more than rural people, That's saying those country people are plain ignorant. I would ask any Topix editor or writer have they ever operated a huge grain combine or tractor , Have they administered shots to farm animals and kept track of water table ratios during planting seasons?I guess working in the fields from sun up to sun down means country folk are ignorant, The people who grow and raise the foods that we eat , that we purchase at the local farmers markets or on our store shelves . i GOT TO ADMIT IT'S A PRETTY LAME REPORT.Okay dear Topix how many inner city black kids read. Or how many inner city Hispanics read? I bet not as many as rural country kids.The next time you publish a report on who reads more, Please narrow it down to race . Wait that wouldn't be PC would it, That would actually be factual in statistics .You might offend a race or two.

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

"I would ask any Topix editor or writer have they ever operated a huge grain combine or tractor"

I have many times. In fact I can barely remember out in the field with a team of mules. I remember the first tractor that my dad brought. Now you want to talk thrashing machines? That is a little before my time. But I do remember a hay loader to put lose hay up. So the answer is yes.
Thad

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

DavidM wrote:
"I would ask any Topix editor or writer have they ever operated a huge grain combine or tractor"
I have many times. In fact I can barely remember out in the field with a team of mules. I remember the first tractor that my dad brought. Now you want to talk thrashing machines? That is a little before my time. But I do remember a hay loader to put lose hay up. So the answer is yes.
Do you remember when you lost your virginity to a sheep?
Anonymous

Noblesville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Thad wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you remember when you lost your virginity to a sheep?
No. Just to your mother.
Ralph

Bloomingdale, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Thad wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember when I lost my virginity to a sheep?
How brave of you.
Ralph

Bloomingdale, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

DavidM wrote:
The farm machines of our day were simpler to operate. Todays machines require reading a small book to get them to function. Even though I was a city boy, when I put up hay it was in bales. Don't know nthin bout birthin no mules.
Carl

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Ralph wrote:
<quoted text>The farm machines of our day were simpler to operate. Todays machines require reading a small book to get them to function. Even though I was a city boy, when I put up hay it was in bales. Don't know nthin bout birthin no mules.
And it is evident you know nothing about farming.
The Ultimate Kaptoz

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

I guess Al Gore is a true Tobacco farmer lol I hoed it, I spiked it. I dried it lol. Man those rich Democrats who grew up with the silver spoon all his life sure do work hard . Al is a billionaire now . I don't know if he still works on his fathers tobacco plantation. lolHe sure lives ina huge beach front mansion he bought for $9 million while him and John Kerry sail on Kerry's new $11 million dollar outsourced built yacht made in New Zealand .yOU HAD pELOSI KILL OFF MANY FARMS AND FAMILIES IN CALIFORNIA To save a two inch minnow. Many of those farmers and workers were Hispanics also. So Carl you would be okay with a politician getting a huge pay increase But not okay with a farmer getting a subsidy of any kind? or aid when droughts hit and floods.You are okay with congress and Govt workers getting tax funded cars of eco abilities. Yet not a farmer getting a tractor that is more green?Carl does congress grow you're food you buy at the store?
ima hoosier

Greenfield, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

lets give uk a bale of hay to eat....tis like feeding a nightmare....
Carl

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Welfare is welfare. Don't start picking and chosing who gets it and who don't. I actually farm myself. And it is clear you bimbos know nothing about farming except for bailing hay.......well I'm not so sure you know much about that. LMAO! Oh and I don't take welfare from the government. Could but don,t need it as well as my VA benefits. Big baby.
ima hoosier

Greenfield, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

how much does the govt pay now for not growing certain crops and do you make sure to have crop insurance when need be??? things are tough for you farmers. i had a commissioner tell me that the young upstarts have gotten into trouble and had to take handouts because they had to have new tractors etc. dads not good enough. my opoint is that people who think farmers have it made in the shade have no idea what a farm product is other than hamburger or bread.
Ralph

Bloomingdale, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Curly Joe wrote:
<quoted text>And it is evident you know nothing about farming.
Curly, I was a hopein you all could teach me, a knowin so much and all.
Ralph

Bloomingdale, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

ima hoosier wrote:
how much does the govt pay now for not growing certain crops and do you make sure to have crop insurance when need be??? things are tough for you farmers. i had a commissioner tell me that the young upstarts have gotten into trouble and had to take handouts because they had to have new tractors etc. dads not good enough. my opoint is that people who think farmers have it made in the shade have no idea what a farm product is other than hamburger or bread.
The farm program pays very little. I have a small farm, and get one third of the crop sale. If I had my way I would have nothing to do with the farm program. My farmer doe's so I am forced into it. My option would be to allow the ground to be fallow, and loose the income that normally pays property taxes, and homewoners insurance. This year with the drought, my income was 25% of what it was last year, and my farmer lost money. With the falling off of the fiscsal cliff it will be interesting to see what happens to commodity prices. There was a government program several years ago, if you planted trees, big gov. would pay you not to grow crops. While I know someone in that program, I do not personally understand it.
Carl

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Ralph wrote:
<quoted text> The farm program pays very little. I have a small farm, and get one third of the crop sale. If I had my way I would have nothing to do with the farm program. My farmer doe's so I am forced into it. My option would be to allow the ground to be fallow, and loose the income that normally pays property taxes, and homewoners insurance. This year with the drought, my income was 25% of what it was last year, and my farmer lost money. With the falling off of the fiscsal cliff it will be interesting to see what happens to commodity prices. There was a government program several years ago, if you planted trees, big gov. would pay you not to grow crops. While I know someone in that program, I do not personally understand it.
That is why your a lousy farmer. If you knew what you were doing you would understand it. Must be a crop only farmer. LOL!
Ralph

Bloomingdale, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Carl wrote:
<quoted text>That is why your a lousy farmer. If you knew what you were doing you would understand it. Must be a crop only farmer. LOL!
I just own the ground, I don't farm at all. But of course if your reading comprehension was up you would have noticed that.
Carl

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Ralph wrote:
<quoted text>I just own the ground, I don't farm at all. But of course if your reading comprehension was up you would have noticed that.
My reading is fine. But I do see why your melons stink.
Ralph

Bloomingdale, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Carl wrote:
<quoted text>My reading is fine. But I do see why your melons stink.
I wurshed my melons this mornin, they don't stink.
Carl

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Ralph wrote:
<quoted text>I wurshed my melons this mornin, they don't stink.
Oh I'm sorry I thought you were a guy. But I guess women are named Ralph to.
Ralph

Bloomingdale, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Carl wrote:
<quoted text>Oh I'm sorry I thought you were a guy. But I guess women are named Ralph to.
No, It just concerned me that you had sniffed my melons again.
Carl

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Ralph wrote:
<quoted text>No, It just concerned me that you had sniffed my melons again.
I knew you were gay. Why????? Your a repug. You know Jerry Sandusky? Did he get a hold of you? You probably voluntered.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Westfield Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Westfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••