Indianapolis hospitals not always enforcing no-smoking policy

Jan 12, 2013 Full story: WTHR-TV 13 36

Last summer, a statewide smoking ban took effect across Indiana, while Indianapolis and several other cities moved to make their bans even tougher.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ralph

Bloomingdale, IN

#1 Jan 12, 2013
Lord have mercy, did someone smoke 7'11" from the building, instead of the manatory 8'?
Ron

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Jan 12, 2013
Bigger problems at hospitals than people smoking outside! Much bigger! Comm Hosp.
Carl

Fishers, IN

#3 Jan 12, 2013
Ralph wrote:
Lord have mercy, did someone smoke 7'11" from the building, instead of the manatory 8'?
Actually your not suppose to smoke at all on the hospital grounds.... including the parking lots. Your facts are skewed as usual.

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

#4 Jan 13, 2013
If I buy them and pay high taxes on them, I am going to smoke them. I try to respect no smoking areas at most places but there should be a place to smoke. Maybe the hospitals should do as the airport does. Have little men riding around on their two wheel scooters giving out $50 tickets and making people that smoke feel like second class citizens. This is why I do not go to the airport. If you want to stop smokers, make tobacco products illegal instead of collecting taxes on them.
Carl wrote:
<quoted text> Actually your not suppose to smoke at all on the hospital grounds.... including the parking lots. Your facts are skewed as usual.
Carl

Fishers, IN

#5 Jan 13, 2013
DavidM wrote:
If I buy them and pay high taxes on them, I am going to smoke them. I try to respect no smoking areas at most places but there should be a place to smoke. Maybe the hospitals should do as the airport does. Have little men riding around on their two wheel scooters giving out $50 tickets and making people that smoke feel like second class citizens. This is why I do not go to the airport. If you want to stop smokers, make tobacco products illegal instead of collecting taxes on them.
<quoted text>
Spoken like a true republican. Laws only apply to a few but me. I will do as I want whether it is against the law or not.
Jerry

Westlake, OH

#6 Jan 13, 2013
DavidM wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not allowed to smoke at schools either, and it is obvious you have not gone there either.

You are not allowed to smoke at WalMArt yet that does not stop you and the rest of the rednecks.

Go figure.

Look at it like this Hoss... IF your neighbor buys a new stereo and uses your piss poor analogy that he paid good money for it, he can use t whenever and wherever he wants to, and keeps you up at night, according to YOUR OWN ANALOGY, it is fine with you, right?

If someone buys condoms, a LEGAL PRODUCT, they should be able to use them too, Anywhere they want, right? They bought them, they are going to use them. There should be a screwing zone.

We do not make exceptions for smokers. Why don;t you support the fight for gay rights, you might have a better chance.
Ralph

Bloomingdale, IN

#7 Jan 13, 2013
Hurl wrote:
<quoted text> Actually your not suppose to smoke at all on the hospital grounds.... including the parking lots. Your facts are skewed as usual.
Indiana law requires 8' to the best of my knowledge. Hospitals, being private, or public, can make their own petty rules, which they can stuff, you know where.
Agree

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Jan 13, 2013
You are absolutely right, David M.
DavidM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes

Indianapolis, IN

#9 Jan 13, 2013
"Spoken like a true Republican" blah, blah, blah. I'm one of the truest and proudest Americans you'll ever meet! Get over it! Republicans are the best, hands down!
Carl wrote:
<quoted text>Spoken like a true republican. Laws only apply to a few but me. I will do as I want whether it is against the law or not.
okU12

Indianapolis, IN

#10 Jan 13, 2013
DavidM wrote:
This is why I do not go to the airport.
<quoted text>
the not being able to afford a ticket probably deters you as well

Indianapolis

#11 Jan 14, 2013
Now that's funny.
okU12 wrote:
<quoted text>
the not being able to afford a ticket probably deters you as well

Indianapolis

#12 Jan 14, 2013
Do you say the same about pot smokers? how about speeders? How about college students that get caught drinking? Besides, I don't break the law. I just don't go places where I have to stay long that does not allow smoking. That way I save money in the long run by not spending much at places that does not allow smoking.
Carl wrote:
<quoted text>Spoken like a true republican. Laws only apply to a few but me. I will do as I want whether it is against the law or not.
JOE

Noblesville, IN

#13 Jan 14, 2013
Just keep smoking....The hospitals need your business so I can keep my job.
Freedom

Evanston, IL

#14 Jan 14, 2013
Ralph wrote:
<quoted text>Indiana law requires 8' to the best of my knowledge. Hospitals, being private, or public, can make their own petty rules, which they can stuff, you know where.
Anyone who is actually concerned with others who are smoking outdoors has either an extreme phobia, or serious issues with trying to control others.
Freedom

Evanston, IL

#15 Jan 14, 2013
Jerry wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not allowed to smoke at schools either, and it is obvious you have not gone there either.
You are not allowed to smoke at WalMArt yet that does not stop you and the rest of the rednecks.
Go figure.
Look at it like this Hoss... IF your neighbor buys a new stereo and uses your piss poor analogy that he paid good money for it, he can use t whenever and wherever he wants to, and keeps you up at night, according to YOUR OWN ANALOGY, it is fine with you, right?
If someone buys condoms, a LEGAL PRODUCT, they should be able to use them too, Anywhere they want, right? They bought them, they are going to use them. There should be a screwing zone.
We do not make exceptions for smokers. Why don;t you support the fight for gay rights, you might have a better chance.
Reductio ad absurdum certainly fits this post. That has to be some of the most ridiculous circular reasoning I've ever witnessed. You do know that one unrelated intrusion does not automatically justify another intrusion...which of course would then justify yet another...right? Based on lunatic reasoning such as yours, there are no restrictions that can not be justified.

Now, don't you have something better to do with your time...like hammering the salt addicts or the soda pop junkies, or perhaps the bacon lovers?
Skinny Cow

Indianapolis, IN

#16 Jan 14, 2013
Keep eating fast food because most health care workers are overweight.
JOE wrote:
Just keep smoking....The hospitals need your business so I can keep my job.

“NOT RUSSIAN”

Since: May 08

and not from Russia

#17 Jan 14, 2013
Freedom wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who is actually concerned with others who are smoking outdoors has either an extreme phobia, or serious issues with trying to control others.
I agree. Not only can you NOT smoke on hospital grounds, but here's one for you: I can CLOCK OUT for my lunch, drive THREE bloccks away, smoke a cigarette, come back to work and clock BACK IN, and if someone with a hair across their butts decides to, and smells cigarette smoke on me AFTER I clock back in, they can report me to my supervisor, and he can fire me.

I don't know about you, but I think the ACLU will eventually get in on this one. They already have mandated the flu shot, no excuses.

GOD it's a good time to be leaving the Healthcare field. Give me something simple, uncomplicated, like DATA ENTRY....
HowzBoutDat

Boonsboro, MD

#18 Jan 14, 2013
Skinny Cow wrote:
Keep eating fast food because most health care workers are overweight. <quoted text>
Joe's position as Hospital Custodian does not rank him as a health care worker.
Freedom

Evanston, IL

#19 Jan 14, 2013
Russia1513 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Not only can you NOT smoke on hospital grounds, but here's one for you: I can CLOCK OUT for my lunch, drive THREE bloccks away, smoke a cigarette, come back to work and clock BACK IN, and if someone with a hair across their butts decides to, and smells cigarette smoke on me AFTER I clock back in, they can report me to my supervisor, and he can fire me.
I don't know about you, but I think the ACLU will eventually get in on this one. They already have mandated the flu shot, no excuses.
GOD it's a good time to be leaving the Healthcare field. Give me something simple, uncomplicated, like DATA ENTRY....
Yep, the healthcare industry has been over run by people who lean far towards Fascism, where state and corporate combine to push political agendas. Since the flu outbreak, there's already been at least 13 people who have lost their jobs because they refused the vaccine.

The best solution would be for people to finally stand up for themselves and to refuse to comply with the dictates of these little tin god dictators, and I'm hopeful that eventually the people will do just that, as these Fascists continue to push the limits, while pissing off more and more freedom lovers.

“NOT RUSSIAN”

Since: May 08

and not from Russia

#20 Jan 14, 2013
Freedom wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, the healthcare industry has been over run by people who lean far towards Fascism, where state and corporate combine to push political agendas. Since the flu outbreak, there's already been at least 13 people who have lost their jobs because they refused the vaccine.
The best solution would be for people to finally stand up for themselves and to refuse to comply with the dictates of these little tin god dictators, and I'm hopeful that eventually the people will do just that, as these Fascists continue to push the limits, while pissing off more and more freedom lovers.
I wish it were possible to 'stand up'. One woman actually forgot her shot, and they just fired her, flat out. Period.
I have yet to hear any follow up info. You get FIRED when you refuse.

Again, thank heavens I'm outta here in 6 months! Yahoo!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
white girls 4 hr RZA 1
When Did Indy Become So Racist and Why? 10 hr The Zombie 77
Vote to outlaw whittieeee Christmas 11 hr The Zombie 26
Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band coming to Ba... 12 hr fyi 15
Lonely 12 hr gary 3
Why do most Blacks hate Whites? (Jul '13) Tue Horsechief 445
Let it Out (Oct '07) Tue Get real dude 229
Westfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web