Indianapolis hospitals not always enforcing no-smoking policy

Jan 12, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WTHR-TV 13

Last summer, a statewide smoking ban took effect across Indiana, while Indianapolis and several other cities moved to make their bans even tougher.

Comments
21 - 36 of 36 Comments Last updated Jan 14, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Carl

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Russia1513 wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, thank heavens I'm outta here in 6 months! Yahoo!
I totally agree with you, THANK GOD!
Freedom

Evanston, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Russia1513 wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish it were possible to 'stand up'. One woman actually forgot her shot, and they just fired her, flat out. Period.
I have yet to hear any follow up info. You get FIRED when you refuse.
Again, thank heavens I'm outta here in 6 months! Yahoo!
As these control freaks continue to push their limits, they are making more and more reasonable people really angry. Eventually, they will piss enough people off, and they will be forced back into the holes they crawled out of, as history tends to repeat itself.
Skinny Cow

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

I know smoking is not healthy but it's a lot of the 200 lb+ people who are running their mouths about smoking. I think lard is just as artery clogging as cigarettes.
HowzBoutDat wrote:
<quoted text>Joe's position as Hospital Custodian does not rank him as a health care worker.
joe

Noblesville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Same here...We were forced to take the shot or your fired.
Jam

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Where I work, theyre taking all the candy amd soda out of the gift shops amd the hundreds of vendinng machines, AND took the 32 oz cups out of the cafeteria so you can't get more than 24 ounce soda

Total crap place to work, now.
Freedom

Evanston, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Jam wrote:
Where I work, theyre taking all the candy amd soda out of the gift shops amd the hundreds of vendinng machines, AND took the 32 oz cups out of the cafeteria so you can't get more than 24 ounce soda
There were many of us who tried to warn the people that smoking bans were just the beginning and the fanatics pushing the bans said we were paranoid for warning of the slippery slope.

What we have now is no longer a slippery slope, as it's a cliff we are all being pushed over.

First they came for the smokers...
joe

Noblesville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Skinny Cow wrote:
Keep eating fast food because most health care workers are overweight. <quoted text>
Yep...keep on eating that crap also.....

“NOT RUSSIAN”

Since: May 08

and not from Russia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

http://iiicitadel.com/index.html

perfect place to live. no welfare, no hud, no wic, no free phones.
Carl

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Freedom wrote:
<quoted text>
There were many of us who tried to warn the people that smoking bans were just the beginning and the fanatics pushing the bans said we were paranoid for warning of the slippery slope.
What we have now is no longer a slippery slope, as it's a cliff we are all being pushed over.
First they came for the smokers...
You do realize it was the party for less government that started this crap. The republicans fooled a lot of people and still are.
Freedom

Evanston, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Carl wrote:
<quoted text>You do realize it was the party for less government that started this crap. The republicans fooled a lot of people and still are.
Oh, both sides of the same coin are certainly capable of being self righteous moral busybodies...for sure. There are overbearing big government Statists on both the left and the right, and it wasn't until recently that the power movers on the right started whining about the Nanny State, although many of the libertarian minded "little people" in the party have been warning about it for decades.

The vast majority of the crazy Nanny laws these days are coming from the left however, and Bloomberg the Fascist is a perfect example.

“NOT RUSSIAN”

and not from Russia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Freedom wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, both sides of the same coin are certainly capable of being self righteous moral busybodies...for sure. There are overbearing big government Statists on both the left and the right, and it wasn't until recently that the power movers on the right started whining about the Nanny State, although many of the libertarian minded "little people" in the party have been warning about it for decades.
The vast majority of the crazy Nanny laws these days are coming from the left however, and Bloomberg the Fascist is a perfect example.
That's what a lot of liberals just don't get. I don't believe in EVERYTHING Republican. I'm just a little bit left of center.

Here's a little bit of heaven:

This is The Citadel. Construction to begin in 2014

You may choose to live in a condo, in a house within the walls, or in a house outside the walls. Houses inside the walls will have limited land sizes by necessity. Applicants choosing to build houses outside the walls may choose up to 40 acres. All homes will have a privacy fence to ensure good neighbors. Houses range from small-footprint 600 square foot units up to 15,000 square feet for those who want, need and can afford the space. Your home can be finished with several facades, from a log cabin to vinyl siding, to a brick face, to an elegant and stately Federal design, or more. Your house, your choice! The interior of your house is unfinished, and is your responsibility to finish as you would like it! Many Patriot contractors will be available to help you, or you can do it yourself. Whatever your tastes for the interior of your home, do it! Remember, it is your home. Every single detail is yours to choose! Every home within the walls may add a workshop, and every home beyond the walls may add barns and outbuildings!

Every Citadel home will come with a 2,500 gallon water tank, a one year supply of food for either 1 or 2 adults, 1 or 2 AR15-variant rifles and 1,000 rounds of ammunition per rifle, a generator, a composting toilet, a vault, a protective Safe Room. If you are bringing more than 2 adults, additional ARs, ammunition and food will be added for a tiny fee. Remember, your home requires zero down payment, zero interest, no background check and no credit check... and your Lease is for Life.

A "micro-suite" is a small apartment of 300 square feet suitable for your family members who may need a safe place when SHTF, or if you live beyond the walls a micro-suite can be ideal for you to use as a refuge if we must close the gates for a short period of time. Micro suites will have the comforts of home, even if a bit cramped, bunk beds, and while they have a small footprint, they’ll keep you safely inside the walls with your fellow Patriots. Micro-suites will use communal cooking facilities, showers and laundry. They are ideal for Patriots who need a temporary and safe place within the walls.

Sounds like heaven.
Oh, and they will patently REJECT anyone liberal. I hope to see it someday.
Freedom

Evanston, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Russia1513 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what a lot of liberals just don't get. I don't believe in EVERYTHING Republican. I'm just a little bit left of center.
Here's a little bit of heaven:
This is The Citadel. Construction to begin in 2014
You may choose to live in a condo, in a house within the walls, or in a house outside the walls. Houses inside the walls will have limited land sizes by necessity. Applicants choosing to build houses outside the walls may choose up to 40 acres. All homes will have a privacy fence to ensure good neighbors. Houses range from small-footprint 600 square foot units up to 15,000 square feet for those who want, need and can afford the space. Your home can be finished with several facades, from a log cabin to vinyl siding, to a brick face, to an elegant and stately Federal design, or more. Your house, your choice! The interior of your house is unfinished, and is your responsibility to finish as you would like it! Many Patriot contractors will be available to help you, or you can do it yourself. Whatever your tastes for the interior of your home, do it! Remember, it is your home. Every single detail is yours to choose! Every home within the walls may add a workshop, and every home beyond the walls may add barns and outbuildings!
Every Citadel home will come with a 2,500 gallon water tank, a one year supply of food for either 1 or 2 adults, 1 or 2 AR15-variant rifles and 1,000 rounds of ammunition per rifle, a generator, a composting toilet, a vault, a protective Safe Room. If you are bringing more than 2 adults, additional ARs, ammunition and food will be added for a tiny fee. Remember, your home requires zero down payment, zero interest, no background check and no credit check... and your Lease is for Life.
A "micro-suite" is a small apartment of 300 square feet suitable for your family members who may need a safe place when SHTF, or if you live beyond the walls a micro-suite can be ideal for you to use as a refuge if we must close the gates for a short period of time. Micro suites will have the comforts of home, even if a bit cramped, bunk beds, and while they have a small footprint, they’ll keep you safely inside the walls with your fellow Patriots. Micro-suites will use communal cooking facilities, showers and laundry. They are ideal for Patriots who need a temporary and safe place within the walls.
Sounds like heaven.
Oh, and they will patently REJECT anyone liberal. I hope to see it someday.
That does sound appealing in many ways for sure. Just wondering how they pay the property taxes, as in most states one can't own their property and one can only rent for all practical purposes due to the fact that the moment you refuse to pay the rent(property tax), they kick you out and rent it to someone who will.

“NOT RUSSIAN”

and not from Russia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Freedom wrote:
<quoted text>
That does sound appealing in many ways for sure. Just wondering how they pay the property taxes, as in most states one can't own their property and one can only rent for all practical purposes due to the fact that the moment you refuse to pay the rent(property tax), they kick you out and rent it to someone who will.
Yea, I"m not sure that's gonna work. Unless this guy claims that ALL the properties are his and he is giving residences to his 'family'.

After doing some HOOOOOOME-WOOOORRRRK, it looks a little dicy. Like, how the heck is he gonna keep the ACLU from whining like a bunch of Hyenas about Equal Opportunity. Lets just put it this way, gun ownership is a RULE - and there are agreements and contracts that have to be signed, and participation in GUN EDUCATION are MANDATORY to live there. You could be a liberal and live there, you just better keep your mouth shut, and if you don't like guns..... MOVE!

BTW it is interesting to note that already 200 people have app'd and signed agreements, and they haven't even bought the land to build it yet! THAT's how desperate some of us have become. I hope it all works out for them and that this isn't a sham.
Hank

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

This is cracking me up becuase of all the people who ran their mouths about the smokers and laughed when they removed smokers rights on hospital grounds are now losing their soda, candy and chip rights. I think they should put scales by the food lines in the cafeteria and let you eat according to how much you weigh. It wouldn't be so hilarious then, would it?
Jam wrote:

“NOT RUSSIAN”

and not from Russia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Hank wrote:
This is cracking me up becuase of all the people who ran their mouths about the smokers and laughed when they removed smokers rights on hospital grounds are now losing their soda, candy and chip rights. I think they should put scales by the food lines in the cafeteria and let you eat according to how much you weigh. It wouldn't be so hilarious then, would it?<quoted text>
That does give me pause for thought, now that you mention it. I mean, why single out the smokers in the bunch?

Me, I smoke until 1.5 hours before I go into work. A spritz of Febreze and perfume (I don't wear too much), and I'm smelling as fresh as a daisy when I walk in. I wait til quitting time to light back up. Unlike some other smokers, I can last 8 hours without nicotine. Sometimes, like on a Friday when it's not busy, I might go out at lunch and puff a half-cigarette.

And same here, they're letting the vending machines empty out, and no 32oz cups anywhere to be found.

I bring in my 36 oz cup, fill it with Ice, water, and soda from a 2-liter I keep in my desk. I keep an 8pack of Kit-Kats stashed also. Problem solved.

BIG PLUS!!!?? It's cheaper this way, too. Hahaha....
Carl

Jeffersonville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Russia1513 wrote:
<quoted text>
That does give me pause for thought, now that you mention it. I mean, why single out the smokers in the bunch?
Me, I smoke until 1.5 hours before I go into work. A spritz of Febreze and perfume (I don't wear too much), and I'm smelling as fresh as a daisy when I walk in. I wait til quitting time to light back up. Unlike some other smokers, I can last 8 hours without nicotine. Sometimes, like on a Friday when it's not busy, I might go out at lunch and puff a half-cigarette.
And same here, they're letting the vending machines empty out, and no 32oz cups anywhere to be found.
I bring in my 36 oz cup, fill it with Ice, water, and soda from a 2-liter I keep in my desk. I keep an 8pack of Kit-Kats stashed also. Problem solved.
BIG PLUS!!!?? It's cheaper this way, too. Hahaha....
Is that you,,,,,,, Casey Anthony?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Severe Weather Statement for Hamilton County was issued at August 21 at 9:27PM EDT

•••
•••
Westfield Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Westfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Westfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE