Fire-damage company target of state lawsuit | The Columbus Disp...

Full story: Columbus Dispatch

A Westerville company was sued yesterday by the Ohio attorney general's office, which accused it of taking insurance payments for repairing fire-damaged homes but either not completing the work or doing it "shoddily." Columbus Fire Repair also is accused of using deceptive sales practices, Attorney General Richard Cordray said.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
Im_Here

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2009

Judged:

Bridge states the the lawsuit is without merit and "The complaint is severely flawed," but doesn't deny that all the charges are false. Is he just trying to cast a shadow of doubt in the court of public opinion?

If the subscription to a news-pager is true, why? This is an indication of ambulance chasing, catching people when their guard is down. Attorneys get a bad rap for this practice because it's predatory and this is no different.

In addition to restitution and civil penalties, what about insurance fraud?
bill

Chagrin Falls, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2009

Judged:

Interesting response. First, the Dispatch rarely includes one's entire statement or comment. If it did, there very well might be specific denials, who knows? The words ambulance-chasing are synonymous with the word "attorney." It matters not that they chase "civil suits" rather than car accidents, however, I suspect they chase both. It is entirely possible that the only egregious conduct in such matters very well may be only by the attorneys involved who bring baseless and meritless litigation in hopes of possibly squeezing someone into an unjustified settlement--apparently not Bridge though...something Attorney, Mr. Jennifer Brunner is learning the hard way. Rather than obsessing over pointless litigation, such attorneys maybe would be wiser to be more concerned about Title 18, USC 1623, O.R.Civ.P, Rule 11 and ORC 2323.51, prior to bringing totally frivolous litigation which the American people are sick of. As to insurance fraud, only insureds who make claims and get paid from insurance companies can commit such conduct...some do it through their lawyers.
alan

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2009

Only time will tell what actually occurred here. In the USA lawyers can sue their mother for giving birth, and if their mother fails to answer in a timely manner (by hiring and paying her own lawyer), her attorney son who sued her can get a judgment against his mother! Until these roach-like shysters have to pay all the winner's court costs and attorneys fees, the frivilous litigation will never stop.
Sycho

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2009

Judged:

I find it interesting that Bill Bridge would have the gal to say that his company has an "A" rating with the BBB. That's an outright lie. I went to their web site and did a lookup on the company and they have absolutely no rating, or information on Columbus Fire Repair (aka Nations Construction, LLC) at the BBB's web site.

If his company was in good standings and delivered what they promised, then why are there a total of 8 complaints filed against them at the Ohio AG's office?

Furthermore, this con artist and his cronies took my mother for several thousands of dollars after her home caught fire two years ago.. The home has STILL not been repaired.
WmBridge

Chagrin Falls, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2009

Judged:

There is a principal which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principal is: Contempt Prior to Investigation
patricia

Bedford, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2009

Judged:

if u think columbus fire repair is bad you must not know about nitro restoration that at my house before the fir dept showed up to put the fire out then robbed all my money and didnt even put felt paper or my furnance and then called me a whore when i said someting check those fire chasers out only been in town 1.5 yrs and have 6 complaints with the ag office
Sycho

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2009

Judged:

Columbus Fire Repair and William Bridge III are crooks. To give people an example of the kind of "people" that work for this company, after 2x4's were purchased (with my mother's money which she received from the insurance company) and delivered by someone from Columbus Fire Repair, less than 24 hours later someone from the same company came into the home and took the wood. None of which belonged to the company. No one other than the people that worked for CFR had access to the house. They also changed the locks on the doors and didn't bother telling anyone or even leaving a key.

Bill also lied about the response time from a fire.. His "rep" arrived on scene within 12 hours of the fire.

If anyone wishes to do research on Columbus Fire Repair/Nations Construction, LLC (William Bridge III) can do so by visiting the following URLs:

http://www.fcmcclerk.com/pa/search.php
http://www.bbb.org/us/
http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/

I should also point out that the "hired help" they use are almost all ex-cons.
Heather

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2010

Judged:

This type of story just eats at my sole. I have worked for restoration firms for the last 18 years (1 for 15 years and a central ohio firm for the last 3). There are good fire/water damage restoration companies out there and it's people like this that give the good guys a bad name! We have been in business for three decades and pride ourselves on being honest and providing quality craftsmenship. Taking advantage of those who have just sustained a horrible loss is the lowest form of "bad business" I can imagine. My heart goes out to all those families who have been affected by these "companies". Check with the following sites to find a company who is members of all of them. The good ones are.

www.trustnari.org
www.restorationindustry.org
www.IICRC.org

Good luck....
Nitro Bad News

Lanham, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2011

Judged:

Check out the ohio attorney generals web site as well. No matter what they say everyone can not be crazy. That's what the owner says to his clients about all the bad buzz. Ohio bring them down don't stop
Nitro Bad News

Lanham, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2011

I'm interested in contacting any one who has fallen victim to Nitro Restoration contact me at nitroclassaction@yahoo.com
Nitro Bad News

Lanham, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2011

I am interested in speaking with you please contact me at nitroclassaction@yahoo.com
Nitro Bad News

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

Judged:

More and more complaints against Nitro Restoration not William Bridges look out Columbus they are trying to assume another name in Columbus
Employee at Nitro Inc

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2011

Judged:

To: Nitro Bad News: I work for Nitro Restoration, Inc.... NOT Nitro Restoration, LLC which is the company that Bridges owned. The guy is a complete JOKE, LIAR, THIEF, and plain evil person who used OUR name to rip people off. Nitro Restoration, Inc. has been in business for almost 10 years. We have 17 employees and take excellent care of our clients homes. We have super awesome ratings with Angies List and the BBB. We are members of NARI (National Association of the Remodeling Industry) and they do strict back ground checks on companies before approving applications for memberships. It's sad that I have to carry around a letter from the Attorney Generals Office to PROVE that Nitro Restoration, Inc. is NOT Nitro Restoration, LLC which is owned by Bridges. We are in NO way affiliated with him and are one of the MOST sucessful restoration firms in Columbus. This Bridges is just a JEALOUS JERK who can't be honest if he was told it would cure CANCER. And this person who is running this NitroClassaction@yahoo.com email...*IS* William BRIDGES and is trying to smear Nitro Restoration, Inc's name...
Give it up.... We have tripled in size in the last 3 years and have a beautiful facility and fantastic employees who are NOT felons by the way (With the programs we are on with insurance companies our employees are all back ground checked and anyone with a felony is not allowed on a job site through that program...duh!)
ALL THIS... with Bridges trying to trash our name!!!
Quit running from the Law Bridges... it's time to let your wife rest for a bit... I bet she's tired of the game.
supplier to nitro inc

Watkinsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Nitro inc. is the biggest joke I have ever seen. No one at my company wanted to supply them. They do not show up on time for meetings. They want you to meet the homeowner instead of them actually doing their job, they want to pass it off to the suppliers.The are ignorant about putting together a house.They got ran out of columbus to atlanta. They have a friend in the insurance business who helps them get the jobs, not awarded on merit.We don't want you kind in Ga. go back to where you came from. oops you can't you ran out up there also.Well we will just wait it will not be long before you have to live here also.
Spoiler

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

I know so much about them it would make your head spin.... and yes, they did get run out of Columbus. They are being sued by so many suppliers and homeowners and even INSURANCE companies. Good luck in Atlanta... down there they don't sue you. They throw your butt in the River.
supplier to nitro inc

Watkinsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Spoiler wrote:
I know so much about them it would make your head spin.... and yes, they did get run out of Columbus. They are being sued by so many suppliers and homeowners and even INSURANCE companies. Good luck in Atlanta... down there they don't sue you. They throw your butt in the River.
please do tell
Kim

Reynoldsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2013

Dear Supplier what would you like to know ? I can assist you "if your not on the take" !!!!!!
Past Employee

Latonia, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Yeah, they are in Atlanta Georgia now. There are like 11 lawsuits going on with them through Franklin County Ohio courts. I hear there are warrants out for both owners now. It's only a matter of time... they will be BACK in jail again where they belong.
hi kim please inbox

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Kim wrote:
Dear Supplier what would you like to know ? I can assist you "if your not on the take" !!!!!!
S

ease inbox me at afoco.ohio@gmail.com bowls love to ask u a few question
anyone with info on nitro

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Inbox me please trying to get them served
afoco.ohio@gmail.com

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Westerville Discussions

Search the Westerville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Did We Just Lose 85,000 U.S. Jobs to Foreign Wo... 12 min Nickled Dimed 1
Is Nevada rancher a freeloader? 21 min Pope Che Reagan Christ I 187
220 marines died thanks to Obama! 29 min d pantz 10
What kind of God drowns 300 kids? 37 min d pantz 16
JBThugwork 1 hr yeah baby 1
why is chelsea clinton so ugly? 1 hr ChilliGal 31
Pope Francis - Another Obama Failure! 1 hr yeah baby 16
•••
•••