Westfield man pleads guilty to fondli...

Westfield man pleads guilty to fondling girl

There are 20 comments on the www.county29.net story from Feb 28, 2008, titled Westfield man pleads guilty to fondling girl. In it, www.county29.net reports that:

A Westfield man faces as many as eight years in prison for admitting he kissed and fondled a 14-year-old girl while they were at a residence alone together.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.county29.net.

“Ignorance is not always bliss.”

Since: Jan 08

small town Indiana

#1 Feb 28, 2008
This is just so sad. It is the adult's responsibility to say no. There are so many unanswered questions here, such as:
Why was this man alone with this young girl?
Why was this young girl behaving this way?
I am angry that this young man will be punished by whatever the judge says and then be re-punished by a damn registry that our legislators so stupidly came up with. Mom, I hope your daughter is on birth control pills because you have a problem there.

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Feb 29, 2008
24 is old enough to know better. You can put part of the blame on the parents of the girl for not supervising her, but most of the blame should fall on the perverted 24 year old that enjoys making out with children. That's not normal behavior.

small town Indiana

#3 Feb 29, 2008
rictor wrote:
24 is old enough to know better. You can put part of the blame on the parents of the girl for not supervising her, but most of the blame should fall on the perverted 24 year old that enjoys making out with children. That's not normal behavior.
Absolutely the 24 year old should have known better; he admitted he knew her age. It's easy to call him perverted but the fact is some 14 year olds look 20 and she sure wasn't acting like a child if the article was correct.

“Wake me when it's dinnertime”

Since: Dec 07

Now living in Rotonda West, FL

#4 Feb 29, 2008
Many years ago while I was the student teacher at a local jr. high school, the students (8th graders) had a dress up day. We had this one girl I will never forget. If I hadn't known she was only 14 I would have thought she was 26. She was tall and physically more mature than one would expect. I'm not saying the young girl in this story is older appearing than 14 but I'm just saying there may be more to this story than some 24 year old perv getting it on with a 14 year old.

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Mar 1, 2008
You guys are going to end up on one of those Catch a Predator shows, aren't you?

"Yah, I knew she was only 14 but she looked 30 and she was horny, man! I thought it was okay!"

small town Indiana

#6 Mar 1, 2008
rictor wrote:
You guys are going to end up on one of those Catch a Predator shows, aren't you?
"Yah, I knew she was only 14 but she looked 30 and she was horny, man! I thought it was okay!"
I wish I could find this funny but I don't.

#7 Mar 1, 2008
Understand that temptation can be a very strong motivator toward bad behavior. I have been married to the same woman going on 38 years and I have never once cheated on her.

Is that because I have never been tempted or because I am strong with the force? I wish I could, but I have always been very pragmatic. If I had ever indulged in the forbidden sweets I know with all of my soul that my wife would find out and I would lose her in a moment. I have always figured I had far more to lose than I had to gain, so I was able to handle temptation. Sadly some men lack the intestinal fortitude and stray and when they do they pay for it...and pay dearly.

I'm not excusing this guy's behavior but I am saying he let the moment cloud his judgement and now he's going to pay, as well he should.

“Oh! A wise guy!”

Since: May 07

Jolly old Greenwood, Indiana

#8 Mar 1, 2008
Yes, temptation can be very strong. But if you have good morals and you know right from wrong you shouldn't have too much trouble. We're not talking about something like quitting smoking. This is serious stuff.
Speaking about intestinal fortitude. Spending time in a jungle prison camp in Vietnam proved to me that if I could get through that I could get through anything. A lot of young men these days would never ever make it through something like that let alone stay away from sex with a minor. They do what makes them feel good. When opportunity knocks they take it. Never mind that it's wrong and illegal.

#9 Mar 1, 2008
Mike of Greenwood wrote:
Yes, temptation can be very strong. But if you have good morals and you know right from wrong you shouldn't have too much trouble. We're not talking about something like quitting smoking. This is serious stuff.
Speaking about intestinal fortitude. Spending time in a jungle prison camp in Vietnam proved to me that if I could get through that I could get through anything. A lot of young men these days would never ever make it through something like that let alone stay away from sex with a minor. They do what makes them feel good. When opportunity knocks they take it. Never mind that it's wrong and illegal.
Thank you for your courageous service and congratulations on surviving your captivity.

I agree knowing right from wrong is important and I also known that temptation can melt the strongest resolve, especially when alcohol and drugs are involved.

When Kobe Bryant got caught with that girl in Denver it wasn't because she was better looking than Kobe's wife, she wasn't. It was because she was there and his wife was 1,000 miles away. Every man faces temptation and how we handle it depends on our upbringing and our moral compass.

Again, thank you for your service.

“Oh! A wise guy!”

#10 Mar 1, 2008
Thank you. I appreciate that. And I agree with what you. It's how we handle the situation that matters. Well said.

small town Indiana

#11 Mar 2, 2008
Mike of Greenwood wrote:
First, thank you for your service to our country. I can't even imagine what you went through. I have issues with how our government is handling sex offenders. The sex offender registry bothers me because I don't believe it keeps anyone safe and it actually could hinder a person (such as the young man in this story) from being able to accept his responsiblity and punishment and then go on with his life. This man on being released from prison or jail will not be able to live within a 1000 feet of a school, park, church, etc. and that makes no sense to me. Our legislators have made such a mess of this and it makes me angry. Just my thoughts.

“Oh! A wise guy!”

#12 Mar 2, 2008
Purl wrote:
<quoted text>First, thank you for your service to our country. I can't even imagine what you went through. I have issues with how our government is handling sex offenders. The sex offender registry bothers me because I don't believe it keeps anyone safe and it actually could hinder a person (such as the young man in this story) from being able to accept his responsiblity and punishment and then go on with his life. This man on being released from prison or jail will not be able to live within a 1000 feet of a school, park, church, etc. and that makes no sense to me. Our legislators have made such a mess of this and it makes me angry. Just my thoughts.
Thanks for your support. I agree with you too. I saw a story once about this not too awful long ago. They showed a map of a city and marked off the locations of all of the parks, schools, churches, etc..., and tried to show where an offender could legally reside. There wasn't anywhere. Yes, they've committed a crime but where are they supposed to live? They have to live somewhere. And just because they don't live near any of these places doesn't mean they won't do it again. If they're that determined they'll find a victim somewhere.
Also, there are those who elect themselves sheriff, prosecutor, judge, and executioner. I remember a guy who lived in my neighborhood awhile ago. He was a convicted sex offender. He plead guilty to raping his ex-wife. It was the only time the guy had ever been in serious trouble.
There was a child that was missing and a group of people ,led by this one lady, attacked the guy and beat him silly. He lost an eye, all of his teeth, and was in the hospital for weeks. All this woman knew was that he was a sex offender. But she had him labeled a child predator.
They found the girl at the mall with a friend. And the police did nothing to these people except warn them to stay away from him. I heard one cop say that it was to be expected when you have a sex offender living in your neighborhood and people find out. His attitude was, "Oh, well." While the guy was in the hospital somebody set fire to his house. He ended up moving across the country to live with some relatives. It's sad.

small town Indiana

#13 Mar 2, 2008
Mike of Greenwood wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your support. I agree with you too. I saw a story once about this not too awful long ago. They showed a map of a city and marked off the locations of all of the parks, schools, churches, etc..., and tried to show where an offender could legally reside. There wasn't anywhere. Yes, they've committed a crime but where are they supposed to live? They have to live somewhere. And just because they don't live near any of these places doesn't mean they won't do it again. If they're that determined they'll find a victim somewhere.
Also, there are those who elect themselves sheriff, prosecutor, judge, and executioner. I remember a guy who lived in my neighborhood awhile ago. He was a convicted sex offender. He plead guilty to raping his ex-wife. It was the only time the guy had ever been in serious trouble.
There was a child that was missing and a group of people ,led by this one lady, attacked the guy and beat him silly. He lost an eye, all of his teeth, and was in the hospital for weeks. All this woman knew was that he was a sex offender. But she had him labeled a child predator.
They found the girl at the mall with a friend. And the police did nothing to these people except warn them to stay away from him. I heard one cop say that it was to be expected when you have a sex offender living in your neighborhood and people find out. His attitude was, "Oh, well." While the guy was in the hospital somebody set fire to his house. He ended up moving across the country to live with some relatives. It's sad.
This story makes me furious. Where and when did this happen? I have been reading where a man who had been convicted 5 times for rape, killed a child in Conneticut (I blieve). He was on the registry and didn't live within the required feet of a school and such; a person convicted more than once should have never been let back out on the streets period. If a person is so dangerous that they need to be put on a registry and made to live so far away from places where children go then they need to be kept in prison. I have been writing our congressman to do something about these ridiculous restrictions and the registry because it doesn't work and it isn't right. A person who is released from prison should deserve the chance to go on with his or her life without being harrassed. I encourage everyone I meet to.

“Oh! A wise guy!”

#14 Mar 2, 2008
It's been quite awhile. I actually can't remember exactly when it was. I've been writing various individuals for years about certain things. All I get is a canned response. That is, if I get a response.
Repeat Offender

Monon, IN

#15 Mar 4, 2008
Purl wrote:
This is just so sad. It is the adult's responsibility to say no. There are so many unanswered questions here, such as:
Why was this man alone with this young girl?
Why was this young girl behaving this way?
I am angry that this young man will be punished by whatever the judge says and then be re-punished by a damn registry that our legislators so stupidly came up with. Mom, I hope your daughter is on birth control pills because you have a problem there.
Was this Edward Shadday?
Amerie

Duncan, OK

#16 Mar 4, 2008
um why was he sleeping at their house in the first place?
lmao

Indianapolis, IN

#17 Jun 24, 2011
it was edward shadday.
Edward Shadday

Milliken, CO

#18 Jul 6, 2011
SEX, any SEX, is GREAT at any age.

If it feels good, then DO IT!!

I'm Cumming.
edward SHADDAY

Kendallville, IN

#19 Jul 6, 2011
i'M cumming.
edward SHADDAY

Kendallville, IN

#20 Jul 6, 2011
I am still CUMMING!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fishers to consider ban of vaping, chewing toba... 12 hr The Liberal 2
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) 15 hr Liar in chief 101
I Spent An Hour And a Half Today.. 18 hr The Liberal 4
Who is looking good as a new mayoral candidate ... 20 hr Delilah 1
News Indiana bill would allow nine more opioid treat... 20 hr CureAll 1
Requirements For Voting! Mon The Liberal 7
Video of racist teens at Forest Park Mon Tattle tail 1

Westfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Westfield Mortgages