FINALLY! Someone who understand the situation and sticks to the facts. This forum had given way to sophomoric name calling and finger pointing.I'm perplexed by the number of people willing to comment just to hear themselves think. Good thing you aren't graded on your research in this forum, but allow me to give you the cliff notes:
1. Every homeowner in VWC purchased their lot/home with an agreement (with the developer) that they could build ONLY with an approved custom builder.
2. Every homeowner had to submit their building plans to the ARB to be approved prior to building.
3. Every homeowner pays a large sum of money every year to the Homeowner Association who is responsible to see after our best interests and see to it that our covenants are upheld.
4. Sometime in the 1st-2nd quarter of 2010 Pulte and Brenwick (Sweet) made a business plan to transfer 30+lots to Pulte for a substantial discount, thus padding George Sweets wallet.
5. By rules of the covenants, "no lots will be discounted"
6. Members of the ARB denied the building plans of Pulte due to the fact that they do not meet the guidelines. Those members were over ruled by George Sweet (Brenwick) and were told that HE was the only one in charge around here.
7. Several members of the ARB resigned due to their disagreement.
8. Pulte had already broke ground BEFOR the plans were submitted to the ARB.
9. All members of the neighborhood have asked multiple times to have a mediation with Pulte and Brenwick, They were denied in all attempts.
10. This is in NO way an attempt of the homeowners to "keep out" anyone. WE are a very diverse group who have spent years building their future. Brenwick/Pulte have conspired to profit from our losses.
Some people say, "who needs that kind of a house". My response, "I don't tell you what to do with your money, please don't make recommendations on what I do with mine".
All we ask for is simple, build to the covenants. Plain and simple. There are no "cookie cutter" houses (as Sweet refers to on the website). The monotony plan is ZERO. There aren't 2 identical houses in the ENTIRE neighborhood. Pulte is planning a monotony play of 4 meaning ever 4th house can be IDENTICAL. All things accounted for (house style, monotony, square footage of planned homes) our value is decreased 16-24%
Now you tell me, would you stand by, turn the other cheek, accept the monetary hit in this economy or would you stand up to Goliath for your rights.
Sign in front of a home on Birkenhead St. and Mercer Street, opposing new Pulte homes in the Village of West Clay.
Join the discussion below, or Read more at Carmel Star.
#82 Jan 23, 2011
#83 Jan 23, 2011
The facts won't change how these morons view the residents of Carmel or those who live in more expensive homes. It's the same old Carmel envy and jealousy that has been going on forever. Since these people can't afford the bigger homes that they obviously obsess over, they create alternate realities where all of the owners of such homes are racist elitists. It's actually pretty funny to watch them get so upset over it.
#84 Jan 24, 2011
I have been all all sides of the fence. Trust Me.
My Father was wealthy, but I am smart. I wanted apartments near my home, so my ex-husband could be near my children. The homes said, no. Now there is a highway.Back to the point.
1. It is 2011.
2. New Homes
3. New Investments
4. Big Homes will not have value in two years.
5. Americans will learn from this mess, these past few years.
6. Fishers is a much better place to live.
7. Who wants to live and shop at their grocery stores, Big Snobs.
#85 Jan 24, 2011
Hey "Clear Justice": WE ARE WITH YOU!!
Keep Up the Great Writing!!
#86 Jan 24, 2011
Again, as Homeowner pointed out, some people just talk/type so people hear what they are thinking...
No one is/has asked you (clear justice) to move from Fishers. I love Fishers, still own a condo there and I agree it's a great community. If you have found your little piece of heaven, then by all means stay there, absorb it, take it all in. But don't "hate" on Carmel and their residents just because they too love their community and also take pride in their homes.
It's too easy to be hateful to other humans on anonymous forums such as this. Would you teach your children that Every person in Carmel is a "snob" as you say in point #7. Probably not, instead you would (hopefully) teach them that people should only by judged by their actions not by where they live. IF I were to judge you on such insignificant traits as demonstrated by posting anonymously on a public forum, I would have to say you were the shallow, jealous one. LUCKILY, Im not that person, so my daughter will still respect you when she runs into you at Handles during the summer.
Sheesh, what kind of people are we behind these keyboards.
#87 Jan 24, 2011
I concur. We should only judge others by their behavior. The residents that placed those signs in their yard are the shallowest members of the community. The idea of any criticism toward these people being couched in envy, is further proof of their self perceived superiority complex. They're deserving of the criticism.
The developer of the community is free to do with the property as they wish. If you built your home simply as an investment,well...just like any other investment,there is risk. I wouldn't be surprised if these residents are looking for some kind of remunerative compensation from the developer via a frivolous lawsuit at some future date.
#88 Jan 24, 2011
That is why we are all here. You included. And the analogy given by "Homeowner" and repeated by you, certainly applies to the residents of the community for their use of the signs.
#89 Jan 24, 2011
Getting Informed- Clear Justice is a resident of Carmel. Fishers is better. People in Carmel are rude, selfish and obnoxious- some are nice. The ones that treat-others-how they want to be treated are nice. No to BIG Signs. Get a Life and informed.
#90 Apr 26, 2016
Well at least someone here has a brain in their head. It's about maintaining the neighborhood value integrity which is important when people invest on the expectation of certain levels being maintained.
#91 Apr 26, 2016
It's 2016 now and much of Carmel and Fishers has gone UP in value as any sane person could've guessed. Even with the housing bust, it didn't hurt much if you had planned on holding on to your property for many years any hooo.
Fishers is a nice place to live, well, along the reservoir (been there, done that), but other parts of the area aren't where I'd want to live. West Clay is closer to the places that I like to frequent in Indy and as far as groceries go, I don't care about snobs, I just care if you carry what I need so I can get it and get out of the store without standing in Walmart-like lines (I like wally-world too!)
Just because someone likes clean lawns, responsible people, people who know when to talk on their phones in public and when not to, people who know how to train their children (seen, not heard), and people who can maintain the very quiet status quo of the neighborhood... doesn't make them a snob. However if those people constitute snobs, then please let those types of people to continue being my neighbors for the rest of my days.
#92 Thursday Jun 16
PULTE is a RICO .......................Indict Baruch Goldstein , Ami Propper , Richard Dugas , Mark Ciavarella , aaron persky , mike milken and the zionist banksters of AIPAC.
#93 Friday Jun 17
Add your comments below
|Stop Illegals and Globalization Vote Trump Now!!!||5 hr||The Real Source||2|
|BUYERS BEWARE - Junk John Deere Lawn tractors a... (Sep '11)||17 hr||Speedrred||153|
|To the Sons of Silence MC , Indianapolis Clubhouse (Dec '13)||20 hr||Jack||142|
|Vicki walters||22 hr||Old school||1|
|1212 49th st||Sun||Wondering||6|
|Big Obamacare Lie||Sun||Latte||17|
|UK no EU||Sun||Latte||5|
Find what you want!
Search Westfield Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC