A few recruiting notes

Aug 29, 2012 Full story: The Indianapolis Star 133

Fishers senior guard Jaylon Brown has a top five list of schools he's considering: Evansville, Miami , Ohio, St.

Full Story
Nobody Important

Greenwood, IN

#86 Mar 1, 2013
The writer for the Indianapolis Star is promoting tonight's clash between #1 Mount Vernon (Fortville) with #11 Guerin Catholic.

He says the winner will likely be favored to win the state championship. Yes, considering the Star's influence upon the IHSAA to make a major change to the Class 3A tournament last year. The winners of the Greensburg sectional had gone on to win the Shelbyville regional in four of five years (Batesville, Batesville, Greensburg, Danville, Batesville). So what did they do to ensure teams in the Indianapolis metro area can reach the semi-state? The IHSAA decided to send the winner of the Greensburg sectional on a three-hour journey to the Washington regional. I guess that if you can't compete with 'em, you just send 'em away to delay the inevitable for another week. Its good for readership.

Good luck to the #2 Greensburg Pirates in tonight's clash with #8 Batesville. The winner of tonight's game will likely have to contend with #4 Brownstown Central and #5 Evansville Bosse next week.

Evansville Bosse will likely have to overcome Mount Vernon (Posey) in Saturday's sectional final at Boonville. Mount Vernon (Posey) was a top-ten team just a month ago before losing its last three regular season games. It survived Southern Gibson 52-51 in its opening game at Boonville. Evansville Bosse beat Mount Vernon (Posey) 73-59 during the regular season. Perhaps Mount Vernon will regain its poise this week. Stranger things have happened.

As for Greensburg, anything less than a state championship will fail to impress the Indianapolis Star. At stake are not only the championship, but the college recruitments of four players and a serious run at the nomination of Indiana's Mr. Basketball in the next year or two. A state championship might also be relayed into a coaching position for the Indiana All-Stars this summer.

Of course, the Indianapolis Star is going to blow the horns of Indianapolis players and coaches in its paper. In military terms, a Greensburg state championship will equate to an "occupation by force." Isn't it time that Greensburg have its day in the sun? For that matter ... Waldron and Columbus North, too.
Josie

Batesville, IN

#87 Mar 1, 2013
Nobody Important wrote:
Good luck to the #2 Greensburg Pirates in tonight's clash with #8 Batesville.
As for Greensburg, anything less than a state championship will fail to impress the Indianapolis Star. At stake are not only the championship, but the college recruitments of four players and a serious run at the nomination of Indiana's Mr. Basketball in the next year or two.

Isn't it time that Greensburg have its day in the sun? For that matter ... Waldron and Columbus North, too.
I may be a bit biased but I don't really think Greensburg deserves its "day in the sun" and I hope Batesville can win another sectional tonight. It should be a great game. I just know if you look at character of players and, more importantly, the program - Batesville definitely comes out on top. We have a group of boys born and raised in Batesville, no recruitment, good kids who work hard.

Let the battle begin...
Nobody Important

Greenwood, IN

#88 Mar 1, 2013
If recruitment has taken place, it would seem the Greensburg youth would have moved to New Castle. It has the largest high school gymnasium in the country with a rich basketball tradition, and a recruitment pipeline to Butler University.
trapper keeper

Chicago, IL

#89 Mar 2, 2013
Josie wrote:
<quoted text>I may be a bit biased but I don't really think Greensburg deserves its "day in the sun" and I hope Batesville can win another sectional tonight. It should be a great game. I just know if you look at character of players and, more importantly, the program - Batesville definitely comes out on top. We have a group of boys born and raised in Batesville, no recruitment, good kids who work hard.

Let the battle begin...
The best men won! Being raised with a silver spoon doesn't make a team better. Hard work, dedication, and plain wanting it more put Greensburg on top last night. And the best part of the night was the class our boys and students demonstrated, something that Batesville students haven't always shown us. Let the rivalry continue!!
Josie

Batesville, IN

#90 Mar 2, 2013
trapper keeper wrote:
<quoted text>
The best men won! Being raised with a silver spoon doesn't make a team better. Hard work, dedication, and plain wanting it more put Greensburg on top last night. And the best part of the night was the class our boys and students demonstrated, something that Batesville students haven't always shown us. Let the rivalry continue!!
Obviously you do not know any of the Batesville players if you make the "silver spoon" comment. It is sad that you have that opinion. I can think of one that your comment would apply to. The others - far, far from that.

I would definitely disagree with the "class" statement also.(seem to remember some pretty bad t-shirts worn when Gburg played at Bville). But, I agree, teens are teens and there have been many times I feel their cheers are very inappropriate. They think it is all just a normal part of rivalry.

While I am sad that Batesville's season is over, I will now cheer on our neighbors. Best of luck the rest of the season!
Josie

Batesville, IN

#91 Mar 2, 2013
Nobody Important wrote:
If recruitment has taken place, it would seem the Greensburg youth would have moved to New Castle. It has the largest high school gymnasium in the country with a rich basketball tradition, and a recruitment pipeline to Butler University.
It is obvious you do not live in Greensburg.
trapper keeper

Chicago, IL

#92 Mar 2, 2013
Josie wrote:
<quoted text>Obviously you do not know any of the Batesville players if you make the "silver spoon" comment. It is sad that you have that opinion. I can think of one that your comment would apply to. The others - far, far from that.

I would definitely disagree with the "class" statement also.(seem to remember some pretty bad t-shirts worn when Gburg played at Bville). But, I agree, teens are teens and there have been many times I feel their cheers are very inappropriate. They think it is all just a normal part of rivalry.

While I am sad that Batesville's season is over, I will now cheer on our neighbors. Best of luck the rest of the season!
Interesting, you made generalizations about your players having better character than ours. But, you obviously don't know our players. I suspect we should just agree that we each hold our players in high regard and the game was well played on both sides.
Nobody Important

Greenwood, IN

#93 Mar 2, 2013
Josie wrote:
It is obvious you do not live in Greensburg.
What does that have to do with anything?

Of course I want my alma mater to win the championship trophy that has always been elusive. I want to see someone from Greensburg on the Indiana All-Star team when it plays the Kentucky All-Stars and if the town is really fortunate, I'd like to see one of its own be Mr. Basketball. And I'd like to see Greensburg's coach get a boost in reputation by being named as a coach to the All-Star team.

Did you know that a long time ago, I used be the coach of third and fourth graders in the Saturday morning basketball league at the YMCA? I coached both Brian and Stacy Meyer but due to their age difference, not at the same time.

Did you know that a year ago, I brought my wife to the Greensburg sectional to see the Batesville game and as it progressed, I came to be rooting against Greensburg for love of the game? Yes. Just look at some of my posts in this very thread from about four or six months ago. I was critical of one Greensburg player in particular, for jumping into the outstretched arms of Batesville defenders. I thought then, as I still think, that its a cheap way to draw fouls. Greensburg players of old, like Bob Barker and Vince Netherland, were good enough to use their offensive skills for overcoming a defender.

What's in the past, stays in the past. Its a different day and a new tournament.

In comparing Batesville's program to Greensburg's, YOU made the inference that one recruits players and the other doesn't. Yes. A Greensburg player originates from New Castle, But if recruitment is a goal, Greensburg isn't the place that any would uproot and move. What added attraction is there to the reasons stated in my earlier post, that any would want to play in Greensburg? New Castle has enjoyed more basketball success and captures more of the attention one with ambition endeavors to obtain. If anything, the Greensburg youth would have gone there instead of the New Castle youth moving to Greensburg.
Josie

Batesville, IN

#94 Mar 2, 2013
trapper keeper wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting, you made generalizations about your players having better character than ours. But, you obviously don't know our players. I suspect we should just agree that we each hold our players in high regard and the game was well played on both sides.
You are correct. I generalized about Gburg players, you generalized about Bville players. If I expect you to change your mind about Bville, I must be willing to change my mind about Gburg.

Last night's game was played well in the first half. Obviously, I don't think Bville played well in the second half or the outcome would have been different.

As I said, good luck to you. And there is always another season, right?:)
Nobody Important

Greenwood, IN

#95 Mar 2, 2013
Nobody Important wrote:
Evansville Bosse will likely have to overcome Mount Vernon (Posey) in Saturday's sectional final at Boonville. Mount Vernon (Posey) was a top-ten team just a month ago before losing its last three regular season games. Perhaps Mount Vernon will regain its poise this week. Stranger things have happened.
After tonight, Greensburg will next face the winner of the above game. Beyond that, it will likely face the winner of Brownstown Central and Vincennes Lincoln.
Nobody Important

Greenwood, IN

#96 Mar 8, 2013
Nobody Important wrote:
Consider the Indianapolis Star's influence upon the IHSAA to make a major change to the Class 3A tournament last year. The winners of the Greensburg sectional had gone on to win the Shelbyville regional in four of five years (Batesville, Batesville, Greensburg, Danville, Batesville). So what did they do to ensure teams in the Indianapolis metro area can reach the semi-state? The IHSAA sent the winner of the Greensburg sectional on a three-hour journey to the Washington regional. I guess that if you can't compete with 'em, you just send 'em away to delay the inevitable for another week. Its good for readership.

Evansville Bosse will likely have to overcome Mount Vernon (Posey) in Saturday's sectional final at Boonville. Mount Vernon (Posey) was a top-ten team just a month ago before losing its last three regular season games. Evansville Bosse beat Mount Vernon (Posey) 73-59 during the regular season.

As for Greensburg, anything less than a state championship will fail to impress the Indianapolis Star. At stake are not only the championship, but the college recruitments of four players and a serious run at the nomination of Indiana's Mr. Basketball in the next year or two. A state championship might be relayed into a coaching position for the Indiana All-Stars. In military terms, a state championship will equate to an "occupation by force." Isn't it time Greensburg has its day in the sun?
On page C6 of today's Indianapolis Star....

Anticipated game will take place a year later

http://www.usatodayhss.com/indianapolis/artic...

[An excerpt]

It's coming a year later than most expected but the highly-anticipated Class 3A regional game between Evansville Bosse and Greensburg will go down on Saturday at the Hatchet House in Washington.

Second-ranked Greensburg (22-1) was knocked off by Brownstown Central 64-57 in the regional semifinal a year ago. Fifth-ranked Bosse (19-5) pounded Brownstown 77-56 in the regional championship that night.

Greensburg brings back the core of that team, including juniors Sean Sellers and Bryant McIntosh (Indiana State) and sophomore Ryan Welage, all considered Division I prospects.

Bosse junior JaQuan Lyle has put together a monster season, averaging 27 points, 13.2 rebounds and seven assists. Lyle, ranked No. 16 nationally by Rivals.com in his class, has eight triple-doubles this season and posted 41 points and 21 rebounds last week in a sectional semifinal win over Evansville Memorial.

"He's a first-team all-state player," Bosse coach Shane Burkhart said.

Lyle, who has a top-10 list of Cincinnati, Florida, Georgetown, Illinois, Indiana, Louisville, North Carolina State, Ohio State, Tennessee and Texas, has plenty of help in a supporting cast that includes juniors Perry Fairrow and Bo Burkhart, who are also receiving Division I interest.

Fairrow, a 6-1 guard, got off to a fast start this season and is averaging 20.7 points per game. Burkhart, a 6-foot guard, was slowed by injury early in the season but is averaging 10.5 points.

"We have a lot of weapons to cover," said Burkhart, whose team is averaging nearly 76 points a game, fifth in the state. "Bo didn't really have his legs early in the season but he's come on and is averaging about 16 a game in the last eight games. Perry was just killing people early in the season and he's played really well all the way through."

Bosse has plenty of motivation after losing 75-56 in last year's semistate to eventual 3A champion Guerin Catholic. Departed senior Jalen Pendleton scored 29 points in that game, but the sophomores did not play well.

"I think those guys had been on the scene for so long that people kind of forgot they were sophomores," Burkhart said. "It was a big game and (Guerin) was senior-laden and we weren't. We can't dwell on that game, but I think it can be a motivator for us."

[End of excerpt]
Nobody Important

Greenwood, IN

#97 Mar 8, 2013
Nobody Important wrote:
Consider the Indianapolis Star's influence upon the IHSAA to make a major change to the Class 3A tournament last year. The winners of the Greensburg sectional had gone on to win the Shelbyville regional in four of five years (Batesville, Batesville, Greensburg, Danville, Batesville). So what did they do to ensure teams in the Indianapolis metro area can reach the semi-state? The IHSAA sent the winner of the Greensburg sectional on a three-hour journey to the Washington regional. I guess that if you can't compete with 'em, you just send 'em away to delay the inevitable for another week. Its good for readership.

Evansville Bosse will likely have to overcome Mount Vernon (Posey) in Saturday's sectional final at Boonville. Mount Vernon (Posey) was a top-ten team just a month ago before losing its last three regular season games. Bosse beat Mount Vernon (Posey) 73-59 during the regular season.

As for Greensburg, anything less than a state championship will fail to impress the Indianapolis Star. At stake are not only the championship, but the college recruitments of four players and a serious run at the nomination of Indiana's Mr. Basketball in the next year or two. A state championship might be relayed into a coaching position for the Indiana All-Stars. In military terms, a state championship will equate to an "occupation by force." Isn't it time Greensburg has its day in the sun?
On page C6 of today's Indianapolis Star....

Anticipated game will take place a year later

http://www.usatodayhss.com/indianapolis/artic...

[An excerpt]

It's coming a year later than most expected but the highly-anticipated Class 3A regional game between Evansville Bosse and Greensburg will go down on Saturday at the Hatchet House in Washington.

Second-ranked Greensburg (22-1) was knocked off by Brownstown Central 64-57 in the regional semifinal a year ago. Fifth-ranked Bosse (19-5) pounded Brownstown 77-56 in the regional championship that night.

Greensburg brings back the core of that team, including juniors Sean Sellers and Bryant McIntosh (Indiana State) and sophomore Ryan Welage, all considered Division I prospects.

Bosse junior JaQuan Lyle has put together a monster season, averaging 27 points, 13.2 rebounds and seven assists. Lyle, ranked No. 16 nationally by Rivals.com in his class, has eight triple-doubles this season and posted 41 points and 21 rebounds last week in a sectional semifinal win over Evansville Memorial.

"He's a first-team all-state player," Bosse coach Shane Burkhart said.

Lyle, who has a top-10 list of Cincinnati, Florida, Georgetown, Illinois, Indiana, Louisville, North Carolina State, Ohio State, Tennessee and Texas, has plenty of help in a supporting cast that includes juniors Perry Fairrow and Bo Burkhart, who are also receiving Division I interest.

Fairrow, a 6-1 guard, got off to a fast start this season and is averaging 20.7 points per game. Burkhart, a 6-foot guard, was slowed by injury early in the season but is averaging 10.5 points.

"We have a lot of weapons to cover," said Burkhart, whose team is averaging nearly 76 points a game, fifth in the state. "Bo didn't really have his legs early in the season but he's come on and is averaging about 16 a game in the last eight games. Perry was just killing people early in the season and he's played really well all the way through."

Bosse has plenty of motivation after losing 75-56 in last year's semistate to eventual 3A champion Guerin Catholic. Departed senior Jalen Pendleton scored 29 points in that game, but the sophomores did not play well.

"I think those guys had been on the scene for so long that people kind of forgot they were sophomores," Burkhart said. "It was a big game and (Guerin) was senior-laden and we weren't. We can't dwell on that game, but I think it can be a motivator for us."

[End of excerpt]
Game On

West Alexandria, OH

#98 Mar 8, 2013
Nobody Important

Greenwood, IN

#99 Mar 8, 2013
Here's another article by the same writer....

Kyle Neddenriep's picks stink but the games will be great

http://www.usatodayhss.com/indianapolis/artic...

[An excerpt]

Let's take a shot with the 16 regional sites:

Class 3A

At Blackford: Look for Fort Wayne Concordia to get past Hamilton Heights and Norwell for its regional title in 13 years.

At Plymouth: This is a loaded field with Andrean (20-3), Plymouth (20-3), Gary Wallace (14-7) and West Lafayette (19-5). I'll take Plymouth over West Lafayette and Andrean.

At Washington: Greensburg (22-1) vs. Evansville Bosse (19-5) is a heavyweight matchup and Brownstown Central (23-1) vs. Vincennes Lincoln (18-6) isn't bad either. Look for Bosse to survive.

At Greencastle: Mt. Vernon (22-1) will be challenged by Danville (18-5) and Frankfort (20-4) but survives.

[End of excerpt]

He's right. His picks really do stink.
Nobody Important

Greenwood, IN

#100 Mar 9, 2013
Greensburg 65, Brownstown Central 54. Regional champs!
Nobody Important

Greenwood, IN

#101 Mar 10, 2013
Here's the game report in the Evansville paper....

No. 2 Greensburg ousts No. 5 Bosse

http://www.courierpress.com/news/2013/mar/09/...

[An excerpt]

WASHINGTON, Ind.— Bosse High School’s hopes and dreams of postseason glory were shattered in a matter of minutes on Saturday in the semifinals of the Class 3A Washington Regional boys’ basketball tournament.

Fouled on a 3-point attempt, Jaquan Lyle missed the first free throw, then hit the next two to narrow Greensburg’s lead to 53-51 with 1:48 showing in the third quarter. From there, the No. 2 Pirates continued their offensive fireworks and Bosse could do nothing to slow them down, falling 82-65.

"We couldn’t get stops," said Lyle, a 6-foot-5 junior guard-forward who finished with 25 points, 10 rebounds and six assists. "If you don’t get any defensive stops, it’s the end of the game."

No. 5 Bosse didn’t have an answer for Greensburg’s versatile and potent inside-outside game. Sean Sellers, a 6-foot-7 junior forward, was 9-for-13 from the field in pumping in 27 points and had 14 rebounds. Shorter Bosse simply couldn’t handle him or 6-8 sophomore Ryan Welage inside. Bryant McIntosh, a 6-3 junior guard, was 9-for-14 from the floor in scoring a game-high 28 points.

For the game, the Pirates shot an amazing 67.7 percent (31-for-47) from the field.

Bosse, which entered Saturday as the defending regional champion, finished 19-6. The Bulldogs will return everyone next season, except for senior reserve Saeed Walcott.

"I told them in the locker room that they can’t take anything for granted," said Bosse coach Shane Burkhart. "Every day you have a chance to get better and you have to use that opportunity. Saeed Walcott is our only senior and he’s a tremendous young man."

"The group in the locker room coming back has to understand that we had six losses for a reason. We have to fix it or we won’t be special like we want to be."

When asked what needs to be fixed, Burkhart said: "We’ll keep that inside our locker room."

Left searching for an answer for what went wrong and looking to the future, Lyle said: "We don't want that feeling again. Our whole team is underclassmen. We have to come back real strong next year. Hopefully, we’ll get it done."

Junior forward Bryson Johnson (15 points) and junior guard Bo Burkhart (11) joined Lyle in double figures.

Lyle had 12 of Bosse’s 17 points in the first quarter, but the Bulldogs trailed, 22-17. He got his teammates involved in the second period, dishing off for five assists, and they led by one at intermission.

Trailing 28-17, Bosse closed the second quarter with a flourish, as Lyle’s lay-in after a steal before the buzzer gave the Bulldogs a 34-33 halftime advantage.

Then came Bosse’s defensive breakdown. Although it may have looked like an eventual blowout on paper, coach Burkhart said it was more a matter of a few possessions and a few missed shots in a short period of time that sealed the Bulldogs’ fate.

[End of excerpt]

In that Jaquan Lyle is talented and is recruited by some big-time colleges, Greensburg put on a fine display of talent, too. The game statistics prove it.

Lyle reminds me of Phil Cox's (Connersville, 1972) presence on the floor. When he had the ball, Cox could pick and choose what he wanted to do with it. What Lyle couldn't do is control the boards as Cox did. Cox was thus a more dominating presence on the court.

Cox didn't fight for rebounds. He would tip the ball to himself, in that he would send it to a place nobody else could get it so while other players were jumping up and up, Cox jumped up and tipped, and then jumped out to retrieve the ball. He would also bank it off the glass to himself.

In that Lyle is a smooth operator on the court, I'll take Greensburg's smash-face approach any day. Lyle had a good supporting cast. Greensburg was equal to Evansville's every challenge.
Nobody Important

Greenwood, IN

#102 Mar 10, 2013
Here's the game report in the Evansville paper....

No. 2 Greensburg ousts No. 5 Bosse

http://www.courierpress.com/news/2013/mar/09/...

[An excerpt]

WASHINGTON, Ind.— Bosse High School’s hopes and dreams of postseason glory were shattered in a matter of minutes on Saturday in the semifinals of the Class 3A Washington Regional boys’ basketball tournament.

Fouled on a 3-point attempt, Jaquan Lyle missed the first free throw, then hit the next two to narrow Greensburg’s lead to 53-51 with 1:48 showing in the third quarter. From there, the No. 2 Pirates continued their offensive fireworks and Bosse could do nothing to slow them down, falling 82-65.

"We couldn’t get stops," said Lyle, a 6-foot-5 junior guard-forward who finished with 25 points, 10 rebounds and six assists. "If you don’t get any defensive stops, it’s the end of the game."

No. 5 Bosse didn’t have an answer for Greensburg’s versatile and potent inside-outside game. Sean Sellers, a 6-foot-7 junior forward, was 9-for-13 from the field in pumping in 27 points and had 14 rebounds. Shorter Bosse simply couldn’t handle him or 6-8 sophomore Ryan Welage inside. Bryant McIntosh, a 6-3 junior guard, was 9-for-14 from the floor in scoring a game-high 28 points.

For the game, the Pirates shot an amazing 67.7 percent (31-for-47) from the field.

Bosse, which entered Saturday as the defending regional champion, finished 19-6. The Bulldogs will return everyone next season, except for senior reserve Saeed Walcott.

"I told them in the locker room that they can’t take anything for granted," said Bosse coach Shane Burkhart. "Every day you have a chance to get better and you have to use that opportunity. Saeed Walcott is our only senior and he’s a tremendous young man."

"The group in the locker room coming back has to understand that we had six losses for a reason. We have to fix it or we won’t be special like we want to be."

When asked what needs to be fixed, Burkhart said: "We’ll keep that inside our locker room."

Left searching for an answer for what went wrong and looking to the future, Lyle said: "We don't want that feeling again. Our whole team is underclassmen. We have to come back real strong next year. Hopefully, we’ll get it done."

Junior forward Bryson Johnson (15 points) and junior guard Bo Burkhart (11) joined Lyle in double figures.

Lyle had 12 of Bosse’s 17 points in the first quarter, but the Bulldogs trailed, 22-17. He got his teammates involved in the second period, dishing off for five assists, and they led by one at intermission.

Trailing 28-17, Bosse closed the second quarter with a flourish, as Lyle’s lay-in after a steal before the buzzer gave the Bulldogs a 34-33 halftime advantage.

Then came Bosse’s defensive breakdown. Although it may have looked like an eventual blowout on paper, coach Burkhart said it was more a matter of a few possessions and a few missed shots in a short period of time that sealed the Bulldogs’ fate.

[End of excerpt]

In that Jaquan Lyle is talented and is recruited by some big-time colleges, Greensburg put on a fine display of talent, too. The game statistics prove it.

Lyle reminds me of Phil Cox's (Connersville, 1972) presence on the floor. When he had the ball, Cox could pick and choose what he wanted to do with it. What Lyle couldn't do is control the boards as Cox did. Cox was thus a more dominating presence.

Cox didn't fight for rebounds. He would tip the ball to himself, in that he would send it to a place nobody else could get it so while other players were jumping up and up, Cox jumped up and tipped, and then jumped out to retrieve the ball. He would also bank it off the glass to himself.

In that Lyle is a smooth operator on the court, I'll take Greensburg's smash-face approach any day. Lyle had a good supporting cast. Greensburg was equal to Evansville's every challenge.
Nobody Important

Greenwood, IN

#103 Mar 10, 2013
Check out this conversation on pages 5, 6, and 7 ...

http://www.hoosiersportsnation.com/index.php...

One says that Tom Crean was there to see the Evansville player. I hope he got an eyefull of the Greensburg players, too.
Nobody Important

Greenwood, IN

#104 Mar 10, 2013
Mount Vernon - Greensburg to play 3 p.m. Saturday at Richmond

http://www.ihigh.com/hancockcountysports/arti...

[An excerpt]

Mt. Vernon will play Greensburg at 3 p.m. Saturday at Richmond in the IHSAA Class 3A semistate, the IHSAA announced Sunday morning.

The Marauders advanced by virtue of regional victories over Danville and Frankfort, including a 70-49 victory over the Hot Dogs in the finale at Greencastle. Greensburg advanced by beating Evansville Bosse and Brownstown, posting a 65-54 victory in the final.

Both teams come into the game with identical 24-1 records. They have swapped the No. 1 and No. 2 rankings much of the latter half of the season, with MV currently ranked No. 1 and Greensburg No. 2 in the AP Class 3A poll.

IHSAA boys basketball semistates
Saturday, March 16

At Richmond
1 p.m.:(Class 2A):(10) Linton (23-3) vs. Speedway (21-4)
3 p.m.(Class 3A):(2) Greensburg (24-1) vs.(1) Mt. Vernon (24-1)

At Seymour
4 p.m.:(Class A): Borden (22-3) vs. University (15-11)
6 p.m.:(Class 4A): Jeffersonville (24-3) vs.(7) Cathedral (24-5)

At Huntington North
1 p.m.:(Class 2A):(2) Tipton (25-2) vs.(7) Gary Bowman (16-9)
3 p.m.:(Class 3A):(7) Ft. Wayne Concordia (22-4) vs.(3) Andrean (22-3)

At Lafayette Jeff
4 p.m.:(Class A):(6) Lafayette Catholic (18-8) vs.(10) Triton (19-5)
6 p.m.:(Class 4A):(1) Carmel (23-2) vs. Merrillville (22-3)

[End of excerpt]
Nobody Important

Greenwood, IN

#105 Mar 10, 2013
Live webcast coverage of the Mount Vernon / Greensburg game will be available at HancockCountySports.com about 30 minutes before tipoff....

http://www.ihigh.com/hancockcountysports/broa...

[An excerpt]

The state's top two teams meet at the Tiernan Center in Richmond. Coverage will begin about 30 minutes before tipoff at approximately 3 p.m. Brought to you by Financial Center, NineStar Connect, Neighborhoods Against Substance Abuse, Werner Orthodontics, Hancock Regional Hospital and McCordsville Family Dentistry. Follow us on twitter @HancockCoSports.

[End of excerpt]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do most Blacks hate Whites? (Jul '13) 1 hr whiteisnotdark 446
Chuck should be gone Jim should be In 9 hr bikerbob 1
white girls 20 hr RZA 1
When Did Indy Become So Racist and Why? Wed The Zombie 77
Vote to outlaw whittieeee Christmas Wed The Zombie 26
Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band coming to Ba... Wed fyi 15
Lonely Wed gary 3
Westfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Westfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Westfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Westfield

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:29 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:29PM
Colts say they will be all business despite nothing to gain - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 2:15 AM
Should New England Patriots Rest Key Starters in Week 17?
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Breaking Down Colts' Game Plan vs. Titans
Bleacher Report 5:00 AM
Can't-Miss Picks and Matchup Guide
NBC Sports 6:16 AM
A.J. Green's injured arm "feeling a little better"