Teens, parents should be aware of curfew times

Summer has officially arrived, and with no school in session, many teens may need to be reminded about local curfew laws. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
robray

Italy

#1 Jul 2, 2007
i like your state curfew idea and think the times reasonable i live in uk and we dont have a state legal requirement only parental ones but i think we should
annoymous

Vincennes, IN

#2 Jul 13, 2007
why does Curfew end at 5 a.m. Carmel, Fishers, Noblesville, Westfield and Arcadia and indiana curfew for teens is 1 a.m.
annoymous

Vincennes, IN

#3 Jul 13, 2007
robray wrote:
i like your state curfew idea and think the times reasonable i live in uk and we dont have a state legal requirement only parental ones but i think we should
for what reason you think we should parental requirements its teenangers we are talking about there going to at like teen have fun, be thereselve, hang out with there friends right?

“ARRRGGGGGGHHHHHH HH!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Since: Mar 07

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Jul 13, 2007
annoymous wrote:
<quoted text>
for what reason you think we should parental requirements its teenangers we are talking about there going to at like teen have fun, be thereselve, hang out with there friends right?
Would someone who speaks gibberish translate this into English, please?
Pearls before swine

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Jul 13, 2007
annoymous wrote:
why does Curfew end at 5 a.m. Carmel, Fishers, Noblesville, Westfield and Arcadia and indiana curfew for teens is 1 a.m.
Take a wild guess.

“What would Harry Potter do?”

Since: Mar 07

Northside

#6 Jul 13, 2007
annoymous wrote:
<quoted text>
for what reason you think we should parental requirements its teenangers we are talking about there going to at like teen have fun, be thereselve, hang out with there friends right?
Dude, put down the crack pipe, no one can understand you.
parent of a teenager

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Aug 3, 2007
Curfews are wonderful especially when parents work at night and can't be home to check on what time their kids come home. Aside from the fine (which most parents end up paying anyway), why not make the teen do community service as well.

“As I see it...”

Since: Sep 07

Westfield

#9 Sep 3, 2007
Seriously, there are still curfews? What happened to freedom of movement? If the kids are breaking the law, arrest them. Otherwise, leave them alone.
Sweet

Louisville, KY

#10 Sep 19, 2007
Brad Messamore wrote:
Seriously, there are still curfews? What happened to freedom of movement? If the kids are breaking the law, arrest them. Otherwise, leave them alone.
Do you have children? I guess not...
My 2 teenage sons are required by me to be in bed on a school night by 9:30 p.m. and curfew for weekends is 11....they are safe and happy.
maritza

Omaha, NE

#11 Oct 2, 2007
yeah whatever.
idc about you!!!!!!!!!!
ew uglyyyyyyy!!!!!!
mwahahahhhaaaaaa.
good to me

Fort Riley, KS

#12 Oct 2, 2007
the government can't enforce the laws they have now,so they want to run your kids to ground. telling your kids when to be home and enforcing it is a parents job, not big brothers.
hkb1

Elkhart, IN

#13 Oct 3, 2007
i tink its dumb that are curfew is at 1:oo when other states dont even have a curfew or they get to stay out later....well thats my opinon so i tink its dumb...
Kelsea Debowes

Hayden, CO

#14 Oct 16, 2007
I think that we don't need curfews you just have to trust that we will do all the right things and stay out of trouble the way you raised us
afkjdshfh

Marietta, GA

#15 Oct 28, 2007
I think both ways
i understand parents want us at home so they no we are home okay and nothing happpened but somethimes they have to let loose and not think of the bad things
Teen on research

AOL

#17 Jan 7, 2008
Sweet wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have children? I guess not...
My 2 teenage sons are required by me to be in bed on a school night by 9:30 p.m. and curfew for weekends is 11....they are safe and happy.
Im doing a research report on how the curfew should be "no more" and I think the curfew is horrible. If you think the government and police should take care of your children then you need to take responcibility. You are a parent, take care of your children and keep track of them without the help of government officals because OTHER teenagers besides your have a life and you may need to reconsider your "bed time" choices.. no teenager should go to bed at 9:30. Let them pick their own bed time like my parents do. At first they will take advantage of it but after a while they will go to bed at reasonable hours because they dont want to be dead for school.
Stop relying on the government to do your job.
Theyve done enough as it is.
christean

Richmond Hill, Canada

#18 May 1, 2008
why are is there a curfew time. there should not be a curfew time. kids should be able to do what ever they want to. if they do something bad then talk to them and if it happens again then tell there parents.
Kerri

Avon, OH

#22 May 6, 2008
I am looking at this because I am doing a report for school and alot of you have good points. Me personally I DONT belive in cerfews they suck! When I go out with friends I have no freedom (on thoes rare occasions my mother lets me out of the house)I dont know if parents dont trust us teens but I wish there was no cerfew.
nobody

Brisbane, Australia

#23 May 13, 2008
maritza wrote:
yeah whatever.
idc about you!!!!!!!!!!
ew uglyyyyyyy!!!!!!
mwahahahhhaaaaaa.
u are lame
allllllllright

Marion, IN

#24 May 14, 2008
hkb1 wrote:
i tink its dumb that are curfew is at 1:oo when other states dont even have a curfew or they get to stay out later....well thats my opinon so i tink its dumb...
i tink its dumb that indiana has a beer drinking age of 21 when in other states its 18. they take spelling tests in indiana too and other states they dont. i tink thats dumb, well thats my opinion
allllllllright

Marion, IN

#25 May 14, 2008
afkjdshfh wrote:
I think both ways
i understand parents want us at home so they no we are home okay and nothing happpened but somethimes they have to let loose and not think of the bad things
after midnight in the U.S, on average, 1 in 10 drivers are legally drunk, adn the later it gets, the more that number goes up. Thats just one of the many reasons we dont want you out late --- Its not necessarily what bad things we think you would do but what bad things might happen to you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Live Feed ON/IN Ferguson from INFO WARS 11 min 1world1people 1
Obama wants to be impeached 1 hr BlackGhettoThug 25
smack in the chops for NOBAMA 1 hr BlackGhettoThug 51
Craig is evil 1 hr Just saying 1
Darrin Wilson Hero 1 hr Chuckie 4
Indict Dorian Johnson!!! 2 hr Chuckie 2
Where to go for a free Thanksgiving dinner (Nov '07) 8 hr Chris 72
Westfield Dating
Find my Match

Westfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Westfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Westfield

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:04 am PST

NBC Sports 4:04AM
Colts bring back Victor Butler
Bleacher Report 5:39 AM
Vontae Davis Deserves to Make the Pro Bowl for the Indianapolis Colts
Bleacher Report 7:09 AM
2014 Week 13 Fantasy Football Quarterback Rankings
NBC Sports 9:38 AM
Colts' practice squad adds Griff Whalen, sprinter Jeff Demps
NBC Sports12:24 PM
Dolphins bring back cornerback R.J. Stanford