Cost of security upgrade at Kasich's ...

Cost of security upgrade at Kasich's home withheld

There are 350 comments on the DispatchPolitics story from Jan 2, 2011, titled Cost of security upgrade at Kasich's home withheld. In it, DispatchPolitics reports that:

John Kasich will be the first Ohio governor in a generation to forgo the secure confines of the state-owned Governor's Residence in Bexley in favor of his private residence, which means taxpayers will pay for security improvements at Kasich's home near Westerville.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at DispatchPolitics.

First Prev
of 18
Next Last
harvey

Columbus, OH

#346 Jan 7, 2011
dave chappelle wrote:
<quoted text>Innocent? Morris Dees is a true hatemonger.
target of hatred, racists like you hate him and want him dead...but he keeps telling the truth even while you fume...:)
harvey

Columbus, OH

#347 Jan 7, 2011
DrC Ohio wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to jump in here (but I will), not sure if you and crazy dave are talking about threats, in general, against obama, but they are up 400%
http://www.newsmax.com/RonaldKessler/Obama--t...
"The hardcover edition reported that threats against Obama rose by as much as 400 percent compared with when President Bush was in office. Although threats fluctuate, the level continues to be at high enough levels to call for the threat task force. Many of the threats are from racists who have no connection with politics."
If you already made this point-sorry for the redundancy.
no, but that's very interesting...not surprising, somehow, but very scary nevertheless. glad newsmax is concerned, i would have thought they'd be applauding...;)

“Zuzu's Petals”

Since: Sep 10

Bedford Falls

#348 Jan 8, 2011
Honestly wrote:
Kasich is all about the profit motive for himself, his family and his political associates.
He has promised to raise taxes (I thought that the Teapublicans said NO to raising taxes and that they had been taxed enough already). He has no middle ground on it, he WILL raise taxes in the midst of a recession, which again the Teapublicans said was the 'very worst thing that could ever happen.'
I have always paid taxes and suspect I always will because I am not a huge corporation which outsources jobs to other lands.
I've seen nothing from Kasich on how he plans to bring actual jobs that pay a livable wage to the citizens of Ohio. His message thus far has been that he will raise taxes, privatize everything he can (lowering wages which will lower taxable income except for the CEO's, CFO's, etc) and that he plans to start "fracking" through out the state which will increase water & air pollution, kill wildlife and residents of the state of Ohio, while pushing record profits to oil companies & Haliburton.
In my opinion, he is anti-American taxpayer (John & Joan Q. Public) and high on the profits he will share with his multi-millionaire/multi-billio naire Wall Street/Financial sector pals to the ruination of the citizenry of the state of Ohio.
Good grief, how many names do you post under? What a lunatic!
brigand57

Westerville, OH

#349 Jan 25, 2011
Let him borrow the money at a low interest rate to be paid back within the first term as governor. Ohioans should not have to foot the bill to increase his property value.
Mary Resnick

San Jose, CA

#350 Mar 7, 2011
What a self serving pro wealthy jerk. He claims to be for the interest of the people he supposedly serves but he is really for those who will most likely line hus pockets when he leaves
charlie sheen

Columbus, OH

#351 Mar 7, 2011
no problem I give up my pension and health care for Kasich
defecation n ohio capitol

West Union, OH

#352 Mar 7, 2011
charlie sheen wrote:
no problem I give up my pension and health care for Kasich
No, Strickland let the prisoners at Lucasville have it plus they got the Governor's mansion.
bexley citizen

Columbus, OH

#353 Mar 15, 2011
moronh8r wrote:
Who wants to live in Bexley anyways. Uptight snobs abound. Doesn't it sound logical to keep your kid in a stable enviroment? Maybe the thought of keeping his kid OUT of Col. school systems is good enough excuse. 10 acres on edge of waterfront or middle or Bexley. Hmm, think I could make my choice quick and easy.
Not everyone in Bexley is an uptight snob, thank you. Bexley schools are among the top in the nation. Yes, Bexley has it's own school system, not Columbus school district. And the governor elect should pay the additional cost instead of passing this to taxpayers. Get a clue.
asusnshinegirl

Upper Sandusky, OH

#354 Jul 2, 2011
does govenor Kasisck have a home on Kelly's Island, near Port Clinton Ohio?
Kennesaw71

Atlanta, GA

#355 Jul 3, 2011
Obama-Biden wrote:
The rbaggers are just greedy, selfish, pathological LIARS.
Hey pot, this is the kettle...GUESS WAT?????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westerville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Panty hose vs bare skin What is your preference? 2 hr Billie Jean 97
FIND LINDA and PAMMY! 4 hr Linda 13
Republicans are Fun 4 hr WhackoBird 110
Poll Is Barack Obama a Muslim? 71% Say Yes (May '14) 4 hr Linda 379
Fake Duke 4 hr Linda 4
News Prosecutors: Illegal Immigrant Minors Forced To... 4 hr They cannot kill ... 5
VIRAL VIDEO: Watch homeless piano man 5 hr Zoe Regen 7
More from around the web

Westerville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Westerville Mortgages